Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Aug 29th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
Seperate the hate from Church and State

As many fo you probably know around the U.S many religious representtations are being removed from government buildings such as Courtrooms. Recently ive noticed many incidents on the news and just kind of wondered how you guys all feel. I know this is somethign that can get heated but i am confident that with my new and improved attitude and the high maturity level that weve maintained here at PS2fantasy for so long , we will be able to have a good healthy discussion on it and exaplin our points of view without offendin one an other. So here my take

Im siding with the federal governement on this one. How would you feel as a christian walking into a courthouse that will decide your fate and passing the pillars of islam on your way. Or walking between two massive statues of Budhha as you enter the courtroom. Or consider this,... "Sattanism" is considered a religion in technical terms. How would you as a christain react to say, a massive statue of Satan infront of the court house that reads "Welcome your Dark Lord". Seem farfetched ? Yes it does but the federal governements stance is to be absolutely void of Religious preference in any way shape or from. And by slapping a statue of the ten commandments infront of your builsinds you are certainly violating that

I say let the statue go somewhere more appropriate. In a church maybe where it would be better served. I myself dont belive in a religion at the moment. But the fact that so many christain supporters are attacking the governement and calling them Evil Athiests offend me. I consider myself an athiest for the time being. I belive that athiest's are one of the largest and most descriminated against minoritys in the U.S. Beyond the internet I wont even admit to being an athiest to many christians becuase immediatly you will fall from thir good graces. Or just become a target for conversion. Not all athiests are evil peope, without morals, but i know thats how many christians think. I stand behind my governemnt in this endever* . I just wanted to see how you all felt. Maybe of you being christians yourselves

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #2
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
I agree with what the government is doing. It really does not make much of a difference in my opinion. Taking down the 10 commandments is just changing the appearance of the building. It would be like your mother making you take down a poster of a woman in a bikini because your grandmother was coming over. All it does is change the appearance. But because of Freedom of Religion it should have never gone up in the first place.

And if you think Atheists have it bad you should talk to a Jewish person. All religions have had it rough at one time or another. They have had it bad forever.

Of course Christians are going to give Atheists a hard time. A Christian walks through life bound with morals because of the promise of heaven and fear of hell. What then keeps a non believer bound to morals?

P.S. Endeavor is spelt like that. Looked like you wanted to know

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #3
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I dunno, as long as they don't have something from just 1 one religion up all over the place. I'm christian, but I wouldn't go so far to say that atheists are bad people. But it's not like I'm christian by choice, usually it's that you're born into a christian family and that's how it is for me. So, I'm not like one of those christians that live and will die by the Bible but I still got some of those morals.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote