Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Closed Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2003, 05:18 PM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Lisence to Kill ? (Political Post)

I dont know if any of your states have passed this but here in Ohio they are thinking about making it Legal for anyone over 18 to carry concealed handguns. I am deeply bothered that such an idea has even been taken into consideration ANYWHERE. It seems ludacris to me that there are poloticians in office that would favor something like this

The goal in passing this would be to arm civilians so that they can protect themselves in everyday situations. Such as when your getting mugged, in a store/bank thats getting robbed. They think that by doing so that criminals will be too scared to comit such crimes.

It seems to me that the politicians stopped thinking there. I mean lets look past the possible posotives of this bill and check out some of the VERY possible side effects. Heres a situation, Joe Schmoe is about to pull into the last parking spot available at the department store, and along comes John Doe who cuts him off and takes the spot. Joe Schmoe gets out of the vehicle armed with his perfectly legal concealed handgun. Mr. Doe confronts him physically. A scared, physically intimidated Joe Schmoe Pulls his gun just to get the man to back off. Doe panics and reaches for the gun, in the struggle John Doe ends up shot to death in the parking lot of your local Department store. I mean things like this can and WILL happen if you allow everyone to carry around weapons. And those are rational people, there are ALOT of nut cases out there .

And on top of that you have average, urban, young, black man. Who, to complete his thugged out image buys a 9 millimeter pistol and carrys it with him tucked in the waist of his jeans. He gets high at a party where he sees the guy that stole his girl or ripped him off (you name it). He pulls the gun and starts talking trash just to intimidate the guy. (Trust me this could very easily happen i live around ALOT of urban black people) . But wait this guys a thug to and he has a perfectly legal concealed weapon. Now he pulls his and well, put 2 and 2 together, people end up dead.

And do you really think that these criminals who rob banks are thinking rationally when they decide to rob a place. Theyre not going to worry about people in the bank having guns, all there worried about is the moeny and there next drug fix.

So how do you guys feel, maybe some of you live in a state where this law has allready been passed .

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 06:36 PM   #2
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Obtaining a legal license to carry a concealed handgun is very, very difficult. In Georgia, the state with the highest concealed handgun carrying population by volume, something like only .005% of the people have licences, and only around half of them actively carry. These people include private security, off duty or retired cops, ex military, et cetera.

I understand peoples' alarm when it comes to laws like this, because most of the time all people see is "LEGAL TO CARRY HIDDEN WEAPONS!!!", and assuming that every nutcase with an intense desire for self preservation would be carrying a Glock in their pocket blowing peoples' heads off is very, very scary. But the fact is it's REALLY feckin' hard to get a permit. (Legal does not mean easy)

And, IMO, legal concealed weapons take a backseat in ridiculousness/outrageousness to the right for a burglar to break into your home, hurt himself, and sue you and the restriction in most states against you doing anything to harm the burglar once he enters your house.

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 01:13 AM   #3
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003
And on top of that you have average, urban, young, black man. Who, to complete his thugged out image buys a 9 millimeter pistol and carrys it with him tucked in the waist of his jeans. He gets high at a party where he sees the guy that stole his girl or ripped him off (you name it). He pulls the gun and starts talking trash just to intimidate the guy. (Trust me this could very easily happen i live around ALOT of urban black people) . But wait this guys a thug to and he has a perfectly legal concealed weapon. Now he pulls his and well, put 2 and 2 together, people end up dead.
You sicken me.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 04:18 AM   #4
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

You sicken me.

I second that. It's not a color issue at all. It's an everybody issue. Personally, I'd be afraid to have somebody like you carrying around a gun, too, after your advocation of destructive behaviour in the "Whoa, that was scary thread."

Think about the things you say next time.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #5
chronicc

chronicc is on a distinguished road
Its not Racist at all, its obvious that a young black person is more likely to break the law, looking at statistics. And If you think i'm Racist for saying the word "black" then maybe you should think about it for a while.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #6
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
I dont think its about being racism. I've seen a lot of gang brawls most with dark people in it...but i dont see it racist, and i dont call it their nature...but its comon to see a dark person fighting in a streetbrawl at night.
I dont think is racist, i dont tread dark people differently...but the fact remains and its that most out there are the ones in a street fight. I mean they where the ones that created rap, and you know how controversial rap can be.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 02:58 PM   #7
JC Denton
HERO!

