Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Metal Gear Solid Forum

View Poll Results: Would Like Raiden After Kojima's Ultra Cool Makeover?
Yeah, I have always liked him, and now he'll be even better then ever. Cant WAIT. 7 53.85%
If the transition is near perfect, then I guess I can give him a second chance. 4 30.77%
As much as I want to, I cant. I really dont think a cool/rugged makeover would do anything to him. 2 15.38%
I hate him, and will always do no matter how amazing Kojima makes him. He stays near my foot. 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #1
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Would You Like Him? Or Not!.!

Simple Poll. As mentioned in the other thread, Kojima is planning to make Raiden really cool and amazing and he believes everybody would love him this time around. So if the transition is perfect would you like him or still have hatred for ruining your Sons Of Liberty.?.

Last edited by MakgSnake; Feb 8th, 2006 at 12:45 PM..
MakgSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #2
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
i choose the first one, i never once had a problem with Raiden, i enjoyed playing as him in MGS2. if kojima would make him cooler in MGS4, great.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #3
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
i choose the first one, i never once had a problem with Raiden, i enjoyed playing as him in MGS2. if kojima would make him cooler in MGS4, great.

Agreed.

Never had a problem with Raiden, awesome character. Yup bring him back even more cooler for MGS 4, but don't make him the main character I want Snake.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #4
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
I voted the second. Yeah, I do like him, but I can't say I entirely like him. When I first played MGS2, I really hated him. Not because he took over Snake's role as the main character or that he looks feminine (I don't care about that), but because he was so whiny, like a girl and somewhat immature. That bugged me. And even though at the end, I do have some respect for him, I can't say he's fully captured my heart.

So, in MGS4, I could care less what he looks like, just as long as he's a bit more mature in nature.

EDIT: Nice to see you again, Makg.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Feb 9th, 2006 at 01:58 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #5
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
All that they need to do to improve Raiden is to go back in time and do a better job of choosing his VA. I liked the character a lot, I kind of wish that Kojima's team would leave him alone. Just axe the VA. I suspect he went to the same school for obnoxious whiney voiced boys as Tidus...
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
All that they need to do to improve Raiden is to go back in time and do a better job of choosing his VA. I liked the character a lot, I kind of wish that Kojima's team would leave him alone. Just axe the VA. I suspect he went to the same school for obnoxious whiney voiced boys as Tidus...
You know what? That's probably why I didn't like Raiden; it must've been his voice! The guy they chose to voice Raiden sounded overly-whiny and, I'm sorry, pathetic. Maybe Raiden isn't so annoying after all, but perhaps it's the voice that ruined everything for me! Eureka!

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Feb 15th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #7
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
You know what? That's probably why I didn't like Raiden; it must've been his voice! The guy they chose to voice Raiden sounded overly-whiny and, I'm sorry, pathetic. Maybe Raiden isn't so annoying after all, but perhaps it's the voice that ruined everything for me! Eureka!
I think, Quinton Flynn (I believe thats how you write his name), was told by Kojima and Scott Dolph to sound like that. A character that is inexperienced and gets confused easily. I am pretty sure, Flynn will return for Raiden's voice, but this time around he'll be more deep and rugged. Cause if you hear David Hayter in an interview, he doesn't sound like "Solid Snake" at all. I think Quinton Flynn is a talented actor, and he'll do his job well.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Or perhaps they wanted him to sound a bit more effeminate since, in the Japanese version, Raiden's voice is a bit more softer and less rough. But, I suppose what came off as trying to be somewhat gentle, young, and inexperienced came off as whiny instead. No offense.

You Can Help

Old Feb 19th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #9
Sleazy P Martini

Sleazy P Martini is on a distinguished road
I never had a problem with Raiden. MGS2 was a great movie. I really enjoyed watching it.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:35 PM   #10
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Actually, Kojima explains the origin of Raiden in Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1. They had a group of high school girls give of their explaination why they wouldn't play MGS and what would make them play MGS. Reason why not: Would never play as a macho-man character like Snake. Reason why they would: A feminine-like character. Thus, Raiden was born.

/facepalm needed.

Although I never really had a problem with Raiden myself.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #11
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I always liked Raiden the way he was, whiny voice and all. And now that I think about it, I have my own reasons for liking him even more, and I'll just say that being a soldier is not as easy as it looks and specially if you are part of a Black Ops elite group where you are to take on an entire army on your own. I'm not even on special forces or have ever had to kill a person, and find it hard to pull through the day some times. I can't imagine the trauma I'll go through the day I'll have to do that, I'll probably cry like a biach and puke my guts out.

Raiden had just been thrown in a situation like that, it was his first real mission, it was his first kill, it was the first time he friggin got shot at. (Then again, he pulled through all those things, kept moving forward and accomplished the mission) I know it's just a video game, but, fictitional as it is, it is also very realistic on those aspects, and the reason people think that Raiden is such a cry baby is because they measure him against Snake, and that's probably the most unfair comparisson in the world. But I bet you that if there was to be a game that showed the first days of Solid Snake's training under Big Boss, he would probably be seen as a week and whiny character.

I can't wait to see a seasoned, expert Raiden, I am sure that he will kick ass, I picture him more or less like Liquid Snake. Plus he was always more acrobatic than Snake, so that can give him some more props.

Don't make mistake on what I am saying though, NO ONE will ever be as cool as Snake (other than Big Boss), no matter how cool they make Raiden, he won't "outcool" Snake.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:05 PM   #12
TtTackler
¤Web-Head¤

TtTackler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen
Raiden had just been thrown in a situation like that, it was his first real mission, it was his first kill, it was the first time he friggin got shot at.
Actually, as a child Raiden was a ruthless killer in war known as Jack the Ripper, trained by Solidus Snake himself.
TtTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #13
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtTackler
Actually, as a child Raiden was a ruthless killer in war known as Jack the Ripper, trained by Solidus Snake himself.
That's right, but if I remember correctly, those memories had been erased from him due through brainwashing or out of his own neglective choice, the point I want to stress out is that this kind of situation will freak anyone out, that Snake is a seasoned veteran, combat expert who has survived many conflicts and missions and therefore has the attitude that we all love, then you contrast Raiden's attitude with his and obviously he looks like a whiner and wimp, but put any real soldier of our real Army (including me) who have also recieved combat training and still will be scared as hell even when we have a whole battalion on our side, imagine a guy's feelings that's in this kind of mission by himself.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #14
SniperWolf

SniperWolf is on a distinguished road
I voted for the second one. I didn't really ever like him in the first place. He always seemed a little feminine to me. But if they make him over just right, it could change my mind.

I'm new here by the way.
SniperWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 06:34 AM   #15
amarant_coral

amarant_coral is on a distinguished road
I went for the first one. Okay, so Raiden isn't exactly the best choice of lead role... but he certainly isn't the worst.

I suppose I can sympathise with Raiden because MGS2 was my first Metal Gear game and - much like him - I was terribly confused all the way through the first run.
amarant_coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #16
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarant_coral
I suppose I can sympathise with Raiden because MGS2 was my first Metal Gear game and - much like him - I was terribly confused all the way through the first run.
LOL, don't worry, I think even veteran MGS fans were confused with MGS2's story.

Seeing how you've already got some posts in this'll be late but: welcome to the forums by the way! It's always nice to see another MGS fan!

You Can Help

Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #17
MakgSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy P Martini
I never had a problem with Raiden. MGS2 was a great movie. I really enjoyed watching it.
You are a mean person.