Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:27 AM   #1
id7fusion

id7fusion is on a distinguished road
I wanna live like Gran Turismo, but I need your opinions...

I am fortunate to have a certain amount of money set aside, and given that my "graduation gift" is almost a year and a half into payments, I can trade it in with a down payment.

I have a choice of one of the following cars:

1) Integra Type R (Doesn't have much to say for itself, considering it's a 20+ thousand car that doesn't have cruise control or a moonroof)

2) Subaru WRX
Pros - Very sweet car on interior. I think it looks great on the outside. 4 cylinder that runs 14 flat right out of the factory, and can run 12's with simple mods. Handles like a God with the right driver. The car is very quiet on freeway with windows up.
Cons - Not that fast, for a 20+ thousand car of course. Doesn't appeal to the ladies as much as the next car.

3) Honda S2000 (Yes I can afford one... Insurance on the other hand)
Pros - It's an S2000. It's a convertible. It's a rear wheel drive car that has amazing top end. It's a non aspirated four cylinder that revs up to 9000 rpm and can run high 13's straight out of the factory. It's one of the most sexiest car's in my opinion. Leather interior. Push button starter.
Cons - It's a two seater. It doesn't show any love unless you drive it like you hate it. (Kind of like it likes it rough) For a 25+ thousand dollar car, you would expect more features on the interior. Aside from the instrument panel and the seats, the interior leaves you wanting. It's not that quiet in the cabin with the top up. Parts are EXPENSIVE, so you have to love it stock, which isn't hard to do, but I can't count on running 12's unless I save up the amount it would take to buy another car.

4) Any suggestions you can give me.
id7fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:20 AM   #2
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Well, one of my mates has an I-TR, and another one has an S2000. I can't comment on the WRX cos I've never driven one or been in one.

When I drove my mates I-TR, I came out of it grinning from ear to ear - VTEC is infectious! It was great to drive.

I haven't drove my mates S2K, but when he took me for a spin in it, I came out grinning also... except that was just as a passenger - god knows what it would be like to actually drive one!

At the end of the day though, the S2K is a proper sports car - RWD and bags of power. The others are just souped up normal cars... Personally I'd go with the S2K - you only live once and it's a sports car.

Ulitmately though, what maye best is if you test drive all three and see which you prefer...

- S
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 05:26 AM   #3
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Here's My advice.....

Ok well out of your choices i would have to say that obviously the S2000 is the best but y'know i would recomend lloking into old classics...I'm a big Classic fan here's just a few of my choices...
  • 1937 Chevy
  • 1949 Buick (Bit of a fave!)
  • or The 1938 DeSoto Coupe and here is a link to a pic I found of this one......

Yeh Baby!!!

Well I dunno if these are affordable to you, but they are my choices coz you gotta love the classics!

Piggle
x x x x

p.s If not these then maybe a Corvette??

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 06:39 AM   #4
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
I think you should buy the Honda, it looks great and probably drives great.
For the second hand departemant check out an older Toyota supra, a friend has one it's a four stage automatic 3-litre turbo v6 and in the speed departemant it is a true master. The power and accelaration is unbelievable.

But IMO go for the s2000!!!

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #5
Mclaren F1

Mclaren F1 is on a distinguished road
Get the WRX hands down, yo cant beat a turbo 4 wheel drive.

**** the Integra, everyone has one, dont you wanna stand out from the crowd of ricers.

**** the S2000, its slow as hell, even with a Vortech supercharger, it only runs a 13.2 in the 1/4 mile.

Take the WRX, dont sticker it up, put soem rims and tires on it and lower it and upgrade the turbo and slap on a 75 to a 100 swhot of nitrous and no integra will be able to touch you, trust me...
Mclaren F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:39 AM   #6
Hero
Lost Hero

Hero is on a distinguished road
Good words.

Okay I've decided to go with the WRX. Here are the reasons why.

Yeah it's not as attractive as the S2000, but I can always get girls with my amazing charm.

The strong points of the WRX that won me over are:
1) Space. I always want to have the ability to carry passengers and stuff, under most circumstances, more space always is better.
2) All wheel drive power train. When it comes to auto-crossing even rear wheel drives get overthrown by all-wheel drive, and having turbo makes the possibilities endless.
3) Extra's. CD changer stock. Factory Momo steering wheel and shift knob. Factory boost gauge. Factory Momo-style seats.
4) Over-all a blast to drive.

One person said it's good to test drive all the car's first, but in all honesty, I've driven the following car's.

Non-tuned C5 Corvette 6 speed. Honda S2000. Acura Integra GSR. Civic Hatchback with GSR swap. Subaru WRX. Eclipse GT V6 manual transmission. Celica GTS 6 Speed. 98' Camaro Z28. 96' Mustang GT.

Of all those car's, the WRX was the most comfortable, and had the best stability when you mash on the throttle. The Corvette had way too much loss of traction out of the hole, as was the same with the Mustang GT and the Z28. The S2000 sounded too windy in the cabin, even with the top up. The GSR just wasn't that quick, even for a four cylinder, and the understeer of a FF car is painful. The hatchback hybrid was fast but it had worse understeer because of the weight distribution, and it was WAY too loud in the cabin. The Eclipse GT was too packed on the inside, and for a V6 I was just expecting a little more punch. The GTS was good but I'm not in the mood to pay 20 thousand dollars to run low 15's.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #7
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Does no-one like my classics? C'mon people! They're classics! What more can I say!

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:31 AM   #8
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Someone I know owns a few classics including a '64 impala with chevy v8, possibly one of the coolest cars if ever sat in( but not very practily especially were I live...but he it rules and makes heads turn when it passes by). So yeah classics rule!!!

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #9
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I know nothing about cars, but I'd probably go with the Honda S200.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 02:59 PM   #10
XxmandykissezxX
Dreaming

XxmandykissezxX is on a distinguished road
The Honda S2000 is defintely worth it!!!! My bro has the S2000....silver with red interior. Aw man, it's so sweet. . . and to comment on what you said about the noise in the cabin, sorry..but it doesn't make any really ^_^. And the Integra and Subaru don't even measure up to the Honda, so I suggest you get the S2000. Make sure you know how to drive before getting one of these puppies

https://www.misty-angel.com/pats.jpg

*drools* I'm getting one
XxmandykissezxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #11
Hero
Lost Hero

Classics are cool, but in my opinion, they're still old. I mean, I would buy a 1968 Camaro SS if I already owned all the exotic cars I want.

Look at it from a complete consumer's opinion: Why pay 25,000 dollars for a 40+ year old car?
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:47 PM   #12
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Hero

Classics are cool, but in my opinion, they're still old. I mean, I would buy a 1968 Camaro SS if I already owned all the exotic cars I want.

Look at it from a complete consumer's opinion: Why pay 25,000 dollars for a 40+ year old car?
25,000 thousand for a 40 year old car huh.Man that would be cheap.Your looking at prices 60,000 - to 100,000 for those buddy.Anyways back to the topic.I would say go with the S2000.I'm not a fan of imports by any mean but the car is neat looking.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #13
Hero
Lost Hero

You don't like the Scoobaru?

I really want the S2000, but I'm trying to hold myself back from buying a 2-seater sports car.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #14
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You don't like the Scoobaru?
Meh, we call the Impreza the Scooby Doo Impreza..
I'd go for the WRX, always liked that car, and I dont know as much about cars as some so I can't go into specific details as to why I like that car, unlike Hero

Question, In the States, Is Car Insurance mandatory? Also Do the young drivers (16-25) get totally ripped off with insurance? Because we sure as hell do here in the UK. I want to buy an old 1986 Renault GT Turbo, but the insurance per year would cost 3 times more than I would pay for the car! Sucks eh?
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #15
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

Meh, we call the Impreza the Scooby Doo Impreza..
I'd go for the WRX, always liked that car, and I dont know as much about cars as some so I can't go into specific details as to why I like that car, unlike Hero

Question, In the States, Is Car Insurance mandatory? Also Do the young drivers (16-25) get totally ripped off with insurance? Because we sure as hell do here in the UK. I want to buy an old 1986 Renault GT Turbo, but the insurance per year would cost 3 times more than I would pay for the car! Sucks eh?
About insurance cost, I hear that if you got good grades in high school then they'll lower the cost by a certain percentage but that's just what i hear and I have no idea if it's true. As far as if it's mandatory, I don't think so but I know it's better ro have it. I don't even have my learners so I don't know anymore than what I've been told.(Also, nice sig SSSnake. I only listen to some of their songs, basically what I've heard on the radio)
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 04:07 AM   #16
Hero
Lost Hero

I don't know what insurance company told you that, but they were probably lying to you. Insurance is solely based on experience on the road, and that includes accidents, time spent on road that you had a license and how many accidents were your fault. I pay about 130 a month for a motorcycle, and that's a lot because motorcycles usually don't cause much damage to the other vehicle.

I've had too many accidents that I'd like to talk about. I'm a much safer driver now, but if I don't pay off all my tickets, my license is gonna get suspended.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 11:17 AM   #17
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Told you I didn't know anything, but that's what somebody at school told me(maybe it's just for that one insureance company he was talking about).
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #18
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I don't know what insurance company told you that, but they were probably lying to you. Insurance is solely based on experience on the road, and that includes accidents, time spent on road that you had a license and how many accidents were your fault.
Well, I dunno about where you come from, but in the UK there are loads of factors besides how long you've been driving that influence your insurance premium...

Firstly, the type of car you own affects the insurance immensely. Engine size, alloy wheels, spoilers etc all affect the cost. As does whether it's a UK model or an import. Then there is where it's kept overnight (i.e. street, garage, driveway). Your annual mileage makes a difference too, and of course the number of years of no claims you have.

On top of this you have age to take into consideration, your marital status, your sex counts too. Who you work work matters also (for example, my first insurance came in at £200 cheaper than normal just cos I work for the Government).

Where you live makes a massive difference too. Having a Liverpool post code means my insurance is much higher than someone who has a North Wales postcode.

Finally, your voluntary excess can also affect your insurance premium - although not as significantly as other factors....

Yes - my insurance is due in 8 days.... Best offer so far, £490 fully comp.

- S
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #19
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Lots of those factors you mentioned also go into consideration over here. I hear gender, age, location, and record all have something to do with insurance price.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 02:53 PM   #20
XxmandykissezxX
Dreaming

XxmandykissezxX is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I don't know what insurance company told you that, but they were probably lying to you. Insurance is solely based on experience on the road, and that includes accidents, time spent on road that you had a license and how many accidents were your fault. I pay about 130 a month for a motorcycle
It also depends on where you live
XxmandykissezxX is offline   Reply With Quote