Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 12:10 AM   #21
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
So serious about this. Why can't we all just get along?

This is just all about opinions. No one can have a wrong opinion on something, it's their own personal views on the subject in question. So don't you all get your panties in a bunch over this! M'kay now?!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 12:40 AM   #22
AsylumEscapee

AsylumEscapee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gadzoox
So serious about this. Why can't we all just get along?

This is just all about opinions. No one can have a wrong opinion on something, it's their own personal views on the subject in question. So don't you all get your panties in a bunch over this! M'kay now?!

*Shuts up*
AsylumEscapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM   #23
007_JamesBond
Angel of Darkness

007_JamesBond is on a distinguished road
fine then lets start over, Asylum why dont you think that humans have instinct?

victory comes to those who want it the most

i am only mearly surviving
007_JamesBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:43 PM   #24
AsylumEscapee

Oh, forget it.
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:47 PM   #25
007_JamesBond
Angel of Darkness

007_JamesBond is on a distinguished road
No I would like to hear what you think about that matter, hands down no tricks, you would make a good lawyer from what I have heard so far, lol. come on

victory comes to those who want it the most

i am only mearly surviving
007_JamesBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:28 PM   #26
AsylumEscapee

Then go back and re-read it.

Basically I'm saying that you can't compare instincts to intelligence because instincts are unalterable tendencies that don't involve reason.

What you call an instinct is just a first reaction, a thought. It's not an instinct. And trusting your first thought without giving it proper... well... thought, is just plain dumb. The very few instincts that humans DO have are very basic and unalterable.

So you and everyone who posted that they either trust their instincts or given facts is wrong.
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:51 PM   #27
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
We have very strong instinctive qualitiesa that most of us don't even realize. Take for example, one of the most basic of basic, flight of fight reactions. When an animal is in danger, dependingon if it's an aggressive of defensive animal will show various changes in there body when in danger. A deer, or a rabbit will get a strong addrenilin rush, there hearing and eye sight will become very intence, and the muscles in their legs will tense up in preperation for excape. While an animal such as a hear will get an astonishingly large amount of energy simply for a few minutes in order for them to survive.

We have these very same characteristics. It also is a reason for stress and uncontrolable testosterone reflexes. When we are in a bind,or something wiyth our job, school, or anything that leaves us anxious or tense will send messages to our brain saying that we are in danger, with is really nothing more than stress. But because of this, we begin to hear everything around us more intensly, and also our sight is magnified as well. Our arms and legs tense up, and we become more aggresive to others around us. we don't notice it, but our bodies are preparing for a fight or flight menouver, but since nothing is wrong, we just end up useing a lot of extra energy, and we become irritated by all around us. We don't get any sleep in this condition because we are being told by our bodies that we are in danger andf that we need to be awake and aware of what's around us. If you rthink about it it makes a lot of sence. Why we act the way we act when we are stressed, because our bodies are sending us miss information called the fight or flight thingy.

I don't know if i explained that well enough or not, but there are docters who specialize in this study and help people with their stress because this can leave people hurting others because of their odd will to hurt or defend theirselfs.

There is also the whole puberty thing. We suddenly get the need to procreate, and we want to engage in sexual intercourse with another of the opposite sex. This is simply because our primortal selves are saying that it is time for us to create a family for ourselves. That is why at a certain age, the whole concept of love and passion leaves, and all we want in a person with a good body, and someone who is fun to f*ck around with in bed. Same with the need to eat a lot. It's not just because we are growing, but in a males case, the larger one will be the dominate one, and will have the reign over others, in charge and having the women by his side. It's all instinctive.

The thing with fathers seeming to play phisical games with their child when mother will want to have fun with a kid by learning and things that are usually eye stimulated. A mother is meant to tewach their children to be able to taker care of a family and a father is meant to teach a child how to defend themselfs and to protect their family. It's all instinctive.

This is all disputable, and i'm a very dumb person, so it's hard to say that listening to me would be wize on your behalf, but i think that what i'm saying is somewhat right. But what do i know. It's considered bad for your health to listen to me. So i'll shiut up now.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 09:22 PM   #28
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Perfect legit examples Cannibal! Sorry Asylum, but I still believe in instincts!

A personal example of instinct was when my brother was really mad at something. He tends to get fairly... violent at times. Two of his friends were over this particular instance. I was sitting at the far end of the couch and as soon as they came in they /knew/ he was in one of those moods. They came right over and one sat beside me on the couch, and the other sat in the chair on the other side of me. It was as if they were protecting me from him. After my parents got home (in about 10 mins) they went right off to check on m bro. Pure instinct on their behalf. I felt so loved!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2002, 10:15 PM   #29
AsylumEscapee

Cannibal, what you've said is all wrong and even a bit sexist. Not everything puts us in a fight of flight situation. When you have a CHOICE, its no longer an instinct.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:10 PM   #30
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

I don't think i said anything that was sexist. I just stated that there is a well recognizable aspect in parents that show how each sex handles and takes care of their child. A male figure is meant to teach a child how to hunt, and defend themselfs. Like cubs playing with each other, but it still looks like they are fighting. That is what a father figure is doing with a child. Son or daughter. It's just not as realizable anymore, because now it's just not manly for a dad to be playing dolls, or something like that with their child.

A women will usually be found holding their child, singing to them. Taking them to the park, showing them all of the colors, animals, other people. Keeping the child neer by, teaching them how to be good gentile child. So that they will be able to grow up with a knowlege of taking care of their children when they grow up as well. Even though a lot of parents don't go by these rules, it's still very noticable.

And the whole male working out, becoming stronger, being more testosterone driven, defensive, and intollerable to other males. This is a survival, or somewhat of an alfa prime reflex that all males will usually go for as they grow up. being the leader of the pack for wolves or lions is found in all males. It just shows more for some than others.

I can'treally stress these points any more without repeating myself. But all in all we are animals, and we all have instincs, from when we are born till we die. And in many instances, we die in a state of showing our instincs. So stop saying that we don't have them. Because we do.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:51 PM   #31
AsylumEscapee

Quote:
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I don't think i said anything that was sexist. I just stated that there is a well recognizable aspect in parents that show how each sex handles and takes care of their child. A male figure is meant to teach a child how to hunt, and defend themselfs. Like cubs playing with each other, but it still looks like they are fighting. That is what a father figure is doing with a child. Son or daughter. It's just not as realizable anymore, because now it's just not manly for a dad to be playing dolls, or something like that with their child.

A women will usually be found holding their child, singing to them. Taking them to the park, showing them all of the colors, animals, other people. Keeping the child neer by, teaching them how to be good gentile child. So that they will be able to grow up with a knowlege of taking care of their children when they grow up as well. Even though a lot of parents don't go by these rules, it's still very noticable.

And the whole male working out, becoming stronger, being more testosterone driven, defensive, and intollerable to other males. This is a survival, or somewhat of an alfa prime reflex that all males will usually go for as they grow up. being the leader of the pack for wolves or lions is found in all males. It just shows more for some than others.

I can'treally stress these points any more without repeating myself. But all in all we are animals, and we all have instincs, from when we are born till we die. And in many instances, we die in a state of showing our instincs. So stop saying that we don't have them. Because we do.

Those arent instincts. Instincts are not alterable, and those are.
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:45 PM   #32
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

It's instinctive for a dog to bark at an enemy, but if one is trained not to, or taught it to be wrong it will stop. Will it not. But the act to bark is still instinctive. Any animal can be taught to go againsed its instincts. It's just that no one is there to teach it so. A human is taught by it's moralities, and it's culture. We have a higher level of thinking, laws, morals, these go above our instincts. So we don't act like animals. Name one instincs that an animal has that it can't be taught otherwise. SDuch as the previous example of a dog that barks. The only thing we have to do to stop it is to teach it otherwise. In school we our taught proper edicit, and manners, and all of that other crap. These deprive us of our natural primortal INSTINCTS. Sure, we have a choice, because we have been taught that things such as fighting will have consequences, and we will have to abide by our own morals and rules to keep us from living those consequenses. We have instincts, but we also have a higher level of thinking that goes beyond our instincts.

So stop contridicting the obvious.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:57 PM   #33
AsylumEscapee

You can teach a dog not to bark at a person, but if it still belives its an enemy it will still bark. And try to put a dog in a cage full of *****es (its not vulgar, I mean it literally) and tell it not to hump away. Either way, we both know thats not what the thread starter meant when he posted the topic "Insticnt vs. intell." I guess it all depends on your definition of Instinct. Also, I lost interest in this thread a while ago.
Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:48 PM   #34
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Well, i guess i'll just leave this thread with one last comment.

To me, instincts are natural reflexes and actions we take in reaction to certain events that effect our current state and enviornment. I've been going by this idea when stating everyone of my claimes, so if you have another idea for what insticts are, then maybe to your theory, you are correct, but to that hypothisis i just made, all of my claimes are correct, and my theory's are justified in all i say. So if you don't second the idea, and believe that instincts are classified as something different, then i'll leave it at that. I'm very respectfull to others opinions, and usually stray from arguing, but when i believe that i am right, i will defend my ideas till i am saticfied.

Sorry if i agravated you with the short argument we had in this thread. I just wanted to get my point fully accross, so don't take this to the offencive end.

All in all, i'm done. Now it's time for me to move on to the next thread, and if our ideas and beliefs happen to cross again, we'll just have to go through all of this crap again. So till then...

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 01:05 PM   #35
AsylumEscapee

....Finally.