Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » RPG Forum

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:19 PM   #21
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth

Overkill?! Not for me! .. he...would...not...DIE!! On any other level! It felt impossible!! I died...and I died... and I died.... and THEN!!!! ... I died again... but then!!! ...I died some more... and then I killed him. And I was happy! But seriously, being at the highest experience level is deffinatly a better chance at killing that Sexy Biatch of a god...

Yah, I kinda agree with Nelo Angelo, that is a bit overkill, but I usually max out their levels anyway. But where did you fight to get that much exp? Or was it just a really really long time?
And I could accually beat him right now if I had more MP, its kinda easy to avoid him. Just jump at him, swing your key blade wildly,lol, then when you get hit step back a bit and heal, then jump back in there! I ran out of MP so I couldnt heal and dided...
Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:27 PM   #22
Seraph Sephiroth

Seraph Sephiroth is on a distinguished road
I just decided to go around and finish all the side-quests before I fought him again, and by that time I was at level 99! ... I dont get bored with games EVER.. well, with rpgs anyway... so I enjoyed going to all the worlds and fighting all the monsters and side-bosses, and such. I made sure I got every item, and turn over every secret before I knew I was ready to fight Sephy again. .... when I finish a rpg.. I REALLY have to finish it... by that I mean.. get every item, fight every monster, finish every side-quest, see all secret endings... even if it meaning dying..dying.. and more dying... lol! I guess I just have a lot of time on my hands since I graduated ^_^;;

"Let's take back the planet together..." -Seraphim Sephiroth
Seraphim Sephiroth's Sephiroth Shrine
Seraph Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:28 PM   #23
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Dude

Yah, I kinda agree with Nelo Angelo, that is a bit overkill, but I usually max out their levels anyway. But where did you fight to get that much exp? Or was it just a really really long time?
And I could accually beat him right now if I had more MP, its kinda easy to avoid him. Just jump at him, swing your key blade wildly,lol, then when you get hit step back a bit and heal, then jump back in there! I ran out of MP so I couldnt heal and dided...
Ice Titan, Hades Cup are my favorite places to level.
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:37 AM   #24
David
Need a Bouncer?

David is on a distinguished road
Those are great places to train yourself, but I think you need to also practice makin combos, that's what I did and I had no trouble beating the bosses. Best place I would recommend would be Merlins place, the furiture never get's destroyed by physical attacks, and your magic never runs out.

0====(=====================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #25
Vicious
free your mind

Vicious is on a distinguished road
I'm at level 78, and he is impossible to beat.
Old Jan 17th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #26
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Ive only tried him once and hes no joke, im at 72 and Ive beat the Ice Titan, but Kurt Zisa is giving me some trouble so far, I know how to beat him but im running out of potions when he does that spining blade that is so hard to avoid he had only half a bar of green health left then when I whoop him, the phantom is going down, im not gonna even try it again with Sephiroth till im Lvl. 100, that Beeyatch is gonna fry.

Where you guys like to level up? I like Traverse Town (the Gizmo shop and District 3 are great, lots of Defenders which give yuou 240 xp a pop, and I can kill them with one combo now ) Also the Hades Cup can guarantee a level up or too if you win all 49 seeds, when I first took it on I was expecting to die like hal;f way through, but somehow managed to beat it all on my first go! Hades should have been the final guy, Rock Titan was soooo easy)
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2003, 12:11 PM   #27
mark0™
Extinct.

YES!!!! I BEATR HIS ASS!!!

i was level 84, and my strength was high enough to get decent amounts of damage and my Defence and HP was so high that all his hits, excluding Sin Harvest, werent makingtoo much effect and I just neede te odd cure.

What you do is just know the crap outta sephiroth, keep the lock on him (when he teleports remember to put the lock back on) and when he uses Sin Harvest, try to get Strike Raid in as fast as possible, If you are quick enough, it'll cancel, if your too slow, yuoull notice this clow over your head, use an elixer staright away, good idea to stock all item slots for Elixers, i used ever elixer I had in the battle. The Seph goes all beserk, just show him whos boss and get in and beat him up.

I recommend you be at least lvl 80, a lot of Strength, Defense and HP really help out, and so do a lot of Elixers.
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #28
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I tried fighting Sephiroth at level 73 with the Ultima weapon, over 60 attack, 10MP, and put elixers in all 7 of my item slots(chose sword at the beginning). I had so much health and defence that it would take over 4 of his sword attacks before I would have to heal. He's not hard to dodge his attacks and the only reason I lost was because I had used up all my Elixers by the time I got him to half his HP. I think if I'm going to be able to defeat him I will have to get in more damage quickly. Any suggestions that haven't been said here?

I almost forgot I'm on the NORMAL difficulty.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:25 AM   #29
mark0™
Extinct.

