Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Nov 7th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #1
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Aha... Prince of Persia the Sands of Time

Several years ago a wonderful game came out by Konami, also made for other systems by other companies.... called Prince of Persia. Classic game, all the way through, had some hypnotic music and very tough jumps and skilled timing moves that a person would have to work with, but all in all a great game. Finally a new game has come to the ps2 called Prince of Persia the Sands of Time. IGN gives it its highest regards, saying that it incorporates essentially everything you want in a game, and a score of 9.6. Anyways, check it out, im sure they arent wrong on this and that it will be a satisfying experience. Sure wish the gaming industry marketed games year around instead of three or four months out of the year, but sometime over the next several months we will talk about all the great games jumping out of the woodwork... Oh and i believe the game may be availble for other systems also...

Last edited by goodman; Nov 8th, 2003 at 12:31 PM..
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 11:39 PM   #2
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
This game is said to be the best Adventure game of ALL TIME. And after playing the DEMO, I think its gonna happen. This game will take away everybody. I AM SOOOOOO FREAKING buying this game.

I love an animation, and the movement and the music and turning back time. WOW!.!
Old Nov 9th, 2003, 11:52 PM   #3
goodman

Yeah i was reading about the effort they put into the graphics, definitely a very indepth and gorgeous game and the gameplay will keep you going full throttle. Oh, and Makg, if you do get it, there is a roll move that isnt mentioned in the game manual that will help you get through some tough spots, hold forward and push X at the moment of impact to produce the roll move. Its better to know it now than get stuck somewhere not knowing it, a person in another forum mentioned it...
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 03:15 PM   #4
MakgSnake

Aah thanks......I will do so. I just hope controls are good enough on the GameCube, because I am buying the NGC version...............

Ive seen on the internet showing the boxart of the Xbox version and it says "Live Enabled". I wonder what it means, ...downloadable content?..?
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 08:17 PM   #5
goodman

Here is the official site for Sands of Time.......

https://www.princeofpersiagame.com/index.php
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
this game is getting great reviews, the only thing holding it back from going into my library is the difficulty..from what i've read it's real easy..there's a very thin line between easy and boring. With titles like that time is a factor..i don't want to play this game and be amazed for like 2 weeks then never play it again.

however i've seen the demo in OXM. Great graphics,sound and superb animations. I may pick this up..

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Nov 13th, 2003 at 01:12 PM..
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 09:41 PM   #7
Infernal Mass
pariah

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Aah thanks......I will do so. I just hope controls are good enough on the GameCube, because I am buying the NGC version...............

Ive seen on the internet showing the boxart of the Xbox version and it says "Live Enabled". I wonder what it means, ...downloadable content?..?
Makg, if you own an xbox you may want to consider grabbing that version. I've read a review at IGn which says the audio on the GCn version was compressed..probably due to the small disc.

As for the "Live Enabled" feature. Prince of Persia, is xbox live aware. Meaning if you're playing this game you can still recieve invites from your xbox buddies. Other than that there are no downlable features.

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 09:49 PM   #8
goodman

BJ, as you know, im a big advocate of renting so there is certainly nothing wrong with taking that avenue. I do believe the hype, though, because the game on the SNES was quite mesmerizing, i will fill you in some if i play it before you...
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:31 PM   #9
MakgSnake

Thanks BJ for letting me know about the Live Enabled thing. Oh and I know this may sound a little stupid, but the only reason I wanna buy the GameCube version is because I wanna increase my library for that system, thats why I am gonna get "Soul Calibur 2" for the system and buy "Beyond Good And Evil" for that system too...........

I dont know.......I guess I have to think about getting PoP: SOT, on Xbox or GameCube. Hmmmm.........
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #10
Infernal Mass
pariah

just got back in with a copy..i'll throw some impression up in a few.

Old Nov 13th, 2003, 11:07 PM   #11
Infernal Mass
pariah

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Oh and I know this may sound a little stupid, but the only reason I wanna buy the GameCube version is because I wanna increase my library for that system,
that does sound stupid, why get the inferior version. You get all the xtras plus the best lighting and sound...Especially with such a great game high quality game. but hey, your choice.

Last edited by Infernal Mass; Nov 16th, 2003 at 03:22 AM..
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 12:23 AM   #12
goodman

The way i look at it, i dont want to put money into a system that i really dont use, although i know what your doing, Makg, i did it with the Saturn six years ago. But its enough to support the ps2, and i dont buy many games new anymore, their value holds for such a short time that its worth it to either rent or buy used. Thats my perspective, which im sure many dont hold, but ive bought boatloads of games over the years and kinda watch what i spend money on so i dont waste it... I bought the original Prince of Persia full price, believe it was 59.99 on the SNES. That was a very fun experience indeed! I think many games on the SNES were worth the purchase price...
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 01:13 AM   #13
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally posted by goodman

The way i look at it, i dont want to put money into a system that i really dont use, although i know what your doing, Makg, i did it with the Saturn six years ago
Yeah thats true too....I agree with you, its just I want more games on GameCube, and when it comes to sound or picture. It wouldn't matter much, as I dont use ultra high end stuff. Still........plus now that I think about it........GameCube controller is just a little better. Plus I'll increase my collection for that system.
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #14
Infernal Mass
pariah

the game looks great!

plays pretty good too..

Old Nov 19th, 2003, 08:26 PM   #15
goodman

Hey, BJ, id like to hear more, tell me about this game some, ok.....
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #16
Infernal Mass
pariah

cool, got any specific questions?

i got to around 65%, a little bit after the prince ripped off his right sleeve..and then started over. i messed up and didn't collect all the sand clouds, they are vital! The more sand clouds you collect the more sand tanks are made..i didn't know that. i thought they were just recharge stations for sand, so i skipped a few...big mistake!

also, the use of water is pretty clever in this game. it can be your worst enemy or your best friend..water recovers health, but also prevents the prince from climbing walls..he slips when his feet are wet.

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #17
goodman

What would you rate the graphics, ive heard they are very detailed. Also what do you think of the music and the controls? Just some starting questions, and what do you think the overall game length probably is...
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 11:00 PM   #18
Infernal Mass
pariah

It seems like a perfect sized adventure, given the detail and level of production that can be appreciated along the way. When i stopped playing the sun had just risen in the game, as a matter a fact the puzzle i left off on utilized the sunlight and reflecting it off mirrors..and that was around 65%. By the time i got there i was very satisfied with that 65%.

The graphics are outstanding. The prince sports around 750 different animations to make his transitions between moves look really nice and fluid. Great lighting and detail to the enviorments. I own the xbox version but they'll most likely be just as impressive on the ps2 given the hardware's capabilities. the controls are great, not complicated at all. Sound in this game is immersive, if you got a good set of headphones or home theater system throw the volume up for this one.

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 11:55 PM   #19
goodman

The original PoP was very nicely detailed through and through, and this game is created by the originator of the series so its great to see that he has flourished under the new software and hardware. I expect he has held off until he could make the game work the way he really wanted it instead of putting out something just for the sake of having something out there for name recognition, which we often see nowadays. Good to hear that, BJ, i will pick it up soon im sure... Fatal Frame 2 is pretty much my only fast buy of this holiday season...
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 02:58 AM   #20
Infernal Mass
pariah

finally beat the game,

9.2/10