Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old May 13th, 2003, 07:10 AM   #1
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Post Fable - E3 Press Release

Here is the new E3 press release for Fable; nothing we didn't know before, but still interesting stuff.

Title: "Fable"
Publisher: Microsoft® Game Studios
Developer: Big Blue Box
Format: DVD for the Xbox® video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Spring 2004
Price: TBD

Product Overview:
In this groundbreaking role-playing adventure game from game designer Peter Molyneux, players' every action determines their character's skills, appearance and morality. The character's life story is created from childhood to death. They can grow from an inexperienced child into the most powerful being in the world, choose the path of righteousness, or dedicate their life to evil. Muscles expand with each feat of strength; force of will increases with each work of wit. Obesity follows gluttony, skin tans with exposure to sunlight and bleaches bone-white by moonlight. Players earn scars in battle and lines of experience with age. Each person they aid, each flower they crush, each creature they slay, will change the world forever. In "Fable," gamers decide: "Who will I be?"

Features:

Forging a hero based on actions. Heroes age and evolve through the actions players choose and the paths they follow - be it for good, evil or in between. Those who ply the way of the sword will see their muscles bulge. Those who weave the dark arts will witness power crackle at their fingertips. And those who skulk in the shadows will watch their skin bleach.

Engaging in intense real-time combat. Players collect battle scars as they duel with cunning foes and deadly creatures. They can master an array of deadly weapons as they hone the art of blade-craft, hunt their quarry using subterfuge and stealth, or weave death from the elements as they harness the dark arts of the arcane.

Building a living legend. Through deeds and actions, "Fable" players build a name for their character across the land. They can recruit allies and followers, gain glory or notoriety, make friends and enemies, the whole time interacting with a living world of people, places and events all reactive to them.

Shaping and exploring a living, evolving world. Players champion or manipulate an ever-changing land with competitive and cooperative heroes, dynamic weather systems, and deformable environments teeming with cultures, creatures, citizens and cities.

Honing scores of unique skills and extras. Players master new abilities and add possessions as their character develops. They can learn to ride steeds, master the art of thievery, acquire pets, clothing or tattoos, and more.

Never playing the same game twice. Once an adventure has been completed, players can forge a new tale full of unexpected twists and turns, with new skills, powers, influences, allies and enemies.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2003, 10:18 PM   #2
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
To be honest......this game seriously sounds like that it'll blow every single RPG in the world. Just as the creators of the game are saying "The best RPG ever made". If the things in the game really going to work the way they are said to be, this game will change video games forever. Its really hard to beleive all this.... but Fable does sound like the next level of video gaming.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:16 AM   #3
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
We were lucky enough to get a demonstration of fable by the two lead developers over at Big Blue Box studios (you know, the guys making Fable ). This game is looking to be everything it is hyped to be. Some people may be less than thrilled if they are expecting some 'kill the enemy and it drops an item' type experience, but this game is bridging the gap between hardcore RPG and a game for everyone else. That is, it looks like it will satisfy everyone's needs.
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #4
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
interesting, and definatly this shows unlimited potential. However, it sounds very much like Molyneux's other project, Black & White, which expertly allowed you to choose good, evil or anything in between, only to have gameplay that wore thin within days and left you wondering what all the fuss was about... One to watch though, and Molyneux is a pure genius. And British. Not Biased me at all
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:54 AM   #5
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
This game sounds awesome!! I just seen that the new XBN has a cover story on it... If you are interested. I am just glad there are multiple xbox rpgs coming out this year... I like my xbox but there arent too many rpgs(and good ones at that) that interest me on this system... but hopefully this fiscal year proves me wrong

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:38 PM   #6
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
This game sounds awesome. Now I'm going to have to get X-box live becasue I seriously can't wait to play.
Old May 27th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #7
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Look a super RPG, from the screenshots ive seen, the graphics just blow you away, cant wait for this title, not a big fan of RPGs, but this is online aswell, I wonder how much the fee will be?
Old May 27th, 2003, 11:55 PM   #8
Krazy

Krazy is on a distinguished road
I've been waiting for this game for monthes now. Everything about it sounds killer. The only game(for xbox) I'm waiting for more than this one is Halo2(goes without saying.) My only question is, why doesn't microsoft give us titles like this on a regular basis instead of making us wait half a year?
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #9
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Another reason I had to get my X Box

I think this game is going to show us all what a TRUE RPG is.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote