Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Aug 29th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #1
D][giTaL

D][giTaL is on a distinguished road
MTV Awards

I just thought i make a thread for those of you out there are watched the MTV video music awards last night. What was your fav part, what do you think bout it and all that fun stuff.

For me, i was would say that watching Brittany, Madonna, and Christina preform.. and kiss was my fav part. The performance by metallica was really good too, as also was listening to Chris Rock make fun of everyone!!!!!!!

Anyways... as i was watching last night, i tendend to notice that the entire show has turned into one big advertisement. Have the time an award winner would go up to the stage, they would have to advertise the release date of one of their albums. It was also more like a fasion show tooo. I don't now bout everyone else.. when they over due it like the way they have started it kinda bothers me. I watch the show to see if my fav artist are goin to win an award for their talent, and yet you can see in some of the artist, they haven't really that joy for the music anymore and just want the money they from their sponsors for wearing their clothes on stage.
D][giTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 11:21 PM   #2
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Well MTV2 is what MTV was when MTV first came out. Get that if you want music videos.

My favorite part of the show was Chris Rock. He was hillarious. Especially the joke about R. Kelly and the Olson Twins.

Quote:
Anyways... as i was watching last night, i tendend to notice that the entire show has turned into one big advertisement. Have the time an award winner would go up to the stage, they would have to advertise the release date of one of their albums. It was also more like a fasion show tooo. I don't now bout everyone else.. when they over due it like the way they have started it kinda bothers me. I watch the show to see if my fav artist are goin to win an award for their talent, and yet you can see in some of the artist, they haven't really that joy for the music anymore and just want the money they from their sponsors for wearing their clothes on stage.
Every major award show is like that. Every show that has over 10 minutes of commercials is like that. And every year somebody dresses up in a crazy outfit. Marilyn Manson's date was practically nude. Some of the outfits are just too much. And you can read magazines to find all that out

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 11:50 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
The only thing good about the show was Metallica's set at the end of the show.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks

Last edited by Uchiha Sasuke; Aug 30th, 2003 at 11:04 AM..
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 10:50 AM   #4
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Man, the kiss for the best..... I was like WOH. What the hell is happening. It was worth watching. Plus yeah Chris Rock was soooooo freaking funny.

As for Metallica, I liked it only when they played the different songs in the beginning of their act, that was really cool.

Overall, the awards were pretty good and fair........ I guess. Pretty fair.....I have to say.

And it was nice to see Eminem's Clothing line........ I think I am gonna buy some of his stuff "Shadys"........ pretty cool it looked.
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #5
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
i dont like MTV at all, the only thing i liked about the awards were coldplay, metallica, beyonce(hottest lookn' female ever), and AFI winning an award (AFI= t3h r0x0rz)
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 01:49 AM   #6
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Im sorry but that kiss was flat out uncalled for. HOT, yes, very very hot...so very...ahem ! BUT still, I cant respect something like that when its done clearly for shock value. Those three are SUPPOSED to be singers. Yet clearly good music takes a back seat to publicity stunts. And good music also takes back seat to simply showing ALOT of skin and dancing like a 3 dollar whore. Also, good music appears to take a back seat to peoples ego driven desires to gain as much cash as possible and just do what sells.

I didnt get a chance to watch the awards but the only thing i probably would have cared for was Chris Rocks comedy and Cold Play. Anytime Cold Play preforms its worth watching, they are a breath of fresh air in an age of commercialized Corporate controlled CRAP (That includes Any Boy Band, Most Rap, Most Pop, anyone from a Reality show, etc).

I dont think any host will be able to top last years, Jimmy Fallin was HALLARIOUS lat year . He made up for that crappy performance by G&R . Theyre washed up like Metallica . Im sorry but im not listening to someone flat out scream incoherantly into a mic

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 06:23 AM   #7
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

And it was nice to see Eminem's Clothing line........ I think I am gonna buy some of his stuff "Shadys"........ pretty cool it looked.
Whoa, now I really wish I had seen it, just for that. I know I'm gonna buy some of his stuff eventually, it's been advertised for the past week or 2 on the radio for this back to school thing the station does every year.(it's a rap station)

I missed it, but I caught some when they showed it the second time and I was just mad that Justin Timberlake got the best male performance award instead of Eminem or 50 Cent. That's all I saw really, the last 30 minutes didn't seem too appealing.

