Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #421
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Yeah we were talking about that aliens game over at psxe last week lotta peeps decided against it. Im close to being done with dead space 3 and will resume with darksiders 2 soon after. Gonna probably be checking out crysis 3 also very soon. Although I havent co-op 'd yet on the ps3 my initial observations are the 360 is more user friendly on that end. As time and opportunity permits a deeper determination will be made.
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #422
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman View Post
Its been a long time since i was into fighting games, although at one time i really enjoyed them sf2 in particular and i liked tekken quite a bit. With co-op and online play options so much more available, though, i expect a revisit may well be in order. Being a gamefly member i may indeed check out a fighting game again. And from what ive heard of that particular personna game its quite good. I myself dont have a vita, but know many who do... im enjoying Dead Space 3 atm!!!
Persona Golden Abyss is for the vita. That's that remake. Persona Arena is on the ps3 and xbox 360.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #423
goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
Persona Golden Abyss is for the vita. That's that remake. Persona Arena is on the ps3 and xbox 360.
Ah amazingly ive never played a personna game amidst the myriad rpg's ive encountered.

Last edited by goodman; Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:20 PM..
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #424
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman View Post
Ah amazingly ive never played a personna game amidst the myriad rpg's ive encountered.
Ah I see. I have Persona 3 & 4, but I've yet to play them.

Don't be mistaken, though. Persona 4 Arena is a fighting game done by the same folks that did Guilty Gear. Persona 4 Golden (Golden Abyss...? I think Uncharted was in my head) is the remake of Persona 4 on the vita. Sorry for the mix-up.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #425
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
Ah I see. I have Persona 3 & 4, but I've yet to play them.

Don't be mistaken, though. Persona 4 Arena is a fighting game done by the same folks that did Guilty Gear. Persona 4 Golden (Golden Abyss...? I think Uncharted was in my head) is the remake of Persona 4 on the vita. Sorry for the mix-up.
Persona 4 is really, really good. It has to be the last great hurrah game the PS2 got. Games like that reminded me why I played so many JRPG's last console generation.

I did everything I needed to do in Aliens so I'm trading that in as soon as possible, such an awful game. At the moment I'm going through both Sniper Elite V2 and Fist of The North Star: Ken's Rage.

Sniper Elite is a lot of fun and is a definite play, more so if you do enjoy sniping in other shooters. It has realistic bullet drop and wind is a factor on the higher difficulties, it's not just aim at head at any distance and get a shot like standard shooters. An X-Ray cam (that is really, really gruesome at times depending on where you hit a guy) adds flair to the game and tons of "Oh man!" moments to the game. Shooting a guy and having the bullet travel through his chest, only to exit out his back while severing the spine never stops being the gruesome sight it is.

Ken's Rage is made by Koei, so it's pretty much Dynasty Warriors in terms of how it plays. I've always had a soft spot for the Warriors games, despite how repetitive and little they change. Games like this are good to play for a few mindless hours or to play concurrent with other games. I also do enjoy the Fist of The North Star series so it is pretty fun to roll through town making dudes explode while Kenshiro spouts the deadly serious dialogue that he always does.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #426
goodman

Cool I think i own personna 3 although its never been played. Personna golden is getting positive vibes over at psxe. Finished dead space 3 recently and have crysis 3 for either xbox or ps3 up in my queue next for rent have heard its good. Bioshock infinite in 4 weeks! Be there!
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 07:57 PM   #427
Phenom

I finally managed to pull myself away from Street Fighter X Tekken for a little bit to enjoy Mass Effect 1. I've played and beaten ME1 at least 3 times now. As much as a technical hiccup it is I still enjoy the game even though ME2 is clearly better. I just got Liara in the crew. Playing as female Shepard, and she's a soldier.

That said, I am back to playing SFxT though. Practicing some Jin combos.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #428
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Mass Effect is something I've been meaning to finish, but I've been "playing" the first one off/on for the last three years...:p

I'll always pick the sequels when they get cheap (got ME2 for $10 and ME3 for $15) but man, it seems so daunting to try and go back to it. I'd start over, but I think I'm too far into ME1 to even consider that.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #429
goodman

Good to see you around, Dragon!!!! We have actually taken on the image of a semi-active forum again so be sure and re-visit soon! As for me, ive been absolutely loving Darksiders 2!!! Highly recommended, its one of my favs of this generation and the single player experience. Im highly anticipating the release of Bioshock Infinite and i started a thread over at Psxextreme to get the hype going!!! I had been renting mostly but am buying this game i dont plan on stopping playing it anytime soon!!! Hang out and lets keep this ball rolling!!!
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #430
Phenom

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
I haven't gotten deep into the game yet, and I'm still getting used to the controls, but I'm enjoying this game. The better I get at this game the more hooked I become because the combat just feel so good. If there's a story I don't know about it because I haven't been paying attention to it. A lot of games these days are lacking in the fun department, and lacking the replay value that I look for. I feel MGR:R brought me out of my funk simply because of how fun and satisfying it is. I'm hearing it's a short game, but that gives me even more fuel to replay the game on a higher difficulty, especially since you actually unlock meaningful stuff for beating the game on higher difficulties (I'd much rather unlock costumes than pay for them)

I also took someone's advice and ordered DmC: Devil May Cry. I'm expecting it to arrive between today and tomorrow. I don't expect to have his reactions and claim it's the best in the series, but I do expect to have fun and feel satisfied. The combat looks like it'll have that satisfying feel to it, especially after a long day at work. I also hear that this game is fairly short, but again, that's giving me a reason to replay the game.

I'm also trading in a buttload of games (pretty much doing an overhaul in a way). I'm keeping the Metal Gears, Uncharteds, Mass Effects, Halos, Devil May Crys, Ninja Gaidens, and my fighters, but everything else is gone. Not exactly sure what I'll be getting in return.
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #431
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
Picked up Infamous 2. So far she seems like as solid title.

and of course Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM   #432
goodman

Finally made it through darksiders 2! Wow what a big game its not the short borderline rental games we see so much of nowadays. Very fun though and never lacking for challenge! Im going to download the soundtrack today its very good. Getting ready for bioshock infinite this tuesday gonna check out uncharted 3 for a few days in the interim.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:30 AM   #433
goodman

Uncharted 3 is a blast and I will get back around to it after bioshock infinite!
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 03:16 AM   #434
Phenom

I really need to start playing the Uncharted series, or at least Uncharted 2 and 3, but I can never get in the mood to actually play them.

In any case, I've started up DmC: Devil May Cry recently and it's not nearly as bad as fans make it out to be, but it's not as great as some review sites make it out to be either. To be honest, as big a DMC fan I am, my initial reaction when the game was first shown was definitely more on the negative side because of the look. The head guy at NT made Dante resemble himself, and that was a turnoff, but I got over that fairly quick when they changed him up. Anyway, the combat is nice, but they kinda dropped the ball without having a lock-on, and then to top it off you're forced to fight the enemies with a specific type of weapon, and while that's not a deal breaker for me, it does take away the freedom for playing the way you want. With that being said, though, it's still a good game.

With that being said I did put it aside to play Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Having a bit of a team crisis at the moment, but I am understanding the game a bit more. Originally I thought the game was super fast, but in the end you really have to take your time. And then the game is just pure fun. Some of the characters I've been dabbling with are Dante (he's just pure fun and my favorite character in the game), Wolverine, Vergil (did I mention how big a fan I am of DMC, but he is on the boring side though), Hawkeye, Spencer, Nova, Taskmaster, and Magneto. I'm also considering Strider as well.

Oh yeah, I also beat Metal Gear Rising: Revegeance as well. It's a good game with tons of replay value, but there are some things that could've been left out. Stealth in this game is just in the way. They have moments in the game where they tell you stealth is the best approach, but the game itself just encourages you to throw stealth out the window and go nuts. I don't recall you being graded on stealth either. It felt horribly tacked on. Speaking of tacked on, the sub weapons. I found no reason to use them what-so-friggin-ever. They really could've been used to include more blades to upgrade or something. But overall, it's a good game.

Some quick pickups.

Dragon Age 2
Infamous 1 & 2
Prototype 1 & 2

I'm also thinking about picking up the Bioshock series.

Last edited by Phenom; Mar 31st, 2013 at 03:18 AM..