Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:51 PM   #1
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Question Final Fantasy Chronicles

anyone own this? is it worth it?

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 06:14 PM   #2
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

FFC? You mean the one with the double discs featuring FFIV and Chrono Trigger? If so, then yes! I have this game and enjoy it very much. 'Sides, it's only aroun 20$ now.

Final Fantasy Chronicles is a repackaging of what are two of Square's greatest triumphs from the 16 bit era. Here, Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger make their return, and make it well. Both of these games are quite solid. FFIV, as you probably know, was released in 1991 here in the states as Final Fantasy II. For many FF fans, this is considered the beginning of the FF epidemic, as is was the second game, and already had a story that was as intriguing as it was captivating. This FF really did leave you wanting more... and just look how far FF has gone today! Furthermore, if you like FF, then FF IV is surely a FF that you shouldn't miss. IMO, it is by far better than some of the later FFs.

Furthermore, CT is a game that everyone should play. If you didn't have the pleasure of playing this game when it was released for the SNes, they by all means go out and grab a copy of it now. After all, it was made by the best minds of both Square and Enix, why not give it a chace?

These two games are really games that everyone should play. The only problem now are their visuals, for as they looked great in their respective times, nowadays both the graphics and sounds look significantly dated. However, if you can spend some of your money on a double disc package for two games that aren't exactly eye candy, go for it.

I'm sure you'll like it, mister sir. Two great classic games.

... GO GET THEM!
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #3
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
FF IV is worth getting all on its own. Chrono Trigger is a good game....didn't enjoy it as much as FF IV. If you don't mind the outdated graphics both games are still great to play. If you buy the greatest hits version you can get it for as low as $14.99 in some places.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:35 AM   #4
Infernal Mass
pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_doughnut
FFC? You mean the one with the double discs featuring FFIV and Chrono Trigger? If so, then yes! I have this game and enjoy it very much. 'Sides, it's only aroun 20$ now.

Final Fantasy Chronicles is a repackaging of what are two of Square's greatest triumphs from the 16 bit era. Here, Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger make their return, and make it well. Both of these games are quite solid. FFIV, as you probably know, was released in 1991 here in the states as Final Fantasy II. For many FF fans, this is considered the beginning of the FF epidemic, as is was the second game, and already had a story that was as intriguing as it was captivating. This FF really did leave you wanting more... and just look how far FF has gone today! Furthermore, if you like FF, then FF IV is surely a FF that you shouldn't miss. IMO, it is by far better than some of the later FFs.

Furthermore, CT is a game that everyone should play. If you didn't have the pleasure of playing this game when it was released for the SNes, they by all means go out and grab a copy of it now. After all, it was made by the best minds of both Square and Enix, why not give it a chace?

These two games are really games that everyone should play. The only problem now are their visuals, for as they looked great in their respective times, nowadays both the graphics and sounds look significantly dated. However, if you can spend some of your money on a double disc package for two games that aren't exactly eye candy, go for it.

I'm sure you'll like it, mister sir. Two great classic games.

... GO GET THEM!

i think i'm going to go ahead and get it. I want to play Chrono Trigger again really bad before i jump into Chrono Cross, plus FInal Fantasy IV is a nice bonus. Thanks for the info miss mena!

<this is my happy face!

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 09:51 AM   #5
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
Definately a great buy. Contains two of Square's (now Square Enix) greatest RPGs of all time. I'm still seeing fanboys and fangirls ranting about how awesome these two games are.

Chrono Cross isn't a direct sequel to Trigger, so don't worry about missing something in the Trigger storyline. Very little carries over.

The FFIV in Chronicles is the "hard mode" of the game. When they released it as FFII all those years ago, they sent the easy mode here. Still wasn't much of a challenge, but I did notice a few differences with the bosses, so be prepared.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 12:49 AM   #6
Infernal Mass
pariah

Thumbs up

ugh, ran into best buy today to buy this game today and there were so many little snot nosed kids running around..i hold spiderman responsible for the whole mess.

Felt like mission impossible trying to make my way thru the them..i almost picked up another game, but i figured i'd just buy this and get the hell outta there..glad i stuck with it.

i'm playing thru FFIV first, then it's on to Chrono Trigger..

I'm liking this old school final fantasy, played up to the ant lion cavern and decided to give it a rest.

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 10:22 AM   #7
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
Good job! I know how tough it is when you want to go get something, then you get some evil little brats running around.

Have fun with FFIV and CT, I know I've spent numerous hours on those games. If you need any help with FFIV, I can help ya out.