Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Aug 10th, 2003, 05:00 PM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Battlefield: 1942

Ok, now can someone tell me if this game will ever come on Xbox, and Xbox LIVE??.?? Because they were working on it, but cancelled it, as they wanted to spend more time on "Road To Rome", and to make that expansion pack perfect.

Now that the game expansion has been released, will they start working on XBOX.

Although I know that they have already started working on the Sequal, or I think another Expansion of that game. Neway... is this game AT ALL coming to Xbox.... or do you guys think that they'll start making it after a little while.

I love this game......... but I want it on Xbox... as I dont have a good PC..... and its just better on XBOX LIVE and all. This is pure Multiplayer Heaven. I hope they start making it again.

Any news on it...... any at all?.... Gamespot says that its totally cancelled....... I dont wanna believe that.

Please make this game come to XBOX and XBOX LIVE.
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #2
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Sorry its been canned. I'm pretty sure EA is not going to allow it be on xbox. Plus Makg the requirements for the game are not that high. All you need is a 800 mhz with atleast 128mb or ram and a 64mb or higher vid card.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 07:23 PM   #3
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
No battlefield 1942 for xbox, EA dont support live becuase they dont have the choice what to do (100%), microsoft restrcits everyone, and they just dont like it EA.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 10:45 AM   #4
MakgSnake

Darn, thats pretty bad. Yeah I know that no EA Sports games are going to be online on the XBOX. But.....if you see...... EA's Everything or Nothing is going to be on LIVE....... so this should come........ and like SSSnake said........ the game doesn't require that high fi of a system....... it should be easy to make it on XBOX.

But then I Think I'll just improve my CPU to play this amazing title. I already have PIII, 800 MHZ, 192MB Ram. Its just the video card I have to upgrade and all. And also... I need to increase the HardDisk.

This isn't good.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 01:35 PM   #5
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
buddy, i recomend at least a 1.3 processor and a BUTTLOAD of RAM
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 01:37 PM   #6
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake
All you need is a 800 mhz with atleast 128mb or ram and a 64mb or higher vid card.
and those specs aren't that far off the XBox ones anyway, so if you have the above, the XBox version would'nt look that much better...
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #7
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by the_artist

and those specs aren't that far off the XBox ones anyway, so if you have the above, the XBox version would'nt look that much better...

Yea but it would look good on the xbox, you cant compare a PC specs to a console machine.
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 08:22 PM   #8
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:

Also remember that the Xbox Cpu isn't equivilant to a Cpu of a PC. It can perform much much more.

Social Networks
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 04:33 AM   #9
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Actually the xbox CPU is a PC cpu. Its a pentium 3. But a xbox can perform better than a PC because it has no resource hogging operating system running in the background to take half the memory away and CPU power, thus degrading a PC game's performance. This is why PC games reqire so much ram, while video game systems only need as much as 64mb.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #10
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chara
This is why PC games reqire so much ram, while video game systems only need as much as 64mb.
I disagree to a point - Texture depth and Compression in PC games pushes up things like RAM like no-ones buisness - they are just so much more detail in the best looking PC games (compare a Screenshot of Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 2003 - on full settings - and tell me that the later isn't far more detailed). But of course, the OS hogs a bit as well...

As for being unable to compare PC and Console specs, in the case of the PS2 you'd need all the right know-how - on the XBox however, the components are very similar to a PC. The Xbox's video capability is only GeForce 3 level. And the processor is essentially a Pentium 733 as Chara Said. Also, a Processor is a Processor - Athlon and Pentium processors have similar optimisations for stuff like Video that any Console Processor has - Perhaps the XBox has more, but it is by no means filled with some kind of magic that makes it an extra special processor.

Besides, Processors are subordiante to GFX capability these days. A PC with a Athlon 900 Processor and a Radeon 9800 would outperform a 3ghz with a geforce 4...
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 06:11 PM   #11
Chara
Over the edge

Quote:

I disagree to a point - Texture depth and Compression in PC games pushes up things like RAM like no-ones buisness - they are just so much more detail in the best looking PC games (compare a Screenshot of Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 2003 - on full settings - and tell me that the later isn't far more detailed). But of course, the OS hogs a bit as well...
Yes, that is true but the xbox also has its own texture compression. I dont know about other consoles but since the xbox uses a modified nvidia chip, I know for sure it has texutre compression. A PC usually has better graphics because, as you said, of the video card. PC video cards have a crapload of video memory and other features up the yin-yang. More video memory means much higher resolutions, better buffering, filtering, anti-alaising, and the list goes on. On top of that anything on a PC monitor will look much clearer than on a T.V.

EDIT: I just found out the xbox uses Nvidia's NV25 graphics chip, which is just a more powerful verison of thier geforce 3 NV20 chip. So yea, it has texture compression for sure.

Last edited by Chara; Aug 12th, 2003 at 06:16 PM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #12
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

As for being unable to compare PC and Console specs, in the case of the PS2 you'd need all the right know-how - on the XBox however, the components are very similar to a PC. The Xbox's video capability is only GeForce 3 level. And the processor is essentially a Pentium 733 as Chara Said. Also, a Processor is a Processor - Athlon and Pentium processors have similar optimisations for stuff like Video that any Console Processor has - Perhaps the XBox has more, but it is by no means filled with some kind of magic that makes it an extra special processor.

Besides, Processors are subordiante to GFX capability these days. A PC with a Athlon 900 Processor and a Radeon 9800 would outperform a 3ghz with a geforce 4...

Why are you comparing a xbox to them specs on a PC?

You know that out performs ANYTHING, what battlefield 1942 looked like on the PC, it would just look just as nice or even better on the xbox/ps2, old game.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #13
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man
Why are you comparing a xbox to them specs on a PC?
because a 733 Pentium with a GeForce 3 is pratically what the X-Box is?

Texture Compression is indeed available through the XBox (Direct3D does it, so as its a ), but there are many different types and qualities of texture compression: the PC can use more detailed textures (I think some are as big as 4096 x 4096), and just because the XBox can do Texture Compression, doesn't mean that it does do it. Developers can opt to leave it out in the hope that less detailed textures would improve frame-rates on games where a lot of polygons are visable... Unreal Championship is probably one of the later, whilst somthing like Halo 2 Clearly does Texture Compression over polygons...
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #14
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:

Texture Compression is indeed available through the XBox (Direct3D does it, so as its a ), but there are many different types and qualities of texture compression: the PC can use more detailed textures (I think some are as big as 4096 x 4096), and just because the XBox can do Texture Compression, doesn't mean that it does do it. Developers can opt to leave it out in the hope that less detailed textures would improve frame-rates on games where a lot of polygons are visable... Unreal Championship is probably one of the later, whilst somthing like Halo 2 Clearly does Texture Compression over polygons...

okay, but I can say, the ps2 is 200 odd mhz, so I could say the xbox looks 3x better and every knows unreal tourny 2003 looks better than unreal champoinship, PC' get uprgraded every month or so, if you could do that with a console machine maybe it could match upto your 3 ghz geforce 4 fantasy.

my PC is better than the xbox specs, even though my ps2 and xbox look better.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 01:13 AM   #15
MakgSnake

I just bought the Official Xbox Mag today and it had a POLL in it... asking "Which PC game would you want on the XBOX", and 53% of people said "Battle Field 1942". At second place was Warcraft Series and on 3rd was Diablo.

I hope EA listens to this. People really want this beauty on Xbox.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #16
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I hope EA listens to this. People really want this beauty on Xbox.

It never will come to xbox nor xbox live.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #17
Chara
Over the edge

Quote:

Woah, how can they put textures that big into video cards today? Something that huge cant even fit with mip-mapping enabled. A texture like that takes up 32mb, not much room left for other stuff. Compressing that texture will take forever and you'll be looking at a long load screen. UT2k3 max sized textures are 1024x1024. But since I'm not a graphics designer and only a PC Tech support guy, I'll shut up because that is all I know when it comes to textures.

PCs and consoles are so damn different, its hard to tell what the difference is. A PC can be constantly upgraded so its just raw power. A console is a constant peice of hardware so developers use tricks to make things look better. Like silent hill 2. That game is fairly low poly but there is a clever use of textures to make it look great.

But yea, when it comes to detail the PC takes the cake as it can have detailed textures and high polys at the same time.

...werent we talking about RAM?
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 02:28 PM   #18
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Well theres a new expansion out now for the game called "Secret Weapons of WWII." I just purchased it not to long ago and I really enjoy it. There are about 6 new maps so far and there all damn fun. Plus the new vehicles and such that they added makes the game much more of a joy.

Social Networks
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 09:04 AM   #19
dan da man
Talk to the hand

Makg wait for Call of Duty!
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #20
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

Makg wait for Call of Duty!
Call of Duty is the sh*t. I love how detailed and interactive it is. Awesome game.

Social Networks