Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Nov 6th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #1
malleus

malleus is on a distinguished road
this is something for ff8 fans *FF7 AND FF8 SPOILERS*

i must be going out of my mind but i have only just realized that
Spoiler: show
laguna and raine are squalls parents and the girl that meets him in the hospital at the start and says 'so we meet again' was his half sister.i know the names give it away with squall, laguna and raine well all are related to water.
so if anyone knows can they tell me if im right? >< im thick

Last edited by kupoartist; Jan 3rd, 2005 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Spoiler Warning in thread title now warns about FF7 spoilers
malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #2
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
It is never explicitly said that this is the case, but yes - It seems to be pretty likely. They look quite similar, and notice how Laguna has Squall's Triple Triad Card. The conversation that you can spark up with Kiros and Ward also seems to hint heavily that Squall is Laguna's son - one says something along the lines of "Well, at least you don't look like your father". The whole Ellone / Squall relationship seems to indicate it also - note that Ellone wasn't Squall's half-sister: she was adopted by Raine. It is said that Raine and Laguna had a child. Squall called Ellone "Sis" while he was at the orphanage.

So nothing conclusive, but it seems pretty likely.

There is an FF sub-forum for this stuff you know ^^
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 05:23 PM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Not everybody has played the game, so please next time mark spoilers to not give away important details of the plot!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:29 PM   #4
Diablometroid

Diablometroid is on a distinguished road
Aha!

I think I have this figured...Laguna and Squall have been linked by Ellone, "sis", and Laguna is kinda like Squall's pseudo-father. After all, if memory serves me correctly, Laguna was Ellone's father...am I right?
Diablometroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:42 PM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablometroid
I think I have this figured...Laguna and Squall have been linked by Ellone, "sis", and Laguna is kinda like Squall's pseudo-father. After all, if memory serves me correctly, Laguna was Ellone's father...am I right?
"Pseudo" would imply that Laguna is Squall's fake father. It's pretty clear that he's his real father. Also, Ellone wasn't Laguna's child, but was a girl adopted by Raine and Laguna after her real parents died. Ellone was the little cute girl running about in the third dream, who later gets kidnapped by the Esthar scientists who have been commanded to use Ellone's powers to send Ultimecia back into the past, via Sorceress Adel. Laguna goes on a Mission to Esthar to get Ellone back, but as far as I remember, Raine dies whilst he is gone having never told him that their son has been born. It is heavily hinted that Squall is this baby boy.

So
Squall: Laguna and Raine's Son
Ellone: Laguna and Raine's adopted daughter. She was adopted young, and loved greatly by her adopted parents, so any son of theirs would likely call her "Sis".
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 07:23 PM   #6
Diablometroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
"Pseudo" would imply that Laguna is Squall's fake father. It's pretty clear that he's his real father. Also, Ellone wasn't Laguna's child, but was a girl adopted by Raine and Laguna after her real parents died. Ellone was the little cute girl running about in the third dream, who later gets kidnapped by the Esthar scientists who have been commanded to use Ellone's powers to send Ultimecia back into the past, via Sorceress Adel. Laguna goes on a Mission to Esthar to get Ellone back, but as far as I remember, Raine dies whilst he is gone having never told him that their son has been born. It is heavily hinted that Squall is this baby boy.

So
Squall: Laguna and Raine's Son
Ellone: Laguna and Raine's adopted daughter. She was adopted young, and loved greatly by her adopted parents, so any son of theirs would likely call her "Sis".
ok, I haven't played it for a while, but I never remember anything about Raine having a child...correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't ellone the girl that squall met while living with Matron? That he called "Big Sis"? they parted after ellone was kidnapped, didn't they?
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:37 AM   #7
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
ok, I haven't played it for a while, but I never remember anything about Raine having a child...correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't ellone the girl that squall met while living with Matron? That he called "Big Sis"? they parted after ellone was kidnapped, didn't they?
Here is one site's take on the theory, mentioning most of the facts and clearing up some misconceptions: Clicky
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:13 PM   #8
Diablometroid

Right on!

It's all coming back to me...I remember all of it...jus one last question. At the end of FFVIII, Laguna marries another woman. Can you guys remind me who that is?

Another thingy, I've also heard that squall is supposedly Cloud and Aeris's son...that's probably crap, though. Aeris died at the end of disc one and, although I've heard rumors that aeris somehow lived and can be seen with cloud at the end of the game via some super secret. I'm not gonna believe that
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:35 PM   #9
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
It's all coming back to me...I remember all of it...jus one last question. At the end of FFVIII, Laguna marries another woman. Can you guys remind me who that is?
Hmm... that's news to me. All I remember from the FF8 ending was Laguna visting Raine's grave. Then there was also a flashback where he was with her in the fields. He may have proposed, but I'm not sure about that one.

Of course, the interesting thing about the FFVIII backstory is that in Laguna's first dream, he's obsessed with the piano lady, Julia. He never gets it together with her, which is just as well because she is Julia Heartilly; Rinoa's mum!

Quote:
Another thingy, I've also heard that squall is supposedly Cloud and Aeris's son...that's probably crap, though. Aeris died at the end of disc one and, although I've heard rumors that aeris somehow lived and can be seen with cloud at the end of the game via some super secret. I'm not gonna believe that
Interelation between the FFs is extremely unlikely. FF8 doesn't follow from 7, which doesn't follow from 6 etc. The major barrier to that family tree is the fact that FF7 probably doesn't even happen on the same world as FF8 (though some have theorised that the FF world is the same, just millions of years away from each other - the world map is always different, if not majorly so).

The "Aeris can be ressurected" rumours are as old as... the oldest person you can care to mention. Aeris can in no way be ressurected In any version of the game. The game was released a long, long time ago now, and no one has been able to produce compelling evidence that it is possible. If it were, there would be a gameshark code for that purpose (as it is, you can hack Aeris into your party after her death: It causes major glitches and obviously wasn't intended).

Of course, as far as the wider FF7 story goes, the sequels (Advent Children and Dirge of Cereberus) could turn Aeris' death around. Still not possible in FF7 itself though, and Cloud and Aeris are certainly not Squall's parents.
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:19 PM   #10
Diablometroid

Oh, ok...that's a flashback...I got it...