Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Feb 9th, 2003, 05:22 AM   #1
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Tactics Glitch

A few months ago, when I started playing FFTactics again, I experienced a weird yet pretty damn cool glitch that has baffled me to this day. Here's how it went:

Starting a new game, I renamed Ramza as Sparda (being a DMC nut at the time) and went through the usual set up screen and what not, when, to my surprise, a priest-looking figure (which was in fact a chracter in the game itself, forgot who it was tho) replaced Ramza's sprite. So, as I entered the first battle, I found that his stats were already at 999/999 which would've been a huge advantage at the beginning of the game, but there was one major drawback- all the damn guy could do was "Throw Stone". That's it. However, it did do some decent damage at the time.

When going to his stats from the map menu, I found that the game froze everytime I tried to switch his job or learn a new ability; realizing that he was forever stuck with Throw Stone. Anyway, this went on for another 15 hours into the game when finally, my game data became corrupted.

So, has anyone here expereinced a similar or worse glitch? I was truly awed at how it had happen (and no, it's not the name- tried again a few times to no avail) and had not previously messed up the game with any codes from GameShark or other cheating devices. Thoughts?
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #2
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like something from the twilight zone. Hmmm, I thought at first it might be the name and then you said you tried it again and the saem thing didn't happen. Had you played the game before? If so, why don't you tell us what else you had done.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM   #3
Sword 4 Hire
Retired...

Sword 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Wow that glitch sounds awesome
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #4
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Sounds like something from the twilight zone. Hmmm, I thought at first it might be the name and then you said you tried it again and the saem thing didn't happen. Had you played the game before? If so, why don't you tell us what else you had done.
Ya...I played it before, and it played pretty much on how it was supposed to be played. That's why I was damn shocked to see such a big glitch, too bad it was short lived.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #5
sk8er_kyle
Rocker

sk8er_kyle is on a distinguished road
My FFtactics is messed up. It doesnt even work on my ps2. I got it to work a few times but it alwys freezes. Thats the only FF game I own that i havent beaten. All because it doesn't work.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #6
IcyMourdor
Cream Puff

IcyMourdor is on a distinguished road
I have never heard anything like this. I guess anything can happen though. I always rename my Ramza and have never had a problem with it. Maybe it is just that copy of the game you have.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #7
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
either way, its a kick ass glitch
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #8
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSphere
When going to his stats from the map menu, I found that the game froze everytime I tried to switch his job or learn a new ability; realizing that he was forever stuck with Throw Stone. Anyway, this went on for another 15 hours into the game when finally, my game data became corrupted.
Don't you just hate memory cards? I think it's FF games though. I was playing FFVII a couple days ago and got to a boss and died When I went to load the file up it was corrupted so I tried a save that was about forty minutes behind and that was corrupted! In FFVIII I was 30 hours into the game and that save got corrupted (the other 2 saves for that game were 10 hours behind) so I never beat the game. In FFIX I got a corrupted file but the other save I had was only an hour behind and it worked. But I made sure that I saved at least 3 different files every time I saved. I had continuous problems with that game. I never had problems with Tactics or any other games.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 11:41 AM   #9
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
What kind of memory card do you use? and How long have you had it? I only had one of those Madcatz cards with the multiple memory cards and data got corrupted not too long after having it, but I used to use cheat codes. It wasn't until my dad got a PS2 that I ahd to get a normal one made by SONY. Anyway, it wasn't just FF files it was oyther RPG files as well(Grandia, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger). I found if I copied files to another memory card they would work. Maybe your memory card is too old.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:41 AM   #10
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Don't you just hate memory cards? I think it's FF games though. I was playing FFVII a couple days ago and got to a boss and died When I went to load the file up it was corrupted so I tried a save that was about forty minutes behind and that was corrupted! In FFVIII I was 30 hours into the game and that save got corrupted (the other 2 saves for that game were 10 hours behind) so I never beat the game. In FFIX I got a corrupted file but the other save I had was only an hour behind and it worked. But I made sure that I saved at least 3 different files every time I saved. I had continuous problems with that game. I never had problems with Tactics or any other games.
Another time with me was also for FF9, the last point before you fight Necron. I had already beaten the game the other day but just wanted to play the battle again for nostalgia's sake; when it got corrupted. Pissed me off to...I had no back-up saves for that one. Never played 9 since.

And at the time, I was using some third-party memory card (forgot which company) but had no problems until that unfortunate moment.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 09:51 PM   #11
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
What kind of memory card do you use? and How long have you had it? I only had one of those Madcatz cards with the multiple memory cards and data got corrupted not too long after having it, but I used to use cheat codes. It wasn't until my dad got a PS2 that I ahd to get a normal one made by SONY. Anyway, it wasn't just FF files it was oyther RPG files as well(Grandia, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger). I found if I copied files to another memory card they would work. Maybe your memory card is too old.
Well I the one I used recently was a performance memory card. I bought it in a 2 pack that cost only $15.00. The other memory card I had was an official brand but it was faulty too. I have an official one and a Mad Catz one for my PS2 and they have worked fine. I still make sure my important files (Like Franchises and RPGS) are backed up.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote