Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:51 PM   #1
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Phantom Game Console Revealed

NO I AM NOT JOKING EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this sweet looking console is coming to challange the big boys! ps2, gamecube and xbox! and it say its going to out perfrom them too! this is going to be a killer console!!!!

heres the link, enjoy!

what do u think?
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #2
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
I think the systems design is rather outdated and looks stupid. Other than that all I have to say is how much will all these features (And the system ofcourse) Cost me ?. Also it seems kind of odd that this company pops up claiming to be coming out with a superior console lke this. Seems kinda fishy to me. And if you go to infiniumlabs.com. Youll notice that thiers no talk about any of thier other products or acheivements. And they dont speak of any other companys theyve worked with by name. If thier in Global entertainment then why is the phantom all that thier site has to talk about ?. Sounds like a ruse to me. Also I searched on 3 different prominant search engines for this so called Infiniumlabs company and I found nothing even remotely related.

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:56 PM   #3
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
I don't think this console will suceed very well, mainly because of one point.This company does not have the amount of funds nintendo, sony , and ms have.Plus there is no promised developer support.Its probably a good idea but releasing something like that in that specific time is senseless.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 09:15 PM   #4
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

(Not trying to sound offensive or anything) How exactly did you find out what kind of money this "so called company" has at thier disposal . I imagine, if the press release is for real then the company exec's wouldnt be dumb enough to go into the gaming market underfunded . You dont get into that powerful of a position with out atleast some knowledge of bussinus and finances. Granted if they didnt meet thier sales goals, funding could then become an issue, but then their real problem would be that they werent selling well, not that they were running low on cash

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #5
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

(Not trying to sound offensive or anything) How exactly did you find out what kind of money this "so called company" has at thier disposal . I imagine, if the press release is for real then the company exec's wouldnt be dumb enough to go into the gaming market underfunded . You dont get into that powerful of a position with out atleast some knowledge of bussinus and finances. Granted if they didnt meet thier sales goals, funding could then become an issue, but then their real problem would be that they werent selling well, not that they were running low on cash

I doubt this company has even half the fund sony, ms, and nintendo do.Thats why i say its senseless to try competing with them.

Social Networks
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #6
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

(again not trying to sound offensive here Snake, you may veery well be right) But Its not always whoever has the most money wins. Its more what you do wit it than how much you have. But yes its a safe bet that this so called Infinium labs or whatever (If its even a real "Lucrative" company) doesent have the kind of money that say Microsoft does, but then again who does. I read some financial reports in a magazine a while back and it seems that Microsoft is worth more than Sony and Nintendo combined yet clearly they sales numbers dont reflect that. Money isnt everything my friend. As long as theyve got the money to launch the system with plenty of units, sign a good number of developers(They claim they will offer "Thousands of games" yeah right) , and Put together a descent advertising campaign they have a chance at surviving in the gaming industry even against the big boys that they claim they will beat (Another yeah right) . But again ill say I believe this to be a ruse (Means a lie/rumor) . The puzzle on this "Phantom" doesn't seem to go together right. I think this is some guy whos good at making websites who decided to pull a fast one on the gaming community. I dont buy it, but it does grab my interest, I look forward to further developments

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:37 PM   #7
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

Its not always whoever has the most money wins. Its more what you do wit it than how much you have. But yes its a safe bet that this so called Infinium labs or whatever (If its even a real "Lucrative" company) doesent have the kind of money that say microsoft does, but then again who does. I read some financial reports in a magazine a while back and it seems that microsoft is worth more than sony and nintendo combined yet clearly they sales numbers dont reflect that. Money isnt everything my friend

Ok so maybe its not money.But the console needs to make money.Are they going to do it on the hardware alone?No.They need software or they will be at a loss for every console they sell.Are the developers going to jump ship on the xbox,gc,and ps2 for this new console just because it is more powerful?No.The xbox,ps2, and gc have established themselves and are making good amounts off the software and when this new console hits its not going to do much, alot like the atari jaguar.

Social Networks
Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #8
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

You make a good point and as I said you may very well be right, I guess only time will tell. Although if they plan on making thier system as common in americas homes as the VCR than they are going to have to price this thing low enough so that 70 % of americans can afford it. I dont think they would have the funds to do that. (Ive allready offered my opinion, no sence in repeating myself eh ? . Maybe I should just shut up and let some other people comment now

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 01:29 AM   #9
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Somehow, this doesn't look nor sound appealing at all (at least to me). Unless the console will actually have some "stable" information on the kind of games the system will provide, then Infinium will not get any money from my pocket.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2003, 12:09 PM   #10
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Why are they releasing the system so freaking late, by the time it hits the shelves, it'll be 2004 (I mean they say it'll release 2003 Xmas, but they always pospond these huge products). I mean........ofcourse it'll be the fastest and all, the amount of time they have taken to make this..... but it'll have a short life-span. As when it'll be doing its 2nd year in the market (The year, when the "REAL" good games comes out on a NEW SYSTEM). People would be looking forward to Ps3 and NextBox and hopefully another Nintendo console. So what the hell....... these guys sound stupid to me, just my opinion.

But then again, it all comes down to games.... if they have some sweet ass wicked games........, even 3 or 5 of them. I just might buy this system. ........... And it doesn't matter if its more powerful, it should have similar price like $298 (Canadian) just like Xbox or Ps2 (Or even lower, as this price will go down). So what is this Phantom is going to do, sell itself in Loss..??..... Cause not many people would buy a $400 more expensive console, especially the one that doesn't have a GAMING BackGround at all.

But whats Cross-Platform, is it playing other consoles games on it??
Old Jan 21st, 2003, 01:51 PM   #11
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

But whats Cross-Platform, is it playing other consoles games on it??
im not sure the console has just been told to the public, and yes they have released too late. by the times that it is out only a couple of years along till ps3 and nextbox come along and crush it, to be honest i will laugh at them.
Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:46 PM   #12
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
So, Where do the games go? or is it all done electronically. I wonder how much this thing is going to cost because if it's going to be as common as a VCR it'll have to be comparatively low.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:14 AM   #13
Vicious
free your mind

Vicious is on a distinguished road
I think it would look kinda cool if they put some lights along the sides or something so that u could tell if it is turned on or not. The controller looks a little akward though.
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:57 AM   #14
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

The following I read on Epigamer.com , Just thought Id share it with yall

One of the most bizzare press releases to come in recently is one from unknown company 'The Infinium Labs'. By unkown we mean that at the point of the press release coming through they were not a registerred company and didn't have a website. Still hasn't stopped them from proclaiming

"Infinium Labs Corporation has emerged in 2003 as a leader in the converging Internet, digital entertainment and consumer electronics markets."

Not bad work, considering it's still the first weeks of 2003. Anyway this is too amusing to dismiss as a hoax quite yet.

The press release announces the Phantom console, "unique design architecture allows for delivery of a large number of games and the ability to participate in online massive multiplayer gaming. "

It also claims to be the "Fastest console on the market", and have "Cross Platform capabilities"

Infinium Labs has engineered its prototypes and expects to unveil the new gaming console in March of 2003. The company intends to launch the game console to the U.S. consumer market by November 2003.

Yes, facinating, we shall see whether this really is nothing more than a phantom.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:26 AM   #15
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Cross Platform?? Why would SONY, Nintendo or even Sega let a console use their software? I assume they would need permission, so I doubt they can do that (Because do you think that SONY, Nintendo and Sega would even gain something from that?)

I think It really is a phantom. No way can a company call itself a leader after one month of the company being created. Let alone magically come up with all the money and technology needed to create the "fastest console on the market" by November
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:20 PM   #16
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I guess we'll just have to see when it's released to the general public.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #17
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
I think Phantom would play PC titles, and if any platform games it'll play, it just might be Xbox, as its the closest to the PC. Not too sure. I really doubt the NGC titles would be allowed, same goes for Sony.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:21 PM   #18
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

If so that means it will still be able to play FFVII and any other playstation games also made for PC.
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:37 PM   #19
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
dude, that console looks like crap, it looks out-dated and no one's gonna buy it, u'll c what the fuss is all about 3 months or so, when its taken off shelves
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:47 PM   #20
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

I wasn't saying I'd get it but it would be interesting to know what games are available for it.