Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 14th, 2003, 11:59 PM   #1
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry Time? Grades ?

Hello !

I think there was a thread like this before once, but its fairly old, and we have plenty new members, so I'll ask this questions again :

Since just about everyone here plays many videogames, many hours are usually put into them. There's also a good number of people here who watch anime [I know you guys do other things, but... bah], so when do you do all this ?

[Just about]Everyone here works or goes to school... and some do both. So how do you manage your time ?
Since your guys probably spend a good portion of the day doing the above, how does that affect school [if you're outta there, then how did it affect your grades]? In other words; what kinda grades do you get ? How many hours on regular basis do you sleep ?

PS: Anyone have any food ? I'm hungry

happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 02:38 AM   #2
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
I'm lucky, when I was in school last year I never cracked a book. I just paid attention in class and I maintained good marks. I have to budget my gaming now that I have a son.......If I don't help out......my wife won't let me buy more games

Usually I can reserve one night a week for a non stop game-a-thon.
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #3
fantasytiger
Dark Queen

fantasytiger is on a distinguished road
it depends on my feelings I get out of school at three play video games til 5am wake up at six and off to school by seven this is my usual schedule thats why I look dead half the time and I still manage to to keep a 4.0. all thnaks to my good friends a the coke cola company as long as they keep loading it with caffine I can keep up with my daily schedule. besides looking like the walking dead i do get the occasional head aches and so forth I am getting ready to graduate next year so this should finally get easier
fantasytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:36 PM   #4
Zone

Zone is on a distinguished road
For as long as I've been in school I've been a gamer. And for as long as I've been in school I've never received a grade lower than a B- (except for my Attitude and Behavior ).

My average time spent playing games per day is approximately five hours. I spend the rest of my time watching TV, messing around online, working out, working on some type of creative project, sleeping, and spend a whopping half hour studying.

My schedule is going to change significantly when I get a job.

I need the rush
There's nowhere you can hide before you die
Why won't you face me?
I can see the fear that's in your eyes
Where will you run?
Where will you hide?
I see the blood drip from your eyes
Who will survive?
Let's get it on and we will fight!
Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #5
Azuma_Ninja
Techno Artist

Azuma_Ninja is on a distinguished road
This year was my first year in college, plus I have a job, so that hurts too. I think this year I've played less videogames than ever before. Of course I know what's going on in the gaming industry, I was at the counter the first day to pick up my copy of Vice City. Plus theres' the personal games that I've waited for this year. Tenchu III for example I've waited forever for it to come out so of course I was there to pick it up the day it hit the shelves. But now since I've broken my ankle everything has changed. I obviously can't work, school ends the week so I'm getting back into the groove of things.
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #6
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Honestly I have not been able to play a lot on the PS2 these days. The wierd thing is, I have no job, I have no school cause of the summer and I do nothing. It just fails to interest me right now. Probably why I have not posted much latly. I was really big into counterstrike for the Computer again for the longest time while In university and then when I was student teaching. I guess I am kinda playing NHL hockey from EASports because of the playoffs it always makes me want to play.

I just gotta wait for the new EA lineup to get me in the groove again. NHL 2004 Online...That turns me on in so many ways!

My grades were not really affect by my gaming. Really becuase I never cared about grades. I don't know why, but I always just did enough to satisfy me. I mean im not dumb in any way, i just never really wanted to push myself to do better. So to answer your question...No i dont think it affected me.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:05 PM   #7
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I spend most of my time playing video games and try to get in about an hour of homework each night when I don't have a project. My grades have been really low, especially last year, because I procrastinate a lot. I know I shouldn't but it just happens. I never did get many A's in school and I could never get on the honor roll at all throughout high school. If I didn't have to do projects I would be doing much better in school. SO, gaming has effected my grades greatly and probably in the opposite direction I would have wanted to go. Oh, and I get about 7hours of sleep each night during the week.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #8
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I have no problems speaking of time. Meaning, if I don't open the book it's not because of videogames, but because of my laziness. I've never been accused of not studying enough because of games or anime or whatever. If I play games, I usually do it at night. I like it more than playing during the day. I don't have an average amount of daily hours I spend playing though.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #9
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
On weekdays, I try to play about 45 mintutes to an hour and a half [plus another hour for the Internet]...but that varies a lot since I don't really get a consistent number of homework everyday- somedays I have a lot, others next to nil. But when the weekend comes along, it is a whole 'nother story: play all-night on Fridays, and blow off my Saturday with almost non-stop gaming/Internet; homework can wait until Sunday . All in all, I manage my time quite...uh, effectively, one way or another, and for good or for bad.

As for grades, I've managed to keep an average GPA of 3.5 (Math and History can go to hell) despite lack of sleep in last-minute-projects and relatively long gaming during the week. For sleeping hours, I try to get at least 8 hours, but mostly sleep only 7; sometimes 6. But all might change next year, as I'll be slammed with foreign languages, economics, and health.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:06 PM   #10
Deathwatchz
Chylde of Darkness

Deathwatchz is on a distinguished road
Waaah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Yo-yo? a 4.0 student? sorry to pop your bubble there tiger, but you aveage around a 3.5 last "I" heard.... maybe i'm wrong, and if I am, sorry, but it doesn't seem like it.... And one question, is it coka-cola, or just coke? j/k, don't shoot me!! LOL

Personally, I dont have gaming affect my grades much at all. The main reason im gonna be graduating with a 3.0 is because i slack off al the time. I dont really care about high school cause I already have all my college planned out.. For me, i was using high school to have my fun so i can work during college, but overall it hasnt really affected me too much. if i had tried, id have gotten straight 4.0's like i did my 10th grade year. but usually, i get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night (d$%^ insomnia!!) but i usually function ok during school. once in a while, my exhaustion catches up with me and then i unintentionally take a day off of school to sleep for 14-20 hours (seriously!) so that i dont end up looking like the zombie lord or something... i usually game around 2 hours a day though, one way or the other, if not, its cause im taking too much time watchin' G Gundam, yu-yu-hakusho, Dragonball Z, and ruroni kenshin (I love those shows!)

Deathwatchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:28 AM   #11
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Daytime is for my job and working out...evenings for my girlfriend....nighttime is for me and my games mwahahaha
Basically I can't all play that much games everyday, but hey when I do I enjoy it more this way... Now and then those nightly sessions get to me and I'll have to lay of a few nights...
Grades??? Mmmm I can't remember much from school I know i partied a lot and got my diploma, but I didn't game during that period of life so....

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:55 AM   #12
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
3.5? I'd be surprised if I graduate with anything above a 2.0, I not only slack off and procrastinate but I do it by playing video games.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #13
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
hmmz... my games playing time varies quite a lot. At the beginning of the week, I played Half-Life and Opposing Force through in 3 days (about 6hrs of Sunday for the good bits of HL, 1hr for the rest on Monday, and opposing force in about 4 hrs on Tuesday),

but i usually don't play that much (insert vain effort to not look totally sad here). I was just engrossed for some strange reason (plus Half-Life is great because playing a nerdy guy with a ginger-goatee adds a certain hilarity factor to beating the game without cowering in the corner for the duration ). If a game is good, i'll play a lot of it.... so if I get a new game, i'll be playing about 22 hours a week (providing i have school to attend - i don't currently - also, it kind of requires that the game can last that long. Yes, i'm talking about YOU Unreal 2.), if I don't, I play perhaps only 8hrs a week.

As for my grades, I got 5 B's, 5 A's and 1 A* in my pratice examinations... and I just started the real thing today ... ugh, I hate French Speaking! (Drama and English Lit next :O )
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 07:52 PM   #14
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I haven't any playing schedule. Sometimes I play many many hours, some others I can stay without touching a controller for ages. Depends... But I've never got problems with school or anything because of games. I just think I'm good enough to know when I have some extra time to "waste" for my silly occupations
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #15
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Well, I only sometimes touch my study books....usually right before the exam day. And recently it has turned out pretty fine. Gotta be attentive in class......its very important.

As for work....... they have been killing me recently.....making me work straight 7-8 days in a week (40+ hours a week). But then again......no matter what happens.....I turn any one of my machines on and play some of it.

I recenly bought a DreamCast so I am putting some time on that too. It always depends.

But most of the real gaming happens during the night time or after 8pm. And as I know I have so many games to play with no time on hand. I play 20 minutes of game and turn to the next one. But if I totally get into it.....I play it for hours.

Recently I have been playing "Return To Castle" on Xbox alot..... I start my game at 9pm till 4:30am..... Xbox Live is so much fun.

And gaming (I dont think) effect my grades....... girlfriends have always effect that.
Old May 19th, 2003, 03:41 AM   #16
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
I only study before an Exam (I'm studying for a Physics exam which is on in 3.5 hours!) but my grades in school reflect my lazyness.

I Hardly seem to play the PS2 much now, just when I get a new game.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote