Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jul 21st, 2005, 12:30 PM   #1
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Resident Evil 5 (360,PS3)

The New Trailer!!! Enjoy!!

https://media.ps3.ign.com/media/734/734381/vids_1.html

A little more

Resident Evil 5 Update
Everything we know about the next generation of Resident Evil.

July 20, 2005 - The latest issue if Famitsu is home to first details and screens for Resident Evil 5. As we reported earlier, Capcom is bringing this next generation survival horror title to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with veteran developer Jun Takeuchi serving as producer.

Since our initial story, we've learned more details on the game. Takeuchi is somewhat vague in his discussion of what we can expect from the title gameplay wise, revealing only that Resident Evil 4, with the wealth of changes made by director Shinji Mikami, caused excitement amongst Capcom's development staff as a whole, particularly those who had worked on Resident Evil for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Even with the changes, Takeuchi states, there was no mistake that you were playing Resident Evil. We can apparently expect something that, similarly, maintains the taste of Resident Evil while featuring big changes from the traditional play format.
Images shared by the magazine were taken from a two minute high definition video clip in which the game's main character finds himself in the alleys of a desert city, being chased by a mysterious group of enemies. In describing the setting and content of the game, Takeuchi recalls a scene from the film Black Hawk Down, when a US chopper crashes to the ground and is swarmed by natives. The theme of getting out of a tight corner is a staple of the original Resident Evil, and is something that the development staff wants to work on with RE5.

The video does not actually reveal the nature of the enemies that are pursuing the main character. The primary enemy is a new element to the game and it's currently a closely guarded secret. The enemy are meant to come after you in great numbers, conveying the sense of insanity of hoards of natives that Takeuchi took away from Black Hawk Down. We can apparently expect something along the lines of the primary enemy in Resident Evil 4, who spoke a language that you were unable to understand and were more advanced than the zombies that have appeared in previous RE games. Takeuchi and crew are actually working on ways to make the enemy even more expressive this time around.

The development staff is paying extra attention to the game's environments, with Takeuchi stating that one of the tastes of past Resident Evil games was that of the player walking slowly through a dark and damp environment. This time, we can also expect wider, brighter environments, including scenes of intense sunlight.

As expected of a next generation game, RE5 runs in high definition, and one of the things the development staff wanted to do was use the new visual power at its hands to communicate the sense of atmosphere to the player. The images in the trailer clip are meant to convey a sense of high temperature. In fact, heat is a central theme to the game, with Takeuchi suggesting that when it's particularly hot, you'll want to cool down in a cave.

With regards to main character and background setting, Takeuchi states that we should be able to figure out the main character when we consider that members of the development team that created the original Resident Evil are working on this game. This would suggest that the main character pictured in the magazine is Chris (the bearded character in all the screenshots does resemble an older version of Chris).

Takeuchi won't reveal when we'll be able to play Resident Evil 5, only stating that we'll have to wait until the next generation systems are available. He assures us that out of all of Capcom's game projects, this one is getting the most attention, and this is why development will take some time.

A Capcom representative reveals to the magazine that a Tokyo Game Show showing for Resident Evil 5 is not out of the question. IGN is hoping that, with Sony's PlayStation Meeting press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon and Microsoft's Xbox Summer scheduled for this coming Monday, we'll get a glimpse even sooner than that.

~Will

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks

Last edited by Uchiha Sasuke; Jul 21st, 2005 at 12:32 PM..
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:39 PM   #2
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
This game might come out Winter 2007, who knows. But all I know is that I will be buying on my PS3 and not on 360. Hopefully Capcom will get HDMI in use for this game.

Now some said that the guy shown in the trailer is Chirs Redfield, and some says that its Billy from Resident Evil Zero. I would want him to be Billy then Chris, I dont know why. All I want is Clair to be in the scene somewhere in the game. And yeah I know Clair has more chance to be in it if the lead character is Chris, but why cant we play as CLAIR THEN ??? She is my fav female lead character in Videogames.....if you people didn't know. I Love Clair Redfield. There you go. I said it.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
This game might come out Winter 2007, who knows. But all I know is that I will be buying on my PS3 and not on 360. Hopefully Capcom will get HDMI in use for this game.

Now some said that the guy shown in the trailer is Chirs Redfield, and some says that its Billy from Resident Evil Zero. I would want him to be Billy then Chris, I dont know why. All I want is Clair to be in the scene somewhere in the game. And yeah I know Clair has more chance to be in it if the lead character is Chris, but why cant we play as CLAIR THEN ??? She is my fav female lead character in Videogames.....if you people didn't know. I Love Clair Redfield. There you go. I said it.
Hey its good to hear from you again buddy.

Yeah I'm totally stoked for the next installment. I heard rumors that lead character might even be Carlos.........Now that would be pretty crazy. I still don't have any idea what system I'm going to get it for though. Hopefully I can get ahold of both consoles.

~Will

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #4
MakgSnake

Carlos eh, that is crazy. I just love the fact that there are running zombies, and tons of em, heading towards you. That image just gives me goosbumps (however you spell that).

This game will just blew everybody away. Just like Resident Evil 4 <--- Thats one of the best games I have ever played, EVER.

I hope we can get some use of the vehicles. I mean use them this time around. And yeah, create a JUMP button somehow.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #5
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
I for one am excited for RE 5 to come out. As an avid fan of the series I just cant wait. I will be getting the ps3 version of the game. As for who the character is in the game Im not sure. If you notice in the clip you could see his right arm. Billy's right arm has the tattoo from RE0 which we dont see here. Unless he had some surgery where he had the tattoo removed then i guess its him but im leaning towards that it is indeed Chris Redfield.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #6
MakgSnake

Its just that I dont like Chris... I dont know why. I want somebody totally new, or LEON BACK!.!
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #7
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
Chris, Leon, Clair, screw them all, i say bring back Jill Valentine.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM   #8
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
Chris, Leon, Clair, screw them all, i say bring back Jill Valentine.
Jill is cool, I agree, but she did play huge parts in Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 3. So I dont think Capcom want to use her more then other characters.

I am still going with someone totally new. That would be cool. A new character we all can welcome to the videogaming industry.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:56 PM   #9
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakgSnake
Its just that I dont like Chris... I dont know why. I want somebody totally new, or LEON BACK!.!
Agreed, I don't like Chris very much either. I also think another new character wouldn't help matters. Since Capcom has enough plot holes in the RE series that are big enough to fall into. Them adding a new character would just be rather worthless IMO. I think they should bring back the second string players in one of the newer RE's. Like Barry Burton, Carlos, Rebecca, HUNK (a full game with him would be awesome.) or Billy, but Billy being in a new one probably won't be possible. Since he just walked away from it all at the end of RE0. Since he parted ways with Rebecca, she went to the mansion and he just walked off probably spending his life running from the military.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #10
MakgSnake

True that. Billy is a mysterious character but seeing him in an Arabian locales wouldn't make sense, unless he moved to another country to get a new name/makeover so that his past gets erased. There you go Capcom, I just helped you people with the storyline hahah..just kidding.

But you are right, there are alot of other character that capcom can use and all.

But who is that guy........I just hope hes not Chriss...cause it could get boring then.......I dont know why I said that, but Chris is kinda boring character.