Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #1
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Spanky's Tour of the Star Wars Universe

As some of you may know, I'm very much into Star Wars Galaxies, the MMORPG, and so for your delection I have decided to bring you some sights from around the galaxy.

If anyone has any requests for some pics them please let me know and I'll do my best!

For info, my characters name is Ymobacca. I'm a wookiee how is currently a Master Cabineer and Master Doctor.

- S
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #2
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Here's some pictures to begin with:

This one is a view from the house on Dantooine that I share with Tifosi.

Here's a pic of me with my Probot Droid and my Swoop bike while I was hunting on Dathomir. You should see the wild rancors that roam the Dathomir plains! Awesome!

Here's a pic of Jabba's Palace at sunset on Tatooine.

And to follow here's me with the Mighty Jabba - I had a few jobs to do for him!

One of the most iconic characters of the Star Wars universe has to be Boba Fett - well here's me with Boba Fett.

And finally, I went to Yavin IV to visit the Massasi Temple. This is where Luke and Han recieve their medals at the end of Epsiode IV: A New Hope.

That's all for now but hopefully I'll have some more soon.

- S
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #3
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Spank,

I didn't notice this thread before! Please post more, more and again more - I currently have no chance to play SW: Galaxies, so I'm really interested in your adventures into the game! You have a nice view from your house... and please, next time you see him, say hello to Boba Fett for me!

Thanks!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 11:51 AM   #4
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Nice pics Spanky, too bad I can't afford a MMORPG or I would definately join you in your adventures.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 02:57 PM   #5
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
mog

can u get pics from luke skywalkers home? i have always wondered what he sunset was like there

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:09 PM   #6
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Well, seeing as though I've had some requests, I'll take a jaunt out to the Lar's Homestead and provide Snake with a pic from Luke's home... and as for Harry, if I bump into Boba Fett again, I'll be sure to send him your greeting!

Keep watching this space!

I'm going to try and get some Rancor shots soon so watch this space!

- S
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:00 PM   #7
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Of course, I'll check this thread everyday, waiting for more sights and more news about Ymobacca's adventures!

Just a couple of questions! Is it true that players with Jedi powers are rare, like the developers said before the launch of the game? And... have you ever met a Jedi Wookie?

Well, if in the future I'll be able to enter the world of SW:G I'll surely look for Master Ymobacca around the galaxy.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 03:58 AM   #8
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Of course, I'll check this thread everyday, waiting for more sights and more news about Ymobacca's adventures!

Just a couple of questions! Is it true that players with Jedi powers are rare, like the developers said before the launch of the game? And... have you ever met a Jedi Wookie?

Well, if in the future I'll be able to enter the world of SW:G I'll surely look for Master Ymobacca around the galaxy.
I have not met a Jedi yet Harry!

The developers made a big mistake at Christmas time when they revealed how to open up your Jedi character slot. Out of the 32 available professions, 5 of them had to be mastered in order to open this slot. This lead to many people simply grinding their way through the professions until they unlocked.

Some people only had to grind 5-9 professions, some only unlocked after all 32! In either case, people stopped playing and simply bulldozed their way through the professions.

Thankfully the developers have introduced a new Jedi system and all we know is that it revolves arounds quests that will be different for every player. Further to this, in order to advance beyond Padawan status you have to sacrifice everything that you have already learned.

Once you reach Jedi Knight status you can opt to take part in the Jedi Trials - this will determine if you can carry on and become a Jedi Master. Once you become Master you may then be voted on to the Jedi Council by by other Jedi players - and yes; there will be light and darkside councils!

So whilst Jedi will be available to the most committed of players, the hardships endured should keep them somewhat rare - besides, if you openly reveal yourself to be Jedi, you can be attacked by any player and will find yourself on the Bounty Hunter mission terminals!

- S

Last edited by Spank-A-Thon; Jun 24th, 2004 at 04:00 AM..
Spank-A-Thon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #9
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan

Hyuuga Neji is on a distinguished road
I had purchased this game right when it came out but there were too many glitchs so i stopped playing it have they fixed the majority of the glitchs now? Is it easier to understand and locate people etc? What have they changed or added?

