Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

Old May 15th, 2006, 02:14 AM   #41
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Nope, Snake's Revenge is very much officially part of the Metal Gear saga. It was just never released anywhere other than Japan, until MGS3: Substinence that is.
I don't doubt what you said, but I checked it out on Wikipedia just to make sure and here they said it's removed from the series' canon. So I wonder what's the real deal is?

Quote:
And thanks to the both of you [Carlito and meryl], I totally looked over the 'goods page' like a dunce. Very cool looking, and interesting to note. He's wearing the Solid Eye on the figure, yet he wasn't wearing it in the trailer. I guess it will still be implemented in the game.
Perhaps the figure is still in development so changes might occur. The last figure of Big Boss for MGS3 was supposed to have certain features/accessories, but were taken out in the end.

Anyways, I have one thing I want to discuss and that is Meryl's role in the game: Even though I'm happy she's back, being one of my favorite characters, I can't help but wonder if her role in the game will be deeper and she'll end up not being one of the "good guys." Like Harry said, we have seen heros turn into villians and vice-versa, so it could be possible that Kojima might make Meryl, well, a villain. What do you guys think her role is and do you think she'll betray anyone? I'm actually really nervous and worried about this.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #42
Carlito
Puerto Rican Knight

Carlito is on a distinguished road
You are right Meryl, Snake's Revenge isn't part of the Metal Gear canonic storyline, as Kojima explained many times. In the E3 2006 Famitsu interview, Kojima said the games composing the MG canonic storyline are only seven: Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid: Special Ops, Metal Gear Solid 4.

Also, Tttackler is wrong: Snake's Revenge was NEVER released in Japan; the game was released only in North America and Europe, and was replaced by the official Metal Gear 2 in Japan.

I do not know about Meryl in this new game, I also thought about the possibility she could be one of Snake's enemies this time around. One thing I noticed is that it seems Kojima didn't show any "bad guy", with the exception of Liquid, this time around; it's strange, but it could be that he wants to unveil those that will be the game's "bosses" later, maybe at the Tokyo Game Show.
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #43
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nope, Snake's Revenge is very much officially part of the Metal Gear saga. It was just never released anywhere other than Japan, until MGS3: Substinence that is.
You're thinking about Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, not Snake's Revenge. Snake's Revenge is neither in Subsistence, nor is it a Japanese exclusive. In fact, it was a game tooled for the North American NES market by NA developers, that never saw release in Japan, not the other way round like you have suggested. As a result, Kojima doesn't adknowledge Snake's Revenge because he had no hand in making it. That and it creates a continuity errors and other mishaps, and is widely disliked.

Last edited by kupoartist; May 15th, 2006 at 11:35 AM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #44
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Oi, yes, my fault. I mixed Solid Snake and Snake's Revenge. Don't mind the retard.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #45
Zebraman

Zebraman is on a distinguished road
Anybody knows why the date at the end of the trailer says "2006", then "2008" and after that "2007"? Is there a meaning in that or is that just a joke?
Zebraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:31 AM   #46
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oi, yes, my fault. I mixed Solid Snake and Snake's Revenge. Don't mind the retard.
Don't worry, I'm just glad the facts got straightened out because I had made a reference to "Snake's Revenge" in one my reviews, believing that it's completely disregarded from the series, so I was panicking whether I made a mistake or not to use the reference! Thanks Carlito and kupo for clearing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito
I do not know about Meryl in this new game, I also thought about the possibility she could be one of Snake's enemies this time around. One thing I noticed is that it seems Kojima didn't show any "bad guy", with the exception of Liquid, this time around; it's strange, but it could be that he wants to unveil those that will be the game's "bosses" later, maybe at the Tokyo Game Show.
Or perhaps, hopefully, Kojima knows we'll be suspecting Meryl so he'll end up making Meryl a good guy. *wishful thinking* I also was looking forward to seeing some bosses during E3, but he may reveal it at the TGS later. I wonder how many there'll be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebraman
Anybody knows why the date at the end of the trailer says "2006", then "2008" and after that "2007"? Is there a meaning in that or is that just a joke?
I don't know, perhaps it was a joke to get viewers excited about the release date, such as thinking it could be '06, but it's really '08, but then it's really '07. Or it could represent all three Snakes (Solidus, Liquid, and Solid) but how it could represent them, I don't know.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #47
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Hmm... Everytime I watch the scene with Snake putting that gun in his mouth, I can't help but wonder if that's going to be how it opens. You know like in some of those movies.... I.e. Fallen. You see Denzel opening up with: "Let me tell you about the time I almost died", and then at the ending they show the same scene that occurred at the beginning of the movie. I get that same feeling about this game. Snake opens with whatever words he was saying (and holding the gun to his mouth), and then we play through it, and it ends with the beginning scene. "shrugs" Don't pay me any attention.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #48
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
The villains in these games is probably my favorite part... they always end up making really interesting and unique ones. I just can't wait to see the new ones they have come up with. Hopefully, they will all be as fantastic as they always are... maybe even more, since this is supposed to be the final game.
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #49
SniperWolf

SniperWolf is on a distinguished road
I can hardly contain my excitement for this new game. But I couldn't believe the changes. It makes me sad as well about these changes and about other things in that trailer. This game isn't going to be the same as the last three. It seems so different. But I can't wait to play it.
SniperWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #50
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
I am pretty sure you guys have seen the new 3 minute trailer, which was suppose to have the GAMEPLAY footage but didn't. Still was a pretty exciting trailer showing some crazy stuff the Mini Metal Gears can do. Simply killing those soldiers ruthlessly. Good stuff, hopefully the TGS would bring in some ACTUAL GAME Footage. Fingers Crossed.

Ps: Raiden was an amazing character from before. I always liked him, I mean he took out SOLIDUS/FATMAN/VAMP (ALMOST). In my opinion he was a great character. If the Solid Snake was the soul of Sons of Liberty then Raiden was the Heart. You take away one of them and there is something that doesn't exist anymore. The Luke of Metal Gear Saga.