Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Sports And Racing

Old Jan 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Drafter-T is on a distinguished road
Nascar 2006??

I'm big into NASCAR, but NASCAR 2005 was a huge disappointment to me. I even wound up selling it. Saw the other day where EA is coming out with NASCAR Sim for the PC and it looks interesting. 43 human racers online! Holy crap!

Anybody know what EA might be planning for a PS2 version this year? I seriously doubt we'll see 43 human racers, not even sure I want to see that, lol, but is EA going to get the NASCAR game back on track this year? I sure hope so...
Drafter-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 01:15 AM   #2
FATT47
Ridin Low

FATT47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drafter-T
I'm big into NASCAR, but NASCAR 2005 was a huge disappointment to me. I even wound up selling it. Saw the other day where EA is coming out with NASCAR Sim for the PC and it looks interesting. 43 human racers online! Holy crap!

Anybody know what EA might be planning for a PS2 version this year? I seriously doubt we'll see 43 human racers, not even sure I want to see that, lol, but is EA going to get the NASCAR game back on track this year? I sure hope so...
I actually saw the NASCAR version for the PC, not this one ya mention, but the regular newest version.
It was ok, I've gotten away from playin games much on my pute, sittin at the desk lookin at my 19" monitor and usin the keyboard and or mouse just aint comfortable enough for these bones.
The PS2 scenario is much more low key IMO.

EA aint on my list of game producers I'm to thrilled about right now, they blew it big time with the 2005 NASCAR game IMO, like ya said, I was very disappointed and it aint on my shelf no mo.
FATT47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #3
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATT47
I actually saw the NASCAR version for the PC, not this one ya mention, but the regular newest version.
It was ok, I've gotten away from playin games much on my pute, sittin at the desk lookin at my 19" monitor and usin the keyboard and or mouse just aint comfortable enough for these bones.
The PS2 scenario is much more low key IMO.

EA aint on my list of game producers I'm to thrilled about right now, they blew it big time with the 2005 NASCAR game IMO, like ya said, I was very disappointed and it aint on my shelf no mo.
Yeah, I'm not big into PC gaming anymore either, but the only reason I brought EA's NASCAR Sim game up was because it looks to me like it could be a preview of what's to come with the 2006 PS2 version.

If they'd just put the handling of the Cup cars back like it was in NT2004 and tone down that grudges feature (or get rid of it) and make the AI smarter racers, that will satisfy me. I hope they keep the Trucks and Modifieds though. That was pretty cool.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 01:23 AM   #4
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not big into PC gaming anymore either, but the only reason I brought EA's NASCAR Sim game up was because it looks to me like it could be a preview of what's to come with the 2006 PS2 version.

If they'd just put the handling of the Cup cars back like it was in NT2004 and tone down that grudges feature (or get rid of it) and make the AI smarter racers, that will satisfy me. I hope they keep the Trucks and Modifieds though. That was pretty cool.
Yeah, when I saw the game on my friends PC we didn't go online with it so I don't know about all those online numbers, 43 racers I think, that must be some server if it's playable.

Dunno, I doubt we ever see more then 6 or 8 racers with the PS2, maybe when the PS3 comes out we might get more, IMO the PS2 online games need to move forward and get some butt kickin servers fired up, with all the money they're makin off these games they surely can afford some screamin servers.

Hey, what's with that Gils thing in the avatar area?
What's that for?
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #5
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Yeah, when I saw the game on my friends PC we didn't go online with it so I don't know about all those online numbers, 43 racers I think, that must be some server if it's playable.

Dunno, I doubt we ever see more then 6 or 8 racers with the PS2, maybe when the PS3 comes out we might get more, IMO the PS2 online games need to move forward and get some butt kickin servers fired up, with all the money they're makin off these games they surely can afford some screamin servers.

Hey, what's with that Gils thing in the avatar area?
What's that for?
Actually, this new EA Sim game comes out next month, so maybe you saw this years version?

I'm not sure I'd want 43 racers, but it's good in theory I guess. I can see how some people could take advantage of it, but for most of us, I doubt we want to wait for 43 racers to show up.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll see that many for the PS2, especially like you say, the way the current servers seem to have so much lag.

I think the Gils allow you to play in the arcade that's in the top menu bar. Not sure how you accumulate them though.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #6
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Actually, this new EA Sim game comes out next month, so maybe you saw this years version?

I'm not sure I'd want 43 racers, but it's good in theory I guess. I can see how some people could take advantage of it, but for most of us, I doubt we want to wait for 43 racers to show up.

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll see that many for the PS2, especially like you say, the way the current servers seem to have so much lag.

I think the Gils allow you to play in the arcade that's in the top menu bar. Not sure how you accumulate them though.
Oh yeah, I thougth I mentioned the verision I played was the last one not this one.
For 43 players to be in a race I would think they have to have joined some race league or somethin, ya know like have a schedule of times and tracks that will be raced so gamers can line up the time set aside, waitin to get 43 online just waitin around would be hard to do IMO

For me, 6 to 8 racers is good, if they're all about equal the racin can be very good.

Ah, I didn't see the arcade thang, I'll check it out.
Thanks
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM   #7
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
Oh yeah, I thougth I mentioned the verision I played was the last one not this one.
For 43 players to be in a race I would think they have to have joined some race league or somethin, ya know like have a schedule of times and tracks that will be raced so gamers can line up the time set aside, waitin to get 43 online just waitin around would be hard to do IMO

For me, 6 to 8 racers is good, if they're all about equal the racin can be very good.

Ah, I didn't see the arcade thang, I'll check it out.
Thanks
Now that I look at it, I guess you did mention that about what version you saw, LOL. What, do you expect me to actually read these messages before I reply to them?

It's hard for me to even imagine 43 human racers online, lol. But, yeah it would almost have to be in a league of some sort to get that many.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #8
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
Now that I look at it, I guess you did mention that about what version you saw, LOL. What, do you expect me to actually read these messages before I reply to them?

It's hard for me to even imagine 43 human racers online, lol. But, yeah it would almost have to be in a league of some sort to get that many.
LOL, I thought I had mentioned it, but I figured ya were just blowin off the the old man had to say

When I played that other version on my friends pute, it was ok, but to tell ya the truth I never have liked the looks of the PC type games comparin em to the PS2 looks.
Dunno, the ease of playin PS games and bein comfortable is hard not to get use to.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 10:56 PM   #9
Drafter-T
Dialed In

Quote:
LOL, I thought I had mentioned it, but I figured ya were just blowin off the the old man had to say

When I played that other version on my friends pute, it was ok, but to tell ya the truth I never have liked the looks of the PC type games comparin em to the PS2 looks.
Dunno, the ease of playin PS games and bein comfortable is hard not to get use to.
It seems PC games don't necessarily transfer to PS2 like they should anyway, in my experience.

I just posted a thread where I said I prefer to play road course games, but I would definitely love to see a good NASCAR sim for PS2 and I hope EA can come thru with that this year. Since they own exclusive rights to NASCAR, they are our only hope, unfortunately, lol.

The ease of playing PS2 games is definitely a plus, but the PC options seem to out weigh the PS2 options as far as downloadable content goes. Hopefully the PS2 will move in that direction soon. It will probably have to be with the PS3 though, since we have such small memory cards and the HDD is not supported very well, so far.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 02:42 PM   #10
FATT47
Ridin Low

Quote:
It seems PC games don't necessarily transfer to PS2 like they should anyway, in my experience.

I just posted a thread where I said I prefer to play road course games, but I would definitely love to see a good NASCAR sim for PS2 and I hope EA can come thru with that this year. Since they own exclusive rights to NASCAR, they are our only hope, unfortunately, lol.

The ease of playing PS2 games is definitely a plus, but the PC options seem to out weigh the PS2 options as far as downloadable content goes. Hopefully the PS2 will move in that direction soon. It will probably have to be with the PS3 though, since we have such small memory cards and the HDD is not supported very well, so far.
Like I always say, each monkey to their own rope LOL, I've always been more of a road course fan myself, I guess it comes with my messin with Go-Karts and radio controlled 1/8 scale gas road cars some in my younger days.

I agree totally, PC games are capable of more in debth games, it's just not condusive anymore for me to not be comfortable LOL

IMO I think if the game producers would get rid of all the garbage they put in a game, all the bells and whistles that sim racers don't need we could today be enjoyin better racin games, the arcade stuff always included is what eats up the memory IMO.
The HDD's are toast I think, the new skinny PS2 I got wont even support it so if ya have a PS2 of the old ventage with an HDD and it goes in the toilet the HDD is gone also, I think.

When the PS3 comes out I bet it has some sort of mega memory card or somethin, somethin that can get info and upgrades off of the net to add into your game.
Things will get better no doubt