Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:23 PM   #1
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Smile Syphon Filter Online ???

linkified =P

Quote:
Sony revealed today that they are working on an installment in the Syphon Filter series to be compatible with the PlayStation 2's network adapter. The announcement comes as part of the company's one year celebration of their hardware's existence in Korea. Check out the pic below that confirms Syphon Filter Online's development, and stick around for more breaking news.
https://www.gamesarefun.com/games/pla...m/sfonline.jpg

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:43 PM   #2
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
I thought 989 studios said that Syphon Filter would never come on Ps2, as it was a PSOne Game and they ended everything on Syphon Filter 3. And they also mentioned that Gabe Logan would star in another game made by the same team.

Neways.... things can change eh. This would be intresting. I love Syphon Filter, so yeah Online version would be awesome.
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:57 PM   #3
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
I've only played the first Syphon Filter, so I have not had a chance to play the multiplayer modes in the later versions...but online sounds like a good idea. I'm not so sure about Arc the Lad Online though; I can't really see it as a MMORPG (that is, if it will become one).
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:39 AM   #4
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSphere

I've only played the first Syphon Filter, so I have not had a chance to play the multiplayer modes in the later versions...but online sounds like a good idea. I'm not so sure about Arc the Lad Online though; I can't really see it as a MMORPG (that is, if it will become one).
heres arc the lad online,

video clip and screens.

Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:18 AM   #5
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Syhon filter online huh....I dont know, it might ruin the game, but if they use the power of the ps2, it could make it a awsome game.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #6
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Smile Syphon Filter: Omega Strain

Quote:
Thanks to Calamity of the GAF forums, we can bring you the first information on Syphon Filter: Omega Strain. The game is in-development at Sony's Bend Studio, and will be playable online for four players per "mission." The game will allow people to create their own character model from what the creators are calling a "limitless" amount of options, and gameplay will be cooperative, in a squad-based setting, as opposed to multiplayer deathmatches. There will be over 100 firearms in the game, plus additional melee weapons. Syphon Filter: Omega Strain will also be playable offline, but the developers say it will be more enjoyable with the PS2's network adapter. link

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:27 AM   #7
Zone

Zone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America recently announced it's working on a single- and multi-player online version of Syphon Filter, dubbed Syphon Filter Omega Strain, due in fall 2003. The current Game Informer features the story on its dual cover, along with SCEA's Jak II.

Developer Sony Bend (formerly Eidetic) has been slaving over the fourth, and apparently, final game in the series, which supports both broadband and dial-up online services; it is also a single-player game for those without online connections. Sony Bend is emphasizing both aspects of the game, as both play modes share the same levels, which can be approached differently when played online.

In both, the first big surprise is that players won't play as Gabriel Logan, the star of each previous iteration of Syphon Filter. Instead, they'll access a deep and detailed create-a-player mode in which they create their own character and, using strategic squad-based tactics, progress through levels. Likening the game to Phantasy Star Online's single and online player capabilities, Sony Bend's executives explained that the single player mode will be rich and rewarding, but it'll be even deeper and more rewarding for those who venture online.

Sony Bend's online technology is very flexibly, using peer-to-peer technology, which is not reliant on a server base like SOCOM: Navy Seals. The developer wants to encourage the online aspects of team play, which change the game. For instance, if you reach a blown up stairwell in single-player mode you cannot get past it. But with a teammate, you can assist the other up past it. The second player can then grab the above ledge, climb up it, and then reach his or her hand down to pull up the other player.

Omega Strain also have new moves. You can pick up bodies, carry them, and hide them. Enemy AI is equal to you in all aspects: It can climb things, has incredibly sensitive hearing, it leans around corners, and ducks beneath objects. The AI can team up and search areas too.

During skirmishes, players can interact with objects in the environment to alter the balance of power. Players can destroy power grids, knocking out lights or security cameras. An expansive realtime map, via a wireframe grid of the environment, will appear in 3D, and show you where you are in relation to opponents and allies.

While many new facets have been introduced to Omega Strain, Sony Bend has not by any means forgotten the origins of Syphon Filter, or why it was such a success. Players can still perform all of the tried-and-true moves, including the running strafe, evasive roll and headshots. The developers also have tried to blend equal amounts of stealth and straight-up action better than any of the previous Syphon Filter games.

Omega Strain boasts a powerful arsenal of more than 100 different weapons, though players will only carry a few at a time. Each weapon has its own class. Players can carry primary and secondary firearms, a melee weapon and a sidearm. You can select armor, ammo, grenade type and more. As players progress they unlock new weapons. Melee weapons include such items as knives and tasers, and if you reach a very high ranking, you'll get Gabe's classic taser.

According to GI, players can use chat functions and message one another, attach a USB keyboard, and use the USB headset for full voice recognition during the game.
Source: IGN

I'm so happy right now, I think I'm going to-

*passes out*

I need the rush
There's nowhere you can hide before you die
Why won't you face me?
I can see the fear that's in your eyes
Where will you run?
Where will you hide?
I see the blood drip from your eyes
Who will survive?
Let's get it on and we will fight!
Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #8
MakgSnake

The other day I saw the pics for Syphon Filte Online in the Game Informer Mag, and man I was BLOWN AWAY BY IT. They looked sooooooo amazing. This game is going to rock. If Xbox gets Brute Force, Ps2 gets Syphon Filter, trust me........ the graphics were really awesome. And the online gameplay would add a whole lot more into it. They showed the pics of the menus as well, and they were soo beautiful. I am going to get this game the day it comes out!
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #9
MakgSnake

The pics here....

Shot In the Head (Ours)

Classic GamePlay

There you are.!!