Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #1
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
your own fantasy

I'm positive this thread has been done before(or maybe i am just a trend setter )but here we go. If you were the story writer, character designer, basically the top dog of square enix what would the next final fantasy be like in your eyes. Here is what mine would be like:

My adventure would start in the quaint city of Atlanta. Two brothers(similar to the Boon Dock Saints) find their calling to rid the world of scum especially the one man who has been bringing chaos to downtown ATL, Cid(there's always been a Cid in every FF) They find them selves trapped in a world of tourists, thugs, and all around hustlers as they make their way through the streets of their hometown. They come accross a warehouse that contains their help in the remainder of the journey, a third party member. Her name is Hermione Granger(I couldnt think of anything else), and she is their black/white magic witch. But they find that they don't need her healing powers and black magic, they need skills, to make words rhyme. Instead of random battles, they have random rap battles on the new battle system, the computer spits out a rhym(usually being in the form of a thug(bosses would be like Ludacris and Fat Joe). The computer would start by serving you, and you have to serve them back twice as hard, get ready to use your noodle. With a combination of the Novalogic mic for socom 2 you and your friends will spend up to 200 hours playing and rap battling.
Extras:
instead of chocobos its Eclipse's with all the racing who ha's and what nots you could need to be as fast as a chocobo

mini games include:
1v1 rap battles with friends
street racing chocob(oh wait)eclipses
and 1v1 dj battle

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 10:04 AM   #2
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
I remember a long time ago when me, Soul Angel, and tons of others roleplayed our own FF here. Its probably somewhere back in the archives.

Give me some time and I'll think of mine.
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #3
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
this thread has not been as popular as i thought, o well.
I added a new mini game to my list on my adventure:
a DDR pad will come with the game and there will be dance contests, and u can serve the computer a cold dish of in yo face!

IT'S MYSPACE!
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #4
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
^ I just think your idea is horrible
Doesn't make me want to participate...

Snake, you're still a nice guy in my book
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 05:56 PM   #5
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Come to think of it, I guess I could write down an idea I had a while back.
( In the good ol' days, when I had time to dream )

**WARNING**
You are now venturing into 'lame' territory... at your own risk.
( I feel so stupid just for making up sucha thing )

Characters ----------
Guys - girls
Good Guys -

1. Larrken the Dark Knight - Sword w/ flag on it
2. Varda the Shaman - 2 small Battle axes
3. Fargus the Robot - 1 Revolver
4. ?????? the Ghost / White Mage - Magic Scrolls
5. ?????? the Black Mage - Flute / Guitar
6. ?????? the Fat Samurai - Polearm
7. Mona the Sailor - Saber
8. Beak the Aviator / Chocoboman - 2 Guns
9. ?????? the Joker - Balls ( various sizes )

Bad Guys -

1. Drogg the Magic Eater (Beast) - Claws, etc.
2. ?????? the Evil Princess trying to resurrect an ancient God - ??????
3. ?????? the Princess's protector, Woman/Fox - 2 Swords
4. Betekenis the Evil God that the Princess wants to resurrect - HUGE Sword
5. ?????? the Leader of underground mafia 1/2 man, 1/2 robot - Magic, tricks, etc.
6. ?????? the Gothic killer for the mafia - 2 Knives
7. ?????? the Magician of the mafia - Black magic
8. ?????? the big brute of the mafia - Big Hammer
9. ?????? it's a secret!

Story ----------
( Let's make this short 'n sweet )

Varda ( the Shaman ) has a 'vision' in a dream that a great evil is coming... she thinks it's the God that the Princess is trying to resurrect, thus she feels she must leave her village in order to stop this abomination ( with the blessings of the elders of her village, as each person HAS to go on some type of pilgrimage(sp?) at some point, when they sense the time is right ). So, she starts her journey at the crack of dawn...

She wanders in the woods for some time, then gets run after by a wild best and ends up falling down a cliff, right into a village's garbage dump ( it's huge... ) There, she meets Larrken and Fargus that seem to be working there... she manages to convince them to go with her. Following their path in the next forest ( haunted ) they finally arrive in front of a small house protected by a tiny animal: Drogg with it's master ( lil' guy... not important ) they do battle and the good guys win ( Bad guys run away, but not before mentionning something about having captured a magical girl, which Droggs usually love to 'feed' on ( they feed of magic )). They go inside the house, discover the "ghost / White mage" and she comes with them. When they exit the woods, a young guy is waiting there, playing music... it's the Ghost's lil' bro. He's a black mage and had been looking for his sister for quite some time, but couldn't find her... ( joins party )

The party is now composed of 5 characters.

*wanders around for some time*

Comes in a town, Varda meets an old friend that has been imprisonned for some crimes ( not important ) he is the fat samurai. He now has to carry the burden of his actions ( has to keep a big barrel attacked to his back ), but still ends up joining the group ( the get him out of fail... by force? ) They finally arrive at the ocean, where they meet one of the Samurai's old friend, Mona ( the sailor ). She agrees to take them across and eventually joins the party.

The party is now composed of 7 characters.

