Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old Nov 25th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #21
Devil Snake

Devil Snake is on a distinguished road
Well from my point of view it was definately Ocelot....cuz he was the only bad guy who was left alive
Devil Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 02:24 AM   #22
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
i finally did it, i finished the game. this has got to be the best gaming experience i ever had. what a game, what a unbelievable game..

BEST GAME EVER !!!

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 02:30 AM   #23
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oderus
Spoiler: show
Did any of you know, That the guy talking at the end of the game where it says "Metal Gear Solid 3" was Ocelot? Or am I wrong?

yes it was him. use the spoiler tag next time, alot of people havent played the game yet. specially the Euro/PAL gamers. ok .

heres the tag, put this everytime you post something spoilerish..

VVV

[spoiler]

[/spoiler ]

Old Nov 25th, 2004, 02:45 AM   #24
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Yes, as Vic said, please use the spoilers tag in the future or at least warn your message with SPOILER or ***SPOILER*** or something close to that. ^_^

Anyway, I finished the game today...and I'm very, very, very sad to have finished it...because I want more...

The bosses in this game are superb...this is the first MGS game where I want to encounter more bosses. Ahh..this Cobra Unit is spectacular...my favorite fights are probably The End and The Boss. My favorite character is The Sorrow...he was already my favorite before I even played the game... And his voice fits him very well...

Stupid b*tch Eva...I've always hated her for some weird reason...gee, I wonder why.

Well...I'm disappointed as hell....I just want more...I'm itching for more...

I'm so pissed this game is not deserving the treatment it should. This game is definitely a 10/10, no doubts. No out of fanboyism or anything...but this game is just...perfect.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Nov 25th, 2004 at 02:49 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #25
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Great game, simply amazing. And yes
it made me cry at the end as well.

The story is scattered, so I think it'll take some time to put them into peices.

Sorry but I have to say this..

I know this game is amazing and it really did touch me from the inside, the Boss Battles blew me away and while I was playing against THE END, I know that battle would go into HISTORY of games as one of the best BOSS BATTLES, and it already has by many Websites and Magazines, neways............................... GREAT GAME and all, but still a part of me wanted to be "SOLID SNAKE" again for atleast a good 15 minutes in the game or something.

And I know meryl hates "EVA", but I think she is SOOO HOT and such a nice character, I know she betrayed Big Boss, but she herself didn't get shit in the end..................so yeah. I'll put more info on the game soon.

THIS GAME SIMPLY "RULES".
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 07:57 AM   #26
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
Just finished the game last night!
I'm quite happy... but sad it's already over. ( 16 hrs ?!? )

High point of the game? The final battle against The Boss
Loved it... perfect environment, perfect climax, perfect end.

That's good stuff.
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2004, 05:05 PM   #27
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake

Sorry but I have to say this..
GREAT GAME and all, but still a part of me wanted to be "SOLID SNAKE" again for atleast a good 15 minutes in the game or something.

seriously. not once did i even think about solid while i was playing this game. after playing the game ive grown to love big boss' character, i really find his story much more interesting than solid to be quite honest. im really looking forward to playing more of him in future mgs games. probably not going to happen though.

Old Nov 27th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #28
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
seriously. not once did i even think about solid while i was playing this game. after playing the game ive grown to love big boss' character, i really find his story much more interesting than solid to be quite honest. im really looking forward to playing more of him in future mgs games. probably not going to happen though.
Me too...somehow Big Boss seemed to have more personality or something...don't get me wrong, I still love Snake, but Big Boss is just more colorful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjij_jijQ
I'm quite happy... but sad it's already over. ( 16 hrs ?!? )
Tell me about it...*sits there rocking her knees wanting more*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
And I know meryl hates "EVA", but I think she is SOOO HOT and such a nice character, I know she betrayed Big Boss, but she herself didn't get shit in the end..................so yeah.
I respect your opinion, but I just wanted to say: Yeah and I'm sure that was Kojima's purpose too...put a hot character and everything is A-OK. I mean, what is Kojima saying? All hot and sexy characters can be forgiven for being...oh I dunno...annoying?
Big Boss lost his goddamn eye thanks to her...should've just let the b*tch die...oh and she did get something at the end...she got the film which contains the blueprints for the Shagohod...the one that Sokolov gave her. She got that and returned to China with it...so yes, she did get something.

