Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Creativity Forum

Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 05:08 PM   #1
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
Some Criticism

This may be too off-topic but I'll give it a go anyway. This is a reactionary piece I've been putting up around campus because of this campaign called "Do You Agree with Graydon?".

-------------------------------------------------------------

DO YOU AGREE WITH BULLSHIT?

Before I take any stance I promise not to be a radical. Free speech is wonderful and it's important we are all allowed to be believe in what we please. That said, the Graydon campaign is fucking ridiculous.
I don't know Graydon as a person and I don't know what he thinks about how far this exercise in overzealous nonsense has gone so I'll decline comment on him and discuss instead about the driving force behind it.
Now, it's completely understandable to see how the Campus Crusade for Christ has taken upon themselves the mission of converting as many "heathens" as they can – we all want to be like Paul and all that – it's just that when it begins to infringe on the rights of students in practice of alternative perspectives an issue arises.
When every other step on campus has a giant cartoon thumb sticking it's penetrating digit in your face it has the effect of becoming quite overwhelming. If any other group of individuals was propagating their cause to such an extent we would most likely not tolerate it as far as this has already gone.
While the CCC may think they are doing some form of good with this incredible waste of resources it's taken every student who's aware of what those abstract eyesores mean questioning and research beyond some football player's name and a sign of positivity to understand why their campus is littered to such a degree.
This whole thing seems fairly pointless.
I'm also quite sure that if they were interested in really getting their point across a poster saying, "Do You Agree with Christ?" would be ever so much more effective. But perhaps that would be a bit too direct.
Instead, the Crusade seems content enough in creating a representative icon out of a star football player. I'm not going to profess to being an all knowing source of inarguable knowledge but I do remember something about Christians not being the greatest supporters of false idols.
Perhaps we should look at these posters, advertisements, sidewalk drawings and realize the grave errors of our ways when we see them, cry, "I do agree with Graydon!" and hurry back to repentance at the nearest Church. Even better would possibly be the construction of a sort of Graydon shrine, maybe put together with pages of infidel holy books and bubble gum wearing a Gryphon's helmet and drop to it every day, worshiping until our knees bleed.
No. Maybe we could do the entire university the great service of lessening any one group's infringements upon our rights to free thought and reduce the number of signs all about the school. Free speech is healthy until the point in which it violates that very same right for other's. Crusades do not always have the greatest histories and this one seems to be turning out no better. Put down your swords, little King Richards . . . use restraint. Engage someone in respectful conversation and prove your point that way.
Much more will be done and far less damage to the reputation of the Christian faith if we can lessen the extent of these campaigns. Please, cut back on the chalk and paper. No revolution will emerge by these efforts.

- Capital R

--------------------------------------

Tell me what you think. Sorry if this is a bit vague but I thought I'd post up something I've written lately. I'd just seen all of these advertisements and tons of graffiti all over the place and I wanted to offer a criticism to all of it.

Last edited by Reid; Oct 23rd, 2004 at 05:09 PM..
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote