Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Grand Theft Auto Forum

Old Sep 29th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #1
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
San Andreas soundtrack!

The trailer has Guns + Roses' Welcome to the Jungle on it. Which can only be perfect for the mindless destruction of GTA games.

Based on the time the game is set within, and the location, what other bands or songs would you like to see in the game? Or if you're in the know, what bands/songs are in the game?

xx

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I have no idea what songs are going to be in the game...the soundtrack information hasn't been revealed at all on the official site because they want to wait til the game nears the release date.

I am not much of a music expert, so I can't say which ones I want to hear in the game, sorry.

I only hope that Lazlow and Fernando and Toni will be back as the DJs.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #3
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
infernal mass posted a bunch of song thats going to be on the game..here..

Quote:
https://www.gta-sanandreas.com/

here's the confirmed soundtrack thus far

Pop
Salt'n'Pepa - Push it
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Inner Circle - Bad Boys
KLF - 3am Eternal
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy

Rock
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
Poison - Every rose has it's Thorn
Guns'n'Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine
Smashing Pumpkins - Today

Rap
NWA - Fuck Tha Police / 100 Miles And Runnnin'
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin N'Juice / Ain't no Fun
Warren G - Regulate
Fugees - Killing me Softly
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Public Enemy - Rebel without a Pause

Indie
The Stone Roses - Fools Gold
Happy Mondays - Step On
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
Radiohead - Creep

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #4
Faile
ys.

Man, if it really does have those songs on it, it'll be a great novelty for me. I thought I'd read that rockstar had only signed Geffen Records for the music. But I may be wrong.

Quote:
Shaun Ryder .... Maccer (voice)
- imdb.com

!

Ahahaha

edit:
Quote:
"We are happy to be working with Rockstar Games on the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," said Jimmy Iovine, Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records. "I believe that the enormous effort both companies have made in putting the soundtrack together has resulted in something truly special that will be reflected in both the game and the soundtrack albums."

purr. miaow. hiss.

Last edited by Faile; Sep 30th, 2004 at 09:51 AM..
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #5
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Any updates on the music for this game? I heard Interscope were making tunes for this games.

Question, does rap music and hip hop swamp this game or is there a fair share of music like Vice city and Gta 3?
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #6
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
If that list of songs it correct then I am happy! There's not one song on there I don't like!
I hope there's gonna be some classical on there aswell, coz it was always great for jumps when they go slow-mo!

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 09:01 AM   #7
Faile
ys.

The sneak peak soundtrack player is up here now: https://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

Rage against the Machine - Killing in the Name. Too perfect for the game. Brilliant choice!

purr. miaow. hiss.
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #8
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One of the biggest questions we've gotten over the last couple of months here at IGN is "What can you tell us about the soundtrack for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas?" Unfortunately for our readers, we've had to remain completely hush-hush about it and were sworn to total secrecy. Luckily for us (and for you), however, that time of silence is now finally over, as we've finally gotten the okay from our friends at Rockstar to fill you in on the audio aspects of the year's most anticipated PlayStation 2 game.

Now we should tell you right off the bat, that San Andreas looks to expand on the strong production values of 2002's Vice City by quite a considerable margin. Boasting more than three times as many tracks as Grand Theft Auto III (let me say that again: three times as many tracks as GTA3), San Andreas features 11 fully-functional radio stations with 20 completely different DJs. The song list alone is pretty enormous with more licensed music in it than in any other action videogame in history. Ranging in styles from Rap to Rock, Country to House, and Reggae to Rock, San Andreas should have a little something for everyone -- including the always-popular talk radio programming.

Lead by Audio Designer Allan Walker and Music Producer Craig Connor, the radio aspects of the game have been given a complete technical overhaul. Instead of looping the sounds heard on each station, for instance, the entire setup is dynamic -- which allows each DJ to react to events in the game in real time. What this means is, that each and every song will be given a different introduction based on who the DJ is, as well as being prefaced with comments on CJ's progress through the game. Additionally, players can expect to hear live weather bulletins, deadly accurate news updates, music blocks, custom track lead-ins and outs, and call-ins from people all over the state.

Click For More Images

The commercials have been given a greater emphasis as well, with three times the amount found in Grand Theft Auto III. And since the whole state of San Andreas is populated with real brand names that CJ can purchase, commercials for them will be aired on a regular basis. Helmut Schein, Cluckin' Bell, and Ammu-Nation are but a few of these companies that have already paid for a considerable amount of airtime.

Perhaps the coolest aspect of radio stations, though, is the fact that each and every vehicle will play songs differently -- since every vehicle has different speakers inside them. As an example, normal cars have a more balanced sound playback while lowriders offer a huge amount of bass and low-end audio. Players will also have access to a new optional feature that allows them to adjust the sound level of their ride.

Outside of the game, fans will once again have the opportunity to purchase the soundtrack independently (Vice City did the same two years back). But to make this new soundtrack even better than the last, Rockstar has reached an agreement with Interscope Records to publish two different ways to get your hands on the music. The first is the regular edition double album that offers up key tracks for each radio station. But the second and more attractive way to get the music is via the giant box set -- an enormous package that contains eight overloaded CDs. Both versions of the soundtrack are expected to hit shelves on November 23.

But how about the radio stations themselves? What can we expect from them? Listed on the next page are all ten music stations described in detail with Rockstar's own official description included to support them:

RADIO - The Alternative
DJ - Sage
Format - Modern Rock
Station Description: Finally, there IS an alternative. The home of Modern Rock. This is a revolution. Guitars, nihilistic hedonism, and telling the elder generation to go screw themselves. Nobody has done this before. We are original thinkers. We are free. Sage leads the navel gazing; she is a remarkable talent. (Sample Track: Killing in the Name by Rage Against The Machine)

BOUNCE FM
DJ - The Funktipus
Format - Funk
Station Description: The indescribable Funktipus plays the indefinable funk. The sound that has had Los Santos partying for twenty years is now on 'The Party', on Bounce FM. The Funktipus will open your eyes to what is really happening out there. (Sample Track - Funky Worm by Ohio Players)

K-ROSE
DJ - Mary-Beth Maybell
Format - Country
Station Description: A broken heart never sounded so good. Country and Western music broadcast from Bone County across the whole state of San Andreas. All of the biggest artists, all of the best music. With the Widow Queen of the Prairie, Mary-Beth Maybell. (Sample Track - Crazy by Willie Nelson)

RADIO LOS SANTOS
DJ - Julio G
Format - West Coast Hip-Hop
Station Description: Julio G breaks the sound of the streets. This is the West Coast taking over. (Sample Track - I Don't Give a F**k by 2 Pac)

K-DST
DJ - Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith
Format - Classic Rock
Station Description: Tommy Smith, formerly with 1970s progressive rock act, Crystal Ship, has now taken up residence on the home of driving rock radio. K-DST 'The Dust' plays non-stop classic rock and roll. (Sample Track - Two Tickets to Paradise by Eddie Money)

MASTER SOUNDS 98.3
DJ - Johnny "The Love Giant" Parkinson
Format - Rare Groove
Station Description: The world's smallest giant, Johnny Parkinson, takes you on a musical, spiritual and sexual journey with a sound track of nonstop classics. The giants of soul, rare groove and just a little classic funk, hosted by the giant himself. Remember, height is not a number. (Sample Track - The Payback by James Brown)

SF-UR
DJ - Hans Oberlander
Format - House
Station Description: Quality house music, from deep in the underground, brought to you by an excitable German. This is music for people in the know. (Sample Track - Break 4 Love by Raze)

CSR 103:9
DJ - Philip "PM" Michaels
Format - New Jack Swing and Modern Soul
Station Description: Chart-topping and club friendly hits, brought to you by Philip 'PM' Michaels, entertainer. New Jack Swing and modern soul from today's hottest acts. Where soul meets preppy. Philip is also available for weddings, funerals and Bar Mitzvahs. (Sample Track - Poison by Bell Biv Devoe)

PLAYBACK
DJ - Forth Right MC
Format - Classic Hip-Hop
Station Description: The mouthiest man in hip-hop, Forth Right MC, brings real hip-hop to the left coast. East Coast sensibilities and Forth Right's unique brand of conspiracy theory lead you in a history lesson. (Sample Track - Children's Story by Slick Rick)

K-JAH RADIO WEST
DJ - Marshall Peters & Johnny Lawton
Format - Dub/Reggae
Station Description: From JA to SA. The legendary Marshall Law sound system has moved from Kingston to San Andreas, bringing with them the best in dancehall, raga, reggae and dub. It's one love as Peters and Lawton argue about everything. (Sample Track - Chase The Devil by Max Romeo & The Upsetters)

WCTR TALK RADIO
DJ - It's a secret
Format - Talk Radio
Station Description: It's a secret (Sample Track - Also a secret!)

For more on the San Andreas soundtracks, turn your attention towards Rockstar's Official Grand Theft Auto website where it's offering the first streaming audio samples taken directly from the above radio stations. We'll be back with more on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in the coming days.
-- Jeremy Dunham ign

GLAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #9
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Has any heard of South Central Cartel????

They were rappers in the early 90s with a big south central gangster theme, they are perfect for this game! (there music was used in 8 mile as the bass in freeworlds truck)

I dont want all rap, 90s era was brilliant with music, oasis, blur, R kelly, RHCP, prodigy, some very good dance tunes, etc etc (some might be too late)

Anyway the music copyright is 3 times bigger than VC I think, What more could we possibly want!
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 08:47 PM   #10
riverman

riverman is on a distinguished road
Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, thats Excellent.

Bitter Sweet Symphony came it out in '97. Are you sure thats in the game?
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 04:30 AM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
Salt'n'Pepa - Push it
Oooh! Baby, Baby! B,Baby Baby! Oooh! Baby, Baby! Push it real good! (Nur Nur Nur Nur Nur Nur, Nur Nur Nur Nur Nur etc.)

That song is a total classic. For all the wrong reasons ^^

Actually, those songs are a pretty nostalgic lot for me...
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #12
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

Billyum7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard it at gamestop.all rap i think which is good for me but not all..

I am the Grand Theft Auto GuRu

My FORUMS
Billyum7 is offline   Reply With Quote