Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Mark Forums Read   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » Comics And Anime Forum

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 02:06 PM   #1
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Best manga artist: your opinion

Just curious to know: who is your overall fave manga artist? If you don't have one, you can mention several names.

Mine is Sadamoto Yoshiyuki, who is known above all for the characters design of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:50 AM   #2
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Ooh.....good thread. I would have to say my all time fav. mangaka would be Watsuki, Nobuhiro who created Rurouni Kenshin. The way he draws is just so good. I mean, his lines are clean, his shading is unique and well done, his drawing overall is just great, especially positions and moves. His colored drawings are very gorgeous too, since he blends in traditional Japanese prints along with his characters. The colors are bold most of the time, but it's also very mellow and calming. There are also several other mangakas I'd like to mention, though they're not my favorites:

Takeuchi, Naoko who created Sailormoon. Okay, so there are not that many fans of Sailormoon, but I would have to mention her because it was this series and her drawings that got me into anime and manga to begin with. Her colored manga drawings are so beautiful, especially the colors, the scenery....it all blends very well together and she just creates stunning pieces.

Watase, Yuu who created Fushigi Yuugi because her stories (except for Ayashi no Ceres, that was not that great) are very good and dramatic. While her manga drawings are not that appealing to me, the story is still very good and she draws vedry realistic like, with a touch of manga in there, so it's kinda unique.

Tanemura, Arina who created Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. Her drawings are absolutely angelic and very beautiful. It's much different than Naoko's because her lines are more darker and stronger and it brings out the picture, while Naoko's is more pastel and soft which gives you a dreamy feelling. Arina's drawings are also colored very well, the backgrounds, and the way she draws her character's eyes....so unbelievable.

Nightow (or Nito), Yasuhiro who created Trigun. Wow....his drawings are soo cool! While the anime drawings were good, I thought his manga drawings are much better because they were more neat and well drawn. I dunno...Vash seemed very handsome in the manga. The girls are excellent too, because he didn't draw Meryl or Millie (or Milly) too wimpy or too thin looking, which fits in perfectly with this series. While he drew Millie quite large (which suits her perfectly) he also drew Meryl large, but also slightly small and delicate enough to let the audience know she was also very female, but tough. Tough girls in this series suit it much more than wimpy ones.

Okay, those are some of my favorite mangakas....I have a few more, but I don't want to bore the living daylights outta you guys, so I'll stop.
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:29 PM   #3
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
Well, i can't really colect magas where i live, but the one i do have is of Evangelion, and i love it. So i have to agree with hylas. But i also like the manga ka who did the illistrations for gundam wing. They are quite well done, especially the mecha designs, the way they fit so well in the frames and what not. Don't remember his name though. Sorry.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:37 PM   #4
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Sadamoto is my fave manga artist too. But I like also Clamp, even if I don't read many of their mangas, and Kazuya Minekura of Sayuki.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:39 PM   #5
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
I saw one manga from masamune shiro. It was of Ghost in the shell. The creator of the movie as well. It was very well done. And the one who does the stuff for Silent Mobius. That's cool too.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2002, 03:02 AM   #6
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rei
Yeah, Sadamoto is my fave manga artist too. But I like also Clamp, even if I don't read many of their mangas, and Kazuya Minekura of Sayuki.
Yes, Minekura, Kazuya draws very well and I would have to say that Gensomaden Saiyuki is my favorite series by her...much more than her new one Bus Gamer.
Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:23 AM   #7
Eternal Life

Eternal Life is on a distinguished road
I like Yuki Kaori (Angel Sanctuary) and Takahashi Rumiko (Inu Yasha) above all. Minekura Kazuya's works are also very good and I like the way guys are drawn very much
Eternal Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:55 AM   #8
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal Life
I like Yuki Kaori (Angel Sanctuary) and Takahashi Rumiko (Inu Yasha) above all. Minekura Kazuya's works are also very good and I like the way guys are drawn very much
I like Yuki, Kaori's drawings too. They look (especially the colored pieces) very gothic and hauntingly beautiful and I think that's so cool. Her new manga series is called GodChild and the drawings are the same, except the clothing, which is more gothic/European..... And yes, the way Minekura, Kazuya draws her guys are great.