Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 03:14 PM   #21
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Yeah Frozen's right. Those little voice parts doing the battle system wasn't so bad. Especially with Auron when he'd take the katana off of his shoulder and sluggishly ram it through the enemey with ease while saying "Farewell..."

Real Badass
Old Oct 21st, 2002, 04:24 PM   #22
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
to FFX's credit, those "one-liners" were probably the best acted in the whole game. But then, it doesn't take much (and why were the best actors by far, NOT the main characters? duh?!)
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2002, 08:58 PM   #23
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
In Japan, Square has announced Final Fantasy X2, the first-ever Square role-playing game to directly extend the setting and characters of an earlier game. Earlier this year, Square revealed plans for two Final Fantasy X spin-offs, one focused on the FFX characters Yuna and Rikku. Early reports suggest that both characters are in Final Fantasy X2, although the game clearly focuses on Yuna, who sports a new look that suggests a role unlike that in FFX, where she was a young priestess.
Final Fantasy X2 is scheduled for release in Japan early next spring. While Square has confirmed US plans for the game, there's no word on when the game will be released in North America. We'll have more on the game soon.

-gamespot
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2002, 10:14 PM   #24
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Wonder if Square will ever get back to creating other games that may attract my attention someday? For my sake, i hope so....
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:55 AM   #25
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by goodman
Wonder if Square will ever get back to creating other games that may attract my attention someday? For my sake, i hope so....
The new "sequel" for the Chrono series, perhaps? Or maybe a new Parasite Eve kind of game.

I still stand firmly and always will, to my thought that they should do a remake for each FF (from 1 to 7) (or at least the best ones from those), but with FF X's graphics, battle system, and all of it's awsome feauteres, but correcting it's flaws such as the lack of airship and it's "linearity"

Quote:
Especially with Auron when he'd take the katana off of his shoulder and sluggishly ram it through the enemey with ease while saying "Farewell..."

Real Badass
Yes, real badass. I can never get tired of listening to say that. I just wish he had more comments so he would be even more badass than he already is.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:46 AM   #26
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
FFX-2 doesn't seem interesting IMO. I mean, with Yuna looking very un-Yuna-ish (I mean, c'mon! In FFX, she was all like this innocent, "everyone's good" sorta girl and here, she's all geared up and ready to kick ass?) and the whole guns thing...
Ah, but knowing me, I'll still give it a try and see how it is.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:09 PM   #27
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that really does not look like the Yuna we all know, at all.

Quote:
Final Fantasy I and II, PSone, October 31st 2002
And probably that's just going to be a lazy remake like the one they did before with Final Fantasy Anthology. MEDIOCRITY. ;_;

Quote:
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, PS2, December 26th 2002
Final Mix? What does that mean? An extended version of the current Kingdom Hearts, or, a sequel?

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2002, 02:45 PM   #28
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
And probably that's just going to be a lazy remake like the one they did before with Final Fantasy Anthology. MEDIOCRITY. ;_;
in one way... yes. In another nope.
This version is most likely, a lazy remake of a remake. The Wonderswan Color (a GBA-like handheld console only available in Japan) got exclusive remakes of FF 1,2 and 4, which featured FF6 quality graphics (or as close to that as a mini screen can make), which is pretty good when considering that the first of those two had NES graphics, before the remake.

The Playstation versions seem to be doing the classic rip-off drill. The confirmed difference are the FMVs that have been added, though I would expect the Graphics to tweaked a little if only to improve the resolution a bit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
Final Mix? What does that mean? An extended version of the current Kingdom Hearts, or, a sequel?
put simply, its the US version: Japan never got some of the extra enemies (eg. Sephiroth) or the English voice acting. The US version of KH just lacks the Japanese Voices, and also a special preview of FFX-2.

So its basically just the same deal as FFVII International or FFX International.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2002, 12:17 AM   #29
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

The best thing FFX had going for it was graphics. Compared to 7, 8, & 9......it falls flat on its face. Why....of all the FF's out there did they go with X to make a sequel......*grumbles*
'Cause this one had the suckiest ending and I guess the people at Square didn't want to leave it on a sour note with the fans..? O_o

Quote:
Originally posted by Mourdor

I thought 10, not 9 was getting the sequel?
My sentiments exactly. 10, in all it's over linear gameplay and at times poorly acted dialouge, was still superior to IX. :rolleyes: That's a blemish in my eyes on the series.. along with most likely this sequel thing. Sub-par story and ridiculous character designs compared to the other FF's (..plus I really.. REALLY hate SuperDeformed stuff, unless it's brief and funny).

I defer to VIII as the best Final Fantasy, Gameplay and story-wise. Though it's kind of wrapped up in a nice neat package so there isn't much room I can see for a sequel.

Though there's plenty for a REMAKE. I think Square should be doing remakes of the PSOne Final Fantasy games instead of doing this game-shifting tradition-breaking sequel crap.

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2002, 05:02 PM   #30
Everquest3.0

Everquest3.0 is on a distinguished road
I just seen it in my ps mag today.Just the long wait because its not till fall 2003.Oh Yuna is so fine, I am makn a sig of her boy.Wish I had a scanner to scan her pic from the mag.
Everquest3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #31
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Everquest3.0
Oh Yuna is so fine, I am makn a sig of her boy.Wish I had a scanner to scan her pic from the mag.
Square has announced that her name will now be Yunilicious for the upcomming sequel.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2002, 12:26 AM   #32
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
Yevon Raider: Yuna Croft

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:57 AM   #33
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
This has happened for the first time eh, that a Final Fantasy (Specific Story) gets a sequal. Nice.

Although I haven't bought or even tried the first, for some weird reason, I am intrested in this one. This is going to be HUGE!!!
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 02:45 PM   #34
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake
This has happened for the first time eh, that a Final Fantasy (Specific Story) gets a sequal. Nice.

Although I haven't bought or even tried the first, for some weird reason, I am intrested in this one. This is going to be HUGE!!!
It would be better for you to try the first one and then eventually get interested in the sequel.

BTW, I don't like the idea of a sequel much. I hope Square people finally stop on repeating themselves, because this way of making new games is starting to be irritating...
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:00 PM   #35
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by Rei

It would be better for you to try the first one and then eventually get interested in the sequel.

BTW, I don't like the idea of a sequel much. I hope Square people finally stop on repeating themselves, because this way of making new games is starting to be irritating...
No, my intrest isn't in the story line or anything, but with the all the hype. We never saw anything like this before.

As for the idea, I think FFX did quite well at the sales department, and people who loved Yuna or even any other characters, they'd be more then happy to see this.
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:19 PM   #36
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
The thing I hate the most in the world of videogames (and the same goes for the world of movies) is the exploitation of every successful idea. This often happens when the creators of a story decide to m ake sequels out of their creations. That's something I've always hated. This new FF game is no exception. To me, this means ruining the original atmosphere and the original intentions of the first game just to please the average player who only looks for seriality and repetition of the same cliches. These fans (using in this case the word "fan" exactly with the intention of meaning FANATICS) don't mind if the game they're going to buy will be crappy or not, or if it will be loyal to the ideas that made the previous game: they only want to see their heroes in it, not minding the things that made their heroes great were tied to a particular single game, and not to a trademark. It's not a surprise, it's always like this for anything else. It's the spirit of marketing. But I can't say I'm glad or satisfied.
I can only think of a couple of games with decent sequels and the same goes for movies, but in these cases, which I won't mention here because it has nothing to do with FF, the sequel was absolutely necessary for the whole project. We can say the sequel was born at the same time of the prequel and the spirit of the original was not lost or ruined for this reason. In other few cases, the sequel is not a real sequel, but a completely new creation only with the same name (as it happened for the previous FF games too).
Neither of these examples is FFX 2 though.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:25 PM   #37
goodman

I think its neat that some people believe, along with me, that Square has lost some of their creativity. And that is why they would be doing a sequel of FFX, which, not only IMO, but of some others here, wasnt that great of a game. Ive put about 20 hours into FFX and havent been impressed. So the likelihood that FFX2 would be played on my game system isnt very high. I will say that i love FFX's music, which ive had the 4 cd set for some time. So one way or any Square will get some of my dough just through buying their soundtracks, which often are as expensive as the game.
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:14 PM   #38
MakgSnake

I love sequals, any sequal. Its always good to see the next chapter, and if they turn out to be bad, not because they didn't work hard on it, but because its hard to beat the best (which was the first part).

I am always looking for sequals to anything. I simply love them. And I dont think square is trying to be NON creative here. They are doing a favour to the FFX fans. (Not only hardcore ones). I am sure every single RPG player would play FFX2 for sure. Trust me.
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:25 PM   #39
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Well, if you say so, it must be like that for you. But again, not any sequels are decent, most of them are just terrible, and the greatest part of them are not a favour done to fans, but ony a quick way to earn more using twice (or more) the same idea. This means cutting down expenses and time that could be used for the making of a new game. The advantage is 100% of the developers, because they know the greatest part of fans are not so critical towards this kind of projects and they'll surely buy the sequel even if it's not that good.
I wouldn't call it "creativity" but knowledge of marketing laws.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:25 PM   #40
goodman

Square has become a very average company as of late. The need for them to continue to rehash the Final Fantasy series continually suggest that they are running out of ideas. Ive mentioned and will continue to go on record that Square dearly needs to recreate older, well received series, and create new, fresh, ideas for new series or just one time games. I expect over time they will go back to that formula and we will again see great Square games. As i have also mentioned before, i sure hope they do for my sake, so i will feel a desire to play one of their games again.