Last Game I Beat: Fable
---------------------------------------------------
What I Really Meant To Say Is I'm Sorry For The Way I Am, Never Meant To Be So Cold
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #10
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
I had purchased this game right when it came out but there were too many glitchs so i stopped playing it have they fixed the majority of the glitchs now? Is it easier to understand and locate people etc? What have they changed or added?
Ohhh, what question - where to begin???

To answer your question, I generally don't have trouble finding other players but understanding them depends on what languages you have learned. So unless I have learned to understand Rodian, it will make no sense to me.

Publish 9 is due out next week and each publish has represented a major change. There have also been mini publishes in between and countless updates and quick fixes.

There are still many problems with SWG but there are also many great things. New things since launch have been things like player vehicles, player cities, new player droids, new quests/dungeons and enhancements to various professions. There's too much to mention to be fair - so I would be better probably answering specific questions.

In November, the space expansion called Jump To Lightspeed is due out. Players will be able to own and customise their own ships. The gameplay will be similar to the X-Wing series of PC games.

As well as the obvious X-Wing and TIE variants, players can also obtain a YT-1300 (same ship as the Falcon) in which they will be able to carry other players and decorate the interior! I believe there will be 16 ships available from launch.

- S

P.S Hopefully I'll have some more pics up tonight after the England vs. Portugal Euro 2004 game.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 03:58 PM   #11
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Awesome pics Spank! Post more of them! But anyway, is it true that Ewoks are not playable characters? I'd love one day to be a Jedi Ewok, but no Ewoks no chances I'm gonna get the game
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #12
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan

Hyuuga Neji is on a distinguished road
Are they discussing the possibility of going into a everquest and ultima thing with allowing houses etc?

Last Game I Beat: Fable
---------------------------------------------------
What I Really Meant To Say Is I'm Sorry For The Way I Am, Never Meant To Be So Cold
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #13
Harry
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank-A-Thon
I have not met a Jedi yet Harry!
Thankfully the developers have introduced a new Jedi system and all we know is that it revolves arounds quests that will be different for every player. Further to this, in order to advance beyond Padawan status you have to sacrifice everything that you have already learned.

Once you reach Jedi Knight status you can opt to take part in the Jedi Trials - this will determine if you can carry on and become a Jedi Master. Once you become Master you may then be voted on to the Jedi Council by by other Jedi players - and yes; there will be light and darkside councils!

So whilst Jedi will be available to the most committed of players, the hardships endured should keep them somewhat rare - besides, if you openly reveal yourself to be Jedi, you can be attacked by any player and will find yourself on the Bounty Hunter mission terminals!
- S
This sounds awesome. I think that in this way each Jedi's path should really be unique - and I'm really surprised that Jedi are as rare as the developers originally said, and that life for a Jedi will not be easy.

The fact that other Jedi players must judge you seem exciting - do you think it's possible to fall to the dark side and go against the council... well, or stuff like that?

Also, I really didn't know that you will be able to have a YT-1300, and best of all, that you can customize it! You know, I've always dreamed saying "I've added some special modifications myself" pointing a finger at my "Millennium Falcon". Hehehe.

Well, I can't wait for something more from Ymobacca!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Whew - so many responses all of a sudden! This has cheered me up so much given that England just lost to Portugal on penalties...

Anyway, a couple of pics first! As requested by Solid: Snake, here's a view of the Lar's Homestead (Luke's home). And for Harry, but also everyone else here at PS2F, a greeting to Boba Fett!

Right, now to answer some questions.

Rei, Ewoks are not playable as they are deemed too primitive (same reason for Jawas). There are 2 new species coming in the space expansion (please don't be Gungans!) but currently you can be Human, Zabrak (Darth Maul's race), Wookiee, Rodian (Greedo's race), Bothan (not seen in the films), Mon Calamari (Admiral Ackbar's race), Twi'lek (Bib Fortuna's race) and Trandoshan (Bossk's race). Who'd want to be an Ewok anyway??? Bloody Teddy Bears!

Hyuuga, I'm not sure what you mean as this is my first MMORPG, but I have two houses myself - one which is pictured at the start of the thread, and one just outside Bestine on Tatooine.

Harry, I believe you reach a certain point where you decide whether to follow the dark side or not - the Jedi Council is not in the game yet but it is coming within the next week or so. I'm not aiming to be a Jedi - I'm just happy "living" in the Star Wars universe, but if I ever become Force Sensitive - I'm sure you'll hear about it!

And I know exactly what you mean about having your own "Millenium Falcon" - I just need to find someone to be my "Han Solo" now!

As stated before, any requests for pictures and I will do my best!

- S
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 06:17 PM   #15
Harry
Administrator

Hey Spank, sorry about the match... at least England still plays great football, not like Italy... it was a great, spectacular match, I think you must still be proud of your country's team!

Anyhow, great pics! The one with Boba Fett is funny, thank you! There are so many things I would like to see and visit in the game... a little tour of each planet you visit when doing your mission would be awesome, but maybe too time consuming. Maybe some picture from your favorite planets? Or from some of your missions?

This game is really a dream come true for every long time fan of the series... I can pefectly understand when you say you're just happy "living" in the Star Wars universe. And with the November expansion... I think the game will have eveyrthing I could want from a Star Wars MMORPG. It's also amazing the amount of work the developers are doing everyday on the game, from what I've read in the official forums.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #16
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank-A-Thon
Who'd want to be an Ewok anyway??? Bloody Teddy Bears!
Me!
Spoiler: show
Those "Teddy Bears" saved the Universe in episode VI, or at least they had great part in it! Primitives or not!
Don't forget the power of the mighty roly-poly bears! Arrr! But alas, if they're not playable...

Anyway, beautiful shots, Spank! Really amazing! Thanks for posting!
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #17
Bogart
Private Eye

Bogart is on a distinguished road
Great thread! I want to read more too. Spank, why don't you invite also your friend in the game to write some sort of diary or post more screenshots?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #18
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Sorry for the apparent inactivity folks but there are two reasons. 1) I've been away due to work so haven't had much time to play SWG, and 2) I don't want to overload you all with screenies!

However, I have some new shots ready to be posted soon - and hopefully some of them will make you smile!

Plus I'm still trying to talk my buddy into making an appearance - he's somewhat camera-shy! Heh heh...

- S
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 10:34 PM   #19
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Here are some screens I would like to post.

Random screenshot of a camp I made. Making that camp didnt make much sense because I didnt have anyone else in my group but meh, I was bored.

Taking on a jedi alone That isnt me but I just thought I'd post that. He got killed 2 seconds later. I only saw 1 jedi while playing and someone had to point him out to me. I caught a glimpse of him as he was driving away on a speeder.

Jedi running away Heh, imps are always cowards although they outnumber us rebels.

Jedi dead Yep, they managed to kill him. Once I become BH, I'll be trying to hunt them down specifically since many Jedi have bounties on thier head. NOt until after I become a Master BH and learn Tera Kasi, though.

I would have some screens myself but I dont know how to take them without using the print screen function. I am sure there is a key shortcut, though... I will definitely take screens once my guild gets the rebel base filled with turrets and everything.

Tomorrow I might go to Endor so I can see me some ewoks. ^_^

Last edited by Chara; Jul 16th, 2004 at 10:47 PM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #20
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Ok, here are some final images for tonight (I just found out that Print Screen IS the screenshot button, lol).

Here is me getting some entertainment. Heh, actually I just was helping her get some more dancer XP by watching her while I was away from the comp.

Now this is what I call a hot day. That is the first time I actually noticed tatooines 2 suns, I usually dont take the time to look at the sky.

I own Naboo Heh, I just finished up a rebel mission and decided to take a shot of Naboo's landscape.

I tried to get a shot of some Jawas but since it was during dusk and in the shadow of something, it didnt turn out too well. But I love those little guys, it almost hurt me when I had to kill them for Jabba the Hutt. Although I did find it funny that one said "Outinni!!!" right before it died...

I wouldve taken pics of a raid on an imperial base that me and a few fellow rebels did earlier today but I didnt know that using print screen saves your screenshots... But what sucked was that this imperial was just waiting outside the base for us to become incacipated so he could just kill us before we had a chance to heal each other. He took two of us down that way.

Later I'll probably post more from naboo since its a beautful planet. You guys have to see the Gungan vs Imperial battle there. Well, if its still going on. When I went there before it looked as if someone came by and took out all the gungans and there wasnt any fighting. But hopefully the Gungans will come back.

Last edited by Chara; Jul 17th, 2004 at 12:09 AM..
Chara is offline   Reply With Quote