There should be more women like The Boss, she completely rocks...she's one of my favorites, I love her so much.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Nov 27th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #29
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
The information she brought back to China was a fake though. She ultimately ended up with nothing.

I liked the character of Eva, however. At first I didn't at all but she grew to have more depth and the twists and turns of her character was really great. I liked the interactions between her and Naked Snake. The evolution of their relationship was handled much better than I thought it would be.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #30
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid
The information she brought back to China was a fake though. She ultimately ended up with nothing.
What? I thought the fake she brought back was the little chip of the Philosopher's Legacy...the one the contained the transactions of where all the money is kept. There was also the film that Sokolov gave her which is the real thing....otherwise, how can China have developed those nuclear weapons...at the very end, when the timeline was scrolling by, they said something about China being able to develop their own nuclear weapons.

Okay, maybe I got it wrong...'cause here's what I got from the whole thing (ugh, I'm tellin' you guys, my memory is terrible...)

Volgin hid the Philospher's Legacy somewhere in the vault of Grazjiny(sp?) Grad. This is why EVA was sent as a spy: to find out the location of the Philosopher's Legacy. Since at the very end, Ocelot said the item or whatever EVA took back was a fake, China doesn't have the Philosopher's Legacy, but she does have the film Sokolov gave her. I thought that since The Boss already knew EVA was a spy, she switched the Philosopher's Legacy before EVA could get it. But, Ocelot had already taken the real thing (otherwise, how could it be in his possession?) and replaced a fake one in its place. So, The Boss had taken the fake one with intention of giving it Naked Snake. So, when The Boss handed Naked Snake the PL at the end, she thought it was the real thing, but it was a fake. Then at the very end, when EVA ran off, she switched Naked Snake's PL with a fake one of her own, thinking she's got the real thing now. But it was still the fake one. Oh boy...that's what I got at least...hehehehehe...

You Can Help

Old Nov 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #31
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
* * * S P O I L E R S * * *

As I recall, at the end... Ocelot talks about only having half of the Philosopher's money, no? From what I 'think' I understood, EVA ended up with a fake film and a part of the money only...

... weird.

BTW, when you meet with The Boss at the end, it looks like she fires a rocket 'behind' you and something blows up... but what?!? ( at first, I thought she had destroyed the plane w/ EVA, but that wasn't the case )

Also, it's just a theory, but... could it be the EVA is pregnant at the end?
( After... 'wrestling' with Snake all night... it would be cool, no? )
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 05:06 PM   #32
Oderus

Oderus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qjij_jijQ
* * * S P O I L E R S * * *

As I recall, at the end... Ocelot talks about only having half of the Philosopher's money, no? From what I 'think' I understood, EVA ended up with a fake film and a part of the money only...

... weird.

BTW, when you meet with The Boss at the end, it looks like she fires a rocket 'behind' you and something blows up... but what?!? ( at first, I thought she had destroyed the plane w/ EVA, but that wasn't the case )

Also, it's just a theory, but... could it be the EVA is pregnant at the end?
( After... 'wrestling' with Snake all night... it would be cool, no? )
Ocelot said that the KGB must have the other half of the philosopher's legacy.
The Boss fires the Davy Crockett at Groznji grad.
I'm not 100% sure that anything really happened that night but it would be cool if EVA is pregnant.
Oderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:07 AM   #33
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Smile Kojima and Shinkawa interview

IGN: Do you feel that with MGS3 you are tying up all the loose ends of the story of the trilogy?

Kojima: With the gameplay, the story, and even the skills of the guys on the team who've been working on the MGS series for the past 10 years I think we've been able to wrap up the trilogy.

IGN: What kind of role will you have in the next Metal Gear game?

Kojima: (laughs) There is no actual team that is working on MGS4 right now, but now that we've pretty much finished up MGS3 and if there are a lot of fans who want a MGS4 there will be one. There's planning going on in my head, but there is no staff working on it.

IGN: So for right now what is the staff doing? Is everyone about to go on a well-deserved vacation?

Kojima: We're still working on the European version right now. We're done with the U.S., Japanese, and Korean versions, but we still have the European version so the guys are still working on the game.

IGN: Will there be any gameplay differences between the U.S. version and the European one?

Kojima: We feel sorry for the American fans, but the European fans have to wait until the very end, and so to compensate for that we're going to add a few modes and some extra features for the European version.

IGN: Will we ever see those modes and features in America?

Kojima: In the past you've seen additional versions like Integral or Substance. It could happen, but we have no plans right now.

IGN: Can you say what any of these modes might be for the European version?

Kojima:
We can't really talk about them now. One thing we can say now is that we will be adding a new difficulty level called the European Extreme. We've always added that in the past. It's a very difficult mode.

IGN: Do you feel like you've really nailed the Metal Gear Solid feeling of a game that is very fun the first time, but rewards players for playing through it multiple times?

Kojima: I always say when I come up with a new Metal Gear Solid game that it's a masterpiece, but this time I think we nailed it in terms of gameplay and in terms of volume as well because it's a big, long game. I think it is a masterpiece and Yoji Shinkawa is a critic and his evaluations can be pretty severe, but this time he thinks it's a masterpiece as well. (laughs)

IGN: That depth shows in the many different situations in the game that provide several different ways of going about solving them. I was curious as to which of these areas you feel best represents this open gameplay.

Kojima: I guess the battle with The End.

IGN: So where did the inspiration from The End come from? It's such a different boss battle from all the others that take place within much more confined spaces.

Kojima: I just wanted to come up with totally different boss battles for MGS3 such as for The End and also The Sorrow. I just wanted to do things that you don't see in other games. And one interesting thing with The End battle is that you can kill him earlier in the game. And so if you kill him there it's a boss fight that you don't have to fight. That's another thing you don't see in other games.

We've done sniping battles before as with Sniper Wolf, but you sort of know where she is so you try a few spots and you eventually get her. But this time we wanted to set it in a real jungle where you don't know where he is so you can fight for hours.

IGN: For people who have not played the demo beforehand and are coming into the game as a new experience there's a very steep learning curve. Was there a fear that that might be a turn-off for players?

Kojima:
I always had these worries, especially introducing new game systems like camouflage, the food capturing, and the cure system. The CQC is fighting so I guess you can put that aside. These things are totally new to the players and I had to think of the right timing of when to give which game system to the player in the game so that's something I had to think of.

That's why in the game you can start out by changing your camo. The first enemies you see in the game are the crocodiles, there are no human enemies. That's where you can try out your food capturing for the first time. After that there are human enemies so you can use your camo when there are humans around you. And after that you don't even get to use the cure system, you don't get any sever injuries. Only after you enter Operation Snake Eater, then you get to treat yourself when you get injured severely. That's why we lay these things out separately early in the game so that people can learn them one by one.

IGN: I loved the fact that the tools are reduced in this game and that players need to use the sonar with the AP sensor and all of that. Was this decision to go back in time to a more limited system because it was too easy for people to use the radar system before?

Kojima:
The series was turning into a radar game where you just pay attention to the radar and not use your visual senses or listening. That's what I wanted people to depend on instead of the radar so in the jungle I wanted people to listen to the grass moving or noise and so that's why I got rid of the radar.

IGN: Good decision.

Kojima:
(laughs)

Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:09 AM   #34
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

IGN: With all of the change to the gameplay, why is the camera the same system as before? Why aren't players allowed to move around within a first-person or third-person perspective this time?

Kojima:
As the game is wrapping up the trilogy, I didn't want to change that. Metal Gear Solid is about the top-view camera, the corner-view camera, and the first-person view camera. The fact that the player can switch through these three camera angles and these three angles give cinematic views and that is something that I did not want to change. Another reason is that if I brought the camera right behind the character I myself would feel 3D sick while I was testing the game. (laughs) In the next game, MGS4, you might see a change in the camera system.

IGN: Speaking of the camera, why does the camera go into a forced intrusion mode or first-person view while crawling through the grass?

Kojima:
It's the intrusion mode that you've seen before when going through ducts or when you're in a cardboard box. We did it because we wanted the player to feel fear while they're hiding in grass. They're hiding in grass, but they can't see the enemy around them so I wanted them to feel scared when doing that.

IGN: So this was intentional limitation?

Kojima: If we did bring the camera up and you saw the enemy while crawling in the grass, there's no tension in hiding from the enemy.

IGN: I have a question for both of you. Who had the input in the creation of the different characters and bosses this time around?

Shinkawa:
Mr. Kojima gave me all these key words, basically the emotions that soldiers feel in battle like The Fear, The Fury, and all those and I came up with some rough sketches. I also have an assistant, Miss Uchiyama. We came up with ideas together and presented them to Mr. Kojima.

Kojima:
I basically come up with ideas for characters that would work in the gameplay. Like a boss character that fights like this and hops around in this manner and I present them to Mr. Shinkawa. Then Shinkawa comes up with the visual look of the bosses based on the ideas and the gameplay I require from these boss characters.

For example, The Pain. I first came up with this character who controls bees and also has bees inside him and spits out bees. I tossed that to Shinkawa and Shinkawa comes up with the visuals for this guy called The Pain where he has this huge backpack on his butt so he looks like a queen bee. And then I get an idea from Shinkawa and then I add on to that what kind of guy he would be.

Shinkawa: Initially, Mr. Koima told me that these bosses were supposed to be monsters or creatures while they're humans. When I came up with my initial designs they were too "monster-y." They weren't human so I ended up changing them. In the future sometime I would like to come up with some non-human creature characters.

IGN: Especially towards the end of the game there are several cinematic action sequences. Are there any specific movies or directors that you got inspiration from for this game?

Kojima: About three years ago team members went on an overnight field trip where we stayed the night at a hotel, brainstorming to try to come up with a bunch of ideas. We do this for all our games and when we did that the movie we saw together was Predator.

And you know there's a love scene between Snake and Eva [behind the waterfall]? My inspiration for that came from the first Pink Panther film. That's something I had Shinkawa watch. It came out a little different, but that's what I wanted to do.

Shinkawa: What we always wanted to do was give the 60's flavor. That's something we always wanted throughout the game and we saw a lot of old films from that time period. We also watched real documentary footage from the Vietnam War so we could give that flavor. And also the lighting of the 60's, especially in the cutscenes.

IGN: Speaking of those cutscenes, why is The Sorrow so happy to be showing the countdown for the bomb exploding towards the end of the game?

Kojima: First of all, The Sorrow faced The Boss two years ago and he chose death and is dead and remained in that area as a ghost. Now when Snake came in he snuck on to Snake and he's basically moving around with Snake and he was able to meet The Boss again so he's really happy to be with The Boss again. That's one thing and another is that he's been floating around in that area as a ghost and now that everything's been completed he's able to move on. To not linger on as a ghost, but move on to the next world. He's happy that his soul is at peace now.

IGN: We also heard yesterday that Kojima has mentioned the possibility of making a Metal Gear solid movie. Is there anything you could say about this?

Kojima: (laughs) We don't know about that rumor. We get contacted every day, you know, "can we make a movie?" People just come up to me and say "Hi, Kojima-san, want to make a Metal Gear movie?" It happens every day.

ign

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 07:14 PM   #35
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
NOTE: This post is full of spoilers. It is addressed towards gamers that have already beaten this game, so don´t bother reading if you haven´t finished it yet. I´m too lazy to put spoiler tags in every paragraph.

This is the best PS2 game ever done. Period.

And I will not discuss my comment with anybody.

Now, did I beat it too fast, or was it too short? It took me a good 17 hours to beat it (might have been more) but I´m talking in terms of weeks, it took me 2 weeks to beat it, when it has actually taken me months to beat the previous ones. Bu I guess that doesn´t count, what coutns is the actual timer, and it was approximately as long as it took me to beat the others for the first time, too. But I don´t know, I felt this game was shorter than the others.

There´s no need for me to repeat the wonders others have mentioned about it, although I find it funny that people say it took them hours to beat The End when it took me only a few minutes to do it, I figured soon that since the guy was camouflaged, the easiest way track him down would be thorugh heat, so it basically turned into a "follow the footsteps, then snipe him" fight. Oh, and I also killed his precious parrot at the very beginning of the battle, too, I don´t know if this had anything to do with me beating him so quick. It was pretty much the same with The Boss, and it´s useless to try CQC with her, too. Even though I believe that if you time it right you can turn the tables on her, it was by luck that I tried using CQC on her while she was going to do it to me and it was I beating her to the ground, but then I tried it again later and it just didn´t work. The snow uniform, the thermal goggles and the M60 all together worked perfectly, though.

I didn´t know about the deal with tranquilizing the bosses, I thought it´d just give you a better rating at the end of the game for no-kills, for which I didn´t care.

And now I´ve gotten spoiled with the ¨Patriot¨and kill all the bosses with it.

The frogs: yeah, what the hell are they for? Every time I see one I shoot it until it stops squeaking. (well, doing this basically means to empty all of your magazines on it, but with Patriot, no prbolem) And I believe that there is one in every single area that you go to, it´s just that some are better hidden than others, but I´ve spotted plenty of them. There was no mention of them after finishing the game though... so I don´t know.

The guy talking at the end, there is no doubt that´s Ocelot. It´s funny that I got to like someone I despised.

Ah, there is so much I´d like to talk about this game, so little time to post.

As I told meryl-chan before, The Boss is the baddest female I´ve ever seen in any movie, video game, or anime. Hands down.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #36
Major Harry

Major Harry is on a distinguished road
I'm still trying to figure out where The Auscam, Flecktarn, Desert Tiger, and DPM camos are if anyone has got these items email me the locations at [email protected]
Major Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2004, 12:17 AM   #37
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Harry
I'm still trying to figure out where The Auscam, Flecktarn, Desert Tiger, and DPM camos are if anyone has got these items email me the locations at [email protected]

the only way to get them is if you buy the official mgs3 soundtrack. its only available in japan though.

Old Dec 29th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #38
Ocelot Commander

Ocelot Commander is on a distinguished road
what is para medics real name, if u recall, at the beginning on codec, she says its Jane Doe, then says she'll tell u if you make it back alive, well, i made it back alive(i dont know if one peice) and she didnt tell me, WHAT IS IT!
Ocelot Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2004, 03:15 AM   #39
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot Commander
what is para medics real name, if u recall, at the beginning on codec, she says its Jane Doe, then says she'll tell u if you make it back alive, well, i made it back alive(i dont know if one peice) and she didnt tell me, WHAT IS IT!
nope she never did tell you her real name.

Old Dec 29th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #40
Ocelot Commander

Ocelot Commander is on a distinguished road
I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT BLACK, SO DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT BEATIN IT

If you kill each boss non letheley, (Mark22), you will be awarded a special camo, ech has a unique quality, like fear, stealth, the end, his moss, the fury, fire camo, makes u invulnerable to fire, and so on.

I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT BLACK, SO DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT BEATIN IT
Ocelot Commander is offline   Reply With Quote