JC Denton is on a distinguished road
in britain this law would never be passed, on the whole not even the police carry guns. But then we dont have the death sentance ether. I dont know whether this is becasue we are more paranoid or less. We have very few people killed every year by guns becasue of this. It is very illegal to carry guns, even to own a shotgun to shoot birds you need a licence. I dont feel that carry guns in any way will make people safer. I would have thought i would make people more scarred when walking around at night knowing that now everyone is dangerous. It is very over the top way to solve the problem of cutting crime, personnaly i dont think it is fair to shoot a robber or even a mugger. I would class this as excessive force and murder. As far as the race issue, i do not think that a black person is more likely to commit gun crime than a white person, i do feel though that in what local culture u have been brought up does make a difference. I would also like to make the point that if vicious had said, your average urban white person...... Noone would say "you sicken me" becaus e at the moment becasue of social pressure and political correctness the only ethic group you can pick on is the white males. I do not believe that the statment vicious made was in any way "sick", it is only that society as the public as a wholehave decided that anything said against a minority or female is wrong, and therefore sick. I do not believe it was made as a racist attack only as an example maybe common to him or just as an example. The fact that he used a enthic person as the protagonist makes it a racist statement, which just isn't true. Dont get me wrong i dont like racist people or sexist (male or female), im not racist or sexist but i feel we must see past the political correctness and understand what is and what isn't a rascit statment. We cant live life in fear of saying the wrong thing and persicuting people for there terminology its time things changed and people started opening there eyes and not immedietly persumeing every statement someome makes about an ethnic minorty or indeed any ethnic origin to be rascist.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 04:48 PM   #8
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Ok Preventer when you learn even a single thing about black people come talk to me, till then shut up. That situation could very easily happen. Take your hippie ideals and go somewhere . Nice post though man, 2 words, I can tell you put alot of thought into that one. (By the way I know preventer in real life and he goes to a school with like a total of 8 black people, I went to one that was half black half white, I think I might know LOT more about african Americans than he , and probably most of you (Did I mention i live in an aprtment complex where only 3 of the near 300 apartments are occupied by whites ?)

And to Red Pyramid head and Preventer, you can both kiss my ass. Red you DONT know me, please dont pretend to. Maybe YOU should think before you speak. If anyone trying to make this a race issue its you two. Dont post in this thread if your just trying to start race arguments. What i said was warrented and can and would happen. White people would probably be shooting eachother too. Im just saying its the thug image crap that would have them doing it more

Anyway I dont care if I sicken any of your, could give a damn really. Cry me a river . And I think this law is bad for any race and even if it is difficult to obtain a lisence its still not good in my book.

P.S. I am Racist and if many of you left your homes in your all white suburbs and actually dealt with Urban Black people on a regular basis you would be too. . There is an unwarrented Taboo around being "racist", alot of people took it up by watching too many Public Service announcements telling you to love everyone regaurdless, Im sorry but I live in the REAl world. Heres an example of what I mean

Me Preventer and some others were seing the Hulk yesterday (Good Movie by the way) , and anyway. Were surrounded by black people in the front of the theatre. Didnt bother me because I dont judge people untill they give me a reason to. To make a long story short this black girl behind us Received 2 phone calls and each time carried on a converation for over ten minutes . She wasnt even trying to be quiet. And then she actually made a phonecall herself and carried on a convo. Then there were about 8 kids ranging from probably 10 to 16. They were loud as hell talking during the whole movie with no perental supervision at all . On top of that there were adults behind us that were cursing up a storm when there are very young kids right infront of them(One of them said I aint turning my Fu*ing cellphoneoff). It bothered the hell out of me, the guys infront of me, and Preventers sister . I could list a million examples of black people being Very rude. Not near as many about white people being that way. Heres another example.

In all my classes where there were blacks they all banned together and sat away from all the toher kids. The vast majority of the mis behavior in my classes came solely from the black side of the room. Coicidence, I dont think so. One of my classes the teacher tried to give a black kid a refferal to the office and they started calling her racist. Teachers cant even punish them because it looks like shes just picking on the blacks, when in fact it just so happens that the black kids do nothing but talk and disrupt class. Once this black kid called a friend of mine a peice of shit under his breath to be funny because cracking on white people amuses them. How in the world can anyone condone this kind of behavior ?. The majority of white people in my school are racist, I know because ive hung around most of them at one point or another. Belive me its NOT unwarented and I bet if any of you went to my schools youd be the same way

Now I can only judge by the black people Ive encountered her in toledo Ohio but from what ive seen of them they come off in general as VERY rude, VERY Ignorant, Mannerles people. Now are there mannerless white people ?, absolutely but ive seen a WHOLE lot more black people that acted like that. Bottom line, dont come telling me about black people when you probably only known 10 of them your whole life. I have more black friends than I do white, they can be great people when you get to know them, but that doesent change the fact that so many of them are jobless ignorant and rude. Oh and by the way in case you havent noticed they talk like cave men. Ya heard me ?! Shit dog I been knew dat !. Makes them sound uneducated.

Im not saying they are inferior or incabable of being very smart people. Im just saying that for one reason or another many of them are brought up to be Ignorant and rude. Any black man could be just as smart and succesful as any white man, idian man,you name it, brought up right, and with the same oppurtunities. But many of them seem content with living in dirty slums and being bitter, ignorant, and rude.

If you are offended by my previous post . The following is for you

THE TRUTH HEARTS, GET OVER IT. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Jun 21st, 2003 at 05:19 PM..
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:11 AM   #9
Preventer Wind

To judge an entire race over your experiences is totally ridiculous.

Quote:
Me Preventer and some others were seing the Hulk yesterday (Good Movie by the way) , and anyway. Were surrounded by black people in the front of the theatre. Didnt bother me because I dont judge people untill they give me a reason to.
Quote:
P.S. I am Racist and if many of you left your homes in your all white suburbs and actually dealt with Urban Black people on a regular basis you would be too. .
A complete contradiction. You do not judge people until they give you a reason.... yet you are racist.

Quote:
Oh and by the way in case you havent noticed they talk like cave men. Ya heard me ?! Shit dog I been knew dat !. Makes them sound uneducated.
So does your spelling.

Quote:
THE TRUTH HEARTS, GET OVER IT. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
And that is where you are wrong again. The truth is that no one should judge a person by the color of their skin. People in general are rude. Now that is the truth. To say you grew up in the ghetto and went to school with more black kids then me or any one else here makes you the biggest expert on African Americans is totally stupid and wrong.

What exactly can you tell me about them? What do you know that I don't know? I've been around a lot more white people in my life. Does that mean I know more about white people then you? Do you understand what you are saying?

Quote:
Originally posted by JC Denton
I do not believe that the statment vicious made was in any way "sick", it is only that society as the public as a wholehave decided that anything said against a minority or female is wrong, and therefore sick.
That may or may not be true. But the reason is that those 2 groups of people have been oppressed for how long? How many years have women been in power? How many years has a black man or woman been in power? It's because there are people like Vicious in this world that pre judge people based on the color of their skin that people are so up tight whenever a statement is made. I mean do you want a racist to be your boss? I don't think so.

Quote:
P.S. I am Racist and if many of you left your homes in your all white suburbs and actually dealt with Urban Black people on a regular basis you would be too. . There is an unwarrented Taboo around being "racist", alot of people took it up by watching too many Public Service announcements telling you to love everyone regaurdless, Im sorry but I live in the REAl world.
No my friend there is no taboo. It is just flat out wrong. Non racist people do not need Public Service announcements to tell them racism is wrong. It's people like you that need to learn the lesson. Do you even know part of their history. What they have had to go through at the hands of white people? Maybe you know what you have been told. But from what I have learned black people have all the reasons to be rude and ignorant and manner less to any damn white person out there. Now what have blacks done to you? Have they chained you up and whipped you for no reason? I think not. The most harm they have done is to make you feel uncomfortable. I feel more uncomfortable knowing the KKK is still around. So the day you become a black man you have no excuse to be racist. And don't give me that crap about how it's 2003 that does not happen to them any more. They still experience racism towards them for no reason.

So to you I say I hope you burn in hell for living in the Real World.

Sun Tzu
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #10
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
What you just said proves you have'nt lived in a all-black neighborhood. I am far from a racist, two of my ex-g/f's were black, and some of my best friends are black, but the fact of the matter is that racism affects everyone. Wether you are black or white, you will deal with racism one way or another. The thing that pisses me off about it is that in a majority of cases, when a white person calls "racism", it is brushed off, but when a minority calls it, it gets a lawsuit brought up. For a perfect example, my father works at social security. He has worked there for 22 years. He has the best record out of everyone there, yet is passed up on promotions for 20 year old african-american women. If you say there is no racism there, look at the statistics in his job. Every other culture group makes the bare minimum for the color percentage. His job has them hire a certain percantage of people based on sex and color. If they don't meet the quota, they are fined and put under evaluation. Every other group JUST makes the cut, but black females are three and a half times higher than the minimum. If you are trying to say that "we have to pay for the acts of our forefathers" then what about the african tribe leaders that would capture other tribes and sell them to the "white man" for money??? The majority of the slaves were captured by their OWN PEOPLE!!! You say that they had to deal with so much in the past, well like a lot of people say THE S%^& AINT HAPPENING AS MUCH NOW! Why should they be given special treatment because someone's great grandfather beat their great grandfather around? Should the jewish take over germany cause of what hitler did? I can't count the number of times that I have walked down a street in my own neighborhood and gotten harassed by a group of black guys just because i was white, and in "their" neighborhood. When someone shoots at you and says "get the F$%^ out of my neighborhood white boy", talk to me then. I can understand where he is coming from. I do think it is slightly racist what he said about black people starting problems, but part of me agrees with him, cause i've never been robbed by a white guy! just two days ago, two of my friends got the S%^& beat out of them cause they were white. What do you have to say about that? Should their kids have to allow white guys to call racism on them for what they did? As for saying that he is judging an entire race by the actions of others is ludicrous. He is stating the well-known fact that in low class, urban neighborhoods, the majority of crimes are commited by african americans. Judging people by statistics is not wrong. He is simply being precautious. I don't hold actions of others against everyone, yet it doesn't mean that I can't keep an eye out. I will allow a person to prove me wrong without giving them any attitude, but the treatment that I have recieved at the hands of others has often been more negative when coming from a black guy. If I meet someone black who treats me like another human being, I will be more civil than anyone around here, but when I walk down the street to catcalls of "cracker" and "ghost", it makes me wary. As for the comment about what they recieved giving them the right to be rude and mannerless to any white person, does the fact that I've been shot at three times by them give me the right to f^&*ing shoot someone who calls me a cracker? You say that they haven't done anything but make us feel uncomfortable, but I've got the damn scars to prove THAT little theory wrong. I have brought up racist remarks towards me to school officials three times , yet they didn't even talk to the person, but when my friend got called "whitey", and responded with, "f&*% you spook", he got expelled.... You apparently have not had the experience of true interaction between races. I can believe that you went to a school with 8 black guys. They probably acted like white guys didn't they? I went to a school where me and a friend were the only two white guys there, and we got shoved around in the hall all the time. When it is 2 on 2000, you can see stuff like that. My neighborhood is definitely in the MIDDLE of the ghetto, in detroit's west side. You act as if it isn't a difference when someone lives in a seperate area. I'm not trying to say that I am the specialist on black people, i'm just trying to say IVE HAD A LOT MORE EXPERIENCE. Yes, if you have lived in an all-white neighborhood, you have more knowledge about white culture than I do, cause I never see white culture around here. You also mentioned that "those 2 groups of people have been opressed for how long?" what about the other groups of people that got oppressed, the irish, the chinese, the jewish, the mexicans, why didnt you mention them? It's understandable what you are trying to say, but the knowledge-base that you are placing your argument on is very narrow and unstable. You can try to tell me to burn in hell for what I have said, but you are being an ignorant bastard. When you have truly experienced the situation that we are trying to explain, then you might change your mind some. I'm not advocating racism in any way whatsoever, i am totally against it, yet i am against it for EVERYONE!! You just contradicted your damn self by saying "black people can be rude to whites whenever they feel like it" That is just as racist as anything. You can try to tell me what the hell is going on in the world, but until you know what you are talking about, don't come harping in the group, and trying to act as if you are smarter than anyone. If ya wanna pick a political battle with someone, try it with me. I can tell you right now, whatever you try to fire at me will be shot down "with a quickness" as my black friends would say. Have a nice day! Hope i didn't give you too bad of a headache ripping your argument apart.

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #11
JC Denton
HERO!

JC Denton is on a distinguished road
there is a big taboo over racism its called political correctness. Racism is wrong but it doesn't mean people arn't entitled to their own opinion or should be persecutted for their beliefs. We all judge people for many different reasons, some are more narrow minded than other. Judging by race is no worse than judging by looks in my opinion. Yet becasue society tells us that judging my race is bad, people are outcast for it. Unfortunatly though for anti rascists and most people as a species we will never stop judging and excluding people becasue they are different, it is a safety mechanism, one that is or was important to our survival. A common enemy strengthens the group. For anti rascists, racsists are the enemy for racsists foriegn races are the enemy.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #12
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

nice point. To me, the reason i am anti-racist is the same reason that i jump on people about insulting my clothes. I have a very open mind concerning other people, and it seems like even though i put forth full effort to keep an open mind, there are so many people out there who don't care. another thing is that they seem to be so hypocritical about it all. If someone throws a racist comment at me, and i say something like it back, they would act as if i had offended them beyond anything else possible. If they have the balls to deal it out, then why is it that they can't take what they give? It seems as if the ignorant always have to be right... I don't have any problem if a person thought racist thought, but kept them to themselves, it is when they try to push their beliefs on others that they get to me.

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 01:21 AM   #13
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
To judge an entire race over your experiences is totally ridiculous
THAT my friend is the Taboo you are conflicted with. You think racist and you think its someone saying I hate all black people. WRONG. Any black man that treats me with respect will receive the same respect in return. I wouldnt have any kind of preconceived notions about him. Its just that from the black people ive encountered (Hundreds more than you preventer, gaurenteed) the majority of them are ignorant, and rude, also many dont like white people at all. So am I racist yes, am I KKK material, not at all.

Quote:
So does your spelling
Insults are for childeren

Quote:
And that is where you are wrong again. The truth is that no one should judge a person by the color of their skin
I agree. But I have never just seen a black person and thought he was a Niggar. Its after he acts ignorant that I think poorly of him. Id think just as poorly of a white man that did that. My point is more black people act that way than white.

Quote:
It's people like you that need to learn the lesson
DUDE you dont know shit about black people youve grown up in an ALL WHITE neighborhood for the vast majority of your life. If anyone has a lesson to learn its you. See more of the world before you try and give ME a lesson . If your going to teel Me I too need to see more of the world then tell me where in the world is a primarily black neighborhood thats not crime ridden ? Why do they live in gang neighborhoods all the time ? Opression ? I dont think so. They cant use that as an excuse anymore. Even with affirmitive action handing them jobs they dont deserve they cant rise out the ghettos

Quote:
So the day you become a black man you have no excuse to be racist. And don't give me that crap about how it's 2003 that does not happen to them any more. They still experience racism towards them for no reason.
Racism against blacks that rob, steal, act rudely, is justified. And this minor racism they eno****er isnt keeping them from learning english, getting jobs and getting out of there ghettos. I guess welfare is hard to get off

Quote:
What you just said proves you have'nt lived in a all-black neighborhood
Sorry mate, your wrong I do live in an all black neighborhood. So I guess that kind of invalidated your whole post. Preventer knows where I live ask him if you need proof. Untill then dont act like you know me cheif. Thanks

P.S. What makes you think you are right when so many of you know SO little about black people ? Most of what you know you see in movies probably. And youve been tought to love everyone. Thats fine when your on the Barney and Friends show but again I live in the real world. Ive spent the night at black peoples houses before. Ive encounctered countless blacks and from all that I have seen I am racist. It is justified and the only wrong thing about it is that the black community is seemingly happy where they are, In ghettos for the most part where gang violence is everywhere. All youd have to do is get a job. Affirmative action provides jobs very easily for Minorities yet they still dont seem to be taking them . Why ? Because thugs dont work construstion, they work the streats . Sorry for the rude awackaning but black people arent represented by that one black person you know who lives in an all white neighborhood, and there not represented by Eddy Murhpy or Colin Powell either. There are alot of very good black people out there, just not enough of them

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Jun 25th, 2003 at 01:32 AM..
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #14
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Hey Vicious, The entire first post was directed at preventer. The whole thing is going against the things HE said. Sorry if you got misunderstood, but I was agreeing with you, not going against you. I think we are of the same mind on this, but I describe myself in a different light. I say i'm not racist, but like the posts said, it doesn't mean I cant watch my back when there are a big group of black guys following me. I think you believe the same thing, but if you feel differently, let me know. I'm not the type to assume what you are thinking, but it seems like we are preaching the same thing.

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 10:20 PM   #15
Preventer Wind

You still don't understand. And you probably never will. You say you are racist when you do not know the definition of the word. You tell me to go out and see more of the world when I actually leave the state I live in more then once a decade. I mean how many times have you even gone out of Lucas County? Way less then me. You are the one that needs to get out and see the rest of the world. You think well I've encountered 100s of black people more then half have been rude so they must be rude I hate them I am racist. And you have never ever been rude in your life. Take a walk in your world and report back to me.

Quote:
If you are trying to say that "we have to pay for the acts of our forefathers" then what about the african tribe leaders that would capture other tribes and sell them to the "white man" for money??? The majority of the slaves were captured by their OWN PEOPLE!!!
Yeah. It was them or the people they conquered. But who were the people buying the slaves? Am I saying that white Americans have to pay for it? No. I am simply stating that whites have treated backs cruelly for no reason.

Quote:
You say that they had to deal with so much in the past, well like a lot of people say THE S%^& AINT HAPPENING AS MUCH NOW!
AINT HAPPENING AS MUCH NOW! It just goes to show that it is still happening. I understand it will never ever be stopped completely but it still happens a lot. And the past where it did happen a lot is not that far back.

Quote:
I do think it is slightly racist what he said about black people starting problems, but part of me agrees with him, cause i've never been robbed by a white guy!
You have stated that you go to school with one other white kid who is your friend. Now tell me how much of an opportunity there is for you to be robbed by a white person?

Quote:
As for saying that he is judging an entire race by the actions of others is ludicrous. He is stating the well-known fact that in low class, urban neighborhoods, the majority of crimes are commited by african Americans.
Because there are a lot more African American that live in the "ghetto". As you stated you go to school with 1 other white kid. Well if you or him committed a crime wouldn't the statistics say that 50% of white kids that go to your school are criminals. That stat is misleading.

The thing you have to look at is how many people are black and how many are a different race. How many black pedophiles have you ever heard of? Or how many African-Americans have you heard of committing business fraud? How many black presidents have ever been impeached? Or criticized for a tax cut or declaring war? I understand the crime rate is higher. And I'm not saying that that is right because it isn't. My point is that most crimes are committed by the "low class" citizens because there are more "low class" citizens. And most of the "low class" is not white. Maybe it's just a "low class" thing and not a "black" thing. But it is almost impossible to tell because crime stats from the past are not accurate and complete.

Quote:
You say that they haven't done anything but make us feel uncomfortable, but I've got the damn scars to prove THAT little theory wrong.
Actually I didn't say us I sad Vicious. To my knowledge he's never been shot at.

Quote:
Why should they be given special treatment because someone's great grandfather beat their great grandfather around? Should the Jewish take over germany cause of what hitler did?
I never said special I said equal. And the Jewish were given their own country...which if you pay attention is the reason why the Middle East is in such turmoil. Plus there is the fact that the German leaders were punished and well if you look back most of the time the whites who committed the hate crimes were not and they got off free like OJ.

Quote:
You apparently have not had the experience of true interaction between races. I can believe that you went to a school with 8 black guys. They probably acted like white guys didn't they?
Yes, I do go to a school where there are about 20-40 black people. I don't know most of them but I am friends with one. They usually stick in their own group because some people are rude to them and they are probably scared.

But no they really don't act like white guys. I mean that's part of the problem right there. Why is it white guys? Couldn't you just say they tried to fit in? You make it sound like being a white guy is better then being a black guy. Now I am sure you didn't mean to say that. After all you are anti racist with a lot of reason to be racist.

Quote:
You also mentioned that "those 2 groups of people have been opressed for how long?" what about the other groups of people that got oppressed, the irish, the chinese, the jewish, the mexicans, why didnt you mention them? It's understandable what you are trying to say, but the knowledge-base that you are placing your argument on is very narrow and unstable.
I didn't mention them because the argument started off about blacks. The Irish don't catch that much flak in the states anymore and the Jewish never really have. Asians were discriminated against in the past (40s and 50s mainly) but have now just started to get the respect they deserve. Plus you don't often hear people killing Asians because they were Asian or Asians committing crimes. This is probably because of the small percentage of Asians in the US and most of them live amongst them selves. Now Hispanics are a different story but I wont go into that.

Quote:
You just contradicted your damn self by saying "black people can be rude to whites whenever they feel like it" That is just as racist as anything.
I never said it was right. I was just saying that through the coarse of time blacks have been treated as animals and nothing like humans by the majority of people in the US until recently. I mean it took 2 and a half centuries for slavery to be abolished in the US. Then it took another century for segregation to be stopped. But I highly doubt that you have taken the time to realize this.

Quote:
It is justified and the only wrong thing about it is that the black community is seemingly happy where they are, In ghettos for the most part where gang violence is everywhere.
And am I to take it that you and your mother are happy living in the ghetto? After all you live there. I take it that you want to?

But you guys are still looking at the color of the person's skin. I have to refer to them as blacks because you guys can't see past it. The day you stop to judge somebody because of where they come from or what they look like is the day you can start looking at life in a different perspective. But you people can't see through it and probably never will. It's not my fault that while I was growing my parents had jobs that paid decently and I got to sample some luxuries of the middle class. It's not my fault you grew up in the ghetto. It's not my fault you were shot at 3 times. To tell me this and try to get me to see how easy it is to be racist is irrelevant because some where out there, there are decent people trying to make a living. People who are nice and kind who take their lashings that they do not deserve and continue in their humble way. The fact that while you imagine these people you have to look at the color of their skin and say ok is the reason why you will never ever get it. The fact that you are too scared to say that people in general are rude and malicious because you yourself are human is the reason why you will never ever get it. The fact that you must judge "black" people differently from "white" people and can't just judge people is the reason you will never ever get it. The fact that you think this is a race thing and not a human thing is the reason why you will never ever get it.

PS: I will say no more because if you guys still think it's ok to be racist then that's your fault.

Sun Tzu
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #16
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
First of all- Vicious, you are no more than an ARROGANT PRICK. You ask people not to prejudge you and then you announce like your on some fucking podium that you live in "the real world" and everybody else is off in some fantasy land. Would you like a fucking cookie? Is that what you want? A fucking medal for putting up with something that happens all over the world and isn't just some special case for you to whine about?

Second of all for people who are willing to listen-
Different ethnic backgrounds have not gotten along and ended up in messy political situations with eachother throughout history and all over the world. It is not a black and white thing. And like Watchz said, why were asians, hispanics, middle-easterners, etc. not mentioned?

Rascism is not acknowledging this common problem and not doing anything constructive about it like realizing we need to grow as a human race. We are (albeit slowly) beginning to use more of our brains and becoming intelligent and I also believe more in touch with our souls...what gives us meaning. We also need to slowly lose or modify certain survival mechanisms that no longer apply that cause us to act aggressively. It's natural for the groups of people who atleast FEEL the most threatened in any case to be more hesitant to let go of this behavior.

Do you think we don't have to suck it up, too? Hold back from reacting to rascist comments for our own safety as well? I am white as well as hispanic and its hard to see what happens to my family on both sides and perhaps I am lucky...to have always looked at it from a perspective where it would be natural for me to want no rascism against anybody either way. I will tell you all one thing...it's a beautiful thing to see my relatives embrace eachother.

My take on race relations is if you can't offer a solution and just bitch and complain...well my point is there is a big difference between Watchz more helpful post than Vicious's which lacked any kind of constructive comment about his experiences.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 01:32 AM   #17
SplinterJD

SplinterJD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

I know preventer in real life
are you saying we arent real.

and btw i couldn't b bothered reading your post coz it was too long, if you want to get your point accross to people do it shorter coz not everyone is willing to read an essay.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 05:29 AM   #18
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Thanx red. nice to see that someone sees my attitude as constructive criticism. I didnt really mention the other problems with races because it seemed like the black-white thing was the main thing discussed, but also because I haven't really had too many negative experiences with other races because of the neighborhood I live in. If I had some other points to place, I'd love to chip them in, but I just lack the experience to say how things go in other areas. I just try to offer my opinion when i have the thoughts to back them up.

And splinter JD, I can understand some people don't feel like reading essays, but a majority of the political issues cannot be discussed in few words, if a person does not get the whole point across then it is often misconstrued, and then they have to re-explain the entire thing. If i could sum my posts up to make them quicker, i would, but this is too big of an issue to say 25 words about it.

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #19
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Quote:
Vicious, you are no more than an ARROGANT PRICK
Your entitled to your opinion. But its clear to me you have no earthy idea what your talking about. Keep your insults to yourself my friend

Quote:
are you saying we arent real.
lol, no i just used a poor choice of words. I just mean I know him beyond the boundries of our little message board community. And im sorry my posts tend to be too long. Ill try and shorten them up. But a someone said important issues conjure up a lot of thought

And as for the rest of you its funny how ive made valid point after valid point but all anyone has said basically is. Judging people by there skin color is wrong and stop bitching . Hmm sounds like im right and none of you have any experiece to prove me wrong. Because im not bitching im just proving a point, and as ive explained i DONT judge people untill they give me a reason to. Its just that most black people give me a reason to. Most of you are sounding like a bunch of hippies that have watched too much sesame street to me . But oh well its clear that you just dont have the life experience in this area to know anything about it. But just to make a point ill leave the following question

Would any of you concider raising your childeren in an all black Ghetto, if the asnwer is no, im afriad your racist. And why are these neighborhoods so poor ? Is it because they are opressed ? Nah. I live in an all black neighborhood and no one around here is oppressed, as I said affrimative action gives them every opportunity to go places. Many fo them are just lazy slobs whod rather sell drugs and collect welfare than get a real job and move there childeren to a better place. Thats a FACT of life where I come from, im just asking if its different anywhere else where its majority black. And so far I dont think it is too different anywhere else. I can see why your all so upset though, you enjoy living in a fanatasy world where every race is equal. Im afraid thats just not the case and white people arent the ones to blame for this. Well maybe our ancestors share some of the blame but not us.

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Jun 26th, 2003 at 03:37 PM..
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #20
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

First of all- Vicious, you are no more than an ARROGANT PRICK.
_RED_ stuff

I agree with red, you are so arguementive, I cant beleive you take all this time and effort argueing with someone over on the internet, on a forum, AND you dont know them, racism is a no, no, and a ban on this site.