Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:03 PM   #1
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry Those anime characters...

Ah, I haven't made a thread like these in a while now

Many of us, if not all, have a character that stands out more than the rest. Be it their personality, inner struggle, or just plainly the way they look, there's always that "one" that we inevitably think is the best. This may be because you may be able to relate to this character or simply because you just "like" him/her.

My questiong is this :

In anime, which are the girl and guy characters you find affectionate for yourself (one of each gender) ?

Keep in mind that this is not asking you who you'd like to be, nor is it asking your favorite character, as this doesn't necessarily have to be so. ^_^
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:33 PM   #2
Nelo Angelo
Victory is Mine!

Nelo Angelo is on a distinguished road
I believe these five stand out the most for me.

1. Alucard, Hellsing- He is ze über badass. Hell his guns are hella powerful as well. Not to mention his "I'm coming back until I kill you" thing. :p

2. Gatz, Berserk- Same as above only he has a badass sword instead of guns...He also has superhuman strength and endurance.

3. Saitou Hajime, Kenshin- He's a real person and does his missions cool and swiftly. Also, a secretive person as well. Not even his birthday is known. :O

4. Kenshin, Kenshin- His sword techniques are amazing and he's funny too. :p

5. Seras, Hellsing(*sees eyebrows being raised*)-Well...uh...she showed how badass she was on Hellsing ep. 6. Plus, she's hot.

Uh huh.
Nelo Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:27 PM   #3
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
For the ladies, almost all of them. The guy character that I find resembles me most would be maybe Tenchi, How does he get all those girls?
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:00 PM   #4
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Lets see

1.Dark Schnieder (Bastard) - Probably one of the most bad ass character in anime.He only has one weakness and its to protect his women.

2.Rhyoji Kaji (Evangelion) - Probably one the guys I would mostly like to be like or am like.Gets his job done.Doesn't get in the way, and always comes up with a good way to please a women.

3.Misato Katsuragi (Evangelion) - Ah the best anime babe ever.I admire her alot.She starts off the day with a beer and keeps at her job no matter what the cause.

4.Shinji Ikari (Evangelion) - Haha even though he has all those troubles he deserves my respect because he keeps going and never gives up.

5.Arucard (Hellsing) - What more can I say the guy is a badass.Can't be stopped.

6.Kamui Shirou (X TV) - Kind in some ways and doesn't show his feeling to people he cares about.Doesn't want to seem weak.Another character similar to me.

7.Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star) - Badass pilot,doesn't care about life and is willing to stare death in the face without regrets.Tough as NAILS.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 04:12 AM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
For me, it would have to be:

1) Honda, Tohru (Fruits Basket): I feel that she stands out the most in this anime because of her unbelievable kindness and sincerity to everyone, regardless of how cruel they are...there is no one in this world like that anymore, so that's why I picked her. Also, she is the type of person that if you tell any problem to, she would understand it even if she didn't go through the same experience. So, in a way, she relates to me, but not really because she is so sweet and caring, not like me at all.

2) Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop): I actually can't stand him. He's a pretty damn selfish guy, has that I-don't-care-what-happens type of an attitude which really irks me. But I picked him because of his realistic personality and the fact that his "attitude" was brought out by the events of his past. Sure, he's those typical "angsty" characters, but there's something else about him that makes him different from the rest.

3) Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop): Picked her because I relate to her a lot. She has a lot of lonliness which she hides away with a tough outer shell. But deep down, she's someone who is lost and is just trying to live by everyday casual, but searching for that one real purpose in her life.

4) Himura, Kenshin/Shinta (Rurouni Kenshin): Well, what can I say? I chose him because of his surprising ability to encourage and bring hope to many lives. I admire his strength to try to "help" everyone and his unselfish personality. It's amazing to me how he's able to stick with his non-killing ways and still find solutions to many problems.

5) Alucard (Hellsing): Right, he's badass. But that's not why I picked him. I admire his superior and arrogant attitude that "his kind" are the best vampires. He's a unique character to me because he's not filled with angst, sadness, spite or anything like other vampire characters (D, Nightwalker, Mosquiton, etc.). He's proud to be a true vampire and shows it off with pride, instead of being depressed and trying to preach to others that "the vampire way of life is nothing but a long, sad, endless road".

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:11 AM   #6
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

3) Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop): Picked her because I relate to her a lot. She has a lot of lonliness which she hides away with a tough outer shell. But deep down, she's someone who is lost and is just trying to live by everyday casual, but searching for that one real purpose in her life.
I never saw her that way before. Sounds kinda like me but she's female and there are many differences.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #7
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Guy: Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho): I don't care much for the show but the first couple of episodes were me minus the death. I can totally relate to how he felt.

Girl: Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop): Not that I have no clue what my past was like but as meryl said, ",... she's someone who is lost and is just trying to live by everyday casual, but searching for that one real purpose in her life." A lot like me. Plus she is hot

Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
1) Honda, Tohru (Fruits Basket): .......So, in a way, she relates to me, but not really because she is so sweet and caring, not like me at all.
Bitter and mean? Nah, doesn't sound like it.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #8
Hero
Lost Hero

Hero is on a distinguished road
This is a good thread... Well, to me I guess the character that most relates to me and gives me that feeling of "Wow he is bad ass" would probably have to be Sorata from X. He kick's ass and he always does it for the ladies, which sounds like me Plus he is not afraid of his destiny.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 06:11 AM   #9
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I never saw her that way before. Sounds kinda like me but she's female and there are many differences.
Yes, it seems that a large percent of the population can relate to the characters of Bebop, regardless of gender. Each character in Bebop have their own unique kind of "loneliness" and each shows it in a different way. Faye and Ed's are the most obvious; Faye is the "tough chick" but has a soft side to her while Ed is the "happy-go-lucky-kid" but you know she really isn't all that happy and in bliss. Spike's only loneliness is the fact that he's living every day life without a real meaning. He's just plain "whatever" and does the job "just because". Jet's will come from the fact that he's the fatherly figure and being the owner of the Bebop. In the beginning, the Bebop was "lonely"...but then the other 2 women came along and all 4 became a family. If you watch all the way to the end, it's more understandable about Jet's loneliness.

Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Girl: Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop): Not that I have no clue what my past was like but as meryl said, ",... she's someone who is lost and is just trying to live by everyday casual, but searching for that one real purpose in her life." A lot like me.
Yeah, her one purpose in life is to be a part of a family and to have the feeling of being loved and cared for. Because she has no idea of her past, she doesn't know whether or not she was loved or treated well.

Spoiler: show
However, if you see that one episode "Speak Like a Child" (Session 18), you get a glimpse of her past through a VHS. If you watch her childhood, it doesn't seem like she was very happy anyway because she wakes up encouraging herself to be the best and give it all she's got. Plus, looking at her surroundings, she appears to be a wealthy kid and the wealthy are sometimes are the loneliest people.

Ever since she met the other 3, that part of her has been fulfilled and she's content with that and doesn't want to lose any of it. She relates to me on certain levels.

Ah!! So sorry to stray off the topic. *smacks herself* Please carry on, I just wanted to add some things.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 12:05 AM   #10
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
That's a really good question Mena...

Having to choose one character from each gender, I'd say Legato Bluesummers and Asuka Langley Sohryu. I think they have some aspects in common, and that's why I've picked the two of them instead of choosing someone else.

Legato is truely a complex and powerful character. I say character, not simply villain, even if that is the role he plays in Trigun. His "epiphanies" are limited to few episodes, but in these episodes you can really see the magnificence of this series. First of all, Legato is a really troubled man. He's not simply a psycologically disturbed individual as many like to think IMO
Spoiler: show
The fact of being human is his greatest trouble, to tell the truth. His struggle is not simply against Vash the Stampede as an enemy, but against the fact Vash shares with Knives a supernatural nature, that he will never be able to achieve. He's not simply forced by Knives to haunt Vash. He's jealous of him for being the object of Knives' attention and love, while he, being human (and for this reason inferior to both Vash and Knives) will never be able to deserve Knives' affection. Legato knows Knives wouldn't save him from destruction because he's human, while he's willing to bring Vash back to his side. For this reason Legato seems to hate Vash so much (from here the common idea he's a mere psycho): because Vash loves the humans and refuses to embrace Knives' views on how mankind must be destroyed because of its imperfection and misery.

I find in this whole Legato-Knives-Vash question a lot of religious symbolism, starting from the fact Legato's name in Latin means "messenger" (messenger is the translation from Greek word anghelos, translated as angel in english) and in fact Legato brings and spreads Knives' message of destruction. He's in the middle, between humans and God (Knives).

In brief, Legato's personality represents a continuous struggle between his ego (his superiority complex) and his nature (his inferiority complex). That's a quite deep and fascinating issue for an anime character...

Asuka somewhat suffers from the same troubles but her situation is easier to understand: she finds herself compelled to always be "perfect", to always be "better than others", and she hides hes uncertainties behind her arrogance. Her experience (her troubled and unhappy childhood) taught her that she has to stand out to receive some kind of attention and love. But the fact she's learnt to appear as a perfect, clever, indipendent young girl is not in the end the ultimate weapon against self-hatred. Whenever she fails, all her perfection disappears, revealing the real Asuka as a weak and fragile human being.

Hope my brief analysis was clear enough
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 06:46 PM   #11
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
For me, uhhh, i can't really think of that many charatcers in anime that i can relate to, or look up to as a fictional character. Most of em are bad asses who don't take sh*t from no one and are really cool and sh*t. But then for me, hmmmm....

well, i guess this is my list.

Toji Suzahara, Neon Genisis Evangelion, just an average guy, fun, kind, stands up for his loved ones and likes to laugh, and loves to show his odd side around his friends.

Kintaro Oe, Golden Boy, the funniest damn person i can think of. The biggest pervert as well. He's always doing his hardest to get the chicks, and realizing that he seems to so quickly seems to get them to hate him. But he's still a kind and sweet person, just very loud and eccentric, describing me quite well, and he's always drawing, giving it hs all to get the many doodles of women perfect, emphasising the breasts of coarse. And at the end, all the women see him for what a great guy he really is and fall in love with him. I envy this character a lot.

Duo Maxwell, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, The most upbeat of the gundam pilots, always haveing a fun time with his work, no matter what the circumstances, and is a badass in his mech. He also does all he can to defend his loved ones, and with stop at nothing to accomplish his tasks if the stakes are high enough. Though kinda suicidal, he still seems to keep high spirits with it all. He's just cool.

Sorata Arigasawa, X tv series, He's so f*cking cool. Always really upbeat, and even when battling to the death, still laughing having fun, making jokes about everything. He's got awesome power, but doesn't abuse it, only uses it to stop his enemies. And he's destined to die for the one he loves, which seems to fit me well also.

Harry Champ, Zoids, this guy is soo pathetic, but i have so much sympathy for him because he reminds me so much of myself. Always trying soo hard to be something in life, but always failing to the better foe.And his eyes set on one girl, who hates him, and no matter how hard he trys, he always comes back empty handed, with his only two friends being two AI robots. But he never stope giving up, and is determined to make it out on top in the end. Always saying that he's the man destined to be king.

Van Fanel, Vision of Escaflowne, He's a fallen king, angry at himself for not being good enough for others, but still doing what he must because he knows he has to. He's just very cool, and his closed minded thoughts about everything is just like me, only seeing one way to do things, and in the end getting it done that way. And in the end, getting the girl he so much loved, but was always shy about expressing it. But even then, he still looses her, but has a sence of happyness anyways.

Tetsuo, Akira, The little guy in the group, always being forced to be the follower, looking up at his friend Kaneda, wishing he could be like him, then all of the sudden, standing up, and unleashing all hell on everything saying enough is enough, and after all of the teasing and abuse, I'm gonna come and kick your asses, ha ha! I find him really cool as well.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #12
LrdAlucard
Metalik0r

LrdAlucard is on a distinguished road
1. Alucard - For its evilness/kindness (well, u gotta credit the guy)

2. Kyo Soma (fruits basket) - for its way of hiding his feelings..well, im one shitty person too :p

plenty more...that i wont be refering to...too many of them *is 1 laaaaaaaaaaaaaazy ass*

"Its a good night... On nights like these, I crave for blood."
LrdAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote