Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 08:09 PM   #21
KraftSLU
Local Xbox Supporter

KraftSLU is on a distinguished road
I have the opposite problem as meryl. The xbox controller is a perfect fit, feels sturdy which I love, and I can reach everything perfectly. Whereas the ps2 controller is tiny and literally swims in my hands. I can't keep a grip on it to save my life (or lives depending on what game Im playing). If there was an adapter to let me use my xbox controller on the ps2 I would pick it up, no question.
Old Aug 16th, 2002, 08:22 PM   #22
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
I've quite big hands, and I can sincerely say that I've still to find a console with the comfort of the Dual Shock. On my opinion, the Playstation controller (and the Playstation 2 advanced version) is one of the greatest gifts made to gamers.

The Xbox's controller is really a bit too big to be considered a "universal" controller like the Dual Shock. And well, its weight is really excessive...

On a note, the adapter that lets you play your Xbox with the Dual Shock controller (there are two or three versions around) is one of the worst things you could get for your Xbox. All the games for Microsoft's console have been calibrated with the original controller in mind. Plugging a Dual Shock 2 through the adapter will make you feel like you're playing with one of those cheap $5 third party controllers. If you don't like the original controller, you should get the S version or a third party one designed for the Xbox.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2002, 10:51 AM   #23
BowevelJoe
ShakeandBakeMasta!

BowevelJoe is on a distinguished road
i wouldnt say i had monster hands or anything, but the controller to me is pretty nifteh, it grew on me extremely fast (me being the FPS fan i am, and playing halo nonstop for quite awhiiile.. torturing marines will never get old ) but, i have a huge controller, then i have an S controller, but i use the big one alot more... mainly because its the one i started out on..but, the controllers are ALOT easier to manage than the gamecubes, i still cant play the gamecube very long without my hands getting a weird cramp X_x too much SSBM for me
Eater of Peenut butta!
BowevelJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:34 PM   #24
RobHardo

RobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished roadRobHardo is on a distinguished road
Yeah my bro got his xbox friday, and i think he bought the small version with it cause he knew he would want to,

IT'S MYSPACE!
RobHardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:13 PM   #25
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Sid554 is on a distinguished road
The only complaint I really have about the xbox controller is the placement of the black and white buttons-it's a little awkward IMO. I think the worst controller of the 3 systems is the GC. Like I read recently in reference to it-"the button setup looks like a robot threw up on a boomerang." I would have to agree.
Sid554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 10:47 PM   #26
lowdru2k2
Rayburn Golf Player

lowdru2k2 is on a distinguished road
I like the X-Box controller, I like the PS2 controller, I don't like the GC controller to much though. I love the X-Box Controller for FPS, Sports games, and others. I like how the thumbsticks are placed. I don't like how the thumbsticks are placed on the PS2 controller because you can't use both at the same time and press the X,O, ect. at the same time. I hope the PS2 improves by PS3.
lowdru2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2002, 11:28 PM   #27
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Almost everything has been said already, so, I'll just say this, plain and simple :

My problem with it is that it's too big.
I practically have to tilt my hands in a bizarre way just to be able to get to the back buttons while holding the rest... ugh; it's just so uncomfortable. That and, man, that thing is ugly as hell !!

My prefernce goes to the GC's. Even though it wont win any fasion awars, either, it's great handling makes up for it. That one, unlike the X-Box's, fits perfectly in my hand. I think it was made very, very well.

The PS2's : It's just kinda perfect. It's not bad-lookin' and it's pretty comfortable too.

happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:58 AM   #28
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
i dont have monster hands but it fits my hand pretty well its a good controller i dont find the problem with everybody else but my vote goes to GC its so perfect.
Old Aug 31st, 2002, 02:28 PM   #29
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Its weird how important contoller design is these days. its mostly because the complexity of the games we now play - there were no issues in controller design when games required a two buttons and a D-Pad. The ones we've currently got are also spookily different. I'd say the PS2's is probably the best as it has everything within reach of both hands, without trying to be all fancy and "space-age" like Nintendo. Microsoft's problem is that they clearly didn't put any thought into contoller design: In my opinion, it looks like they tried to get as many buttons on a Mega Drive controller as they could, making it bigger when they had trouble fitting each new button on.

As a note though, my favorite controller is my keyboard/mouse. but at least it has the desency to be placed on the desk ^_^
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #30
Damn Sniper

Damn Sniper is on a distinguished road
I've got semi-big hands, so the controller fits me pretty good. I have, however, heard a lot of poeple say the buttons wear out on them pretty fast, I hear that's the #1 defect of the system so far (Source: GameFAQs Xbox Board)
Damn Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 12:12 AM   #31
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
My hands are little, as a fact. They're not tiny, but little. The X Box controller indeed feels big, but not huge IMO. But definitely I'm just not used to it.. Yesterday I played DOA 3 and I got my arse kicked due to the fact that the buttons were quite different from PS 2, and the feeling is weird when you press them, kinda. And as Harry said, the Dual Shock controllers are indeed a gift. I love those controllers.

IAs others have said, I guess it's just a matter of tastes and personal "feelings"

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:01 AM   #32
twiztidfreak69er
The Freak of da Week

twiztidfreak69er is on a distinguished road
Re: X Box Controllers (Whats the big deal)

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
ive had countless PS2 controllers break from a simple whack against the floor, most recently due to the playing of "STUNTMAN", but you can tell itd take more htna that to finish odd an X Box controller
taking fits from a game huh? lmmfao same as me done broke plenty of atari nintendo ps ps2 etc.. controllers lmao but ive fount out more recentlly ...just cuss the game out if you have parents that dont like you cussing take the others advices use a pillow although i havent yet broke my new ps2 controller and it takes a hard and i mean hard slam to break em trust me I should know i get pissed at games easilly BTW I dont think theres really ne probs with the X-box controller since especially since their comming out with a standard imo
twiztidfreak69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2002, 04:13 PM   #33
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
whoa, old topic, still, now that I have an X Box, Ig to it with both a big controller and a s controller.

all I have to say is that the regular controller, feels so POWERFUL, specially when you play HALO with it. Probably the best controller I ever had for a FPS.

The S controller does not give me that feel of "power" but is much more dinamic, I bought it specially for fighting games, in which I think the regular controller fails because of the location of the buttons.

And as a side note, I have experienced that Dreamcast controllers are probably the worse, specially for fighting games, they suck.

Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote