Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Stacked Rapture

Stacked Rapture is on a distinguished road
Any Requested Sequels?

Are there any sequels to any comic/anime that you would like to see? I'd like to see a sequel to Cowboy Bebop (I'm worried about the live action one coming out with Keanu Reeves) and the end to Hunter x Hunter.
Stacked Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I have not heard about the live action with Reeves but all I have to say is....

....*sigh*

I do not wish for a sequel to Cowboy Bebop since it concluded perfectly. It's true that there's potential for more (the futures of Jet, Faye, and Ed) but I think the original ending seems quite finalized...like they say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for sequels, it'd be nice if they actually, you know, completed Samurai Deeper Kyo because that ending was just...a real waste of time. But it wouldn't matter much since I don't care for that series anymore.

Another series would be The Big-O because although there was a second season, it was terrible. The ending didn't fully conclude the storyline it had nor was it as faithful to the original manga. Both, the manga and anime, has potential to continue. I hope to see more.

Will think of more animes because I'm sure there are plenty more.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Feb 17th, 2009 at 02:17 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg View Post

Another series would be The Big-O because although there was a second season, it was terrible. The ending didn't fully conclude the storyline it had nor was it as faithful to the original manga. Both, the manga and anime, has potential to continue. I hope to see more.
These are my thoughts, exactly. I also would like a sequel to the last series of Janguru wa Itsumo Hare nochi Gū, because the ending of the third series, though it was called Final, was clearly calling for some more episode - if you have watched you know what I mean. About other series I have mixed feelings: there are series that could go on forever so you have to stop at a certain point, anyway. Others series may have more episodes, but I think the ending without too many explanations is good and I wouldn't want them to add more to explain the aftermath of it all - I'm thinking about series like Gantz, Full Metal Alchemist or Great Teacher Onizuka, just to name few.

Cowboy Bebop? No, I don't want to see more. I think it's perfect as it is, any kind of development would spoil it. I'm not interested in following the remaining characters, anyway, because I don't think that was the point of the series at all. And the live action, I'm not going to see it. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke...
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu the Owl View Post
And the live action, I'm not going to see it. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke...
Ditto. Although, sadly, I may end up watching it (via rental) just to satiate my curiosity. *sigh*

Sequels to completed animes are always tricky to pull off unless done well. Some series are in dire need of it (Hellsing for example or even Fruits Basket...though I've grown weary of this once-my-favorite anime) while others need to just let it rest (Fushigi Yuugi or Saiyuki for example). Most of the time, I just feel it's really the cash that induces them to continue on...

...and with the inception of this live-action Bebop film - even if Sunrise is involved with it - it only goes to prove my point. Maybe they should rename the series to "Cashcow Bebop."

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #5
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
The thought of a Cowboy Bebop live action already don't sit well on my stomach, but that one could actually work if there were some good people behind it because it's more realistic than having people flying around and jumping so high.... (DBZ and Avatar... >_<) But then to hear about Reeves.... I'll just continue to say that anime, cartoons, games should never be made into movies unless it's going to be CG or stay animated. (I'm not really supported of comics being turned into movies either.)

Now as far as sequels goes. Yes, I want to see more of Cowboy Bebop, but not in the form of a sequel. I want more of a prequel. I want to see what Spike, Vicious, and Julia's life was like while in the Red Dragon. Probably show a little bit of Jet here and there with ICP (? Can't remember what law enforcement he was supposed to be in.)

Trinity Blood is another one. The way it ended (And I'm aware of the circumstances) just left me hanging. I wanted to see that fight finished.

Rurouni Kenshin. We've seen both Kenshin and Saitoh's (and even bits of Shishiou) roles in the revolution. I want to see an OVA/OAV (?) of what Aoshi and the oniwaban group was like during the revolution. Not to mention, I want to see how Watou-jutsu would look animated.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote