Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #1
xtreemgmr84

xtreemgmr84 is on a distinguished road
Which racing games do you plan to get this year and why?

I’ve been looking into some of the racing games coming out this year and I’ve started developing a list of ‘must-have’ racing game picks.

1. NFSU (https://www.needforspeed.com/) ~ hope it has the cops-vs-criminal multiplayer mode again.
2. R.Racing Evolution (https://www.racing-evolution.com/ ) ~ there are some new features in this one that I’ve wanted to see in a racing game for a long time, such as improved A.I. and in-game radio communications with the pit crew and rival drivers.
3. Mario Kart: Double Dash (https://www.planetnintendo.com/mariokart/) ~ my friend and I used to play Mario Kart on Nintendo 64 for hours on end. Even if the new one is simply improved graphics, that’s reason enough for me to waste another month of my life playing it.

So, those are a few of my choices and the list is building. Which racers do you have your eye on?
xtreemgmr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 06:06 AM   #2
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
I've kinda lost my interest in racing games over the time, but one to look out for IMO will be GT4. There were some screens on here some time ago and they look marvelous.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 06:29 PM   #3
xtreemgmr84

xtreemgmr84 is on a distinguished road
I would have had GT4 on my list, but I got really frustrated with trying to control the cars in GT3 so I'm a little hesitant to get the next one. (that's code for "it was just too hard for me"!) No, seriously though, I just had other racing games that were more fun for me at the time, like MC, MK, etc. I would highly recommend any of the three I have listed. R: Racing Evolution is of particular interest, not just because of the spectacular graphics and visuals, but because of the advanced A.I. of the opposing drivers and the in-game radio communications with your pit crew. I can't think of another racing game with the option to communicate with the pit crew during the race. As for the advanced driver A.I., we'll just have to wait and see how it compares to games like GT3 & 4. Not to mention the fact that it also incorporates something that I always thought was missing from racing games in general.... hot chicks driving the cars!

https://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/gcRacingrev3.jpg
xtreemgmr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:07 AM   #4
(-RyDeR-)

(-RyDeR-) is on a distinguished road
I'm proberly guna get need 4 speed 2
(-RyDeR-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 11:18 PM   #5
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
GT4, no doubt. I am about to purchase the sexy $150 racing wheel for my PS2 just for this game. Too bad it isnt online.

I am not into all these little street racing games. The racing is far too easy and unrealistic (although juiced has caught my attention). Also I dont care about that bodykit crap and stickers, the real power comes from whats under the hood, not what the car looks like. I play GT3 without no aids at all so yea, I am kind of a hardcore racing game fan. =P

I really hope that in GT4 the A.I. is revamped. In GT3 all they did was follow a set path, real boring. But man... it is a huge dissapointment that GT4 wasnt online... I was hoping to test my skills against others around the world. Also a cockpit view would be nice... I would love to have that witht he right analog stick having you look around inside the car. That is my main gripe with most racing games... no cockpit view, just a view that strangely puts you in between the front two tires.
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 04:01 PM   #6
baumer

baumer is on a distinguished road
mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara
I really hope that in GT4 the A.I. is revamped. In GT3 all they did was follow a set path, real boring. But man... it is a huge dissapointment that GT4 wasnt online... I was hoping to test my skills against others around the world. Also a cockpit view would be nice... I would love to have that witht he right analog stick having you look around inside the car. That is my main gripe with most racing games... no cockpit view, just a view that strangely puts you in between the front two tires.
You couldn't have said it better. And for those who whine that GT3's steering is too hard (not just the users on the forum, but including Adam Sessler from X-Play on G4-TechTV, who also said the controls were too hard) you are just too babied by the crappy physics in candy coated street racer games that don't get down into the nitty gritty as well as GT does.

Info on GT4 that I heard from the guy at my local Game Crazy station in Hollywood Video (it's a used and new games store that is housed within Hollywood Video a movie rental store for you guys who don't know) was that GT4 was gonna be as large as GT2 was, and that the only reason GT3 was so much smaller than GT2 was because they were cramming their code into the graphics because it was packaged with the PS2 when it came out and Sony wanted to show the world what all the PS2 could do. That isn't to mention the fact that the game developers weren't as experienced with the PS2 as they were the PS1 in which they could cram more into the game with the same space whithout making the game suffer. The guy said that GT4 should be able to mix both game size and graphics advancements. I've got my fingers crossed!

Last edited by baumer; Oct 8th, 2004 at 04:02 PM..
baumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 03:19 PM   #7
PS2FG

PS2FG is on a distinguished road
Definitely GT4!! I think the Gran Turismo series for PS & PS2 are like the best racing games ever for home system. When I saw GT4 preview on some magazine, I was pretty amazed with the graphics. The graphics are awesome. I'm sure the control would just be as great like the rest of the GT games. This is definitely a must game to have for an automotive enthusiast like myself.
PS2FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #8
Billyum7
GTA GuRu

Billyum7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i want NFSU2 and on feb 16 for bday im definitly gettin midnight club racing dub edition.

I am the Grand Theft Auto GuRu

My FORUMS
Billyum7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #9
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
I'll probably get MC3, but I'm not a huge street racing fan. The one thing I like about MC2 is you can free roam. My 5 year old son loves it, and it's good practice for him for future racing games. No offense to any street racing fans, there's still alot of effort involved in the racing part of the game, but the free roam part is pretty cool too.

Also, GT4 is definitely on my radar, but without online play it kinda loses some luster. Assuming they actually add online play to it at some point, it could possibly be the best racing game we've ever seen.

This will be alot later in the year, but I'm hoping EA gets it's act together with the NASCAR series. NASCAR 2005 was a big disappointment and I hope they get it right this year. Seems to me NT2003 was almost great and NT2004 was really good.. seems like EA is going downhill with NASCAR. I hope it starts going uphill with this year's version.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 01:37 AM   #10
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
I'll check into ATV vs MX Unleashed before I go out and spend coin on it, been burnt to often lately (NASCAR 2005 and ATV3) to not show some restraint.

GT4 is a maybe, without online play I've lost some desire, the game itself I know will be awesome, but I'm really into the online racin now, my big questions are "How Much Extra Will Online Cost" and how and when will we be given the online feature.

Not into street racin games, most that I've seen don't look realistic and I don't like the night time scenarios, why can't street racin be done durin the day?
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote