Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Other Consoles

Closed Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:00 PM   #21
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Daedaelus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And LOL.......At That "What A ComeBack".........Damn, Dumb!.!
Now that you have no answer, you're going to drop to curses? That's pretty low...

Quote:
But When Compared On An OverAll Bases. They Dont MATCH!.!
What the hell are you trying to say? "Overall bases", wtf is that?

Quote:
Makg please dont be so based.Those games mario and star fox are incredibly good and very in depth.Makg play games not systems (Blackthornn quote)
Thank-you for the support SSSnake.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:02 PM   #22
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Post Ok..

Not Low, Just Letting U Know, No Ones Making A Come Back Here. Just Mentioning Their Opinions. Which U Dont Happen To Get.

And OverAllBases....... Dont Know?..... Oh How Sad!.!
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:05 PM   #23
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Re: NOWAY!.!

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Huh?...... He Says Hes Intrested In RPGs..... Oh So I CANT SAY... Play RPGs Right Away With Ure SYSTEM, Unless He Writes It Down?...

And Halo Man, Those Games Might Be GOOD. For The SYSTEM Like GC. But When Compared On An OverAll Bases. They Dont MATCH!.!

And Q-Fund, May Make Good Games. Not Everybody Is ALWAYS Perfect!.! U Should BE Know That Iguana.

Whatever Q-Fund Makes. It'll Never Be Final Fantasy. So Final Fantasy Will Never Come On GC. Atleast For The Time Being!.!

And LOL.......At That "What A ComeBack".........Damn, Dumb!.!
Makg when a system has been out more than the other 2 its going to have alot more good games,i hope you know that.Your being baised when saying certain game are way better than others and stuff like that.Thats bashing.Just try to make your opinions a little less harsh.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:16 PM   #24
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Post Ok..

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSnake
Just try to make your opinions a little less harsh.
Aight Man, My Bad I Suppose!.!
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:22 PM   #25
REChick14
Ex-S.T.A.R.S Officer

REChick14 is on a distinguished road
Actually....

Actually there will be one final fantasy for Gamecube. Its called Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronical. But I think only Japan will be recieving this game. No plans have been made to ship the game to the U.S. Its coming out in 2003 for anyone that wants to know.

p.s. Makgsnake if u read this clean out ur message box. I have to tell u something.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:28 PM   #26
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
Aight Man, My Bad I Suppose!.!
Hey Makg, it's cool for you to say that. I never wanted to argue with you, I just think it's unfair that most people refuse to accept that PS2 is not the ultimate system.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:43 PM   #27
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana

Hey Makg, it's cool for you to say that. I never wanted to argue with you, I just think it's unfair that most people refuse to accept that PS2 is not the ultimate system.
We had problems of that kind extremely early in the year...along with some Xbox fanboys who came over and created a huge mess for The Other Consoles forum. Hopefully, people now see that all 3 consoles have their strong points and there's really no "bad" console. Well..at least, that's how I feel.

Back to the topic, I'm sure that the Xbox or GC will come up with some good RPGs in the upcoming year(s), but if ZOE wants to play RPGs right now, it's best to stick with the PS2.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:56 PM   #28
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Re: Just The 2 Of Us!.!

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

As For ADVENTURE Games. Oooh U Make Me Laugh!.! (But Hey Its Ure Opinion. So Its COOL) But Phhaallleeeaasseee.....Do Not EVEN Try Comparing MARIO DUMSHINE And STARFOX WHATEVER TO "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty" And "Devil May Cry" Or "GTA3"........ No No No!.!
MakgSnake, for this and all the similar statements you made here, I have to say you are 100% biased. Super Mario Sunshine is a wonderful game, close to perfection, and StarFox Adventures is an highly enjoyable, well-developed title. And trust me, there are thousands of players who prefer to play a straigthforward adventure instead than Metal Gear Solid 2.

Quote:
And That Square Q-Fund. .. Might Make Some Nice Games. But FINAL FANTASY (The BEST RPG FRANSHISE) Is Playstation Exclusive!.! Sim (POLE)
Now, this is the most biased thing I've read in this post, and a RPG enthusiast could really answer you in a bad way here. Makg, I don't know if you have ever played a true RPG, but Final Fantasy has little to do with the freedom, non-linear gameplay that's supposed to be in the genre.

And finally, moderate your tone here. The Playstation 2 is not a god. It has its limits, and both Xbox and GameCube have their strong points over Sony's system.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:22 PM   #29
Zoe

Zoe is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help anyway. Hope my question didn't cause a mess...
I'll go for Playstation 2 probably, since it seems to have the largest number plus best quality for RPGs at the moment.

Thanks again and sorry for the troubles.
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:38 PM   #30
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoe

Thanks again and sorry for the troubles.
None whatsoever. Have fun gaming!
Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:07 AM   #31
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
I just think that Makg has not been in the best of moods lately

To each their own. Nintendo is getting strong in the adventure thing, PS2 in the RPG thing, and X Box in the action thing... but then PS2 is also quite strong in the fighting thing but then X Box as well..... and then Shinobi is coming out soon for PS2, but then Ninja Gaiden will come for X Box in the not so far future..........

And with Halo and MGS 2 in their respective systems... what can be for GC.... Metroid Prime? Possibly. Although I hope it to be much more than just a FPS.

Alas, is just too difficult to say: This is the best system.

But ZOE, I'm glad your gnna get a PS2. IT's indeed a great system and you will not regret it. And currently, I'm afraid is the best choice if you want it for RPG's........ that's the first one I got. Then last week I got a dreamcast mainly for it's fighting games and it's magical crackeable features ). And I have resolved my mind to buy me an X Box shortly. I fell quite fortunate I've got he money for all that... because i know that in a future I'll buy a GC as well.

Quote:
... Makg, I don't know if you have ever played a true RPG, but Final Fantasy has little to do with the freedom, non-linear gameplay that's supposed to be in the genre.
Harry, I think I see your point. could you give us some examples of a "true" RPG? I'm asking out of curiosity, not intending to argue against your statement.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:05 AM   #32
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Frozen
Harry, I think I see your point. could you give us some examples of a "true" RPG? I'm asking out of curiosity, not
intending to argue against your statement.
Hey no problem, but remember that I didn't intend to question the quality of FFX, but the statement that it's the best RPG ever.

You know, the classic Role Playing Genre is based on a concept: build your character, create his strengths and weaknesses, define its role, live your own story.

The Final Fantasy series created what can be considered a classic RPG "console" genre, much more user-friendly than so many other PC RPGs, but it's also a system that gives the player less freedom because is heavily story-driven - and sincerely Final Fantasy X offers even less freedom than any other previous game of the series - its linearity is typical of an adventure game, not of a RPG.

I'll try to explain myself a bit better. In Final Fantasy X you can modify your character, give him/her certain attributes, but his/her path, the story of the character, and even the way in which you go from point A to point B of this story, is entirely pre-determined.

One can love this kind of game structure - it has also the advantage of letting the game designers to create strong, well defined characters (and from this point of view, I can still say that Cloud from Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game character of all times, together with James from Silent Hill 2). But this advantage goes against the assumptions of the genre - it's still role-playing, because you play within a defined role, but there isn't the role-creating part, which is one of the most creative things offered to the player by the RPG genre.

So basically, a true RPG should offer the player the possibility to 1. create his character 2. play in the way that fits his role 3. travel in the in-game world in the direction he prefers.

A classic RPG, to make an example that everybody knows, is Morrowind from Bethesda (but also the previous Elder Scrolls games) - actually, it takes the assumptions of the genre to the point where it becomes a revolution into the genre: Morrowind gives the player complete freedom. You're basically thrown into a game world and you can explore it in every direction, do everything, play in every role, avoiding the (excellent) main quest, interacting with more than 2,000 non playable characters...

Actually, there would be tons of other considerations/exceptions to write here, enough to write a boog, also because we should consider that RPG elements are now featured in almost every game.
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 03:03 AM   #33
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Ah, thanks for your explanation. That makes me think more or less about table games like dungeons and Dragons... you make a "resume" for your char, and all that, right? But chance also comes to play it's part so you don't make an invincible character.

Now that we're talking about this..... ppl always looks at me lik if I was stupid whn I say that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill are RPG's... of course they can not avoid being survival horror, but you definitely get completely attached to the character's experiences and it really makes you feel you are assuming his/her role. But since these games are so linear (although silent Hill was a little bit different on that part, and I still have to beat SH2)

That's why I think now that FFXI has such a great feature... that is to crete your own char. But as for what I've read, this game will lack of other freedoms, I think.

Man, you gave me a new game (Morrowind) on my list of future X Box games whenever I get that console .

Whoa, and now this has gone quite off topic. Sorry about that

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:38 AM   #34
Harry
Administrator

Yeah, of course Final Fantasy XI is a whole different story - is a massive multiplayer online RPG, and there is really no other choice than offering the players the possibility to create their character. There are many limits in the freedom of the game, first of all the fact that you can't attack other human players - but it's a development choice that was created after the problems caused by player to player battles in other online RPGs.

And about the thing you said about Resident Evil and silent Hill... it's true... you are completely abosrbed into the character, and from this point of view, you are really playing a role.

And Morrowind... just imagine you're thrown into this unknown land, just imagine to have a map of this land, and just imagine that you can go everywhere, enter in every building, discover dozens of secret dungeons, places, travel from city to city... it's probably the most realistic offline virtual world ever created, despite a few bugs present in the game.
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:07 PM   #35
XboxKiller

XboxKiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana

I make you laugh? You're the one who's comments are hillarious. All the games you mentioned are shootem-ups, and I'm not exactly sure what genre GTA3 comes in.
your getting me mad with all your sorry comments about the ps2.come on you know its the best system out there
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:28 PM   #36
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by XboxKiller

your getting me mad with all your sorry comments about the ps2.come on you know its the best system out there
PS2 is the best system out there...in some people's opinions. Others might think differently. They might like the PS2, but not think it's the best console ever. We have to respect everyone's opinions on this topic. Please let's try not to start a war in here....again...

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:31 PM   #37
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:

come on you know its the best system out there
Prove it. Support your statements, don't just come here and randomly say: "PS2 is the best system"
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:13 PM   #38
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
excellent Iguana, throw gasoline into the fire.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #39
Daedaelus
I'm Rick James *****

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMortal
excellent Iguana, throw gasoline into the fire.
You just love starting flame wars dont you DigiMortal? Who started this? XBoxKiller did, he said I was "making him mad".

Why do you do this? Do you like to be embarassed or something?
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM   #40
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Sid554 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is exactly the kind of crap we don't need here. Hasn't everybody had enough of this console wars sh*t by now? Geesh.....enough already.
Closed Thread