Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 6th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #1
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Pearl Jam controversy

This oughta spark some controversy:

https://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...px?news=119170

Quote:
DENVER (AP) -- Dozens of fans walked out of a Pearl Jam concert after lead singer Eddie Vedder took a mask of President Bush and impaled it on a microphone stand.

Several concertgoers booed and shouted Tuesday night for Vedder to shut up as he told the crowd he was against the war and Bush. He impaled the mask during the encore of the band's opening show of a U.S. tour.

"It was like he decapitated someone in a primal ritual and stuck their head on a stick," fan Keith Zimmerman said.

Vedder used a Bush mask in Australia and Japan to perform the song "Bushleaguer," from the band's latest album, Riot Act. The song's lyrics say, "He's not a leader, he's a Texas leaguer."

During the show, Vedder said: "Just to clarify... we support the troops."

"We're just confused on how wanting to bring them back safely all of a sudden becomes non-support," he said. "We love them. They're not the ones who make the foreign policy .... Let's hope for the best and speak our opinions."

Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.

The Dixie Chicks were the target of boycotts and bans after their lead singer made anti-Bush statements on a London stage last month.
Perhaps I'm being immature about this, but when I read that I was like "Awesome!" "Go Eddie!!!!!"

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:08 AM   #2
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearl Jam controversy

Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead
"Awesome!" "Go Eddie!!!!!"
Ditto... I Hate Bush...
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:37 AM   #3
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
I'm not even really a Fan and I was goin "Go Eddie" too.

Free speech isn't immature.

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 06:14 AM   #4
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
I've read the news too, a couple of days ago, and I was pissed at the behaviour of the audience
I agree: well done Eddie!
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #5
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I don't see a problem with what he did. If he wants to do that let him, I';m not gonna worry about it.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 04:34 PM   #6
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Bush is the man...
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #7
Darkness 4 Hire
Hero of Darkness

Darkness 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Ditto on Bush being the man!
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #8
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Hey I just thougth of this! Eddie Vedder for president! woohoo!!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:55 AM   #9
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
For real... a long time ago Vedder said he was going to leave the US if Bush was elected... too bad he didnt. Then he could say all this stuff and not have to worry about the backlash... I agree though... I kinda support the troops but i mean its not really all their fault... they are part of a greedy government still practicing manifest destiny..... Althought they did sign up for the military and it is possible to goto war so now they have to fight for their college edu.... So much for the free ride...

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 02:24 AM   #10
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Bush is a D***Head!!!

I'm sorry but he is! Yeh I want the troops back safely I also wish they would stop killing our troops!!

But back to the subject of bush, He's a complete moron and I cannot believe he is in charge of your country!
Can you argue with me.......
https://w1.236.telia.com/~u23603342/bush_1.jpg

See! Idiot! hello!! and further proof!

Is George W. Bush stupid?
Let's start with the fact that Bush's advisors won't allow him to make un-scripted appearances. Unlike presidents before him, George W. refuses to hold regularly-scheduled press conferences in which he has to answer unanticipated questions from reporters. The fact that Bush's advisors won't let the President speak for himself in public indicates that they don't think that he's smart enough.

More evidence for his lack of intelligence is his inability to adhere to the basic rules of English grammar, like keeping the same verb tense in a single sentence. George W. Bush commonly mixes the present tense with the past tense. He also mixes up singular and plural, unable to conjugate the most simple verbs in English. The most famous example is Bush's embarrasing campaign question, "Is our children learning?" The correct sentence would have been "Are our children learning?" This skill is taught in elementary school, so why can't George W. get it right?

His ignorance of the basics of history is a pretty clear example of the ways in which his little mind is just not up to the job of President. In February, for example, Bush lectured the Japanese parliament about how the United States and Japan had been allies "for a century and a half", when in fact, the US and Japan have only been allied since after World War II, which ended just over 50 years ago. You'll also remember how when he was campaigning to be President, Bush had no idea who the President of Pakistan was, even though the military coup in Pakistan had recently been front-page news. Campaigning for President and not bothering to read the newspaper sounds pretty stupid to me.

Well, he got below average grades in college and spent half of his adult life as a drunk, and some say a cocaine addict. That's a dumb thing to do, and alcohol kills brain cells, so we know he could have ended up a lot smarter than he is today. Driving drunk, which he admits to doing and has been convicted for, is definitely a stupid thing to do. Of course, his advisors tried to keep that conviction off the public record, which is also what they do with his public comments and speeches - they censor and edit them after the fact, changing the official transcripts to erase his mistakes! His advisors must think he's stupid if they have to fix what he says (it's all documented in the Washington Post - look it up if you can manage it).

He doesn't even understand how the beliefs of his own church are different from the beliefs of other churches, even though he goes to church every week! In 1994, George W said, "The Episcopal Church isvery ritualistic and it has a kind of repetition to the service. It's the same service, basically, over and over again. Different sermon, of course. The Methodist Church is lower key. We don't have the kneeling. And I'm sure there is some kind of heavy doctrinal difference as well, which I'm not sophisticated enough to explain to you." He admits he's not smart to understand how Methodist theology is different from Episcopal theology, so how can he understand the nuances of U.S. foreign policy?

Is George W. Bush dumb?
He apparently is pretty fuzzy-headed about the economy and basic mathematics. Last year, he was insisting that his tax cuts combined with increased spending would ensure the continuation of a budget surplus. To professional economists, that idea seemed to be kind of stupid. They said so, but George W. Bush dismissed their criticism. Now, it turns out that Bush has admitted that he was wrong, and that the United States will have budget deficits for the next decade because of his fuzzy math. In a show of unbelievably bull-headed inanity, George W. Bush is calling for making these damaging tax cuts permanent. Heck, during the debates, Bush admitted that he had difficulty with math that required a calculator. Is that smart?

Is George W. Bush dumb?
He said he appointed Thomas White to be Secretary of the Army because White had great business experience at Enron. Bush said he wanted Thomas White to run the Army like he ran his business. The problem is, White's former employees say that he was dishonest and helped to set up fake partnerships that eventually led to Enron's bankruptcy. White responds that he had no part in the illegal fraud because he wasn't really in touch with the operations of the division he was supposed to be in charge with. So, either White is either a criminal or grossly incompetent. When George W. Bush appointed this man to run the United States Army, it was a very stupid thing to do.

Piggle
x x x x

(p.s I dont mean to offend anyone here! apart from bush!)

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 09:20 AM   #11
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
*laughs at Piggle's post*

Well, I think everyone is free to express his opinions. If Eddie Vedder really felt like doing what he did, I'm all for it.

It's surely better than Madonna's way of acting: she did the famous "controversial" video, the video was released, and then she wanted it to be suspended. With the result that she'll only sell more records because of the whole question. That's like being pretty opportunist and not very respectful of the situation IMO.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #12
Esjay
::Viewtiful::

Esjay is on a distinguished road
*sigh*...what does one's personal intelligence have to do with their ability to act as a nation's leader? I mean, his decision to start the war with Iraq may have a bit ill concieved, but that doesn't mean he should be constantly bombared by the attacks of everyone. Sure, some of this shit is kind of funny, the jokes directed towards him and whatnot, but for ****'s sake, it's getting to the point where it's nothing but name calling and overdone parodies. Please, if you want to look mature, cease the immature display of your hate for Bush. If you really dislike him THAT much, you can at least present your opinion in a mature fashion.

The war is for the better, and don't even start about how our soldiers are dying and its sad. Maybe 20-30 of our soldiers have been killed, and that's because they're attacking another country, while I'm sure that many more Iraq Civillians have been killed, not to mention Iraqi Soldiers as well. I'm not sympethising with Iraq though, because I don't know any of these people personally, nor do I know the American soldiers, so I'm really pretty much indifferent to it all, except I DO support the war, because without it, Saddam Hussein would probably continue to oppress the Iraqi people. But please, leave Bush out of this, the war was going to ensume, regardless of his decision making skills. If we hadn't attacked Iraq when we did, they might have bombed us, and it's 9-11 all over again.
Esjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #13
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I have to disagree Esjay! A leader that doesn't give a damn about the opinion of other nations or even about the opinion of people of his own country and starts a war like Bush did is nothing else than an idiot and a madman! Nothing less than Hussein!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:28 PM   #14
Esjay

*blink*...So you're saying that for a Nation's Leader to be a good one, he has to let his citizens make his decisions for him? I don't know about you, but I'm sure that there are some people in this country who aren't exactly fit to make major decisions concerning the country's distant fate.

Also...what the hell significance do the opinions of other countries have? I mean sure, I care about the opinions of everyone, but why should everyone else's opinion be factored into the decisions that ANOTHER country makes? For a President to care about what everyone thinks of him, that would be a complete and total nightmare. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I don't think you know enough about the subject to make a complete argument against me. I do however understand that being "Anti Bush" is the popular thing to do these days, and it's quite possible that your opinion is truly yours, and that you DO know a lot about the subject you're defending, I'm just letting you know that if you don't know a whole lot about what you're talking about, you should keep quiet until you do. That's just in case though
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #15
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I'm not talking about all things mentioned, but certain things mentioned are why I would never want to run for president. I'd rather sit around testing video games and pointing out all the bugs.
(Is that sonic in Esjay's avatar?)
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 03:32 PM   #16
Esjay

Sure is buddy

Yes, that's why I think it would really suck some serious **** to be a president, especially one for a country that has such high expectations and criticisms for its leaders. *sigh*
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 05:44 PM   #17
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

New polls have shown that the majority of the US is behind our president...

and so am I
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #18
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Quote:
Originally posted by Esjay

*sigh*...what does one's personal intelligence have to do with their ability to act as a nation's leader? I mean, his decision to start the war with Iraq may have a bit ill concieved, but that doesn't mean he should be constantly bombared by the attacks of everyone. Sure, some of this shit is kind of funny, the jokes directed towards him and whatnot, but for ****'s sake, it's getting to the point where it's nothing but name calling and overdone parodies. Please, if you want to look mature, cease the immature display of your hate for Bush. If you really dislike him THAT much, you can at least present your opinion in a mature fashion.

Um.. a person's "Personal Intelligence" has everything to do with his ability to lead the most powerful nation on the planet (maybe not after his administration). The man is an idiot, who's blunders and personal immaturity are costing us allies. Every time the man speaks he makes our entire country look downright idiotic for "electing" him.
And it goes far beyond him being "just" stupid. He's a spoiled, lying, bigoted, impatient, dishonorable, self-absorbed despicable excuse for a human being.

Here's some completely factual reasons why, as well.

This man has finagled his way into the most important job in the country and spends 42% of his time ON VACATION. And the very night he SENT OUR BOYS OFF TO WAR, WHERE CIVILLIANS AND SOLDIERS ALIKE WOULD DIE IN DROVES, he was in bed, lights out, at 10. A late night for him, since he usually likes to be asleep by 9.

His spokespeople constantly (and with a great roundabout of words) blame the Clinton Administration, that left our nation PROSPEROUS AND PEACEFUL for at least half of the problems currently facing our country.

He waited over a week to condemn Trent Lott's statement that "The nation would have been better off if they'd gone with the Segregationalist ticket in '48". And nearly two weeks to make public the news that North Korea's nuclear program was alive and well and making more bombs.

He REFUSED to speak in Europe when he wasn't GARAUNTEED a standing ovation by the crowd.

His extremely redundant Homeland Security department is syphoning more money from Social Security, and stripping the civil liberties from United States citizens slowly but surely. Just take a look at Patriot Act II, or CAPPS II. Or how about just pondering the fact that we already have a NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY that would have done a lot better than this new department with more funding, and would have done so without the huge Orwellian organization threatening to end freedom as we know it.

His office spent over 250,000 dollars to investigate deprecations to the white house over Clinton's administration over 8 years totalling no more than 14,000 dollars by themselves.

He WAVED to Stevie Wonder.

v Done during ONE trip to Asia.

From a South Korean bunker, he looked at the menace to the.... WEST. A US army officer had to direct him toward Lil' Kim's domain.

He then glared at the enemy to the north, raised the binoculars to his eyes... lowered them.. and took the lens caps off.

He made frequent references to the Korean "Pennin-schoola".

He was quoted as saying "No wonder I think they're evil." after hearing the story of two US soldiers killed in the DMZ.

^ End trip to Asia

He was arrested once for a DWI.

He was arrested again for Larceny. (Stealing a CHRISTMAS TREE. Seriously.)

He was sentenced to a year of community service in Huston for something that is still as-yet-undisclosed-to-the-public.

He DESERTED service from the Air National Gaurd during Vietnam, ditching the last year and a half of his duty.

This was after answering a question asking him why he thought the Air National Gaurd was for him with "I think they sensed I would be one of the great pilots of all time."

He bought his way into business schools with family influence and Gentlemen's Grades (the reason he got C's instead of F's is so that the school's GPA wasn't lowered too drastically. This is known as giving someone a gentleman's grade).

Bought his way in with a cumulative SAT score of 600, by the way.

Using degrees from these prestigious schools he ran three businesses, all of which failed, LOSING a combined total of 371 MILLION dollars, while amassing a 15 million dollar personal fortune for himself.

He attacked Larry King in the South Carolina debate because he thought King was a republican challenger.

Nu-q-lar. ..NU-Q-LAR!!

He calls Greeks "Grecians", Kosovars "Kosovarians", etcetera, etcetera.

He retains DAN QUAYLE as one of his advisors.

The economy is in SHAMBLES under his "administration", while he's given a 1.5 TRILLION DOLLAR tax cut to the upper class, and plans on giving another.

He "shunned" germany's elected leaders when invited to a celebration because an aide compared his domestic tactics to those of Hitler. Here's a quote, you can be the judge on this.

"Of course the people don't want war... That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
-- Hermann Goering, Nuremburg Trials

He recently said that GOD MADE HIM PRESIDENT!

He hasn't caught the ORIGINAL Osama yet, and he's breeding a hundred more with the illegal war he is conducting in Iraq.

He's dragged the country into this war, marred our political peacekeeping influence, cost us a further 70 billion we can't afford, and gotten hundreds of civillians and scores of soldiers alike killed just so far, while not getting any kind of UN sanctions and using slush funds to buy member states of the "coalition of the willing".

And last, but certainly not least, he WASN'T DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED.

This list isn't even COMPREHENSIVE. It's maybe half to a quarter of the **** he's actually done to humiliate this country or otherwise **** it up while in office. The Rally effect of Americans at War does not represent approval of the MAN in the OFFICE. And unless he keeps us at a state of perpetual war (which I wouldn't put past him), the public will again become overwhelmingly aware of his incompetence in time for 2004. Thank whatever powers for that.

The Matrix has you.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 04:11 PM   #19
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Heh heh...good ol Thornn
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:33 PM   #20
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

*chuckles* Sorry, but seriously. That guy just really gets my blood up.

The Matrix has you.