What's this 'kiss' that you're all talking about?!
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 11:30 AM   #8
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

https://www.mtv.com/onair/vma/2003/po...ohnshearer.jpg

https://www.mtv.com/onair/vma/2003/po...kevinmazur.jpg

Those are the kisses to which we refer

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Aug 31st, 2003 at 11:38 AM..
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:03 PM   #9
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003
I dont think any host will be able to top last years, Jimmy Fallin was HALLARIOUS lat year . He made up for that crappy performance by G&R . Theyre washed up like Metallica . Im sorry but im not listening to someone flat out scream incoherantly into a mic
Sorry but Metallica Coldplay and you. 20 years and still going strong, if Coldplay does this I will respect them on the same level but now I won't

Social Networks
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:48 PM   #10
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

You call that joke of a song St.Anger going strong ?. I could write a better song myself

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:55 PM   #11
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Ok, I am not going to be a gentleman over here but did you guys see the a$$ on Christina, I have to say, it was woh. It evens out I guess....... Britany got a better kiss from Madonna, but Christina looked fine, way better then Britany in the performance. ............... The kisses were the best though.
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 03:10 PM   #12
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
don't be fooled by the decepti-choniez Makg.

Those booty shorts she was wearing were designed by NASA to accentuate her flat ass.

still though they call out to me.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 04:13 PM   #13
D][giTaL

D][giTaL is on a distinguished road
wow... its funny how those three kissing on stage is just gettin taken waaay to far by the media. I was just flippin threw channels yesterday morning. One of the headling topics of many of the morning shows was if Brittany used tonque or not. there was like a 20 min discussion on one show. and then they had topics about world issues and stuff like that at the very end of the show for like 5 min. i know it was great to see, but they dont need to turn it into like a national holdiday or anything.
D][giTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 05:23 PM   #14
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:

You call that joke of a song St.Anger going strong ?. I could write a better song myself
And I persume you can drum,play bass, and guitar better than them too. And yes St.Anger is a very strong album. Very unique from what is out today. Totally new sound and hardcore all the way. Plus there's deeper meaning to that song than what you may think. Plus I hope you know that wasn't St.Anger they were playing live that was Frantic.

Social Networks
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 05:56 PM   #15
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
me n sssnake think the same
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 07:59 PM   #16
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I'm just finishing watching them replayed right now and it was pretty entertaining.

There weren't really any incredible moments during this one though - I think my favourite would be Metallica's covers of songs from the last 20 years of rock.

Although I'm not a big Metallica fan I do enjoy them when I hear them and I respect them as musicians, though I really think only Hetfield should have been the one singing at the end of the awards.

Overall, it was a pretty standard award show, a big celebration of pop-rock that didn't dip so far into overindulgence as it has in the past and Chris Rock did a good job hosting it.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 10:45 PM   #17
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Oh I respect Metallica. I just dont think theyre half as good as they used to be. Personally I think they need to hang it up, I dig that theyve still got the passion, but HONESTLY have you heard theyre new CD ?. Id rather they have gone out on a good note than on this 2nd rate stuff. But then again bands rarely go out on a good note

Old Sep 1st, 2003, 10:52 PM   #18
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I agree that Metallica has lost some of the umph they had in their earlier days (for lack of a better word), but I think it's hard for a metal band to keep things incredibly fresh, especially when their vocalist has somewhat of a limit on his capabilities.

The problem that a lot of these bands run into is that they get locked into one type of sound or mood often trapped by the singing on the tracks - and before SSSnake can attack me, I haven't heard St.Anger all the way through and this isn't a direct jab at Metallica.

That's not to say that there are a lot of great metal bands of all different sub-categories that can keep what made them popular going while still reinventing themselves - I mean, Tool is an incredible band that stands out as a fantastic example.

I think I maybe ran myself out on the genre a few years ago though - a bit too much exposure to it for a while and maybe I've gotten cynical.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:24 AM   #19
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

https://www.mtv.com/onair/vma/2003/po...ohnshearer.jpg

https://www.mtv.com/onair/vma/2003/po...kevinmazur.jpg

Those are the kisses to which we refer
I see now, I went somewhere near Pittsburgh for someone's birthday and they were watching the news when we got there and they showed that part. I think it went a little too fast.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 01:10 AM   #20
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:

Oh I respect Metallica. I just dont think theyre half as good as they used to be. Personally I think they need to hang it up, I dig that theyve still got the passion, but HONESTLY have you heard theyre new CD ?. Id rather they have gone out on a good note than on this 2nd rate stuff. But then again bands rarely go out on a good note
Ok i'm going to stay of the violent path on this post. Vicious the stuff on St.Anger may not be to your liking but it is definately full of a lot of energy and is very unqiue. The band admitted is getting old but they are still filled with the same fire. Espically when I saw them at the Summer Sanitarium Tour. Man they upstaged Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit like they were nothing. Now back to St.Anger. Its not second rate be any means. It was produced in an entirely different manner and put together totally different. They recorded everything in one shot rather than multi-tracking everything. They have alot dirtier sound, seems more gritty and raw. Plus its just a total breakway from what they previously did and what everyone else is doing. Now I'm going to say one thing I may regret. When I first bought the album and listened to it. I thought it sucked. But after a few times of listening through it, I thought to myself. This is truely original and groundbreaking. Now the album is one of my favorite all time. I don't know what advice I can give you Vicious. I would love it if you listened to it a few more times, but your opinion is your opinion and I will respect it.

Social Networks