Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 12:12 PM   #381
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Ive bought a bunch of quality ps2 titles, but am currently playing Yakuza, quite a fun title by Sega that has been occupying my time. Oh, and yes, if i find a good enough deal im considering crossing over to the ps3 area of gaming. Have been checking into some deals and may well come up with something between now and the end of the year... There is a new 160 gig system coming out by the end of November...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #382
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Now's a pretty damn good time to jump into the current generation of consoles with all the quality first/third party titles coming out lately. I know WalMart is running a deal where if you buy the 80GB system they'll give you a $100 gift card, which as deals go is not too shabby!

But I suspect Black Friday might have some killer stuff in store for consoles too, so either way I think you're not going to have too many problems finding a deal this season.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #383
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I don't know. I'm like goodman and enjoying the ps2 titles. I'm slowing tipping on getting a ps3, though, that's for sure. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm looks that good, and just the thought of Final Fantasy XIII Versus is what keeps me giving me a reason to get a ps3. (Also, lets not forget about MGS4) If only the ps3 had another price drop, perhaps I'd have a little tougher decision on which to get first.

Wii set aside, my main issue at the moment with both the 360 and ps3 is that they keep coming out with different versions and I'm losing track on what's on what. I don't play, nor do I really intend play games any online. Nor do I care about Blu Ray and HD. So, yeah, I'm not completely sold, but I am tipping towards the direction in giving in ^_^. (Once I get the money, that is.)

Anyways, for the past couple of days I was playing (and beat it) Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2. People said it's better than both the 1st and 3rd of the series. While I've never played the 3rd, I hated the 1st, so that's particularly true for the most part. I've also heard that it's better than Budokai 3... I wouldn't go that far.

While I find BT2 to be decent at best, I still hate it lol, or rather I still hate some of the features. Main one being the behind the back fighting. I cannot stand it. The camera also can be stupid.

Anyway, as I said, I beat it, and now I've went back to playing Tales of the Abyss. I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy Persona 3: FES or wait and buy Persona 4.

Last edited by Phenom; Nov 7th, 2008 at 08:21 PM..
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #384
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
Hey again everyone, been a while since I passed on whats going on my way. I have been finding myself with a lot of gaming time lately. I picked up Littlebigplanet at the first opportunity. Although the game itself is pretty easy, it is absolutely fabtastic Yes I said fabtastic, its both fabulous and fantastic. The game is great in so many ways. I have done most of my playing time with level creation. I started off going with an idea and just sorta went with it. I plan on making a bigger effort on the second 3rd part of my storyline levels, but have not taken much time with it yet.

I am still playing NHL 09 like its religion. The guys I play with decided to restart our team due to the new patch. We discovered shortly after the patch fixes that we were a much better team and could compete with every team on the list. We proved it by defeating 2 of the top 3 teams 2 days ago. We still need some work on teamplay, but our defense really helps us. We may let a lot of shots on net, but quality chances seem to be always seem to be down.

I also play Rock Band 2 with some friends online. I have not spent to much time with the World Tour stuff, mostly just playing challenges. I do believe that my game perchases will be few and far between until after christmas at this point. Mostly because I want to go back and play GTA4 again and there really isn't anything out right now that I must play today.

Well thats it from me.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #385
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
Lately I've been playing Warriors Orochi 2, Dynasty Warriors 6 and Inifinate Undiscovery when I have the time to be able to play any of them.

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #386
Phenom

I think I've played enough of Tales of the Abyss to give my final thoughts on the game. Seeing how I've finally exceeded the 100 hour mark, (and since I just recently beat the game) I officially give this game the "longest game"... That I've ever played, and I'm not done with it yet. Eldrant is the longest dungeon I've come across.

And I think I just might go ahead and head straight to the final fight (if that's possible) instead of collect the rest of these items. I just beat Sync for the last and final time. My patience has grown very thin over the last couple of hours and I'm tired of collecting stuff, lol. That's what I get for looking for games that're long.. I don't know if I want any more long games, haha.

It's been quite a blast despite my frustrations with Luke.

Story - Heh, Luke has killed what I've collected of the story, lol.. Ok, I won't blame him. I forgot almost everything, and I wasn't paying much attention anyway even though I've read almost every single skit that popped up. Nothing really sunk in. (Short attention span.)

Graphics - When it gets to the anime clips, it looks great, but I just found out that Production I.G. did the animation for the anime parts, so I expect nothing less than stellar. In-game graphics and whatnot I wasn't really impressed with it. Kind of bland compared to some of the other rpgs I've played for the ps2, but then the graphics aren't that bad either.

Characters - Everybody except Luke and Mieu was great. Luke was pretty good early on in the game. I'd say he really started pissing me off the closer I got to Akzeriuth, but he really got on my nerves after beating Van the first time. Jade and Guy are still my favorite characters along with Asch and now Tear. While I've never hated Tear at all, she's grown onto me. I've never liked Mieu from the start. It's a personal thing, don't worry about it, lol.

Audio/Music - Honestly, the only time I really paid attention to the music was while on the world map and traveling in towns. And this walkthrough I was using kept talking about this and that song during fights and boss fights. Honestly, people actually pay attention to the music in the middle of fights? Especially when things get hectic in boss fights? I had a hard time trying to focus on the music when I was fighting the God Generals because they were throwing out Arcane and Mystic Artes, and I was trying not to get myself killed. Anyhow, the world map music, I suppose sound pretty decent.

Voice work was actually pretty good. Though, there were some parts that I found myself trying to skip... Mainly when there was some extention to a word... Mieuuuuuu >_<. Kirk Thorton, I think that's his name (Jade) is really good here, but he's pretty good in majority everything I've heard him in, but I enjoyed hearing him in this. He probably has the best voice for anyone that does a lot of talking or someone that's very informative.

Luke: 69 (probably 70)
Tear: 68
Jade: 68
Guy: 67
Natalia: 65
Anise: 64 (maybe 65)

Gald: 200,000+
Encounters: 600-800+ (can't remember)
Hits: 60 (I suck, lol)

Oh yeah, even though I beat her for the final time, I still think Legretta is the scariest woman ever out of all the games I've played so far. I think she might've scarred me for life lol.

Final verdict: A

Despite Luke killing my experience and I'm a graphic whore, I still had a blast. Now that I've beaten this game, I have no intentions of playing it again. Putting up with Luke again is torture on my soul lol. (Sucks because you can't skip the scenes either.)

Now I'm gonna get back into the Metal Gears and finally start Okami soon.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #387
Phenom

I'm currently waiting for Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection and Street Fighter Alpha 3 (OLD SCHOOL.... The alpha collection was out of stock) to arrive in the mail. (Which I expect by Saturday) I've been in a mood to play the MGS games again... This time giving MGS1 a chance now, lol. And I've been dying to see a fight between Guy and Fei Long.

In the meantime I've been enjoying my time playing Okami. Me being the graphic freak that I am, I can't help but notice the work that was done in this. The calligraphy (sp?) type artwork that's done here is just too good.

I've seen reviews comparing this to Zelda (which isn't a bad thing is it?), but the only comparison I've notice so far is Issun and Navi. But then again I'm only reaching the part where I got the lily pad brush technique.

The only negative thing I have to say about this game so far is that trying to actually draw with the analog stick can be quite the task. I have a tendency to draw big when I want to draw small. I'm glad there's no consequences because of it, so it pans out in the end.

Last edited by Phenom; Nov 28th, 2008 at 07:27 AM..
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #388
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
playing CoD: WaW for xbox 360
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #389
goodman

Playing Kuon on the ps2, it has some similarities to Fatal Frame and has had my heart beating fairly good more than a few times! Should be doing some 360 very soon so will keep you all updated!!
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #390
Phenom

Since school started I haven't been putting much time into games as much as I use to even though I do have the time, I just cut back, so to speak. I've been watching more tv than playing games.

Anyway, I've been bouncing back and forth between Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Playing on the easiest difficulty, yet had the hardest, yet funnest time trying to beat Bison. Of course I blame majority of my problems on my controller lol. It's real finicky. I've beaten the game as Ryu, Ken and Akuma so far. I think I might have the toughest time trying to beat it as Guy. He's too fast for his own good, and I forgot how to play as him. I just know he's my favorite character.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - I have the Essential Collection copy, and I'm freezing the bombs on the plant. If I recall, after
Spoiler: show
meeting Vamp and Snake in that room which name escapes me at the moment
there was a codec call you would get in Sons of Liberty. And I think Rose ask if you'd want to save. On this copy, it's either been cut or I have to make the call myself... It's not important, nor is it bothersome. It's just something I noticed.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #391
Phenom

I hit a snag with my ps2, or rather, my ps2's been acting like this for quite some time now, I just never really bothered to try to do anything about it... (I did use a can of airspray, but that don't seem to be working.)

Last game I tried to play was Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I really like that game. I think it's the best rpg on the ps2. (Haven't gotten my hands on Persona 4 yet.) However, I never finished the game. I got to Ascantha, I think. Angelo was in my party.

I got... My sister got a Xbox360 from her boyfriend for christmas with 8 games.

Gears of War 2
Guilty Gears 2: Overture
Soul Calibur 4
Ninety-Nine Nights
Ninja Gaiden 2
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Enchanted Arms **

I haven't started playing anything as of yet, but I think for the next month or 2 (maybe 3) my time will be spent playing Ninja Gaiden 2 (of course). Last time I played it, I got a hold of the Scythe, but I like the Dragon's Claw and Tiger fang over it.

I'll try out Ninety-Nine Nights. Dynasty/Samurai Warriors are pretty much guilty pleasures of mine. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of playing them. Anyway, NNN looks a lot like that game, so I want to try it out.

Tales of Vesperia is a given. Despite my frustrations in a certain lead character in Tales of the Abyss, I still had a blast playing the game. I hear that the lead character in this one is way better than Luke. I haven't seen much in terms of gameplay, but I can only imagine that it's either similar or better than that of TotA.

Infinite Undiscovery is something I don't know much about. I saw a trailer. Thought it looked good. Want to try it out.

Enchanted Arms is one I'm a little iffy about. X-play said something about it, but I can't remember what it was. I just know it made me iffy.

Like I said, my ps2 hit a snag, and it's probably shot at the moment. (Warranty was already used) Not much I can really do about it either. (I'm not exactly savvy when it comes to taking electronics apart either.) I'm thinking about tossing it for some games... Mainly Zelda: Twilight Princess (Cube version), Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3, or Devil May Cry 4. We'll see when the time comes.

Last edited by Phenom; Jan 8th, 2009 at 05:46 PM..
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #392
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I have not updated in a while so here is what I have been playing.

Over Christmas break I borrowed 2 games from my friend. DC vs Mortal Kombat and Quantum of Solace (Bond). I hate fighting games with a passion, but decided to try it anyway. It wasn't bad, but I would never buy it, I just can't get into fighting games.

Bond was really fun. Its not the most detailed game by any means, but it was a good time either way. If your looking for an easy trophy game then this one is for you. I got the platinum on it and probably could have gotten it rather quickly if it wasn't for all the traveling I had to do over the break.

I still play NHL 09 like its religion. Our online team has been struggling as of late though. We have lots of new players that have not yet developed into our playing style and its been frustrating because we are a top 200 team easily and we are no where near that now. However our hockey team started up our single league this week, and I am off to a 1 - 1 start.

I also picked up Call of Duty: World at War. I tried jumping right into Veteran difficulty and am getting my butt handed to me. It is the hardest game I have ever played. I am on level 7 right now and am so frustrated with the game, I just may never play it again lol.

I am still playing BUZZ, I am going after the platinum for that game too. I am only down to a few trophies now, but they take ages to get. Not a game that you get to be a trophy junkie.

I also still play GTA4 from time to time. I already beat it once, but was planning on getting some trophies from it so I play it when I am bored of everything else.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #393
goodman

CODWAW where im lvl 55 lieutinant general. Very fun, its definitely taken all my gaming time this past 5 weeks and been quite an experience! This game has a lotta people playing it, and im glad i was able to utilize my background in the MOH series and good ole Wolfenstein. Since im new to the 360 there will be a lot to explore and since im a latecomer there are deals on games everywhere! Happy gaming all!
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:18 PM   #394
Phenom

I'm fairly new with the 360 as well, but I've had my share of playing it once before.

