Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old May 15th, 2003, 08:35 PM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Please Enter The Matrix!!!

I bought the game today in the morning...... and although I didn't have plans to see the movie today, I HAD TO, especially after playing the game.

I know it wouldn't get the best reviews but believe me when I say that this game is AMAZING. I didn't believe my eyes the stuff I could do in this game. Its WOW.

When I bought it at EB games, they had a game on TV, I tried it and couldn't let go..... cause the moves I was doing was something I had never done in a video game.

AND PLEASE do not compare it with "Max Payne"........ Max could only wish of doing stuff Niobi and Ghost do in this game. Well ofcourse Max Payne came few years ago, so its understandable but still........in this stuff you have one of the best "Hand to Hand" combat and especially in Bullet Time.

And everything you have seen in the Matrix movie, you can actually do in the game. Remember that jump Trinity makes in the first Matrix from one building to another, you can do that in the same way. Remember Neo donig a summersault and firing with one arm, you can do that too.

The graphics may not be that great, but the gameplay makes up for it (Atleast for me). The music is straight from the MOVIE, its like your in a movie. And there is soo much more you can do, I havn't reached that far so I dont know..... but this game rocks.

The only downside is the presentation (Menus, and game options) .... they are very limited and no starting video or anything. But that is because the game goes parallel to the movie.

The game is soooo fun. Plus I got "The Detective Story" Animatrix with it and The Making of the Game. Score.

Well if you people are still worried from the fact this is another bad game (And I dont care what other sites give this game in ratings) based on the movie, its not. I cannot get enough of the cool moves I am doing in this game. Oh I got it for the Xbox (Hard controls though, but I am working on it).
Old May 16th, 2003, 03:30 AM   #2
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a killer Mak
But I'm afraid I'll have to wait awhile till it hits the streets in my hometown...
But then I'm gonna check the game for sure. I'm gonna see the movie reloaded next week in the cinema so...your post gets me in the mood....thanx

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:28 AM   #3
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
ahh, souds like a good game, just like the matrix film, im dissapointed you can play Neo or trinity. (or can you?)
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:35 AM   #4
Socom

Socom is on a distinguished road
It lets me free my mind...

I bought it today from EB for PS2. It has to be one of the most entertaining games that I've played for a while now. Great footage, Music, Sound and moves. The hacking system is nutty and I'm still working on it. I still can't get enough of the cartwheel shooting move. The graphics may be poor in some places but the main character models seem to be smooth and life like. I think there is a code which you have to type in which opens a training level and a multiplayer fighting mode. I haven't used it yet but I saw it at www.gamefaqs.com. You might be able to use the original characters in those modes.

Fun game, worth the $110.

I gotta see the film too.
Socom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #5
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like another game to add to my list. It sounds awesome and if the gameplay is as good as you say I will eventually get it.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:48 PM   #6
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
My anger has really gone up today. I havent been able to see the movie. I went to blockbuster but called for first for the game. They said they had about 30 or more copies for ps2. When i got there.......it was all rented out for ps2,GC and even xbox.....*grumbles* now i have to wait a week for them to get one in.
Old May 17th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #7
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Bought It today, love it.

Cant get past the part on the rooftops with the agent (that part reminded me so much of the first movie when Trinity was running away at the start)

Oh and I bought PS2, was gonna go for Xbox but decided to stay with the PS2 version.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2003, 05:03 PM   #8
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

I bought the game after i saw the movie i just couldnt wait Some of the moves are a little hard to get down for me. but i have only been playing for about 20 mintues but this game is awsome i love it.
Old May 17th, 2003, 11:08 PM   #9
MakgSnake

I am having crazy fun with this game. I fought an agent and man that was cool....they can dodge bullets in the game (ofcourse)........

This game has its flaws too....but the gameplay makes up for it. The backgrounds are soooooo dull and plain... its scary. But then again....when the action starts....I forget about everything. Character animation is at its best. But A.I is very very dodgy.

Still an excellent game. I am at the Waterways.
Old May 18th, 2003, 10:41 AM   #10
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Argh Im stuck at the Twins Pursuit! Just got past the waterways today makg.

I need to see this movie now, that mansion was freaky, what the hell were those things? Digital Vampires?
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:00 PM   #11
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by mark0™

Argh Im stuck at the Twins Pursuit! Just got past the waterways today makg.
Cool, I havn't played it since. I think I will today. I didn't know you can fight the twins in this game as well (I knew, but still wasn't sure... as there were none of their screenshots in the game shown before).
Old May 19th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #12
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Well sadly i have already beaten the game with ghost i was so addicted its sad to see it end so soon. Now im playing as Niobe which is pretty cool so far. Oh yeah when you beat the game there is a special surprise at the end its worth it belive me
but i got my GI today and they had a review of this game. They gave it a 8.5 for ps2 and gc. i for one think thats a pretty damn good review of a movie-turned game.
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:50 PM   #13
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Id just like to start by saying god bless the Wachowski Brothers for proving that games Based on movies dont have to be half assed and suck. From the vary start I was blown away by the quality this game posseses. There hasnt come a time yet when I have not wanted to pop this game in and log in some time. Ive never had so much fun beating the hell out of people in a video game. The graphics...while a bit jumpy at times are pretty good (X Box Version). Each mission is refreshing as apposed to repetative and even the driving missions wich I expected to suck werent bad. There is a great selection of guns and using all your different moves in conjunction with your focus power makes for some excellent looking fights. The bullet time puts Maz Paynes to shame

Also..the game provides alot of insight to the movie. On top of just explaining certain things further they have over an hour of footage partaining specifically to events in the game. Theres even a pretty descent fight scene between that guy that gaurds the oricle and the cocky black guy from the meeting in the sewers. And to my suprise and delight there is a girl on girl kiss in the game between Niaobe and the hot latino chick that makes Neo Kiss her in Reloaded . Granted the scenes shot for the game are near replicas of some from Reloaded with almost the exact same diologue but still its a nice touch and shows that the W brothers put some serious time and effort into helping make the game.

I havent beaten the game quite yet , im just past the mission where U have to save Morpheus from falling off that truck on the freeway .But so far the game has been absolutely awesome. Id give it a solid 8.5 on a scale from 1 to 10

But for those of U who have done the driving missions with both Niobi and Ghost I pose a question . What's better...driving or shooting ? (Im assuming as ghost U take the gun sence Nobi is the driver if not please enlighten me)

ANNNNDDD. Whats up with the oricle tranforming into a different black woman ? Could they just not get the woman that plays the oricle to do the extra footage or was that really meant to be ? (To see this U have to beat the oricles gaurdian in the tea room level)

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #14
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

ANNNNDDD. Whats up with the oricle tranforming into a different black woman ? Could they just not get the woman that plays the oricle to do the extra footage or was that really meant to be?
I can answer that Vicious......the thing is the lady who plays the Oracle in the movie passed away after doing the scenes for the "Reloaded"...... so even in "Revolutions" you will only hear her voice. As she is not longer alive.
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:40 PM   #15
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I didnt know that...thats sad

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote