Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Aug 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #1
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up BLEACH anime!!

Oh, time to celebrate! There is going to be a BLEACH anime! *cheers* It's going to air in Japan October 5 on TV-Tokyo. Well, this is happy news for me since this is my current favorite series. For those who don't know, BLEACH is originally a manga by Kubo, Taito and it's about this guy named Kurosaki, Ichigo (strawberry and the number 15...the guy in my avatar) who your average high school guy. The teachers despise him because of his orange hair color and this automatically makes him one of those "rebel" kids. That's why he's always so grumpy and cranky. He has a special ability; he can see the dead and this causes him more trouble. One day, a young shinigami (god of death) named Rukia comes into his house and has to transfer her powers into Ichigo (the reason is unknown). So now, Ichigo is a shinigami and has to destroy all the monsters in the world (called Hollows) and other problems with the Soul Society.
Alright, obviously I don't know much on the plot, but I dunno...I really like this series and there's 13 volumes so far. Hopefully this won't turn out to be another Samurai Deeper Kyo otherwise I'm gonna be very angry.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; Aug 13th, 2004 at 07:10 PM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #2
squirms_619

squirms_619 is on a distinguished road
That sounds vary interesting maybe i'll be able to see it soon.
squirms_619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 07:17 PM   #3
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

If you want to read the manga, the English versions are supposed to be out at your local bookstore or comic store. I think volume 1 has been released with volume 2 coming out soon.

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

You Can Help

Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 01:04 PM   #4
squirms_619

squirms_619 is on a distinguished road
cool ill look for them
squirms_619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

The anime has aired in Japan on October 5...there's the official site if anyone is interested in checking it out:

Bleach TV Tokyo

The voice for Kurosaki, Ichigo is Morita, Masakazu, the same guy who did Tidus' voice in the Japanese version of FFX.

The voice for Kuchiki, Rukia is Orikasa, Fumiko the girl who did Seras Victoria's voice in Hellsing.

The animation production is Studio Pierrot, the ones who did Naruto. I hope the anime is good...I wish I could check it out.

You Can Help

Old Oct 10th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #6
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
I got the first Episode downloaded. Damn good stuff

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
I got the first Episode downloaded. Damn good stuff
Awesome! Could you tell me how the animation is? And what about the voices? Do they fit each of the characters?

You Can Help

Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #8
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Awesome! Could you tell me how the animation is? And what about the voices? Do they fit each of the characters?

Well first off the animation is really well done. It is not spectacular, but the series are well done. There is a little bit of cging in certain parts that is hard to catch but it is there. Usually when I judge animes I look at how well they animate a fight scene. In Bleach the first one was well done but extremely short. I probably give more details when the seconds episode is aired. Voice wise I wouldn't of picked better. I swear I've heard some of the voices before but the point is they fit what mood is presented. If its a funny chaotic scene, you'll definately get the point through the voice acting. Same goes for a serious scene. It is well done and I will be looking forward to seeing more.

Social Networks
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 04:25 PM   #9
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Well first off the animation is really well done. It is not spectacular, but the series are well done. There is a little bit of cging in certain parts that is hard to catch but it is there. Usually when I judge animes I look at how well they animate a fight scene. In Bleach the first one was well done but extremely short. I probably give more details when the seconds episode is aired. Voice wise I wouldn't of picked better. I swear I've heard some of the voices before but the point is they fit what mood is presented. If its a funny chaotic scene, you'll definately get the point through the voice acting. Same goes for a serious scene. It is well done and I will be looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks Uchiha! I wish I could see it. *dies* Yeah, the first episode's fight scene is short but the later scenes (at least in the manga) are much more longer and action-filled. Hopefully the anime won't stray too far from the manga. Thanks again!

You Can Help

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #10
Reid
.red house.

Reid is on a distinguished road
I watched the first episode a little while ago and thought it was pretty good. The premise seems interesting enough, I just hope it doesn't desolve into typical fighting show ilk, although if it has a 26 episode run I don't think it could afford the time to do so. I know the first episode was meant only to introduce the story and I'm curious to see the direction the show could take.

What aspects of the manga did you like a lot, meryl? I'm curious to see what kind of anime it will be.

The animation was pretty good. It was clean and consistent but not really anything remarkable or new. I hope the show doesn't take the pretty standard second episode dive in quality.

Anyway, I'm going to keep watching this because it seems like it could be a good one. I got some of the manga but I couldn't find the first bunch of volumes so I haven't started reading it yet.

Because I don't know the characters too well yet the voices seemed alright. They fit and that's the really important thing, I guess.
Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #11
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid
What aspects of the manga did you like a lot, meryl? I'm curious to see what kind of anime it will be.
Well, I'm pretty much a sucker for anything that is almost very...uh...Kenshin-ish so I think what I love about the manga are the characters, the "development" of the Shinigami process (like training and learning), the story overall (I mean, Ichigo's past is something which isn't anything new, but still...this explains why he particular is a powerful Soul Reaper). I can't say the fight scenes in the manga are spectacular because for some reason, I haven't found anything too "impressive" so far. Perhaps later on.

Quote:
I hope the show doesn't take the pretty standard second episode dive in quality.
I hope so too. It's always annoying when that happens.

Quote:
Because I don't know the characters too well yet the voices seemed alright. They fit and that's the really important thing, I guess.
Well, Uchiha said they fit pretty well...but since I haven't seen them, I can't say whether they fit the sound in my head. Let's just say I imagine Rukia's voice to be somewhat soft, pitch-wise should be in-between, but also rough (not like tomboyish rough...that's for Tasuki, Orihime's friend) but yet knowledgeable and stern. Argh, I have the voice in my head...
For Ichigo, I imagine the typical loud teenage kid...slightly (and I do mean slightly) similar to Kyo from Fruits Basket and Midou, Ban from GetBackers. Again, I hear it in my head.

One more final thing I've forgotten to mention: there's a character later named Kon, which is a stuffed animal "turned to life" (you guys will see ) and the voice actor for him is the mangaka himself, Kubo Tite!

You Can Help

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #12
Reid
.red house.

I watched the second episode a few days ago and it seems that this anime could be pretty interesting.

I understand now where you get the Kenshin comparisons from, meryl. The show seems like it could be pretty compelling but for me, it could still really go either way pretty soon.

Luckily, there was no major decline in animation quality. It was pretty much the same as the first episode, which is a good thing. Consistency is a plus.

I'll keep watching it for now at least. It's at least better than much of the other Fall series.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 11:38 PM   #13
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
I watched the second episode a few days ago and it seems that this anime could be pretty interesting.

I understand now where you get the Kenshin comparisons from, meryl. The show seems like it could be pretty compelling but for me, it could still really go either way pretty soon.

Luckily, there was no major decline in animation quality. It was pretty much the same as the first episode, which is a good thing. Consistency is a plus.

I'll keep watching it for now at least. It's at least better than much of the other Fall series.
Got the Second episode too , I must Reid that I agree with you 100%. I actually cannot wait for the next episode of this series because its really good. I can't wait to see what that damn bear in the intro is all about

Social Networks
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 01:43 AM   #14
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
I can't wait to see what that damn bear in the intro is all about
Wait, you're talking about the one in Orihime's room, right? Oh...I thought that incident would be one whole episode...I didn't know they spanned it for the second and third episode.

You Can Help

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 10:31 AM   #15
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by merylsilverburg
Wait, you're talking about the one in Orihime's room, right? Oh...I thought that incident would be one whole episode...I didn't know they spanned it for the second and third episode.
No I'm talking the crazy looking one I see in the intro all the time. It like gets stepped on and goes all crazy and shit. I looks like a comedic thing, but I'm stoked to see if it plays a part in the series.

Social Networks
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 08:36 PM   #16
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
No I'm talking the crazy looking one I see in the intro all the time. It like gets stepped on and goes all crazy and shit. I looks like a comedic thing, but I'm stoked to see if it plays a part in the series.
LOL! Oh, him! That's not a bear, that's a lion. He's Kon, the one I mentioned earlier in my post...he's actually a stuffed animal who "came to life" in a situation I won't spoil for you. The voice actor for him is the mangaka, Kubo Tite.

Well, I managed to get the first two episodes (had to buy them, as always) and all I have to say is: Yay! I'm so glad the voice actor for Ichigo is perfect! Rukia's is pretty good too...and the rest of the cast is terrific! They did change some parts in the anime from the manga, but it's not too bad, done rather well. I'm so happy...becoming all addicted, hehe.

You Can Help

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 04:07 AM   #17
tuf

tuf is on a distinguished road
Bleach has been aired and subbed up to episode 5 already.

Manga still better though at the moment.
tuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 11:24 AM   #18
Reid
.red house.

meryl, I started to read the manga and you were right about it. It's pretty good so far. I've read up to Volume 5 and so far it's quite a bit better than the anime.

The thing is, the manga has a really, really neat art style that the anime doesn't really do justice to. The storyline is pretty neat too. Once it gets going there's some interesting stuff. I really liked the story arc about Ichigo's mother and the fact that there's a Hollow he can't defeat right away now. It adds something more to the story and I like that they portray the characters as having real motivation and such.

Anyway, I'm going to keep watching the anime as I'm curious to see how it will continue to adapt the manga. I'm excited to see Kon animated as well. His origin in the manga was really neat and hearing the mangaka's voice as him should be entertaining.
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 02:41 AM   #19
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
meryl, I started to read the manga and you were right about it. It's pretty good so far. I've read up to Volume 5 and so far it's quite a bit better than the anime.
Yeah, it is somewhat better than the anime...but, if the anime does follow the manga storyline faithfully, then the anime shouldn't be too bad. Though, as I mentioned earlier, there are a few parts cut out because of unnecessary details and lack of space, etc. I'm glad you're enjoying it Reid!

Quote:
The thing is, the manga has a really, really neat art style that the anime doesn't really do justice to.
OMG! I'm so happy you said this! To be honest, the real reason why I picked up the series was because of the art style! I know that sounds really superficial of me, but because I don't have access to those manga magazines, I gauge mangas by their cover. Bleach, for some reason, really grabbed my attention. From the covers, I think I liked the very clean art and the single characters dominating each cover. Then, the actual manga art itself, really was just so...beautiful to me. I can't explain it, but I feel his style is somewhat unique (especially the way he draws his very angular, square jawlines and his light pen style...not too much pressure at all...very clean). And, I agree with you too; the anime is nice to look at (of course, it had to be this way due to the animation process) but the manga is more detailed and refined (like most mangas). ^_^

Quote:
The storyline is pretty neat too. Once it gets going there's some interesting stuff. I really liked the story arc about Ichigo's mother and the fact that there's a Hollow he can't defeat right away now. It adds something more to the story and I like that they portray the characters as having real motivation and such.
I think you'll enjoy the later chapters Reid. There are more sense of motivation and more sense of "responsibility" and growth on each character's part. Though Ichigo probably is the more developed, next to Rukia. Also, the manga flows along very well; there hasn't been many situations where I thought, "This is totally useless, what's the point?" As I said, some fight scenes are a bit dragged on/uninteresting, but overall, it's not too bad.

You Can Help

Old Nov 13th, 2004, 11:47 PM   #20
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
look there's going to be a bleach game for the PSP.

Link

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote