Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:26 PM   #1
Aubrey McFatum

Aubrey McFatum is on a distinguished road
Question Gaming and you

What are the best things in games? Why do you play them? Why do you enjoy a good videogame? Do you think your life would be the same without gaming?

Do you believe in God?
The question is does God believe in me?

Aubrey McFatum
Aubrey McFatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 01:58 AM   #2
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
What I like best in videogames is the learningcurve, the feeling you get from mastering a game and in case of fighting games completely dominate in a fight.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 01:58 AM   #3
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
the best things in game is the feeling that you get when you are wayyyyyyyyyy into them, like resident evil 4 with the surround sound hooked up and way loud . I play them because on my days off, my friends study, so i have nothing better to do. i enjoy them because it gives me something to do. without gaming life would be a just a little bit more boring, because music takes up most of my life. oh and work.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I like creativity in games, and good development. Like in a good movie or book, I like a game that's expression of something, being this a creative view of a single person or a team. On the other hand I also like the relaxation factor of many games. When you're stressed or simply want to focus on something else that has nothing to do with you, games can be very effective.
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I like gaming for the fun factor. Simple as that

Last edited by Hylas; Oct 24th, 2006 at 01:29 PM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #6
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Videogames represent a crucible in a sense, from which different mediums of entertainment are collected and melted together to form an enjoyable experiance.
There's Literature,Art,Music,Technology..the key ingredient though is the interactivity with this unique medium. Innovation is a key factor too, and is just as important if not more than the technology that fuels the industry.

I enjoy this medium moreso than television. The interactivity is a huge part of why that is. Also it's very interesting to see how Japanese and Western cultures influence the characteristics imbedded within their contributions to the progression of this medium.

As for my life being the same, i don't think it would. I would most certainly have more money on hand for starters.

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #7
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Mass
Videogames represent a crucible in a sense, from which different mediums of entertainment are collected and melted together to form an enjoyable experiance.
There's Literature,Art,Music,Technology..the key ingredient though is the interactivity with this unique medium. Innovation is a key factor too, and is just as important if not more than the technology that fuels the industry.

I enjoy this medium moreso than television. The interactivity is a huge part of why that is. Also it's very interesting to see how Japanese and Western cultures influence the characteristics imbedded within their contributions to the progression of this medium.

As for my life being the same, i don't think it would. I would most certainly have more money on hand for starters.
Pretty much how I feel, but explained far better then I ever could.

I've enjoyed videogames since I was three on an NES, it instantly sparked something in me and has had me hooked ever since. Television, movies, music etc. have not gripped me in a way that videogames have, in everything else I'm a casual fan I own a few DVD movies I like (like Se7en, first DVD I ever bought in like three years. But I mostly own anime DVDs.), own a few CD's of bands I like, and watch a few series on TV I like. But for videogames my interest and excitement for it is huge and I have very many genre of games spanning from consoles such as DS, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GC, GBA. Hell I still even have my dreamcast, which is something I never will sell, I'd regret it too much. My interest in games has not waned since day one and enjoy it just as much the first day I picked up a controller.

Without videogames my life wouldn't be ruined or dull, that's just overly dramatic but I'm not sure if I would find something that interests and appeals to me on such a deep level. It's a great hobby and I don't regret it one bit the only down side is that it makes me broke as a joke.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I like the escapism of games, like sims which I'm a big fan of, I get to be someone else, live a different life...
and usually buy things I could never afford in real life

I like playing GTA so I can release the rage in me

Gaming is also a way to experience something I could never do in real life.... like Quidditch for example

I just love it in so many ways.

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM   #9
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
I like gaming because it makes me feel good. Whenever I play I have a good time and while I'm playing I can relax and think about all sort of things. If I'm a bit worried, gaming is great because it reduces the tension. If the game has a good story, then I like to take part in it and follow it closely. When I finish a good game I feel fine as after watching a good movie and it makes me happy. I think my life is better thanks to gaming.
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #10
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Video games are extremely fun, but looking back at my life, I wish I had played video games much less, there are way cooler and more fulfilling things out there to do, which I have learned in the last couple of years. I believe that if you spend more than 30% of your free time in video games, you need to socialize quite a bit more and get a life. I say it because of my own experiences.

But answering the thread's question, depending on the game, there are different things accomplished:

-Playing a RPG is like reading an audiovisual book where I actually participate, how freaking awesome is that.
-Racing games (specially like Burnout 4) provide some instant, fast paced entertainment
-FPS allow me to enjoy the fun of combat and war without actually having to suffer the horrible consequences of the real thing, but I must admit that it is probably when playing these games when I get pissed the most when I fail the missions, die, etc.
-Fighting games: probably my all time favorite genre, I have dreamed of being a martial artist since I was little, sensations while playing these games are very similar to those when playing a FPS, I have a higher sense of accomplishment and success when I master all the moves of my chosen characters and every time I am able to pull out a new special, super special, combo, etc.

And then God created Metal Gear Solid.

Last edited by Frozen; Nov 8th, 2006 at 07:58 AM..
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #11
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen

And then God created Metal Gear Solid.
amen.

i love gaming for the fact it allows me to do things i cant do and get away with in real life.. it affords me opprotunities to do things i never could in real life.. its fun.. its great fun to be able to be SOOOO good at a game and not have anyone beat you... i love the stories/characters.. graphics... and well just the people you meet because of it. gamers are a rare breed of people and for the most part very enjoyable to converse with.

and DOA xtrememe beach volleyball is the greatest invention in history.. the 'coin bikini'.. MMmmmmm

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #12
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
For good storyline, awesome voice overs, and deep meaninful characters that I can actually imagine in real world (even if they are fictional). Graphics blow me away too, while playing Resident Evil 4, alot of times I actually put my controller down, and just looked at the backgrounds while eating my mac and cheese, it just a beautiful view of some sort.

And last but not the least.... for MULTIPLAYER. I love LANS, XBOX LIVE, and just playing with true gamers at heart. A good competition just makes my day.

Without VideoGames.....I have no clue what I would do...probably go crazy, and I am not even joking about that. VideoGames are in my blood at this point. Its really bad..........that I cant live my life without them....or thinking about them. My girlfriend / family / even gaming friends get annoyed by my love for games at times.

The ability to interact with a beautiful worlds and characters...... simply amazing!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #13
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen
Video games are extremely fun, but looking back at my life, I wish I had played video games much less, there are way cooler and more fulfilling things out there to do, which I have learned in the last couple of years. I believe that if you spend more than 30% of your free time in video games, you need to socialize quite a bit more and get a life. I say it because of my own experiences.
Agreed. Caused me to miss out on quite a few things, but "shrugs"

I don't really play too many games these days because I'm not getting the satisfaction I'm looking for. (That satisfaction mainly being able to play Ninja Gaiden.... Brother sold his Xbox, and I have no job.... >_<)

Only time I really play games is to take out some anger. Those type of games being action, fps, and fighting.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote