Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 06:03 AM   #1
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Most Anticipated Game(s)

What games are you looking forward to playing or waiting for to be released (or something along those lines )?

Xbox 360
-------------
When E3 was aired, there were only a handful of games that I was interested in, but when I saw the Tokyo Game Show that list expanded a little.

Ninja Gaiden 2- The first one, till this day is among the best action games IMO. And I'm pretty anxious to see Ryu's new moves seeing how now he's armed with a scythe ........ (/spasm moment) and, some claws like Wolverine. (Along with the dual wielding swords) They also added the wind ninpo to his arsenal as well. Nothing about the story has been revealed, but I think they said something along the lines of this is taking place in New York city.

Lost Odyssey- When I saw it on the TGS, it looked like they were using a battle system similar to Shadow Hearts: Covenant. They showed a ring, and you had to do something for X amount of damage. Also, the game is done by the guy behind the Final Fantasy games. (Or is one of the guys behind it?) That's about all I know about the game. Other than that, it looks nice.

Devil May Cry 4- Who isn't waiting for this game? Whether it's for the 360 or ps3, I just want to play it. Try out the new fancy combos for the new guy. Besides, it's my type of game

Then there is one game whose name I can't remember at the moment. "Something" Discovery. Another RPG done by square enix (Action RPG to be exact). I think the folks behind Dragon Quest are behind this one. (Correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know anything about the game, but it looks hot.)

Playstation 3
----------------
I haven't really been dogging the ps3 like some of the others because I still see potential in this console. It's just that I have no interest in it at this moment. However, there are some games I'm anxious to check out that was showed at the TGS. Obvious choice being MGS4 of course.

Timeshift- A FPS (I think) version of Prince of Persia. I find it rather cheap to be able to freeze time in the middle of a gunfight, but I like that type of cheapness. That's about all I know about it.

Final Fantasy XIII Versus- I'm not really all that interested in FFXIII itself because I hear the gameplay is suppose to be similar to FFXII, and I didn't like what I played in the demo version of that. But in any case, FFXIII Versus is suppose to have gameplay similar to that of Kingdom Hearts (I think) or just an action RPG.

White Knight Story- Now, I'm normally not into the whole RTS type games, but I'm actually curious about this game. Don't know any details about it though.

Unfortunately, nothing really sparked any interest from Nintendo. Perhaps later on down the line they'll have something that'll interest me.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Just to update. The name of that game for the 360 is called Infinite Discovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square-enix.com
INFINITE UNDISCOVERY is the newest fantasy RPG developed by tri-Ace Inc. (STAR OCEAN®, VALKYRIE PROFILE®) for next-generation hardware. Players will be drawn into a real-time world woven of countless threads where their choices will spin untold discoveries. This title, combining the talents of both Square Enix and tri-Ace, will be an unforgettable experience.

INFINITE UNDISCOVERY
Developer: tri-Ace Inc.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Platform: Xbox 360
Genre: RPG
ESRB: TBD
Ship Date: TBA

DISCOVERY & IMPACT
The actions taken by the player with each discovery will have a real-time impact on the world.

Situational Battles
Players will be confronted with a variety of dramatic “situational battles” such as executing a daring escape while a gigantic ogre follows in hot pursuit, or waging battle amidst towering tidal waves. The dynamic environments change and respond in real-time to player commands, creating an entirely new experience never before seen in the genre.

A Seamless World and Real-time Action Combat, exploration, and other actions all take place within the same environment, seamlessly shifting between each game facet. Battles are carried out in real-time, bringing the vibrant fighting sequences of the STAR OCEAN series out of the traditional battle screen into a beautiful and lush environment.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Half Life Orange Box, coming out next week. cant wait.

then Call of Duty 4 next month

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #4
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
yes, orange box! TF2 is exciting me muchly. I'm really digging the beta.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #5
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
TF2 is a definite one. I'm not much of a PC gamer let alone buying a new PC game, but I will be picking this one up when it comes out. I haven't had the chance to play the beta but it looks pretty spiffy.

Along with that I'm much looking forward to Starcraft 2. That looks amazing.

For the good'ol PS2, Guitar Hero 3 is top of the list... and, pretty much the only one on the list. The track list so far makes me vibrate with excitement. And finally, (since I was too cheap to buy a separate guitar) I will have 2 guitar controllers. Woo.

For the Wii, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Mario comes out next month and I'll be getting it cuz, well, its a Mario game and the first for the Wii. I've heard good things about it. Smash Bros. is a classic, there is no "I'll pick it up latter."

Thats all for my list till the end of this year.
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #6
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
I absolutely cannot wait for Resident Evil 5 to come out. Im itching to play a new RE game. I've been playing RE 4 over and over again to keep me occupied but that cant last for long.