Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 02:28 AM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Religious (My thoughts)

Just becuas eill prolly never post here gain Im gonna get some things off my chest. Mainly..religious. I am sick and tired of ppl and thier religion. Everyone who has it thinks there right when theres no possible way they can have any real proof. Face it if "Christianity was the right way to go, as much as its had to have changed sence its original form youve got it all wrong by now anyways. I figure live your life by your own set of morals and be a good person without needing the promise/reward of heaven(Whatever that is). Maybe there is a god or somehting of a higher power but the way i see it, if you cant prove it you can shove it up your ass and stop bothering ME with it. I mean really read the bible, its a scientific impossibility. Wlaking on water fitting over well over 10,000 animals in a boat and surviving a huge storm. If ppl werent brain washed by thier parents or just plain desperate for hope they would have sence enough not to be a christian. Also take a look at a little somehting called scientific research it basically disproves christianity and most other religiouns and has proof that ppl refuse to see. Face it its a FACT that the human race evolved from a certain specis of ape and its nearly a fact that our galaxie was formed in a cataclismic event that occured millions of years ago (SOmehting about ant matter vs matter and matter winning saw it on the discovery channel). ANyways my point is religioun as a wole isnt right, and it isnt wrong, so why have it
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 05:44 AM   #2
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
mog

https://www.manifestation.org/~ill/im...onkeyrobot.jpg
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 10:04 AM   #3
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
*laughs* Leave it to Kabuki...

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 10:12 AM   #4
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
that was deep kabuki, lmao

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 10:53 AM   #5
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Well, I'm not going to bother posting much to this thread just yet. I am a strong christian and i believe what's in the bible very much so. I'm not going to get into a dispute just yet, but you do hold strong to your believes and are very open with your ideas,not afraid of the debate that i'msure will develope in this thread, so i respect you for that. But anyways, i think that all of that crap you just posted is bull sh*t and i'm kinda pissed that you had to make our religion seem like such an insult to us.

Oh well, i'm sure i'll get back to this thread later, depending on what other opinions arise in this thread.

Sayonnara anata baka ama yo

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 11:02 AM   #6
Joe

Joe is on a distinguished road
Screw religion.

Just be kind to people.

I am a Catholic, and very spiritual one at that. But lately I have just been thinking about stuff like this. I mean, there are so many different religions in this world, how can we prove which one is right? So I just decided to be nice to all, and not kill or steal. That should be acceptable in all religions.

Haha.. That is one funny pic.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 12:54 PM   #7
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Ice Cold is on a distinguished road
No one religion is right, religion isn't right. What I mean is the only way to God and heaven is through his son Jesus Christ. Not through a particular Church.

I am a Baptist, but you don't have to be Baptist to be a christian. If that was so, well then it would be a cult.

Semper Fi!
Ice Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:41 PM   #8
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
as much as religion plain confuses me as to its attraction (indeed god would explode in a puff of logic) theres no real point to making this thread is there. So effectivly "I'm with Stupid" (Kabuki of course ^_^)

oh and ice cold, I think Joe was refering to all religons, not just the one-thousand and one Christian factions in this world.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 03:36 PM   #9
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Religious (Your thoughts)

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
Just becuas eill prolly never post here gain Im gonna get some things off my chest. Mainly..religious. I am sick and tired of ppl and thier religion. Everyone who has it thinks there right when theres no possible way they can have any real proof. Face it if "Christianity was the right way to go, as much as its had to have changed sence its original form youve got it all wrong by now anyways. I figure live your life by your own set of morals and be a good person without needing the promise/reward of heaven(Whatever that is). Maybe there is a god or somehting of a higher power but the way i see it, if you cant prove it you can shove it up your ass and stop bothering ME with it. I mean really read the bible, its a scientific impossibility. Wlaking on water fitting over well over 10,000 animals in a boat and surviving a huge storm. If ppl werent brain washed by thier parents or just plain desperate for hope they would have sence enough not to be a christian. Also take a look at a little somehting called scientific research it basically disproves christianity and most other religiouns and has proof that ppl refuse to see. Face it its a FACT that the human race evolved from a certain specis of ape and its nearly a fact that our galaxie was formed in a cataclismic event that occured millions of years ago (SOmehting about ant matter vs matter and matter winning saw it on the discovery channel). ANyways my point is religioun as a wole isnt right, and it isnt wrong, so why have it
All I Have To Say That I'll See U In Hell...For Sure. Aight Take Good Care Till Then. But Then Later I'd Miss You!
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:32 PM   #10
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Sid554 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Cold
No one religion is right, religion isn't right. What I mean is the only way to God and heaven is through his son Jesus Christ. Not through a particular Church.

Except only Christians believe Christ is the savior, so you're basically saying only Christianity is right. Right?
Sid554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #11
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Everybody can't be right. If they were then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Semper Fi!
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 02:24 AM   #12
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I should be slapped for all those spelling errors . That was horrible. I re read it and almost didnt understand what I said. Heh, anyways all I did was try and proove wrong somehting that cannot be proven right or wrong. Kinda stupid yes but I was bored and pi$$ed off at a certin religious figure/s that seem to be trying to recruit me into somthing I believe is a bunch of hocus pocus fairy tales. And by the way SID there do you honestly belive theres a place under ground full of fire where satan (A shape shifting Villian) is going to punish me eternally. I dont see how any educated person could belive in that if he werent tought to from the age of 1 and not even given a chance to decide. i mean lets face it Sunday school ?? A school that teaches creationism , something that even the smartest adult has trouble coming to terms with , thats OUT RIGHT Brian washing. I was just trying to find a group of religious ppl that could defend thier religion against the theory of human evolution. It is a well known yet ignorantly denied FACT that we evolved from apes(Wheres that in the bible). Adam and Eve are fairy tales (By the way Im not trying to anger anyone just communicating ideas, thats what a public message board for right. Oh and another thing I thought of, there are over well over 1,000 religiouns in this world, each one is a contradiction of itself so really the odds are greatly againts anyone who chooses one of them, actually the odds are worse than 1000 to 1 . And its obvious that the original idea of christianity has been passed down and interpritted in so many different ways that today theres no way that the christianity that so many americans live by is anything like what it was made to be in the beggining. So I live my life like this, I live by my own set of morals, be a good person, govern myself without expecting reward and when i die, if there is a god and he would send me to a place of suffering for simply not beleiveing directly in his corrosponding religious than Id prefer not to have any part of him or his "Heaven"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 03:21 AM   #13
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
I should be slapped for all those spelling errors . That was horrible. I re read it and almost didnt understand what I said. Heh, anyways all I did was try and proove wrong somehting that cannot be proven right or wrong. Kinda stupid yes but I was bored and pi$$ed off at a certin religious figure/s that seem to be trying to recruit me into somthing I believe is a bunch of hocus pocus fairy tales.
First of all I suggest you to not post only because you're bored next time. You should post only if you have something to communicate and if you're able to accept others' ideas.

Second thing: you mentioned many times that Bible and religions are made of "fairy tales". Well, you seem quite ignorant on this point. Has anybody ever told you that such things as "fairy tales" written in the Bible or in other books of the same genre are nothing but metaphores and symbols you shouldn't take literally?
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:42 AM   #14
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Thank You Fortune.

Semper Fi!
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:04 AM   #15
Lava42000

