Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 02:03 AM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Kill Bill Vol. 2: Your Thoughts?

Well, I saw Vol. 2 on Monday and I have to say that I felt it was a good ending and overall a good film, but there were some things that could've been better.

PROS:
- Elle and "Bride" fight was definitely the best fight out of both films. The first film with O-Ren Ishii/Lucy Lui was not that good, IMO. Plus, the massive battle at the restaurant in the first film was a bit too long and uneccessary as well. So, I really like this fight in the second film. And Elle was excellent...such a badass and a total bitch...you gotta love her.

- The ending was good. Kinda sad, sweet, ended well...

CONS:
-...but was done poorly, IMO. Here's why I didn't like it that much: Throughout both films, the whole thing was nearly emphasized on the Hattori Hanzo sword, which are supposed to be the best swords ever made. However, in the end
Spoiler: show
Beatrice basically uses the Five-Point Punch-thing to kill Bill. The swords were hardly used at all! Why do the whole build-up of such a magnificent sword if Beatrice never even uses it to actually kill Bill? I mean, Hanzo vowed never to make another sword ever again but he makes one for the Bride so she can have her revenge. But, it wasn't used at all...it was as if the sword is just so great to be a prized possession but not really for anything physical.

- Okay, that whole Pai-Mei thing was overdone. I mean...what the hell was that? What's with the whole "zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out" on the face at every moment? In the actual Hong Kong martial arts films, they don't even do it that much! The whole "zooming in" thing is only used for dramatic moments or when something great or hidden meaning has been achieved. But in this film, it was at everything that the Bride did or everything he said! And the flipping the beard thing....a bit much. Otherwise, this part was okay...with the Bride training and all that. And the eating part was very, very good (
when Thurman was trying to eat with the chopsticks and couldn't and Pai Mei told her to eat like a human if she's a human
).

Anyway, that's about it for my thoughts. The second film was much better regarding story...the first was a bit better in action (however...asking Lucy Liu to play the Japanese role when she isn't even Japanese was a total turnoff. Plus, she really can't act, IMO. So, the fight/conversation between her and Thurman was not as honorable as it should've been).

What did you guys think of the second film?

BTW, for those who are interested, I found out that the Japanese version of "Kill Bill Vol. 1" is a bit longer and in full color! Apparently, some fights in the US version had to be in black and white, otherwise the rating would've been an NC-17(?) rating instead of rated R.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 02:47 AM   #2
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
It was good that the first kill bill came out on DVD 3 days before the movie. After seeing kill bill 1 i saw kill bill vol. 2 opening day

I thought this was VERY good i still perfered the frist one for more action (i cant help it,samurai swords are fun to watch) But the fight with Elle was fun to watch as well. But in the acting department the actor who shined for me in this was micheal madsen as budd/sidewinder. Every movie i have seen him in micheal madsen's just great.
Then for the thing with pai mei....personally i think quentin was poking fun since i was laughing at all the over the top "zoom in and outs" and with pai mei touching his beard was kind of funny but stupid to me at the same time.

But what i do completely argee with you on meryl is.
The fight with bill was VERY disapointing for me. I mean hanzo vowed to never make a sword ever again. He makes it for the bride and she doesnt even USE it on bill? i mean i wasnt expecting something flashy but all i saw was bill's chest getting sqeezed or something. For a badguy like bill i thought the bride would of wanted to tear him a new one with her sword.

But overall i like the frist one just a smidge more then the second one. They are both great and both films i want to add to my DVD collection. But i just thought the big crazy 88 fight in kill bill vol. 1 was just excellent. (plus i thought the anime squence in kill bill 1 was great too)
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:40 PM   #3
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Myself personally i freaking loved this movie....i like it better than the first as far as story and character development... and i like the first better as in more blood shed.. they are the same movie yet different and i like them both a lot for different reasons each.. they compliment eachother very nicely.. so far my tally is upto 3 times seein this one... and i own vol 1 dvd.. so i am all good to go.. it is very entertaining and i hope more people get to go out and see this flick.. ROCK ON!

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:58 PM   #4
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
i thought kill bill volume 2 was EXCELLENT!!!! omg, the pai mei scenes were so good, i loved the zoom ins n outs. meryl have u seen the other quentin tarantino movies? because, some people though the scenes were ridiculous, but thats jsut because tarantino's movies are always diferent then the rest
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:45 AM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer
i thought kill bill volume 2 was EXCELLENT!!!! omg, the pai mei scenes were so good, i loved the zoom ins n outs. meryl have u seen the other quentin tarantino movies? because, some people though the scenes were ridiculous, but thats jsut because tarantino's movies are always diferent then the rest
Yes I have seen other Tarantino films (Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, From Dusk Till Dawn) and when I was referring to the Pai Mei scenes, it's because in Asian films, they do zooming in and out, but not so over the top. The rest of the movie regarding "zooming in and out" were fine (such as the close up on the faces of Thurman and Hannah during the Elle/Bride fight) but in particular the Pai Mei was ridiculous.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 07:07 PM   #6
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
i thought pai mei was awesome.... "ridiculously" awesome