Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:19 PM   #21
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
The active ingredient in weed is THC. In our brains there a small part that is paticularly receptive to THC. So why is that there? One could argue we were designed to be affected by weed.

Anyway, it seems some people around here are forgetting that weed actually has some proven medcinal purposes. For example, people undergoing Chemoetherapy treatment for cancer suffer from extreme nausea which makes eating difficult. A well known side-effect of weed is the munchies - hence why a lot of people undergoing this treatment are advised to use weed to fight the loss of appetite.

A lot of sufferers of MS also find great relief from their trauma through weed.

And Suzuki, before you spout on about how weed is more harmful than cigarettes, maybe you should be aware that you don't have to smoke weed - there are alternative methods for getting stoned.

- S
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:36 PM   #22
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Damn I gotta learn to type . What the hells a borther anyways. Ahem, dont get the wrong impression, I dont do any kind of drugs, never have. Im 18 and I dont drink or smoke, I dont really see the positives in any of it, all people say is it makes me feel good, their are alot of safer things you can do that make you feel good. And sazuki, you really didnt prove anything that I couldn't blow all to hell. What Im challenging here is not weather its good or bad or just that it should be legal. If Alcohol and Tobacco are and it clearly isnt that much more harmful to anyone . And it does balance out in the long run. Smoking a joint or two a day is no worse than smoking a pack of cigarette's a day. How many joints would be equivalent to an entire pack of cig's I woner (Ads far as tar and what not) . I bet its a whole lot more than 2. I dont know anyone who smokes more than 2 maybe 3 joints a day, that would be pretty costly and well stupid. If a joint is 4 x worse (As you said Sazuki) than 1 cig. Then theirs what about twenty cigs in a pack. So according to that to get the negative effects of one pack of cigs youd have to smoke 5 joints. Who the hell smokes 5 joints a day. Casual mary j smokers have 1 maybe 2, some days none, so how is the habit any more harmful Sazuki ??. Yeah it aint so open your eyes to the truth my brother !! Also studies show that weed has a relaxing effect, it doesent neccesarily make you lazy..just laid back for a short period of time...how is that harmful to others ? Huh ? (lol). So to further the public service announcement style this thread has adopted I will say this DRUGS ARE BAD , BUT WEED SHOULDNT BE ILLAGAL, If YA SMMMMEEELLL ....Oh ahem never mind !!

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:08 PM   #23
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

And the hey men brother, lol.
I think he meant Amen.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:59 PM   #24
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
yeah i know what he meant.

But you cant use as an argument against cannabis that the "stoned" effect may alter you work rate. If you were to smoke during work, you deserve to be fired, and many employers would not hesitate to deal with that in the workplace. I don't think "lazy-ness" is a major side effect.

On another note of safetyl, I read that using a vaporiser instead of a bong or joint is a lot more safer. The vaporiser simply heats up the weed and allows the THC (Tetra-Hydra Cannabol i think it means, something like that) which is the pure essance of cannabis, to evaporate and be absorbed in the throat. The good points of this are that the bad effects from burning weed go away, but i'm not 100% sure on how safe it is, if any.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:21 PM   #25
Vicious
free your mind

Vicious is on a distinguished road
Drugs are bad.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:23 PM   #26
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Whoa! Why would anyone start doing these drugs? SUre, one's life may be less than cosher but that doesn't mean you have to start doing these kinds of things to feel better.

I know my life may not be as bad as some poele, like those in countries less developed than ours, but it still is pretty bad and I don't do drugs, but then again I only eat ro drink stuff because it tastes good, that's why I don't drink coffee because I don't like the taste.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:29 PM   #27
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I'm a strong believer in the legalisation of marijuana (and that may well be a reality in the near future here in Canada . . . to an extent).

As a casual smoker, drinker and stoner I'd have to say that I'm probably the least affected by grass than the other two. I've never had a pot hangover at work! I've also never felt my work initiative diminish because of smoking either . . .

I've also never seen anyone go to the hospital for smoking too much pot, whereas alcohol poisoning can happen.

As a sidenote too, if you don't roll a spliff you can smoke a joint using a cigarette shell and have many of the toxins filtered out . . . or use a gravity bong so the water collects them.

And don't think for a second that I have anything against people that don't need drugs to feel good . . . in fact I get intoxicated far less than most of my friends because I feel that a drug or alcohol dependancy of any time is a bad way of getting through the hardships of day to day life.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:37 PM   #28
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
And Suzuki, before you spout on about how weed is more harmful than cigarettes, maybe you should be aware that you don't have to smoke weed - there are alternative methods for getting stoned.

- S
OK...? There are other methods that are EVEN WORSE than weed. I'm not going to argue with a bunch of teenagers (and I'm one, don't get me wrong) about drugs, because most teens are so damn liberal nowadays that it won't do any good. You've all (or most of you) have this idea that "weed isn't dangerous" and crap, when it's not true. I don't like any drugs. I don't consider alcohol to be bad though, because in some cases it can be healthy.

Spank-a-thon, where did I say I was against medicinal marijauna? I've been assuming that we were talking about normal kids who just smoke pot for fun, not sick people. Don't change the subject like that.

Quote:
But you cant use as an argument against cannabis that the "stoned" effect may alter you work rate......I don't think "lazy-ness" is a major side effect.
I'll take your word for it. You probably know for more about that than I do
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:45 PM   #29
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You've all (or most of you) have this idea that "weed isn't dangerous" and crap, when it's not true.
The only dangerous things about weed are the laws that go with it.

And what's so wrong with teenagers being "so damn liberal"?
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:49 PM   #30
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

OK...? There are other methods that are EVEN WORSE than weed. I'm not going to argue with a bunch of teenagers (and I'm one, don't get me wrong) about drugs, because most teens are so damn liberal nowadays that it won't do any good. You've all (or most of you) have this idea that "weed isn't dangerous" and crap, when it's not true. I don't like any drugs. I don't consider alcohol to be bad though, because in some cases it can be healthy.

Spank-a-thon, where did I say I was against medicinal marijauna? I've been assuming that we were talking about normal kids who just smoke pot for fun, not sick people. Don't change the subject like that.
Firstly, by other methods I meant hash cakes and the like, not other types of drugs. That way you are not inhaling any fumes.

Secondly, you shouldn't really presume we're all 'a bunch of teenagers' - I'm certainly not, and there are a fair few others who aren't either.

Thirdly, Marijuana is less harmful than many prescription drugs. All drugs (alcohol and nicotine included) are harmful - there's just varying degrees of harm.

Finally, when I mentioned mecidinal purposes it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular - I was just mentioning it as an aside.

Besides, in Amsterdam weed is legal - so there's one country that doesn't think it's so bad.

- S
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:56 PM   #31
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Yea, that's another thing...the "laying around" remark. People will start to smoke it, and get lazy all the time. Another bad thing.
I'm already a lazy bum without the drug...
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:47 PM   #32
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

I'm already a lazy bum without the drug...
I hate to admit this, but I am too.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:29 AM   #33
Killuminati
Tha Don

Killuminati is on a distinguished road
alright, im a pot smoker, and a drinker here. i do both weekly(drink on the weekends, and smoke all the time) and trust me, its not as harmful as they make it out to be. and trust me when i say this: pot-heads know more about weed, its effects, and its down-sides more than anybody. we know everything bad about it, and the truth is, there isnt that much bad. Weed doesnt cause Lung Cancer unless u smoke it alot and all the time, like 6+ joints a day. sure it kills brain cells, but so does ciggarrettes, and alcohol kills more brain cells than weed, and it damages your liver. Alcohol is worse for you than pot. Cigs are worse for you than pot. if you go to a site like freevibe.com most of the sh*t they put on there about pot isnt true, thats just what they say to...well i dont kno why they say it. and to whoever said he doesnt kno why someone would ever start doin this. its not like any other drugs where you take it to escape reality. me and my boys do it for kicks. its fun, not that harmful, doesnt make us retarded like some people think. has anyone seen those commercials about pot out? liek the one with the kid who shoots his friend cause "Marijuana alters your sense of reality" or soemthin stupid like that. no one is that careless when they are stoned off pot. if anything you are more cautious when ur baked. i cant say the same for Coke, Crack, Heroine, Speed, E. (i have done a couple of those) and that sh*ts f*cked up. i dont do those anymore tho, not worth it

Killuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 03:04 AM   #34
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
AAAAAAAh the delicate discussion of legalization...every country has to know for themselves I'm from Amsterdam so I think legalization is a beautiful thing.I don't smoke it any more used to
smoke it for 6 years in a row. The only problem with not legalizing weed is that you must buy it at dodgy dealers who most of the time can sell you anything from xtc,coke,amfetamine to ghb. So the step to hard drugs is easier to make in your country.
But when you have this freedom of legalization education is very VERY important. In Europe legalization is just a mather of time they're already experimenting in other country besides holland like Germany,Belguim( in fact it's already legal to smoke inbelguim but not to buy strange huh!!!!),Austria,Italy etc.
On the part of damaging brain cells holding you're breath too long or get you're head kicked with kickboxing does more damage......

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:45 AM   #35
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

Quote:
Originslly posted by Killuminati

and to whoever said he doesnt kno why someone would ever start doin this. its not like any other drugs where you take it to escape reality. me and my boys do it for kicks
That was me and I was talking about mainly ciggarrettes and alcohol. I had no idea exactly what weed does and the reason I said what I said is because that's the only reason I could think of why someone would do any kind of drug. I'm sure there are others too like the one you mentioned. I just wouldn't do it myself.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #36
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
All my friends who smoke weed are dumb and useless to be honest. And its true as it kills brain cells, cause to be honest, every person Ive met who smokes weed are stupid and you seriously cannot take any advices from them.
I dont like Dr Phill, but still weed is even worse. I remember my classmate telling me that Weed is even better then Tylonol or Advil and all. I was just laughing at him. I would totally agree with Suzuki.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #37
mark0™
Extinct.

If it is legal, the amount of drug related deaths will surely plummet, when you associate death with Cannabis (not other drugs though) it is the dealers who would be causing death, not the drugs.

Dealers may put substances alongside the cannabis without you knowing, and you even may get in trouble with a dealer and he may cause you trouble.

Thens theres the whole ladder of drugs thing. The first step is Dope, then when you go back to buy more, the dealer will try to get you into harder drugs, like speed, Ecstasy, Herion etc etc. And these drugs are total poison, The should never be justified for use.

But if you buy your weed from a licensed shop, woudln't these problems go away? Also the governments can make a profit from taxes and we can all be safer when it comes to dope.

But I agree that Cannabis is dangerous, of course it is. It is worse of than Tobacco, but I think Alcohol has more risk.

Oh... Drugs are bad... Mmm..kay?
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 02:02 PM   #38
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0
Dealers may put substances alongside the cannabis without you knowing, and you even may get in trouble with a dealer and he may cause you trouble.
I really don't get it when this happens. How can anyone with good buisness sense be stupid enough to kill their main market?!?! Thats like Mcdonald's inserting C4 into their McFlurrys! This brings me to my main reason for staying away from Drugs. Too high a percentage of the people I see who do any form of Drugs are frankly thick before they started. Its true that they'll never feel the side-effects of Cannabis. They're already thick anyway.

Anyways... I'm on the side of not legalising it, and yes, I don't know all the facts, but who honestly does? and yes, its not those who smoke it. The whole point in side-effects are that they are things that you can't notice. No one can personally tell they are getting thicker as your entire comprehension is governed by the very area that is affected.

And then theres the drug ladder. If you legalise Cannabis, the positive and negative effects would probably cancel each-other out anyway. Because somthing is legal, some of the people buying it are perhaps even more likely to go on to bigger and better things because they're illegal.

and finally... I think the topic title is a little too OTT. No one's life has ever been ruined by stopping them smoking. There are other forms of enjoyment out there.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #39
mark0™
Extinct.

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

I really don't get it when this happens. How can anyone with good buisness sense be stupid enough to kill their main market?!?! Thats like Mcdonald's inserting C4 into their McFlurrys! This brings me to my main reason for staying away from Drugs. Too high a percentage of the people I see who do any form of Drugs are frankly thick before they started. Its true that they'll never feel the side-effects of Cannabis. They're already thick anyway.
Maybe it is more of an Urban Legend but I doubt it never happens.

And why are you instantly stupid if you have ever smoke marajuana? Am I stupid simply because I smoke marajuana?
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #40
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

Too high a percentage of the people I see who do any form of Drugs are frankly thick before they started. Its true that they'll never feel the side-effects of Cannabis. They're already thick anyway.
the "see" is in italics. hence the people I've actually seen do make up a low percentage of the overall ammount of people who smoke Cannabis in the world right now. Of them, many are already on the slippery slope round the U-Bend of life, being already embrioded in a life of other substances, petty crime and teenage sex. But those are other issues anyway, and don't let that make you think that I think everyone is like that, I'm just presented with very bad role models.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote