Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 01:38 PM   #1
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Talking Wazzup Ya'll

God, I'm so happy to come back and see the Site and message board are still alive

I'm on a little christmas leave from the army, I'll be going back jan 3rd, so I may hang out in here for a couple of days.

BCT isn't as hard as I thought it would be, actually I've had a hell of a blast shootin the M16 and throwing live grenades

But damn, yeah, I've missed ya'll a lot, not to mention my games.

Well, I'll see you all around.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 02:19 PM   #2
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
YAY FROZEN!!!! ^^
It certainly is good to see you too!
Glad everything is going well and that your having fun!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 06:19 PM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Hi Frozen, we missed your posting!
It's nice to hear news from you now and then!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 06:40 PM   #4
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Ditto....good to hear from you again. Glad your having a good time.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 09:38 PM   #5
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Heyas Frozie, how goes the hunt? Glad we caught Saddam so maybe you wont be involved in that crap... until next time, and have a Merry Christmas!
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 11:51 PM   #6
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Yeah Fro, nice to see you're still coming to visit whenever you have time! Have a merry xmas!
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:03 AM   #7
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Re: Wazzup Ya'll

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen

BCT isn't as hard as I thought it would be, actually I've had a hell of a blast shootin the M16 and throwing live grenades

Nice to hear your having a...ummmm... blast

But yeah, welcome back for Xmas and have a great holiday season. And PEACE...especially to you, man

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:34 AM   #8
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Welcome back, good to know everything is going well.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 06:45 AM   #9
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Yo, welcome back frozen.

Dawg, pound it, pound it.

*give frozen a good pound*

Yea.
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 02:58 PM   #10
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Hi there Frozen, how are you? Seems like you're ok... cool!

Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:26 PM   #11
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Well, thanks for the warm welcome, I feel like I came back home Although I have this weird feeling that I'm missing my home, the barracks

I still haven't finished BCT, though, it was interrupted since everyone was sent home for xmas, but I only have only a week and a half left of training, then I'll graduate and then go to AIT where I'll betrained in the job I selected which is gonna be pretty much an office job. After that I will be assigend to my unit which is whothehellknows.

Quote:
Originally posted by goodman

Heyas Frozie, how goes the hunt? Glad we caught Saddam so maybe you wont be involved in that crap... until next time, and have a Merry Christmas!
Even though we've got freaking Saddam, we gotta think about this: we've invaded the iraqies country, so it is normal that there is still so much rebellion. I doubt that the fact we've got him means this situation with Iraq will end any time soon. I believe it's far from over, unfortunately.

If I do get involved, I can tell you all this:

I am not ready to die for this country.

I AM MORE THAN READY TO KILL FOR THIS COUNTRY

A soldier gives his life for his country, NOW, a good soldier makes others give their lives for their countries

But yeah, given the case I should die in war, I'd be glad it was so, instead of dying in a damn car accident. To die in war is the best death a warrior could have, because the warrior died fighting.

Now, keeping in mind the job I'll have, it is unlikely that I will find myself in front lines, however, it is very possible that I will eb in a conflict zone anyway. But as I said, I'm more than ready for it.

Well, if I do not write tomorow, I want to wish every single one of you a Merry christmas and a very happy new year.

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 05:41 PM   #12
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen

I AM MORE THAN READY TO KILL FOR THIS COUNTRY

A soldier gives his life for his country, NOW, a good soldier makes others give their lives for their countries

A good soldier knows how to keep his wits about him and use wisdom in his decisions. Judgement is not yours to deal out in anybody's name. I am more than grateful for those who fight for peace and justice for our country, but I am disturbed when I hear about a soldier going around with an attitude like this.

I admit, I could not do it. I would not be able to have my wits about me in such a situation, were I to be in combat. I think it is extremely brave what you are doing because you believe in our country's freedom and I am thankful for it. Please don't get me wrong on that.

But there is something about what you said I don't understand. Actually, I guess I kind of do understand. Could you explain to me this type of thinking, though? What I guess I'm wondering is what is your personal reason for joining the military? Was one of the main reasons getting revenge? I have a strong belief in the idea that today's soldier has to be a completely different type of soldier than he/she was some odd decades ago. Your job is to protect freedom and peace and in my opinion, along with many others these days, that involves keeping the peace where you are stationed. I hope you have the patience. I can't say I wuld apologize if you never got to pull the trigger on somebody in your entire military career, to be honest.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #13
Frozen
Dante May Cry

You see, in the ARMY we have these ways of self motivation.

When I say that I am ready to kill, is because I AM. However, does it mean that I WANT TO?

Hell no. I ask God I never have to take somebody's life. But you know what? You go to a conflict zone and your enemy WILL NOT GIVE A DAMN about taking YOUR life. So it's them or it's you. That's what you gotta be ready for. If you hesitate to kill your enemy, he's got you. Because he will not hesitate.

And what I said about being a good soldier is actually a quotation from General Patton. :B

It is my wish that no conflict should exist in this world, that there was no violence, that there was no need to use force. But that is just a dream. Reality is quite different. And you know this if you watch the news.

My personal reasons for joining the military are many. But to answer your question, no, I have not done this for any kind of revenge. I'd like you to know that I am not even from the U.S. But guess what, this country has given me so many things I could never do elsewhere, not even in my own land. So serving this country is probably the best way I can "pay back". But this is just one of the many reasons I've done this. I want to, somehow share the pain that others are suffering, or have suffered throughout the wars. I've always have thought "why am I safe? why have I never endured the hardships these people have? why am I always so far away from harm, while others live surrounded by it?

So you can say this is also a personal challenge. If I survive this, I will most likely survive anything else in life.

I understand that you, RED, are someone who loves peace, and hates violence. I am just the same. But understand this: In order to keep your people safe and in peace, you most do violence on their behalf. The enemies of our people will not verbally discussand solve a conflict. They will shed blood. You have to fight fire with fire, there is no other way to solve these conflict in today's world, today's society.

Maybe I won't ever have to pull the trigger again, other than against the targets when requalifying. I don't know if I said it before, but my field is not infantry nor any kind of combat arms. My job is in the administrative sector, but you know what, I am a soldier nonetheless, trained to defend my comrades and kill the enemies, just the same.

Old Dec 28th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #14
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

The good news is: we are both right. Some woud say that is the problem, but I believe it sobering to consider how a soldier and peace loving individual can not only co-exist in the same world, but also perhaps in the same person. It is comforting to know we all want the same thing. PEACE bro. Bless our troops.

_RED_ stuff

Old Dec 28th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #15
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
When Froze first told me he was going into the service i was proud for more than a few reasons, one being it would give him a chance to do something different than the average person working in a Walmart and having no career direction or goals. The opportunity to not only make a difference for the U.S. possibly someday on a battlefield (no matter what the likelihood), but also the chance to find a direction and a place in society thereafter has to be applauded. So many want to sit on the sidelines in their warm, comfy chair, pointing fingers or protesting, and in some cases their protest do have validity. But from experience i can only say "more power to you", Froze, your doing a good thing for the country and yourself. And both will be the better for it! Happy New Year, man...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #16
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Quote:
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

The good news is: we are both right. Some woud say that is the problem, but I believe it sobering to consider how a soldier and peace loving individual can not only co-exist in the same world, but also perhaps in the same person. It is comforting to know we all want the same thing. PEACE bro. Bless our troops.

_RED_ stuff
I'm glad that you DO understand that a being a soldier does not necessarily mean being a senseless, killing machine. That's a Marine.

(lol, I'm just kidding. I have great admiration for those guys)

But you already said how it works, so no need to repeat it :B

Quote:
Originally posted by goodman

When Froze first told me he was going into the service i was proud for more than a few reasons, one being it would give him a chance to do something different than the average person working in a Walmart and having no career direction or goals. The opportunity to not only make a difference for the U.S. possibly someday on a battlefield (no matter what the likelihood), but also the chance to find a direction and a place in society thereafter has to be applauded. So many want to sit on the sidelines in their warm, comfy chair, pointing fingers or protesting, and in some cases their protest do have validity. But from experience i can only say "more power to you", Froze, your doing a good thing for the country and yourself. And both will be the better for it! Happy New Year, man...
And you are absolutely right, sir, being in the ARMY is a hell of a lot better than Walmart, you even get treated better

And you said a key thing: I'm doing something that's not only good for the country, nor something that's only good for me, but for both.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!!! And for everyone else!!!

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM   #17
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Well, it's time to say good-bye once again. Maybe I'm gettin annoying or something, but oh well, all of you are like family. So yeah, tomorrow I depart once again, so hear from me in about 3 months. In AIT I may get more chances to access a Pc, but I do not know, so, until then.

May this new year bring all of you most of good things and success in life. If you believe in God, may he bless you. If you don't, God bless you too :B

Take care fellas.

Old Jan 2nd, 2004, 06:08 PM   #18
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Take Care Frozen and Be Safe! Can't wait to have you back again. God Bless you too!