Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Aug 17th, 2003, 03:13 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Angry I'm angry and furious!

Ok, it's my turn for rants!

I placed bids on two items from the same seller on ebay, and I won both auctions. The seller told me, after I have payed for both "No problem, items shipped!". Two days ago I received the package containing only ONE item! The other one wasn't there. I was shocked. Did the seller forgot to send it (un)intentionally? Did it get stolen/lost before being delivered? I dunno. I've asked the seller to be refunded or to replace my item, but he keeps on refusing to answer! And he keeps on selling other identical items in the meantime... the bastard! Guess what? He was so quick with replies before receiving my payment If it's not his fault, why does he avoid to reply to my emails? I'm pissed beyond imagination.... Now I'll have to contact ebay staff for this question, and it'll pass a lot of time before I'll have my money back or my item replaced (if I'm lucky!). I've always purchased stuff from ebay sellers, and this is the first time anything bad happens to me! But I don't know if it's a fraud (the seller intentionally forgot to include the item) or an unlucky coincidence (the item got stolen after being shipped and before being delivered).
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #2
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Things like that are what kept me away from Ebay. That is a terrible situation and id definately hate to be in it myself. My guess is the guy is at fault, sence he is acting so guilty with his refusing to comunicate after the sale. Its a shame there has to be people like that in the world. Good luck in getting your money/missing item back , hope it all works out ASAP

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 04:23 PM   #3
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
I buy rom Ebay all the time and it is a dodgy business, if you buy from abroad it happens all the time, you report him/her on the feedback, Hylas, if you dont get anything back from this ebayer, he gets chucked off, but I dont know what they can do for you, they just take him for a crime via credit card, you HAVE TO CONTACT the staff quickly!
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #4
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
The threat of bad feedback doesnt totally dissuade him since he will leave bad feedback on you also, and just say your lying. How valuable is the item you didnt receive, Hylas? It may not be worth the trouble, perspiration, definitely the anger to even pursue it. If it is a valuable item, then just hang in there, i expect it will get worked out if you pull enough strings. Is it possible they sent it in another shipment?
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #5
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
May I ask what the item is? Just contact the Ebay staff about it and hope they sort it all..I don't use Ebay myself, so that's all the advice I can give you from helping my brother with finding stuff on Ebay..
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #6
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, this really is a terrible thing, 'll make me think twice about ordering something offa there again. I've only got one item offa there. I can't tell you anmything more than what these guys have said, I think they covered it. I hope you get something outta this, good luck.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #7
goodman

YEE HAW! I just bought Dark Cloud 2 on Ebay for a total of $20 shipped, i love em!! I usually use Half.com, but they have been taking forever for that game to drop so i went to Ebay and bought it for 14.99 with shipping of $5, cant beat Ebay!!
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry Hylas. The best thing to do is contacting Ebay, telling them what is your problem and that the seller isn't replying to your messages. It'll take some time, but they'll tell you what to do. There are probably other strategies, but first of all contact them, and keep on sending emails to the seller too.

I always buy stuff on ebay, and something like this only rarely happens. Usually sellers are interested in keeping on getting positive feedback, so they reply and eventually replace the item or refund the buyer.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 11:46 AM   #9
Hylas
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally posted by goodman
Is it possible they sent it in another shipment?
Well, no, and I'll tell you why:
we (me and the seller) decided that for spending less for shipping and handling costs, the best thing to do was having both items shipped in the same package, since they were tiny objects. TT, the items were two bracelets, and only one was there when I opened the package. There was also a note included, listing both items.. As I said, someone could have opened the package and stolen it after the shipment, but if so, the seller should reply and tell me what to do! It's not a great trouble for him to replace the item if I couldn't receive it! He sells billions of identical items everyday! One more shouldn't be a great loss!

BTW, I've contacted Ebay and I'm waiting for reply from them.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #10
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
It seems like nothing more than cheapness and bad sellsmanship on the sellers part
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #11
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry! Hope you can solve this question ASAP. But it's true, these things only rarely happen. Sometimes among good and reliable sellers you can find one that is not.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:18 AM   #12
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Stuff like this always makes me wary of buying on eBay. I never brought anything on eBay yet but I've been thinking about it. I'm paranoid at buying stuff over the internet and the only places I buy things from are newegg ,Video Game Depot, and Eastbay . Its a rarity that I buy from them, at that. I only order something online if it isnt in the stores.

But I still have a small intrest in eBay... thinks like this arent making my intrest any greater.

But I hope you sort your problems out ASAP. Perhaps even beat up the person who stole the necklace, if anyone did.
Old Aug 20th, 2003, 12:24 AM   #13
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
like my very good friend would say: Daaaahm Yuuuuh EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well im not important, just get your stuff back ASAP.
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 05:10 PM   #14
XXAVIERR
Stick Figure Theatre

XXAVIERR is on a distinguished road
What makes EBAY so bad is that's it hit or miss. Some of the sellers associated with them will give you fast, cheap and honest service.........others like the one Hylas is delaing with won't. I'm with Chara, it's not worth the risk of buying online if you can find it in a store.
XXAVIERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:52 PM   #15
Hylas
Now or Never

Thanks anyone for the support! I'm feeling a little calmer now, even if this question is still pissing me off. Ebay staff replied, telling me they'll investigate. I've also received a reply from the seller, who said the item was shipped together with the other one. Since I don't trust him, I'll wait for a reply from Ebay about it. I will also contact Paypal tomorrow, and see what I can do.

I repeat: I've never been treated like this before, and I still trust ebay, because there are too many good sellers to be mad at the whole system for just one who is unable to be fair towards his customers! But if I won't be refunded, I'll do anything to let anybody know about this seller and about his bad way of dealing with customers!
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 02:15 PM   #16
goodman

Thumbs down

Im dissappointed also, Hylas, i just got my package from the seller of what i thought was Dark Cloud 2. Turns out it was only Dark Cloud, which i beat two years ago. He had a Dark Cloud sale going on in the Dark Cloud 2 section, i looked at the order closer and indeed i just overpayed to get a old, used game that i wont be playing. So dont feel too bad, sometimes "we" screw ourselves as well as being screwed by individuals on Ebay... It was deceptive of him to place that ad in the Dark Cloud 2 section, but dumb of me not to notice it was the original Dark Cloud, which is probably worth about $7 right now... Plus he charged me $5 for shipping and sent it media mail for $1.75... Thats America for ya!!