Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 02:46 AM   #1
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry Homosexuality.

Just trying to bring a bit more of interaction to this place I think a new debate would be nice.

Anyhow, what are your takes on homosexuals ?
Is it right or is it wrong ? Do you agree with the theory that states that some people are born naturaly " fay " ?
What do you guys think ?
Let's see some thought expression now.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 03:22 AM   #2
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Sid554 is on a distinguished road
Re: Homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mena
Just trying to bring a bit more of interaction to this place I think a new debate would be nice.

Anyhow, what are your takes on homosexuals ?
Is it right or is it wrong ? Do you agree with the theory that states that some people are born naturaly " fay " ?
What do you guys think ?
Let's see some thought expression now.

I'm not even going to touch the right or wrong issue, as this is a virtual minefield of religious zeolotry, social mores, and flat-out ignorance.
I do believe that the theory of being born gay carries some creadance, though. Think of it this way-Why would a person "decide" to be gay and be open about it if they were aware of the fact that it would force them to face widespread anger, hostility, and possible violence? This doesn't sound to me like something a sensible person would do.
But who knows? Maybe I'm totally wrong.
Sid554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:24 AM   #3
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
its not the right thing to do its against the lord.....but is there really any way you could stop them? i really dont have a problem with people that are gay if you be mean to them and pick on them. i find it mean its still a human being. i dont care if your gay,stright,bi whatever its what you want to do then fine. and one more thing its your decions in your life and i cant change it. but its something i would not want to do i will tell you that.
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:32 AM   #4
jbaseley
The Pacman

jbaseley is on a distinguished road
i dont think you should bring up topics like this becuase people like myself have very biased opinions on this issue.

check out www.gamesrus.rr.nu and go to the forums!
jbaseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:46 AM   #5
Black Heart
Mighty Captain

Black Heart is on a distinguished road
I can't see why usually people have so many things to say against homosexual or bisexual persons.
It's their personal choice and unless they act like they want to show at every cost, they must be respected for it. I don't like narcissistic persons in general, so whatever they are, also if someone is straight, I don't like to see people who want to "force" me to share their tastes or points of view. Other than that, I think they're free to choose and I don't like stupid people who use the word "gay" as an offence. As I don't like many other offences often used without thinking about it.

They're perfectly normal persons, who can have the same feelings, they same ideas, the same emotions as anybody else. Why keeping on denying this basic aspect?
Stop considering them freaks or monsters. You don't have to agree with them, but this doesn't mean they're not "normal".
Black Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:25 AM   #6
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Ice Cold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You don't have to agree with them, but this doesn't mean they're not "normal".
So you are saying that if you woke up, ate your breakfast, and told your parents you were doing to screw your best friend...you would consider this normal. You must live in a pretty hectic enviroment.

Semper Fi!
Ice Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 11:02 AM   #7
Black Heart
Mighty Captain

Black Heart is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Cold

So you are saying that if you woke up, ate your breakfast, and told your parents you were doing to screw your best friend...you would consider this normal. You must live in a pretty hectic enviroment.
I don't know what is your relationship with your parents, but I'm not homo or bi, and anyway I'm not telling them even if I'm going to screw a girl
And I don't think this is the problem and the point of the debate, sorry.
Don't quote if you're missing the point of the post in which the quotation was.
Black Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 11:09 AM   #8
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
There's nothing wrong with them. I think lesbians and gays are normal people, even if we don't share the same "tastes" regarding love and this kind of things.
I had some friends who were gay, and they were the only male persons I could talk to regarding personal problems. Maybe because they have this great sensibility, maybe because they are so gentle and don't find stupid to hear someone else's problems, and maybe because they have so much troubles in relations with others, but they were very good at listening to me and giving suggestions.
I don't think people shuold judge if they don't have a personal experience on this matter. If you do, you'll end telling crap on the basis of stupid stereotypes.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:30 PM   #9
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

BlackThornn is on a distinguished road
I'm perfectly fine with homosexuals and homosexuality. Especially when it's between two hot chicks. Or three. Bisexuality is fine by me too.

If it wasn't "right" then God wouldn't have made only certain people with that orientation. I believe that some are "born" naturally fay, but the environment in which one grows up also plays a part. There is no issue of it being right or wrong, it's nature, and therefore ordained by God, and therefore right. All these religious zealots are nothing but ignorant fools.. and the people who follow them for the most part are nothing but misguided fools.

I tell ya, I see stuff about these hate crimes on the news.. I want to go out, start a gang that does like.. counter hate crimes. Y'know.. "Trailer park put to the torch, dozens dead. Thousands of dollars worth of Beer presumed lost." or "Southern Baptist Minister found hung by the testicles, more at 11." I know this sounds a little extreme, but at least to me it makes some sense. Moreso than "Innocent kid found beaten to death with "***" carved onto chest."

What I hate though, is homosexuals who talk about "straight" people like we were the ones who were "abnormal". Not to say that homosexuals are that abnormal anymore but 'our' sexual orientation is what propagates the freakin' species. I was out clubbing with Tina (fiancee') a couple of nights ago, and we got to kissin'.. then this complete flipping fruitbasket with a lisp that made me think a cobra was next to me was all "Ewww. Take it outsssssssssside!". Meanwhile he was macking on his own little boytoy. -_- I would have liked nothing better than to have dragged that little freak outside and beaten him to a pulp, but Tina was all embarrassed and was tugging me away. Grr......

I am the Thornn in your side.

The Matrix has you.
BlackThornn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:44 PM   #10
The Rhythmosaur
Drum Disruptor

The Rhythmosaur is on a distinguished road
If I may add my humble point of view:

First, poeple who don´t want to faced such a topic, they DON´T HAVE TO. There are enough other things to talk about at this site, so what´s the heck? So leave us talking here peacefully!

Homosexual people very often had a trauma wich affected their souls somewhen in there lifes. In my eyes, they are victims, not criminals.
Telling them, it is against the Lord what they do (it is according to the bible, I know this book) brings them just in a deeper conflict to their souls.
A friend of mine is gay (I´m not) and moslem. He is deeply unhappy with this fact, because he feels unable to change it and punished by god. If ever his family or somebody gets to know about this feelings (he´s a penpal of mine) he will be socially ruined, thrown out, they would never exept him as a human being. Because of his homosexuality, he never had any sexual contact to anybody, nor a homosexual friend.

How could somebody be so cruel to tell him, he´s doing wrong because of his feelings?

If you as men woke up in a woman´s body and homosexuality was forbidden, would you kill yourselves or be abstinent all your life?

We believe in a god that has mercy. And he is the only one to know a person in an out, including his thougts. I am shure, human law or not, him allone is the one to juge about it, and he won´t punish somebody for something he is not reliable for...

But this is just MY opinion... and as somebody said above:
I might as well be totally wrong...

The Rhythmosaur
The Rhythmosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:52 PM   #11
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Against the bible.. Idunno about that.

There's something like 6 references to homosexuality at all in the bible, right..? 4 or so condemning it? Then there's something like 200 references and condemnations for heterosexuality?

I don't put any stock in the bible anyway. It was written by Men. Not God.

The Matrix has you.
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 12:57 PM   #12
The Rhythmosaur
Drum Disruptor

I don´t know if I should believe it, but some people say, god inspired the writers of the bible so they wrote his words and not their´s . Okay, Muhammed said the same as he wrote Qu´ran. But this is off topic. The are are even homosexual people who believe in it, and they really suffer. That´s the point I am aiming at.

Rhythmo
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:08 PM   #13
BlackThornn
Teacher Banzai

Unfortunately that is the case.. That should be enough proof.

God is merciful, but inattentive.. Matters after birth he doesn't intervene in.. at least that's my belief.

Since God is merciful, he wouldn't have such a devout follower and good person (hopefully) be in such pain, if it weren't right. There are different skin colors, there are different facial features, there are different sexual orientations. It's all part of the grand scheme of diversity.

The Matrix has you.
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:28 PM   #14
The Rhythmosaur
Drum Disruptor

Yes, I think, that´s right. But think about Hiob, this poor guy, that was punished for nothing just to test his faith - according to the bible. He lost everything: Wealth, women, children, house and cattle, just to prove to the devil that his faith was not to break even in such a tragedy...
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:55 PM   #15
kamari-ice

kamari-ice is on a distinguished road
This is sad.
Leave the people alone, they don't do you nothing.
Geez, this thread shouldn't exist.
Ya'll are wrong, if thats what they want to do, let them do it.
If you were white, and you dated a afghanistan and had kids with them, people would start saying things about you.
They will start posting things, like I think thats wrong.
Well you know what, it might be wrong to you, but to them it could mean that they love them.
Or if you were white, and you dated a black person, then they will say something about you too.
But no, people have to be rude, and tease somebody for what they are.
They also might not like to see things like other people saying, thats wrong.
If you liked a midget, you wouldn't want people saying that that is wrong.
I can't believe mods are letting this happen.
Leave peoples lives alone.
My sister has many male friends that are gay.
They are nice people, and ya'll are immature to post this.
kamari-ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 02:06 PM   #16
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
I kinda agree with Kamari-Ice. He has a point with the whole idea mof the thread itself. But i believe that one of the reasons we have these forums is to get the opinios of others, and to see the side's points, and thoughts of others around us. If it offends someone, then let it out, and express yourself, but the issue of homosexuality is a part of our everyday lives wether you think so or not. So except it, and move on. I personally don't know anyone who is gay, but i still say that they are people just like us and deserve their dignity for who they are.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 02:32 PM   #17
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
I wasn't going to touch this thread at first but oh well. My wife works with several gay men, and they are flaming. They talk very openly about their sex lives and they ogle men like candy. In public too! And then they turn around and say they don't want to be steriotyped. I guess if I said I was cool with it I'd be a hypocrite. Because I don't like to be around them. It's disturbing.
(by them I mean my wifes cooworkers)
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 02:33 PM   #18
The Rhythmosaur
Drum Disruptor

Yesssss, that´s right. How could we had learned your point of view if we did not open this thread? Don´t you think, a thread like this - just talking, changeing and discussing ideas about it - is a step to understand those people? Or - at least - respect em and let em live their lifes?
Your words contain thruth and wisdom, but shuting up is no solution. Ignorance is what kills others. Changeing opinions and facts is the best way against ignorance, I think. Come on, say what you think about it...

Rhythmo
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:29 PM   #19
Ice Cold
The Tag Collector

Ice Cold is on a distinguished road
The other day my sister was approched by a gay customer at work. The gay guy asked her who the hot blond guy was. The guy was talking about my sister's boyfriend!!! She said it was her boyfriend and he went on to ask if she was interested in a threesome! Can you believe this?! THis is while standing in line at the grocerystore.

I know all gays aren't this low, but their sometimes openess about personal matters is flat out repulsive.

Semper Fi!
Ice Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2002, 05:37 PM   #20
The Rhythmosaur
Drum Disruptor

Oh dear! Black sheep like this you find with heteroes, too! Who cares, if men behave like this in relation to a women! In contrairy, we feel cool to do so (me not). Gays that have contact with me know: As long as they behave like ordinary people and do their pleasures only with equaly minded, they got no probelms with me and vice versa. What you discribe is just what many women have to face daily.
Even our german army turned to admit, that a normaly behaving soldier with special sexual preverences can be a soldier as long as he does not affect the duty and the social life of soldiers within the barracs. I know that precisely because I served at the medical service. In former times it was a reason not to serve to be gay.