Lava42000 is on a distinguished road
First off Weapon, if anybody tried to force Christianity on you then they were not doing what "Christians" are supposed to do. I have very muCH more to say about lots of stuff, but i also have a life which means right now I am only gonna talk about evolution. I am a devout Christian, but I do not wish to force my beliefs on others, although that is one of my main goals in life; show people Christianity is a good thing. Okay, so i guess i am gonna say a little more before i get to evolution. Answer me this: Would you rather have billions and billions of people roaming the earth with their own set of morals, for some that means that they get to steal(from you if they wanted to), kill(yep, if all people had their own morals then they could come slice ur head off), rape(yes, even your sister or mother, or maybe even you~dont drop the soap~). OR would you rather have billions and billions of Christians(or at least people with Christian beliefs) running around not doing anything bad? I dont know about you but i am not too happy about what happened on September 11th, and I guarentee if Osama and his boys were Christian then it wouldnt have happened. But thats the beaty of it, Christianity is not a black and white type of thing. In theory a person that has been horrible their entire life and killed hun dreds of people can be on their deathbed, accept Christ as their true lord and savior and go to heaven. Now one of my purposes in life is to live like a christian, but my main purpose is to take as many people with me if i go to heavn. I say if because I am only 13 and have not decided who i am yet. But i am about 99 percent sure that I will be a Christian through-and-through my entire life. I have much more to say about all of that, but i am gonna get to evolution.

I have a theory. First off, there was a big bang and God started it. Now weapon lets take that crazy radical idea that there is a god and just go with it for a second. If there is a god he has been around for Billions, if not Trillions of years right? Well in Genesis(the first book of the bible if you really don't know anything about christianity) it says how God created everything in seven days. Well to God Seven days to him could be like 7 millions years to us. well how the universe formed and the earth was all god putting stuff in as his bang expanded. Then in the middle of the Sixth day the bible reads:"God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to reproduce more of its own kind. And God saw that it was good." Gen 1:25 NLT. So he sees all these animals that it took him Half a million years to create. Then he's like: "well i need some people who actually can think an all that stuff, but i won't have enough time to make them perfect; wait, that ape down there looks like a good starting poin to make my humans from!" Then he takes the ape and perfects it and spends most of the time on makeing the brain perfect and able to be just like him. Now all of this perfection took place over half a million year, or it could be, and probably is, over much much longer of a time. During this time is what we call evolution. God is all powerful and knows everything, but it was challengeing even for him to creat humans, think about how complex we are!! So he kept "evolving" the ape until he got to the perfect species of human in adam. The he needed a woman, and since he already had the perfect male right their he used a part of him to make eve. Well thats my theory and i also have tons and tons more to say about the topic of christianity but my fingers are kinda tired, so there ya go!
Lava42000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:46 AM   #16
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

That is kind of what I thought for a while..

But I still find god just crafting humans, even from an ape "mold" simple misinterpretation of man or pure folk tale.

In my mind, God was/is a guiding hand, steering evolution along for billions upon billions of years. Not just making things/people from ribs..

You are dead on about mankind not having the slightest clue about how long it took though. What God could interpret as seven days could be as many trillion years to us.

The Matrix has you.
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:19 PM   #17
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

I agree with you about Christians not FORCING their religion onto ppl.

I don't know if God had too much trouble creating man. Sorry to tell you but were aren't perfect. If Adam was the perfect batch of Gods recipe of man, then why did he stray from God and sin?

Semper Fi!
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:31 PM   #18
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Not perfect, but certainly unbelievably complex.

The human body has TRILLIONS of cells working in tandem to make it work..

And Adam strayed because man innately craves knowledge, and power.. That's the moral of the fable, I believe.

The Matrix has you.
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:39 PM   #19
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Quote:
Not perfect, but certainly unbelievably complex.

The human body has TRILLIONS of cells working in tandem to make it work..
Exactly! Now how can someone believe that it all happened by a stroke of luck?

Semper Fi!
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:59 PM   #20
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

People who rely far too heavily on logic. BUT.

There's a fine line between knowledge and fanaticism. God is not some guy in white robes who lives in the sky, wants you to go to church every sunday, forbids you to eat pork, says that only one people is his "chosen people", says that homosexuality and masturbation are both "deadly" sins, and decides that if you break a certain set of ten rules you're going straight to a firey pit of eternal torment.

Believing that everything in the universe is just a random accident is, in my opinion, ridiculous, but believing an invisible man in the sky made us all only to be cookie cutout ass kissers is just naive.

GOD exists, but RELIGION is nothing but a tool of man, used to create and exert control.

The Matrix has you.