*wanders around for some time*

Drogg shows up again without his master ( he ate him ) and he's somewhat bigger... he's obsessed with the Ghost, as she smells like magic ( a lot ) and she was the first he ever tasted. ( nothing sexual kids ) They do battle and the good guys win, sending Drogg home cryin'.

After some time, they meet a pilot, Beak ( who is in fact... get this: Cid! ) He god turned into a Chocobo-man by a punch of 'air-pirates', while he was making a delivery ( yes, he used to deliver stuff ) and now he's stuck this way! He agrees to help the crew, but doesn't join the party yet. Going trough a 'hi-tech' town at some point, they get arrested by the police ( mayor's order ) He's corrupted and wants travellers to pay certain feels ( that no one can afford ) One of the mayor's accolyte is the Joker, who finally decides to help the party, as he is tired of the mayor's attitude and stuff. They finally run away...

** I have to make another post... it's too long, sorry **

Last edited by Qjij_jijQ; Sep 8th, 2004 at 05:59 PM..
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #6
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

^ Continue from above... sorry again, it's just too many words to put in 1 post.

*Stuff appens, people wanter around, they battle Drogg, thugs, creatures, etc.*

After defeating a certain boss, something happens with Larrken...
A female extraterrestrial comes out of his body ( in the form of light, thus not killing him ) Larrken had been VERY quiet from the start and was somewhat creepy... but after she came out, it all changed.

She tells her story to the other party members...
She had came to this planet not too long ago and in order to survive the environment while she was 'forming' and 'evolving', she had to find a host body and she happened to come across an almost dead Larrken, thus she decided to infest him. Larrken eventually recovered, but he was different ever since... as in order to survive, the alien had to feed on something that is the core of all life ( in the story at least ), which is the soul. This had eventually created somekind of 'unbalance' in the life system, as there was a 'living' creature without a soul... this unbalance had created some type of distortion in the 'life cycle', thus making Larrken a 'part' of the world, instead of an entity living in it.

Right after she finishes her speech, Larrken comes back to his senses and viciously kills the alien and runs away... leaving the gang speechless.

From this point foward, Larrken becomes an unstoppable killing machine, killing everything in his path, out of race, confusion and sadness. Since he is on 'part' of the world, he is almost invulnerable, although with time, he starts to slowly disintegrate(sp?) ( He's like dissapearing in smoke, leaving only a train of himself behind )

Eventually, they face off on a flying 'complex' and at the end, they manage to flee as it is about to crash to the ground and he stays there... and dies.

*the gang continues on their journey, facing off against Drogg, thugs, creatures and finally the mafia*

Fights a lot against the mafia and finally beats them, but not without losing Fargus, who sacrifices himself in the last battle against the mafia Leader... thus having Beak replace him in the party.

Then, they finally catch up to the Princess and her army ( which has been raging war against other armies, because the only way to revive the ancient God is by killing a certain ammount of people ) The Princess has almost reached her goal, but the gang stops her ( for the moment ).

The Princess and her body guard flee, leaving all the rest of the armies behind... as they are EXTREMELY close to reviving the God. The party goes after them and they end up in a 'Heaven' like place ( which is all white ) with the Princess having a small lead. Just before they catch up to them, they get attacked again by Drogg ( who is now HUGE, because he ate so much magic... he's also smarter now ) They do battle, the good guys win and he falls down a what seems to be 'endless pit'.

Arrived at the top, they meet the princess and her bodyguard. They do battle and when the bad guys see they can't win ( at the end of the battle ) they make a desperate move and kill THEMSELVES, thus allowing the God to be revived.

Betekenis ( the God ) makes a terrifying entrance through a portal that leads to Hell ( something like that ) and he does battle with the party... at the end, as he is about to deal a final blow, when a sword runs through his chest and he falls flat on the floor, revealing none other than... Larrken! ( Varda now knows that the 'true' evil in her vision was not Betekenis, but Larrken ) He has come back from Hell and although he looks EXTREMELY calm, you can just tell he's there to finish what he started... the party has no other choice but to flee. Larrken runs after them and eventually the good guys manage to escape. He then drops down from the so called 'Heaven' and kills of the rest of the armies and then goes to do the rest to the rest of the world...

Since he is now soulless, there is some type of 'void' that has formed inside him, which is in fact a passageway for demons to come out into the world... so that's what they do.

*Party wanders, trying to catch up to Larrken and stop him, as he keepds killing and destroying everyone / everything.*

At the end, they finally catch up to him in the last place they would've expected... the junkyard ( at the beginning ) But first, they have to run through a maze ( through the garbage ) filled with demons and whatnot, left behind by him.

At the end, they face off under the rain, in dirt... a battle to the end, without any angels ( Angels are always the last bosses... well, almost ). It's simply a question of will. Larrken is quicker and stronger than ever, but the gang eventually manage to beat him off...

After the battle, as he is rapidly dying, Larrken dashes toward the gang in a last attempt to get rid of them ( If the player doesn't react to the flashing 'Press X' that appears in the corner of the screen for a fraction of a second, they all die... if they do, then Larrken gets hit by a bullet, falls and finally melts, leaving only his skeleton ). The gang turns around and find Fargus, in pieces in the garbage, barely managing to hold is gun... he finished off Larrken.

*Celebrations Final Fantasy style... blah, blah, blah.*

Damn that was long... and for some reason, it looked better in my head.
Anyways... if you have any questions, comments, just ask.

... meh, this feels so lame.

Last edited by Qjij_jijQ; Sep 8th, 2004 at 06:01 PM..
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #7
RobHardo

I'll just recreate my own main character for you.

No name as of yet:
6'3- about 185 lbs. spiked out brown hair. One of the shoulder pieces of armor(like Tidus from FFX) over a black wife beater shirt. He wears jeans with a belt made of kangaroo leather with a place to hold a very large *knife(explained later) His footwear consists of boots that have a springlike device on the bottom that pops out on command so he can jump higher if need be.

Weapons:
The knife: The handle is made of bone with the blade extending from it about 10 inches with an acid tip for some more discomfort.

weapon(s) of choice: Twin Katanas that catch flame on command, and can combine into one double bladed sword(like star wars) and when combined the swords can be stretched apart but pull back together via a chain. So the character can throw the sword for those goons that like to keep a distance.

IT'S MYSPACE!
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 06:46 AM   #8
LrdAlucard
Metalik0r

LrdAlucard is on a distinguished road
Wel...hum...ff story? i would make one up, but i had to think. Im posting right now without having a thought about it. First of all, i dont think enix would ever create an ff with a rap battle system!!!! O.o that just wouldnt be....well.....FF!! ff's are about fighting...wether the opponents are good, evil, or whatever. Fighting for themselves, fighting for the world, fighting for the evil or good side, an ff will always be a figthing rpg ^^

as for the other story, u have a pretty good argument there Qjij_jijQ ^^ once i tried to make up an anime story. i even had two guys that would make up the drawings for it but then...well, after i create the main char and a couple of secundary chars...well..i just thought..."Wth am i doing?!" I couldnt create by myself an anime..im just a college boy...that likes anime....not some producer..or writer...anyways, here goes my story ^^ it might be usefull for u...or smthing like that..

Here we are, in the future. (year 20**), and the world (our world) was no longer mankind's only place to live... the galaxy had been populated and Earth was now just a "resting place" for adventurers.. humanity had long ago turn its attention to a newly discovered planet which they called "G".. it was a planet were humans could live perfectly, pretty much the same as Earth, with only one main difference...it had less gravity. Men created then a game, THE game, that would be much more important and known that any other game known before, called G-BALL (i know, it exists already, but its just for "medical" aid).. G-BALL was a game, a mixture between pro-football but with rollerblades, and quidditch (dont now if i wrote that correctly). the objective was to score in some "holes" (like in quidditch) and football, its just that they were 50 meters up in the sky.. They could use whatever strategy they could (even punching n kicking other players) and they had ramps all over where they could jump to score.. it would be a pretty damn fast game cuz of the rollerblades ^^ (its a bit like the movie rollerblade )

well, anyways, the story is about one famous player of g-ball, Shinoda (yeah, one of linkin park's members name i just love this name, dunno why O.o he is just 19 years old and hes the top scorer of the whole game. known by every man, women or child. he was a cold hearted player, that just would live for the game. but, he would be a failure in his personal life.. no girlfriend, no friends, and his parents would be separated, he would just live with his mom n younger sister. Manily, the story is just about his life, his change through years and stuff like that... Well, its ust a bit stupid, but my whole problem was the dialogues... lol i just cant make them up ^^; the story is quite interesting anyways, at least i think it is comment ppl, please ^^

"Its a good night... On nights like these, I crave for blood."
LrdAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #9
RobHardo

I didn't mean that I was serious I about my fantasy. I made this thread for people to have a chance to get in touch with their creative side, and qj just so happened to disagree. I thought of that fantasy on the spot man. It isn't something I have been sitting on for years or anything like that. You guys need to lighten up a bit and have some fun with this.

edit: and i see you guys posting fantasies when you think it's a silly idea, and i don't tell people how to run their fantasies so please don't tell me how to run mine

IT'S MYSPACE!

Last edited by RobHardo; Nov 27th, 2004 at 08:52 AM..
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #10
LrdAlucard
Metalik0r

LrdAlucard is on a distinguished road
Hang on man. i didnt say what i did about ur story just to upset u nor did i want to "tell you how to run your own story". I just said squarenix would never (or i just might be mistaken) make a battle system with rap...just that.. about the story itself, i didnt even comment. anyways, about my story, i didnt think that much neither. it just came to me someday and i thought it over like 1 week...then i just dropped it..it wouldnt work lol. I would like to experiement a G-Ball game though

"Its a good night... On nights like these, I crave for blood."
LrdAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #11
RobHardo

I apologize, I was referring to Qj, sorry i didn't elaborate on that Lrd. I was being really vague with my statement, and I'm saying this in a not to be nasty mean way Qj, I'm not getting pissy about what you said, so lets not get into a feud or debate about it.

edit:
I figured my character name out:
Nigel Longbottom

IT'S MYSPACE!

Last edited by RobHardo; Nov 28th, 2004 at 10:43 PM..