Trunks, just try to use Strike Raid on him whenever he yells "Sin Harvest", you gotto be very quick to interupt that move, If you don't have second chance it will kill you instantly. It's a good idea to remove Ars Arcanum, Sonic Blade and Ragnarok so that Strike raid is always available. And if you still cant beat him, just try leveling up a few levels.
Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:13 AM   #30
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Thanks man, but I'm sure now that I'm at 81 if I cancel his sin harvest attack I'll be able to do it.
Old Jan 21st, 2003, 09:41 PM   #31
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Sorry for this, but

I just beat the almighty Sephiroth(he's not almighty any more at level 81! I only used four elixers and once I got his health to 1 1/2 bars he stopped using his Sin Harvest thing. If anyone is wondering my stats they were:

Str: 66
Def: 53
Max HP: 81

Thanks mark0 letting me know I could cancel his sin harvest thing, I couldn't have done it without your help. What difficulty are other people playing this game at?(I'm on Normal)
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #32
mark0™
Extinct.

no problem, I played it on Normal.

I recently maxed out mines and goofy's lkevels (both 100), I'm gonna see how easy Seph is now, need to get Donald up a little (even though Ansem is real easy)
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 07:35 PM   #33
mark0™
Extinct.

yehaw!! beat him lv.100, pretty easy, he got sin harvest in twice, but my strength and defense were high enough to give him a decent ass whooping. Hardest thing about him is probably actually conecting your attacks to him. Its hard to get close when hes walking coz his sword has wayy to much reach, but try hitting him when hes doing his big flame pillar (jus jump through, it did hardly any damage to me) and hit him as soon as its over. Sometimes jumping to him while hes walking then attacking when you land can get him off guard, and when he uses Sin Harvest, hes really off guard, but youve got like 2 seconds to hit him, Sin Harvest is the most deadliest move in the entire game.

I'm so happy, i can easily beat him, now to try on Expert
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:15 PM   #34
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

yehaw!! beat him lv.100, pretty easy, he got sin harvest in twice, but my strength and defense were high enough to give him a decent ass whooping. Hardest thing about him is probably actually conecting your attacks to him. Its hard to get close when hes walking coz his sword has wayy to much reach, but try hitting him when hes doing his big flame pillar (jus jump through, it did hardly any damage to me) and hit him as soon as its over. Sometimes jumping to him while hes walking then attacking when you land can get him off guard, and when he uses Sin Harvest, hes really off guard, but youve got like 2 seconds to hit him, Sin Harvest is the most deadliest move in the entire game.

I'm so happy, i can easily beat him, now to try on Expert
I find the best way to attack him is to use the super glide ability to get near him, especially when he's about to use Sin Harvest. If anyone wants to know, you know he's going to use Sin Harvest when he starts running around the edge of the arena and then teleports to the opposite end of the arena. SOmetimes he'll end up near you or maybe just behind you.

As soon as get bored with MGS2 again I will go back to play through Expert.(By the way where is everyone getting the little 'MGS Fan' things)
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:21 PM   #35
mark0™
Extinct.

the MGS Fanlistings is part of Fortunes site, I've linked the site on my signature, click the font or the pic

|
|
\/
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #36
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
I fought sephiroth on lvl 57. He Kills me all the time right when im trying to heal. I dont have that much trouble hitting him. I just dodge roll or glide over to him. Then I hit him as many times as i can and dodge roll away. I'm going to beat him on this lvl. I dont like lvling up.I think im playing it on easy so it shouldn't be 2 hard.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #37
Big Dude
mwahahaha...

Big Dude is on a distinguished road
Ooooh man! I suck! I still havent beaten him Level 100 and all... I cant get to use my elixers in time, its like a split second longer and I would have been heald but he was just that fast. If it wasnt for that I could kick his ass. His attacks only take off half of a MP block in size, and he is easy to hit, but I cant heal in time
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #38
rpgKing
Banned Member

rpgKing is on a distinguished road
ok here it goes have lots of hi-potions or elixer and use them or cure, and be at level 100. I know its alot but just fight the rock titan. witch will give you 4000. When he does sin havest try to hit him as fast as you can before he can complete it. if he succeds then fly away use a potion or cure. and keep at it. Trust me Ive beat him with ease doing this. If you think hes hard try fighting the aladin boss or the peter pan boss. They are pretty much the hardest.
rpgKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #39
mark0™
Extinct.

Phantom was quite easy I think ( As long as you cast haste on that damn clock) and Kurt Zisa was a fair challenge (blocking magic then physicaly attacks got really annoying) But Sephiroth is probably the hardest boss. Sin Harvest is probably the most dangerous attack in the game, so If you see the Sin Harvest animation begin, its too late to stop it, so get your menu ready to use an Elixer as soon as it hits (and get away from Sephiroth incase he hits you straight after Sin Harvest)
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #40
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
Sephiroth doesnt seem that hard. I just need to practice dodging a little more. Then i have to heal faster. I can probly beat him on lvl 57. I'll tell you if I do.