Upate on Ninja Gaiden 2. I just beat Elizabet, and I've reached chapter 11. I like this game a lot, but that camera is truly crazy. It gets to the point to where it's hard to tell where attacks are coming from.

The Vigoorian (sp?) Flails are my favorite weapons. They're simple to use, and can rack up on the damage, even against these big things with cannons and saws as arms..

I also just started playing Devil May Cry 4 (360 version), and I have to say that I'm truly impressed. The DMC series has been my favorite series so far, (even though I've never played DMC2, I probably will one day.) and this one is living up to my expectations. People whining about not playing as Dante as much as you play as Nero. Honestly, I really don't care. (Seems as if Nero is taking the same heat as Raiden did on MGS2) It's still pretty fun regardless.
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #395
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
I've been currently playing The Last Remnant lately. I've already completed it once and I'm now going through my second play through and I'm enjoying every minute of it

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #396
goodman

Thats good news, Soul Angel! I had purchased The Last Remnant a while back but never gotten the chance to check it out. Im still playing Fallout 3 on the 360 and about ready to look at a ps2 game called Trapt, which is based on the Deception series by Tecmo. Being a huge fan of the Deception series im very much looking forward to this game! Also am curious about the new Star Ocean The Last Hope game on the 360. Being a very big fan of the Star Ocean franchise it will be fun to check it out and i will be sure to report back here with whatever im playing!
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #397
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Currently I'm playing the following, in order of frequency from top to bottom:

-Street Fighter 4
-Tom Clancy's EndWar
-Soul Calibur 4
-MGS4
-FIFA 09

-As soon as it arrives on the mail: Tom Clancy's HAWX

All, my gamer tag is RJcaffeine, if you want to add me please send me a message so I know who it is. Hope to be able to meet you all in any of those!

Also, do any of you frequent Playstation Home?

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #398
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Currently playing "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box." Even though I finished it about 2 weeks ago, there's still some puzzles left to complete. Still annoyed at having to wait nearly 2 years for this game only to finish it in a span of several days.

But still love the game to pieces and though there weren't much improvements in terms of in-game graphics, the animation for the cutscenes have improved dramatically. The puzzles are still the cross between "Huh?" and "Arrggh!" and "That's simple!" but it's all good variety and fun.

The ending made me cry, which is embarrassing to admit but it's true. It was just so very touching...the ending theme was perfectly fitting too. Just in case anyone wants to know or wants to buy the song with the vocals, the title of the song is called "Iris" or "Shiawase no Hako" (Box of Happiness) sung by Salyu.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Sep 11th, 2009 at 10:45 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #399
Phenom

Heh, last time I actually posted in this thread my ps2 was still out of wack. Since then my ps2 has been working, but now I'm in need of a controller... (Just one problem after another with this thing.)

Before my controller decided to go out on me I was playing FFIV for the first. (I have FF Chronicles) And I believe my party is somewhere between the levels of 22-27, and that's all I remember about that.

I also have FF Anthology as well as FFIX since I've never played those games either and I wanted to try them out.

Anyway, I've been playing the mess out of Ninja Gaiden 2. I've already beaten it on Warrior. I've tried my run on Mentor and made it all the way to chapter 11, but I'm calling it quits. That game is ridiculously brutal and for someone like me, who is quick to launch a controller at my tv in a heartbeat for some of the mess that's been going on in this game, it's really not wise to go above the warrior difficulty. If you like that type of challenge by all means go for it. As for me I rather stick with the first two difficulty modes.

I'm hearing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 might be better than the regular version since it's been dumbed down a little bit, but at the same time I am also disappointed about some of the changes that I've been hearing about.

I'm still ps3-less, but I want it a lot more now than I've ever wanted before.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #400
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Currently playing "Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times" for the DS. It's like "Harry Potter" meets "Animal Crossing", the best comparison I can think of. It's actually quite fun and there are a few points in the game that makes it shine from AC. But it might come off too childish for some which probably explains the lack of sales and distribution.

I've bought and played Uncharted 2, which was good but not quite as good as the first IMO, and Assassin's Creed 2 but haven't played it yet. Heard great things about it so far so I can't wait to give it a go.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote