Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » General PlayStation Forum

Old Mar 4th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #21
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
For me this sort of question has to be examined in more detail. To look at the best games of all time you have to ask, well what part of the game? Graphics? Storyline? Fun?

One could argue that the newest games are the best of all time cause they look the best for example.

However for me, the best game of all time for me, based on the hours played, the time spent with friends etc, would have to be Super Spike V-Ball for the original Nintendo. All 8 bits of glory it presented us with.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #22
george0123
Banned Member

george0123 is on a distinguished road
Well for me the best game for PS2 is God of War, Very good plit, story and as well as the gameplay, its not only your hands doing the job as well as your brains
george0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM   #23
Primal Shadow

Primal Shadow is on a distinguished road
Primal , new and original
Primal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM   #24
OldSnakeWontDie

OldSnakeWontDie is on a distinguished road
I'd say Metal Gear Solid 3 so far. But back in the day, Donkey Kong Country and Pokemon Yellow.
OldSnakeWontDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #25
simpleviolet
Banned Member

simpleviolet is on a distinguished road
Jak 3. Always has been and always will be. Jak 2 comes pretty close as well as Metal Gear Solid 3 and I thought Fallout 3 would beat it if it hadn't been hella glitchey on the PS3, felt extremely random, and the ending screws you over if you didn't save 30 minutes earlier. That's why I like Jak 3 because when you're done you play again with all your stuf and can still get more.
simpleviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #26
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
Wow, I don't remember posting in this thread at all lol.

But I guess it's time for an update since Ninja Gaiden is no longer my all time favorite.

I have quite a few favorites now, and trying to decide which one is my top favorite is hard because I think I like them equally... for the time being.

Devil May Cry 3
Kingdom Hearts 2
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 8
Shenmue
Hmm... As I read this now all I can say is wow, lol (Can't believe I actually said Kingdom Hearts was a favorite, especially considering now that I can barely stand the game). Anyway, because I finally got some free time, and I'm bored I decided to update my list.

01. Metal Gear Solid 3 - I don't know what happened, but somehow this game ended up off my list completely, and I drifted away from it when it was my #1 when I first got my hands on it. But now with the release of Metal Gear Rising on the way, and a renewed interest to play MGS3, it quickly regained it's dominance on my favorites. Eventually it'll end up being replaced by MGS4 when I actually play it, but for the time being MGS3 is on top. It has everything I like plus some. There's no wrong way to play the game, and it gives you the option of going in guns blazing as well as doing stealth. The characters are very memorable along with its story. Now I'm not the type to look for story in my games, but if it's there I'll pay attention to it, especially if it draws me in. I love the graphics and the cutscenes. Probably the best looking game on the PS2.

02. Devil May Cry 3 - Could've easily been DMC4, but I chose 3 because Vergil's in it, and I like playing as him. I can easily lose myself in this game (along with DMC4) because, when it comes to pulling off certain moves I'm easily entertained by it. I don't play these type of games for the challenge, nor do I play it for the story, but I play it just for the sake of having fun, and when it comes to these type of games DMC delivers more than the other games in the category. Plus having a badass main character helps.

03. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - This along with Super Street Fighter 4 (mainly SSF4) renewed my interest in fighting games, but it wasn't until I went to EVO last year to spectate was when I really wanted to learn the game. And not to mention it's just so hype to watch. I like that it's not a real deep fighter. I like that it's one of those games you can pick up and go nuts with your friends and family, although I do want to be better than them in this. Sure I have questions about some of the characters in this game, but overall I really enjoy this game.

04. Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - Me and SSF4: AE is like being in a relationship. One moment you love it, and then the next moment you hate it. It's a very rewarding game once you actually learn it, but unfortunately I haven't had much time put into learning the game (especially when the training and challenge mode is on the boring side) due to work. Despite the complexity of learning how to utilize FADC I love that it's here, especially since it makes combos look more flashy. The game is very technical and I love it (despite me raging a lot lol)

05. Shenmue - The only game I've played that's actually calmed me down when I was extremely frustrated. Till this day I can play this game and still feel refreshed. The story of martial arts mixed with revenge, if pulled off correctly, can really net satisfying results, and I feel Shenmue pulled it off nicely. So sad that I don't have a dreamcast anymore, otherwise I'd be playing this right now. I did hear that Shemue HD collection may be in the works, though, so I'm looking forward to that (and I'm still hopeful for Shenmue 3)

06. Mass Effect 2 - This spot could've easily been Mass Effect 1 since I feel that Mass Effect 1 did so many things right that it just pulled me in and made for quite the experience. However, Mass Effect 2 improved upon Mass Effect 1 till it trumps it completely. If there's one thing I could do away with, it's the wandering around looking for ammo. I liked that you didn't have to look for ammo in ME1, and would've loved to not have to scurry about looking for ammo, but other than that ME2 is great. So great that I've yet to finish the game because I don't want the game to end, especially hearing that some of the characters aren't on your squad in ME3, and I've grown quite attached to my squad in ME2, especially Miranda, Garrus and Tali.

07. Okami - The one game that comes close to giving me that serene feeling that Shenmue gives me. Okami does it differently though. I get that serene feeling just by looking at the game itself. The artwork, setting, when things blossoms in full effect, all that just puts me at ease. If there's one flaw I have to point out about Okami it's that it should've ended at an earlier point of the game. It's been a while since I've played it, but I do remember never finishing it because it felt like it was dragging entirely too much, but other than that I enjoyed it. Sure it takes some things from Zelda, but I'm currently having some issues with Zelda (using the same formula from OoT entirely too much till I'm bored with the series), and I feel that Okami is better suited for me. I was iffy about playing as an animal at first, but in the end it's no different than playing as a person.

08. Halo: Reach - The main reason I like this game over Halo 3 is because there are no floods whatsofrickenever. My goodness I hate them things. And to play a Halo game without them felt truly refreshing. And then the campaign was too good even though it was fairly short. I really enjoyed the characters. Enjoyed them so much that I even put "Noble" as my PSN name (NobleSavage). I can't say anything about multiplayer since I don't play it. Single player, ah, yes, this is beastly.

09. Assassin's Creed 2 - More than likely to be replaced by one of the later games in the series, but for now, AC2 did so many things right. Like I said, I don't play games for story, but if it's there, and it's presented well, I'm game. Originally I was turned away from the AC series because of AC1, but AC2 was a big step up, and I immediately took to it. I love the idea of going about objectives the way you want instead of being forced to do it one way or another. Eventually it keeps repeating and that did bog it down a little bit. But then there's Ezio. Ezio is such a charismatic character, and then there's the free-run platforming (if that's what it's called), I love it when it works, but hate it when I die or lose a large amount of health due to Ezio not jumping in the direction I tell him to. For the most part I enjoy this game though. I don't care about history at all (unless it's Japanese), but if people throw their own little twist on it like this it can make for one exciting experience.

10. Final Fantasy 8 - I came into the rpgs late, and this was my first rpg. And at that time I clicked with it because I saw myself relating to Squall quite a bit. Not so much as being emo or whatever, but the way he responded to people felt right at home with me. Also, I'm not real big into rpgs either. I mainly got this one just to look at the summons and limit breaks, but who knew that I'd end up becoming addicted to the game at that time as well, especially after coming off games like DMC3 and MGS3? The junction system and the card game were little perks that kept me entertained as well, but the junction system itself when I got used to it stuck gold. Also, this is the only game that I've sold 3 times, and bought 4.

And there you have it. There are some games I've yet to play (but I've seen full playthroughs of) that can easily replace some of these choices. Uncharted 2 being 1 along with Metal Gear Solid 4 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Revelations and 3. As for honorable mentions;

Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden 1&2
God of War 1&2 (yet to play 3)
Darksiders 2
Guilty Gear X2

I'm also curious to see if folks lists have changed at all.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote