Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jul 5th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
FYI : Leave of Absence

Just wanted to let you all know that I will be without a computer for some time. I dont know if I got a virus or what but my computers acting up and wont even let me start windows. Anyway ill probably keep up by getting on other peoples computers but for the most part ill be gone untill i get it fixed or buy a new one. So you guys can breath a sigh of relief for now. But this I swear ! I WILL BE BACK !! MWHAHAHAHAHA...MWHAHAHAHAHHA !

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 11:20 PM   #2
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
Hope you aren't gone too long.

BTW...was my mic not working in Wolfenstein last week?
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:31 AM   #3
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Evil viruses! They always make a mess!

See you Vicious, hope you'll be ok in the meantime!
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #4
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Angry

See you later man! Hope you'll have your PC repaired ASAP!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #5
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Aww, that's sad!! Hope everything gets fixed soon!!!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #6
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
If it was me I woulda just tossed the harddrive out and brought a new one. I guess this is why I'm broke... I buy new things whenever they break dowm.

Well, later Vicious, my man.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Yes, viruses are nasty "creatures"!
Let's hope you can fix anything soon!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 01:46 PM   #8
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Sorry Vicious, thats really does bite the dust! Hope you back on soon, so we can have a game of wolfie! il be getting it soon!
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 04:26 PM   #9
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Im on Preventers comp for this post.

Quote:
BTW...was my mic not working in Wolfenstein last week?
I dunno but once we switched to Normandy it said you mic was disconnected. Your name wasnt highlighted in white and usualy that happens when the thing that plugs into your controller gets disconnected. The same happened to Preventer once while we were playing, kinda strange actually. But even without comunication we were ruling the opposition, strait representin the ps2fantasy cliq

btw, could you hear us at all ? We certainly werent hearing you

And thanks for the well wishes everyone, I should be back on in about a week or so. Im just going to format my drives and do a factory restore. The problem is my CD Rom is broken beyond repair and ill have to get a new one (Which my cousin is giving me) installed so I can re-install my internet and MP3 player. In all id say about a week if all goes well, ive been having withdrawls without my computer and i dont know if ill make it . Again, thanks everyone

Quote:
Sorry Vicious, thats really does bite the dust! Hope you back on soon, so we can have a game of wolfie! il be getting it soon!
Nice. A man can never have too many friends to play Wolfenstien with. Maybe you, Sleazy, Preventer, and I can team up one of these days and run rampant on people. And we can show you the ropes as well, it can be VERY confusing for newcomers.

Quote:
If it was me I woulda just tossed the harddrive out and brought a new one. I guess this is why I'm broke... I buy new things whenever they break dowm.
I am with you there. The only problem is that at the moment I have about 100 bucks to my name and thats going towards buying Knights of the Old Republic, and Madden 2004. So my moneys spent. Also I think im going to see T3 tonight and i cant even afford it . Luckily im getting a free CD Rom, if I didnt have that id be hella screwed

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"

Last edited by Vicious_2003; Jul 8th, 2003 at 04:45 PM..
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 03:08 AM   #10
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Vicious, you're problem with your computer sounds strikingly similar to mine...windows won't run and in the booting up process with Windows 98 on the screen my comp shuts down. It's given me this weird message about something that is lost or damaged and needs to be re-installed in order for it to work. File VMNX blah blah etc. or something. I'm afraid to turn it on right now until somebody has a look at it. My friend says since I have 98 I might be able to save all the shite on my hard drive.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 05:53 AM   #11
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
ooh! ooh! format time! and fun for all the family ^_^

i almost know what i'm talking about, as i've formatted this PC at least 10 times (and sometimes only a few weeks apart... It has a habit of finding new and inventive ways to go tits up )... so far, the three most invaluable things i've found to be loads of use when formatting are:

1. A Network Card (and a friend/spare second PC!)
2. A Partitioned Hard Drive (or a second Hard Drive).
3. Two versions of Windows on the same PC.

Why? because they all help you keep your important files (and in my case, thats 20gb+ of them - even if I had a CD writer, i'd rather not burn 30odd CDs... thats just a waste of my time)

1. A Network Card isn't just great for playing LAN games against people: a while ago I always used to link up two PCs and send the files I wanted to keep to someone else's PC. Then you format, and send it back. Its perhaps a little slow, but you have to format before you can do the much quicker buisness of partitioning...

2. A Partitioned HD is basically one HD drive that thinks its two HDs. (sorry if i'm patronising you here) Its easy and quick to move all your important files from drive C to D, format C (make sure you format the right one!) and then move it all back to C, after you've got your OS up and running. (The same effect could be achieved by installing a second HD - i wouldn't do that unless I actually needed more space [more than 60GB - i don't], as its a waste of money.) - The drawback, is that as far as I know, you have to do this while formatting. You use a program called FDisk to partition, and its put on the Windows Startup disk. My Windows ME manual on Partitioning and Formatting, so have a look in your own Windows Manual (unless you don't have one, in which case, try and find somthing on the windows websites...)

3. If you're low on HD space, it may not be worth it, but I personnally run Windows 98 and Windows 2000 on the same HD. Only, i'm not sure if you have to use Windows 2000 to have a dual OS computer (doh!). This is invaluable for the occasions when you simply can't get into your usual version of windows, like you currently can. You simply load up the other, and you effectively have a fully operational PC (from which you can move your files to another disk, and the reformat and start again.). Its also useful for programs which only work on WinNT or Win9x Programs, as you just select which one you want (eg. Maya Personal Learning Edition. Which appears to actually work on no OS, presumably because its an *******. ).

If you have any questions to ask, feel free to ask them. Except questions like - "why and how the hell do you bother to know all that?", "why did you bother to type all of that out?" and "is it ethically correct to keep a mongoose as a pet?". Also, feel free to ignore all that i've just said. Or sleep trying to read it.
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 04:32 PM   #12
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

HURRAY FOR ME IM BACK !

Hehe, i had Best Buy format my computers hard drive because It wasnt working when I tried following proper directions. Also my CD rom had to be replaced. I just got my internet re-installed so im back for good now,...i hope. Again thanks for the well wishes and a special thanks to The Artist for all that info

Old Jul 18th, 2003, 07:45 PM   #13
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Well, congrats for coming back after having solved your technical issues!
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #14
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

I dunno but once we switched to Normandy it said you mic was disconnected. Your name wasnt highlighted in white and usualy that happens when the thing that plugs into your controller gets disconnected. The same happened to Preventer once while we were playing, kinda strange actually
Yeah thats a bad thing about RTCW, when you change maps....the mic stops working. You have to leave the game and then come back again...... I know it sucks. They should do something about that eh.

And welcome back buddy.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 10:20 PM   #15
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Yee! Welcome back!! ^^
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 03:49 PM   #16
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Hurray you're back!
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #17
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
YAY! Now you can stop coming over and hogging my computer!

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #18
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

My internet explorer has had nothing but errors sence I restored my computer, very strange. Its allready acting up again, and it isnt looking good. Ive allready sunk too much money into fixing it and now i cant find the driver disc for my speaker system so I have to buy new ones. Its pretty damned irratating. But ive learned some things though this experience. Ive learned how to install drives in my computer. And ive learned thaT ITS IMPORTANT TO KEEP ALL HARDWARE that comes with ANYTHING you buy for a computer (even discs)

Old Jul 20th, 2003, 04:03 AM   #19
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003
My internet explorer has had nothing but errors sence I restored my computer, very strange. Its allready acting up again, and it isnt looking good.
If it's IE, you could try installing different versions, but IE crashing isn't really much of a biggy. Explorer (which seems to be the windows that are offline) crashes, are worse. They seem to reset everything on your desktop (for instance, you loose your Internet Connection icon and other stuff from your System Tray, so you have to find another way to disconnect.) and are simply a pain in the arse.... so long as your PC isn't in a state of "open window - crash - open window - crash", It probably isn't worth taking any action... you could reinstall windows or reformat if it is truely making your PC unusable.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003 and now i cant find the driver disc for my speaker system so I have to buy new ones.
Hmm... I wasn't aware that Speakers needed Drivers, its usually the sound card you need drivers for. And Drivers for all hardware can be found on the net. Find the Manufacturer and make of your SFX Card (or speakers if they do need drivers) and find their website. Keep a backup of the driver files.

To find out the make of your Sound Card, look around for Software Manuals, your Motherboard Manual (if its an Onboard Sound Card), any documentation you have that says exactly what your System Specs are, or take the case of your PC off and see if it says anything on the card itself.

Last edited by kupoartist; Jul 20th, 2003 at 04:11 AM..
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #20
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Thanks for that Artist, ill give thata try. When i plug in my speakers it starts to search for the proper driver, it cant find one and im pretty sure i need to load it off the floppy the speakers came with (dont even remember if they came with one or not though)