Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:14 PM   #21
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Yep these days companys that are centering only on gaming are on thier way out. Look at sega..it happened to them and I think eventually it will happen to Nintendo, a good thing for X Box and PS2 fans, to have all those great Nintendo titles like the Mario franchise , and Metroid. But I dont know Nintendo has TONS of die hard loyalist fans who would fight to keep it alive

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:34 PM   #22
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

I know I'd rather be in a room with 3 other mates playing a multiplayer game, taking the piss out of each other, seeing each others frustration than playing against some faceless person across the globe. But that's just how I feel - obviously other people may feel different.
I probably would but all I've gotto play multiplayer games with are my brothers adn they don't take defeat very well.

Quote:
They are an extremely well established Audio Visual brand and have managed to make the name 'PlayStation' synonymous with games consoles, much like they did with the 'Walkman'.
I don't know what kind of people would say they want a Playstation when they say they want a game console. Personally, if I say 'I want a Playstation' I mean playstation, not a XBox or a nintendo.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 04:49 PM   #23
Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin is on a distinguished road
dude..what have u been smoking
the Xbox is not domintating...its in 2nd..that study was made the other day when they announced about the next gameboy advanced....but they say that the new gameboy advanced which is comming out sometime soon..well they said it was supposed to take second and knock Xbox in 3rd...o well thats what i heard off the news but i dont think the new gameboy will knock it back for long...
Silent Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 03:13 PM   #24
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Silent Assassin

dude..what have u been smoking
the Xbox is not domintating...its in 2nd..that study was made the other day when they announced about the next gameboy advanced....but they say that the new gameboy advanced which is comming out sometime soon..well they said it was supposed to take second and knock Xbox in 3rd...o well thats what i heard off the news but i dont think the new gameboy will knock it back for long...
maybe you should do some researh on the internet, i speant alot of time surfing the web and xbox is dominaing and doing very good, so please dont make your stupid comments.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #25
Silent Assassin

What sites are you reading????...Microsoft.com???..because of course some sites would have that Xbox is leading...or "dominating"..because they are biased or they dont own a PS2...and they go for what ever they have
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #26
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

maybe you should do some researh on the internet, i speant alot of time surfing the web and xbox is dominaing and doing very good, so please dont make your stupid comments.
From Dictionary.com
Quote:
dom·i·nate
v. dom·i·nat·ed, dom·i·nat·ing, dom·i·nates
v. tr.
To control, govern, or rule by superior authority or power: Successful leaders dominate events rather than react to them.
To exert a supreme, guiding influence on or over: Ambition dominated their lives.
To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in: a drug company that dominates the tranquilizer market.
To overlook from a height: a view from the cliffside chalet that dominates the valley.
Dan da man, does XBox enjoy a commanding or controlling position the the games console market? No it doesn't. Given that worldwide sales are about 6 million compared to nearly 40 million for PS2 I think it's fairly safe to say XBox is not dominating, according to the dictionary definition of dominating.

Maybe you should make up with Silent Assassin and retract your statement that he made a stupid comment....

- S
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 10:28 AM   #27
Silent Assassin

THANK YOU SPANK-A-THON!!!...
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 03:38 PM   #28
JC Denton
HERO!

JC Denton is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i dont think that would happen!!!! but u never know bill gates is that gready he will try and get his hands on squaresoft, but at the moment that b*stard is trying to get metal gear solid 3 exclusive to xbox. lets hope not!!!!!!
i hardly think that is appropriate he maybe throwing his money around but how do you think sony got into the market. He isnt beening greedy he is just trying to get the biggest foothold, he is also not a bastard he is not doing anything that most business men wouldn't. No i dont think he will buy squaresoft partially because of the fact sony would have to be pretty stupid to sell it, sony are also do well enough not to need to sell there shares.

its true microsoft aren't dominating but you need to watch out for somone that desperate to get into the market, and lets face it he has tried very hard to get a hold in the market that is dominated by two extremely well known companies such as sony and nitendo, sony also aren't a push over when it comes to size, sony has though got too larger product mix and seems to have over diversified.

microsoft will be trying to take nitendos place just as sony set to knock out sega, which they did, they also through money around and aquired companies, so you cant call bill gates greedy. And by calling him a bastard it makes you sound ignorant and naive and a little jealous.

im sure you meant it as a joke, but some people dont find certain things funny

im not offended, and dont really care but you should be careful what you say.
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 03:42 PM   #29
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by JC Denton
microsoft will be trying to take nitendos place just as sony set to knock out sega,
ooh historical note! I doubt very much that they set out to knock Sega out of the market. If they were wanting to kill anyone, it'd be nintendo, but regardless, companies don't go into buisness by killing off their competitors - that is simply a side effect of attaining the market share that they're after.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 03:53 PM   #30
JC Denton
HERO!

JC Denton is on a distinguished road
sometimes compaines do set out to destroy competition, its a fact of life. Its is a great way to increase market share. destroying competition can be achieved by undercutting prices or starting rumers i dont mean anything like sabotage,

but when read like taht it is true, i dont mean literally to by them out of take there assets or anything like that, they will try an oust them out of 2nd place as sony did to sega,
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 04:40 PM   #31
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by JC Denton
they will try an oust them out of 2nd place as sony did to sega,
actually they probably did try to beat Sega down quite a bit, because Sega weren't actually second palce anyway. Neither were Nintendo, but neither side was particuarly out-doing the other back in those days... hell, you could argue that Sega actually went and killed themselves when they released the Sega Saturn...
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 05:22 PM   #32
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

From Dictionary.comDan da man, does XBox enjoy a commanding or controlling position the the games console market? No it doesn't. Given that worldwide sales are about 6 million compared to nearly 40 million for PS2 I think it's fairly safe to say XBox is not dominating, according to the dictionary definition of dominating.

Maybe you should make up with Silent Assassin and retract your statement that he made a stupid comment....

- S

Well to be honest, get lost, it was my Ipinion.
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:12 PM   #33
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Well to be honest, get lost, it was my Ipinion.
Well, to be honest - no.

If you're going to post something, ask for people's feedback and comments, then you have to expect counter-arguements. If you're not mature enough to accept that perhaps you shouldn't post.

Dan, grow up - there has been a few times in this thread where you have insulted people. Calling people stupid and telling them to get lost simply because they don't agree with you is somewhat childish.

- S
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 01:23 PM   #34
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Ok, i did ask for your feed back and so basically im going to get people saying YES they are dominating and NO, some ppl agree and some ppl dont, and your one of the ppl who dont agree, so im not arguing here, i think they are dominating, you think there not. Thats how forums work, now we can get on about it nicely or dont even talk about it.

It looks like if u dont even like mircosoft thats why your arguing in this thread, i admit i argued, now lets clam down and just talk nicely about xbox dominating and why u think there not. settled?