Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Sep 16th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #1
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Final Fantasy XI + HDD DEFINITE release date!

Good news for North America... here is the full news.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 12:28 AM   #2
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
That is awesome news. $100.00 is a fairly good price. Well a really great price since it comes with FFXI pre-installed. I'm still going to buy a copy of the game just to have it. Does anybody know if the pre-installed version of FFXI will still come with the first month of game play free?

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 01:32 AM   #3
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
need some clarification

Hmm...don't mean to sound so stupid, but this means that both FFXI (the whole game) and the HDD will cost about $100 together?
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #4
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
Smile

I'm want one!!
..must have!
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 09:07 PM   #5
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Re: need some clarification

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSphere

Hmm...don't mean to sound so stupid, but this means that both FFXI (the whole game) and the HDD will cost about $100 together?
Exactly. The HDD will come with Final Fantasy XI pre-installed, at a price of $100 ($99).
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 09:11 PM   #6
Harry
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

That is awesome news. $100.00 is a fairly good price. Well a really great price since it comes with FFXI pre-installed. I'm still going to buy a copy of the game just to have it. Does anybody know if the pre-installed version of FFXI will still come with the first month of game play free?
Yes. The first month will be free. A list of the fees can be found here.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #7
Preventer Wind

Thanks for the info Harry. I'll certainly be buying the HDD. If I like FFXI I'll buy a copy right away but if not I'll just wait for it to go down in price. I noticed EverQuest went down in price quickly so I would expect FFXI to do the same if it doesn't sell well.

Sun Tzu
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 06:55 AM   #8
Harry
Administrator

If you buy the HDD, you'll automatically have Final Fantasy XI. There are currently no plans to release the HDD without Final Fantasy XI pre-installed on the drive. Adding to that, there aren't even plans to release Final Fantasy XI separatedly from the Hard Disk Drive. In other words, the HDD will include a full copy of the game - but maybe you were speaking of the monthly fees? I doubt they will go down in the first months; well, unless subscriptions will be below Square-Enix's expectations (and this is very, very difficult, also considering FF XI is a cross platform MMORPG), I highly doubt they will ever go down.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 07:13 AM   #9
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
There's one thing still not answered, sorry if this isn't the right place for this, what are the payment methods for FFXI?
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 02:28 PM   #10
Preventer Wind

Quote:
If you buy the HDD, you'll automatically have Final Fantasy XI. There are currently no plans to release the HDD without Final Fantasy XI pre-installed on the drive. Adding to that, there aren't even plans to release Final Fantasy XI separatedly from the Hard Disk Drive. In other words, the HDD will include a full copy of the game - but maybe you were speaking of the monthly fees? I doubt they will go down in the first months; well, unless subscriptions will be below Square-Enix's expectations (and this is very, very difficult, also considering FF XI is a cross platform MMORPG), I highly doubt they will ever go down.
Well I was talking about buying a copy of the game. Does it actually come with a copy of the game?... DVD case and all? Because if so that would surely make it worth every penny. But I thought by having it preinstalled it wouldn't come with the DVD case. It means a lot to me to have that case. It wouldn't feel like I owned the game if I didn't have it.

I also doubt they will change their subscription prices. I was talking about the price for a copy of the game: FFXI Seeing as how you can pre order it, I would think it would come out separately.

Quote:
There's one thing still not answered, sorry if this isn't the right place for this, what are the payment methods for FFXI?
A list of prices can be found here Harry had posted the link a couple messages ago. But there it is again.

Sun Tzu

Last edited by Preventer Wind; Sep 18th, 2003 at 02:33 PM..
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #11
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Well, having heard the news that Res Evil: Outbreak (aka Res Evil Online) may not be released as an online game in the UK, I doubt we'll ever get to see FFXI...

Not that it's unusual for UK & Europe to get shafted by Square or anything...

Excellent news however for all you US FF Fans! Guess I'll have to keep checking my local import store...

- S
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 04:12 PM   #12
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
No, payment methods. Like do you have to pay with Credit card, have it taken outta your bank account, or can you get it billed to your phone bill? Or any other conceivable way you could be expected to pay for it.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 12:13 AM   #13
Preventer Wind

Quote:
No, payment methods. Like do you have to pay with Credit card, have it taken outta your bank account, or can you get it billed to your phone bill? Or any other conceivable way you could be expected to pay for it.
Sorry, my bad. I do know that you can pay by credit card. You might be able to find more here: playonline I looked around the web for about 30 minutes and the only method I found was credit card. I am sure there will be more.

Sun Tzu
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #14
Harry
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Hi,

Square-Enix didn't give more details about payment methods, but I'll be sure to ask them so that I can give you an answer. Anyhow, if you want my guess, I think they'll use the same formula used for EverQuest OA - credit card or game cards.

Preventer Wind, I'll also add your question - in fact, I'm sure a lot of fans will be interested in having the concrete disk of the game. By the way: I repeat, there are currently no announcements about a release of the Playstation 2 game separately from the the HDD (after all, this wouldn't make much sense, since the HDD is reuqired to play the game, and in North America the HDD will come with the game pre-installed) - and GameStop's date is wrong.

We'll also update the FAQ with these questions.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 10:52 AM   #15
Preventer Wind

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry
Preventer Wind, I'll also add your question - in fact, I'm sure a lot of fans will be interested in having the concrete disk of the game.
Yes! That's what I mean. What happens if it accidently gets deleted? If it doesn't come with a disk then you have no way of playing it again. This is why I think they will release the game separatley as well unless it comes with a disk.

Sun Tzu
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #16
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
I doubt we'll ever get to see FFXI...
PC yes, PS2 no. But then when you have a Radeon 9700 Pro in your PC, I presume that it seems ever-so stupid to contemplate splashing out for a £100 HDD to play the PS2 version anyway?
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #17
Harry
Administrator

While we are still unable to give you further details about payment methods, Patrick Seybold of SCEA told us that the HDD package will include also a copy of Final Fantasy XI, in case gamers eventually remove the pre-installed version and decide to put it back on at a later date. Adding to that, Final Fantasy XI will not be sold also separately from the HDD, since the HDD is required to play it.

P.S. We also updated the FAQ with these answers.