Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Apr 5th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Unofficial Next Halo Thread

Well, very little is known about the next Halo, but I would like to talk about it. Discuss the game, and its next gen features. Hope you people dont mind.

To make it simple, I would like to write in Point System Method. Heres what "I" know about the game sofar.

1.) According to Bungie, HALO 3 doesn't exist.

2.) According to Billy Boy, it is coming out.

3.) Some rumours say that the next Halo will not be called "HALO" but "Forerunner". Which is why we cannot say that Bungie is lying about HALO 3 not being in existence.

4.) The next HALO chapter could be possibly a prequal, which explains the story of the "Forerunners" which takes place way way before HALO 1.

5.) The game would have 4 player Co-0p Online. (Its about time) But nothing is for sure now.

6.) The game could be called "HALO 3: The Forerunners" for all we know.

7.) The Game coming out now in Spring 07 (According to the romours means that the game could have an unfinished ending "AGAIN" for the MOVIE to fill in the blanks and answer the quesions which comes out in the summer 07.

8.) Rumour has it that the HALO movie is being based on one of the Novels that came out, possibily "The Fall of Reach"...

9.) I am dying to see a video/screenshot of the next HALO game. E3....!/?.?!

Last edited by MakgSnake; Apr 5th, 2006 at 10:27 AM..
MakgSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
The trailer has now been released via E3. It looks pretty exciting, but when compared to that MGS4 trailer it pales. Looks like it might be the end of the franchise going forwards as it were, but we'll wait and see.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
I admit to what faile says. The MGS trailer showed a lot more promise. But then again I guess the Bungie team did not spend a whole lot of time on this trailer, they said it was actually pretty rushed and not up to par with the 360's true graphical power. But yeah I still think it did the job in getting people interested again. We'll see if they release a new trailer with some gameplay or something.

~Will

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #4
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
It's just a quick teaser trailer to announce the game and give hints of some plot points. For something that was made in a short amount of time, I'd say they did a great job. Halo 3 was the best looking for 360 while MGS4 was the best looking for PS3. The detail on Chief's armour was amazing. Can't wait to see more, and maybe we'll actually get destructible environments this time around.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
It's just a quick teaser trailer to announce the game and give hints of some plot points.
I'd say it's not quite as cool as the Halo 2 trailer they made for the same purpose around 2002 (The one where MC jumps out the airlock). But then it's hard for me to get hyped when I'm still bloody waiting for the second game... AND I have to get their goddamned Vista operating system if I want to play it!
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #6
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
I'd say it's not quite as cool as the Halo 2 trailer they made for the same purpose around 2002 (The one where MC jumps out the airlock). But then it's hard for me to get hyped when I'm still bloody waiting for the second game... AND I have to get their goddamned Vista operating system if I want to play it!
They're just building up the suspense for when they announcer bigger and better things.

And what do you mean still waiting for the second game?
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:19 PM   #7
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
I think kupoartist is waiting for the PC version of Halo 2. The game's precise release date is yet to be announced; I did not know you will need Windows Vista to play it! It seems like Microsoft is using Halo 2 as a killer application for the new OS!
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #8
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito
I think kupoartist is waiting for the PC version of Halo 2. The game's precise release date is yet to be announced; I did not know you will need Windows Vista to play it! It seems like Microsoft is using Halo 2 as a killer application for the new OS!
Which yes, is entirely ridiculous. A Two/Three year old game designed for a console that is four or so years behind the best PCs. They better do something special with it. Like I don't know... giving it an ending?

It's all something to do with how the next version of DirectX won't be backwards compatibile or some other money-spinning idea. Microsoft claim there is some kind of justifiable reason behind it, but predictably, not too many believe it. Apparently it'll make it easier to develop for the PC etc. The fact of the matter is that I will have to get Vista to play any worthwhile PC games after a point, so I may as well get Halo 2 while i'm at it I kind of enjoyed the first one to the point where I want to know what happens next, and if whatever happens next isn't copied and pasted 14 times per level.
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #9
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

Ah, I was wondering when they would finally port H2 to PC..
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 06:34 PM   #10
kamari-ice

kamari-ice is on a distinguished road
Hmm... I do not think anyone should wait for the PC port of Halo 2, since Windows Vista Ultimate will retail for 649 dollars. You can buy the lesser version of the software for cheaper, in early 2007, but you get what you pay for. The control of the Xbox while playing Halo 2, is amazing. I found it much better to play Halo 2 on the Xbox, than playing the original Halo on the PC. Whatever floats your boat, though.

Halo 3, will definately sell, no matter what. After seeing the trailer, though, it looks weak. Halo 2 was a big let down for me, fun fun fun, but a major let down. The graphics turned to black during some sequences for no reason at all, and the plot was spotty, and not well developed. I would much rather the original Halo, than Halo 2.

I agree with you all. MGS 4 looks way better than Halo 3 does. Halo 3 was a short trailer, but it showed no excitement, in my humble opinion. I might buy it later on, when M$ has fixed all the problems that the Xbox 360 has... then I might think about getting an Xbox 360 and playing this game. Since, I do think that the games are fun. FPS ftw!

Hopefully, Halo 3 will be better than Halo 2 was. I hope the graphics have improved, no messed up graphics like Halo 2. Definately, I want a better storyline and plot, since Halo 2's was vastly ruined, in my opinion. But, I did find playing as the Arbitir to be quite fun, and something new for a change.

I am happy with the 2007 release date, so I can have some time to think if I should buy it or not. The fact that it is the end of the trilogy, excites me, a little. And, the major uberness that it takes place of Earth, makes me happy. Everybody thought more time should have been spent on Earth in Halo 2, and everybody gets their wishes in Halo 3.

kamari-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2006, 09:42 PM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamari-ice
Hmm... I do not think anyone should wait for the PC port of Halo 2, since Windows Vista Ultimate will retail for 649 dollars.
Why would anyone but the largest corporations need Windows Vista Ultimate? Does any home user need the extra features in Windows XP Professional? No.

Related to this though, Bungie revealed that Halo 2 PC won't actually use DirectX 10 hence Halo 2 PC has no real reason for being Vista exclusive. Microsoft seem to have this bizarre idea that Halo 2 will sell Vista to people, ignoring the fact that anyone who likes Halo so much they'd upgrade their computer for it, would already have the X-Box version and the fact that Halo never went that well down with PC gamers. I look forward to picking it up sometime after Vista's release nonetheless, but only because many of the bigname PC games will require Vista soon.

And I think calling Halo 3's "trailer" weak is pretty premature. It's a teaser rather than a full-blown trailer, it shows nothing and nothing about the game can honestly be taken from it, beyond the fact that Halo 3 is coming.

Last edited by kupoartist; Jun 1st, 2006 at 09:44 PM..
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #12
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile
It looks pretty exciting, but when compared to that MGS4 trailer it pales.
Well part of that can be attributed to the fact that the MGS4 trailer was about 15 minutes long, as opposed to the 2.5 minute Halo 3 teaser. I don't even classify it as trailer, it's more like dramatic way to announce Halo 3.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #13
MakgSnake

https://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...r-features.htm

Just basic info on the next halo, its pretty sweet. I am totally excited and hyped!.!
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #14
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

I'm kind of more curious to see what Bungie / Microsoft are planning to do with the wider franchise. In addition to Halo 3 there will be a Halo RTS and another game which is something to do with Peter Jackson... and then the film on top of it (which I don't hold any hope for of course). I've personally always wished that Valve would do the same with Half-Life... I suppose Portal may be a step in that direction...
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #15
MakgSnake

Brandnew news... HALO 3 beta will be downloadable on XBOX LIVE martketplace in the Spring.. SWEET! Plus with new HALO2 maps. WOW!

And on DEC 4th.... in States....atleast they are going to show 60 min HALO3 commercial during an NFL match. The same trailer will be downloadable on MARKETPLACE that monday night as well at 720p.

Plus here are some high res HALO 3 images... check em out. They are sweet...although look very much like HALO 2, still are very early at ALPHA stage...so judge.

Its at news4gamers . com.