Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Closed Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:50 PM   #1
Zoe

Zoe is on a distinguished road
I have to buy my console...

Which console do you suggest me to buy? I only have the old PSX, so I haven't played many times games from the new consoles and I can't choose because they all seem good to me.
I only tell you that I like mostly playing RPGs.
I'll check this later to see if you have any ideas.

Please, help me choosing, thanks!
Old Sep 30th, 2002, 09:46 PM   #2
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
GameCube if you like adventure games...

PS2 if you like horror/shoot-em-ups...

X-BOX if you want to waster your money...

Obviously if you like RPG's, then PS2 is the best choice, since it holds a good holding of Squaresoft.
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:14 AM   #3
GaseousSnake
Ancient Wisdom

GaseousSnake is on a distinguished road
Get the ps2 it has alot of RPGs.

But if you want a very strong(and i mean strong lineup)go for the GC.

"Make ma feel it make me feel alive again"
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 02:13 PM   #4
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
My suggestion would be a PS2. that was the first one I bought after PSX. Final Fantasy X is the best game I have ever played, I think. And then there's Kingdom Hearts and some other RPG's coming around. Good luck in your choice

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:54 PM   #5
AudioBoxer
Banned Member

AudioBoxer is on a distinguished road
PS2 all the way!!!
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:48 PM   #6
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Arrow Well...

You Want Games?. You Want LOTS Of Games. You Want Lots Of Games With Different Genre? You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games?

There Is Only One ANSWER.

PLAYSTATION2
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake
You Want Games?. You Want LOTS Of Games. You Want Lots Of Games With Different Genre? You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games?

There Is Only One ANSWER.

PLAYSTATION2
Um, yeah, like what he said. But no seriously, PS2 really is the console you should get if you're into RPGs and want to explore different genres since this console has basically everything.
If it was a cross between the GC and Xbox, I'd say the GC. I own an Xbox and so far, there isn't that many good games on it...only two that I'm interested in and one that I'm waiting for in the future.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:35 PM   #8
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
Final Fantasy X is the best game I have ever played, I think.
You haven't played too many games, have you?
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:43 PM   #9
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana

You haven't played too many games, have you?
Quote:
You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? - GameCube, Square's Q-Fund is going to make games for NGC now.

You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? - Starfox Adventures; Supre Mario Sunshine

You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? - Waverace: Blue Storm; F-ZERO GC (Coming soon)

You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? - Metroid Prime; Too Human (2nd Quarter 2003)

You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games? - NCAA Football 2003; Madden 2003

There is only one answer

Nintendo GameCube

I can defend GameCube forever!
Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:30 PM   #10
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Ok if you like RPG's the ps2 is the system to get right now.Its got the largest selection availble and has some real great quality games.The xbox is just now hitting its stride and is coming out or will be coming out with some dazzling games.Look for Star Wars Kotor later on.The GC on the other hand doesn't have much to offer yet.Its got some big titles,star fox,mario,RE but theres not to much more until later this year and earlier next year.But if you want something now that will give you great joy get a ps2.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 09:51 AM   #11
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You Want Lots Of Excellent RPG's? - GameCube, Square's Q-Fund is going to make games for NGC now.

You Want Lots Of Mind Blowing Adventure Games? - Starfox Adventures; Supre Mario Sunshine

You Want Lots Of TOP Notch Racing Games? - Waverace: Blue Storm; F-ZERO GC (Coming soon)

You Want Lots Of Amazing First Person Shooters? - Metroid Prime; Too Human (2nd Quarter 2003)

You Want Really COOL Extreme Sports Games? - NCAA Football 2003; Madden 2003

There is only one answer

Nintendo GameCube

I can defend GameCube forever!

Well all those games are good picks, but remember that NCAA Football and Madden 2003 are not Extreme Sports. Extreme, is MX Superfly, Tony Hawk, 3 and 4, Dave Mirra BMX, just to name a few. There are so many descent titles in that area for PS2. I'm not sure how you compair a racing game like Waveracer to a game like GT3 and Mario to GTA3 though.

So although you made a good point on some Gamecube upcomming games and some of what if offers, I still have to say PS2 is the way to go......for now.

The Magic Is Coming!
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:29 AM   #12
MakgSnake

Talking Just The 2 Of Us!.!

Quote:

I Could Have Noted Down All The OTHER Titles U Wrote, And Could Have Defended Them!.!

But HOLD On A Second!.! Square's Q-Fund Is GOING To Make Games, HAVE THEY?......... The Guy Wants To PLAY The GAME As Soon As HE Brings Home HIS CONSOLE!.! NOT WAIT For TWO YEARS To Play A Freaking GAME!.! And WHATEVER Comes On GC, I Seriously Dont Think It Would MATCH Up With "FFX" And Upcoming "FFXI" FFXII", And Already Released Games Like "Kingdom Hearts".

As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.! (But Hey Its Ure Opinion. So Its COOL) But Phhaallleeeaasseee.....Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.!
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:47 PM   #13
XboxKiller

XboxKiller is on a distinguished road
Re: Just The 2 Of Us!.!

Quote:

I Could Have Noted Down All The OTHER Titles U Wrote, And Could Have Defended Them!.!

But HOLD On A Second!.! Square's Q-Fund Is GOING To Make Games, HAVE THEY?......... The Guy Wants To PLAY The GAME As Soon As HE Brings Home HIS CONSOLE!.! NOT WAIT For TWO YEARS To Play A Freaking GAME!.! And WHATEVER Comes On GC, I Seriously Dont Think It Would MATCH Up With "FFX" And Upcoming "FFXI" FFXII", And Already Released Games Like "Kingdom Hearts".

As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.! (But Hey Its Ure Opinion. So Its COOL) But Phhaallleeeaasseee.....Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.!

damn right. look at mario and gta vice city. anyways gc is good but if you want to stick with the best it has to be
PLAYSTATION2. trust me it has a ton of differnt rpg's not like the xbox and gc thats only have like two or four.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:46 PM   #14
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
The Guy Wants To PLAY The GAME As Soon As HE Brings Home HIS CONSOLE!.!
I missed the part in his post that says: "Hey guys, I want a system than I can bring home and immediately start playing RPG's"

Quote:
Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.!
And why not? Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures are as good, if not better than "GTA3", "Devil May Cry", and "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Whatever."

Now, I'm not accusing you of anything, but your posts make you sound like a typical fanboy...

Quote:
As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.!
I make you laugh? You're the one who's comments are hillarious. All the games you mentioned are shootem-ups, and I'm not exactly sure what genre GTA3 comes in.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:57 PM   #15
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Look at the RPG's comin out...Legaia Duel Saga, Suidoken III, FF XI and XII, Xenosaga, Wild Arms III, Grandia Xtreme, Breath of Fire V etc.

You like RPG's eh? Option the PS2.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:58 PM   #16
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

If you like beautiful graphics, I still reccomend buying a GC, just wait for Square games to come out for it.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:32 PM   #17
MakgSnake

Talking Ooh Ok.. Ooh Ok.. Ooh Ok..

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what genre GTA3 comes in.
U Dont KNow?....... Damn, U Shouldn't Be SPEAKING At All Then!.!

And No..... Mario Dumshine And StarFox Does Not Come Close Devil May Cry / Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty.

And Again U KEEP SAYING "Just Wait Till Square Games".. Damn Man. Why Wait. When He CAN PLAY "FFX" And "Kingdom Hearts" Right Away.

And That Square Q-Fund. .. Might Make Some Nice Games. But FINAL FANTASY (The BEST RPG FRANSHISE) Is Playstation Exclusive!.! Sim (POLE)
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:41 PM   #18
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Re: Ooh Ok.. Ooh Ok.. Ooh Ok..

Quote:

And No..... Mario Dumshine And StarFox Does Not Come Close Devil May Cry / Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty.

And Again U KEEP SAYING "Just Wait Till Square Games".. Damn Man. Why Wait. When He CAN PLAY "FFX" And "Kingdom Hearts" Right Away.

And That Square Q-Fund. .. Might Make Some Nice Games. But FINAL FANTASY (The BEST RPG FRANSHISE) Is Playstation Exclusive!.! Sim (POLE)

Makg please dont be so based.Those games mario and star fox are incredibly good and very in depth.Makg play games not systems (Blackthornn quote).ZOE just buy a system for what you want.You want a great source of RPG's get a ps2.If your interested in a system beside it i would suggest getting the xbox first mainly because we know what games are coming and its titles are going to be strong.GC wont get a great selection of big titles until atleast summer of next year.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM   #19
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
Oooh... nice comeback there MakgSnake. I'm just going to hide in my little corner now....

Quote:
You reserve the right to judge this because...?

Quote:
Must I quote you or myself again? This person is not saying "I must play an RPG as soon as I get a system"

Quote:
Again, another fanboy comment. And how are you going to say that Q-FUND "might" make some nice games. If you like FF, then you should expect a wonderful game for GC, or is there some kind of conspiracy that Square might do a half-assed job for the company that they originally used to work for?

'Nuffsaid.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:56 PM   #20
MakgSnake

Thumbs up NOWAY!.!

Huh?...... He Says Hes Intrested In RPGs..... Oh So I CANT SAY... Play RPGs Right Away With Ure SYSTEM, Unless He Writes It Down?...

And Halo Man, Those Games Might Be GOOD. For The SYSTEM Like GC. But When Compared On An OverAll Bases. They Dont MATCH!.!

And Q-Fund, May Make Good Games. Not Everybody Is ALWAYS Perfect!.! U Should BE Know That Iguana.

Whatever Q-Fund Makes. It'll Never Be Final Fantasy. So Final Fantasy Will Never Come On GC. Atleast For The Time Being!.!

And LOL.......At That "What A ComeBack".........Damn, Dumb!.!